OT- Heavy rains in Utah.

McGyverMcGyver Posts: 1,007
edited September 2013 in The Commons

I don't, know if this will post... I've been logged out a lot lately...
I happen to talk to someone I know who was just driving through an area of Utah just south of DAZ land... said there was some bad flash floods... The Weather Channel did not seem to make that much of it though... looked badish, but nothing life threatening... friend made it sound like the monsoons.
Well, point being- Good luck and stay safe to those DAZ employees who might live/work in the area... that's if DAZ is still in Utah.

Post edited by McGyver on

Comments

  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,069
    edited December 1969

    Well, point being- Good luck and stay safe to those DAZ employees who might live/work in the area... that's if DAZ is still in Utah.

    Yes, I believe the new headquarters are in Salt Lake City instead of Draper, but still in Utah.

  • DAZ_jaredDAZ_jared Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Thank you for your concern. Fortunately everyone here survived. It didn't get too bad here in Salt Lake City, but just a bit further south it got pretty crazy. DAZ_Kevin's street turned into a "river." River is in quotes because DAZ_Kevin is a BYU fan and is not to be trusted.

  • ElowanElowan Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

    Believe ir or not we occasionally get floods here in Arizona

  • dhtappdhtapp Posts: 256
    edited December 1969

    Elowan said:
    Believe ir or not we occasionally get floods here in Arizona

    Yup. Flash flood warning effective in downtown Phoenix today.

    Of course, half the side streets in this area don't even have gutters, so it wouldn't take much to set off unpleasant surface backwashes. So far, holding out fine, though.

  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 2,726
    edited September 2013

    Are there storm drains in Phoenix? If not, then I can see why why half the streets flood easily. wow.

    Edit: come to think of it, I remember seeing some video of residential neighborhoods in Arizona that don't have storm drains for the rain.

    I heard that southern Utah got the wost of the rains like Zion National Park, I think and Monument Valley.

    Post edited by starionwolf on
  • ElowanElowan Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

    dhtapp said:
    Elowan said:
    Believe ir or not we occasionally get floods here in Arizona

    Yup. Flash flood warning effective in downtown Phoenix today.

    Of course, half the side streets in this area don't even have gutters, so it wouldn't take much to set off unpleasant surface backwashes. So far, holding out fine, though.

    I'm singing in the rain (indoors of course). :)

  • VaskaniaVaskania Posts: 5,113
    edited September 2013

    Dhtapp- I feel your pain. I was born and raised in Phoenix and have been cut off by many flooded roads growing up. We had these empty, grassy 'ditch' things with tunnels that went all around our complex (they were to help rainwater travel downwards out to the street without harming houses). During the summer we rode our bikes and rolled our bodies down them, but when they flooded, it was like tubing down the salt river in my back yard. lol

    I've since moved to WA, and I don't miss the Phoenix monsoons with the off-chance of it traveling through the city rather than around it. I've been 4 car lengths away from lightening striking at my old apartment (horrible monsoon season around 2002-2003). Not something I ever want to experience again. I miss the sound of thunder, but lightening, not so much.

    Also, every time I read the topic title, I hear Toto in my head.

    Post edited by Vaskania on
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,190
    edited December 1969

    Elowan said:
    dhtapp said:
    Elowan said:
    Believe ir or not we occasionally get floods here in Arizona

    Yup. Flash flood warning effective in downtown Phoenix today.

    Of course, half the side streets in this area don't even have gutters, so it wouldn't take much to set off unpleasant surface backwashes. So far, holding out fine, though.

    I'm singing in the rain (indoors of course). :)


    You've got rain indoors? Can I interest you in a new roof?
    :-)

  • mrposermrposer Posts: 775
    edited December 1969

    The heavy rains were actually tears from heaven because everybody knows God is a Texas Longhorns fan.

  • ElowanElowan Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

    robkelk said:
    Elowan said:
    dhtapp said:
    Elowan said:
    Believe ir or not we occasionally get floods here in Arizona

    Yup. Flash flood warning effective in downtown Phoenix today.

    Of course, half the side streets in this area don't even have gutters, so it wouldn't take much to set off unpleasant surface backwashes. So far, holding out fine, though.

    I'm singing in the rain (indoors of course). :)


    You've got rain indoors? Can I interest you in a new roof?
    :-)

    SAT. Meant that I'm looking out at the rain. More omega3 plz!

Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel