I got it because of a tree Complaint Thread

1161719212250

Comments

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 9,904
    edited December 1969

    tjohn said:
    Playing with Zev0's Growing Up For G2F.
    I added 5 “out of the box” Gias and added a preset to each one. Then I tried to imagine what the character would be like at each age, adding appropriate hair, clothing and makeup to each, but making no other changes.

    Yeah, I realize some of them are floating a bit, but this was just a test of the product. :)

    hehe instant family :)

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 9,904
    edited December 1969
  • MistyMistMistyMist Posts: 15,579
    edited December 1969

    oh mannn utoob took down the mark.ruffalo/craig.ferguson clip, was looking forward to my nightcap laugh and now it's gone.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 16,167
    edited December 1969

    Zev0 said:
    KK did you get my email?

    ...yes.

  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,457
    edited December 1969

    Been having fun in Bryce Lately..

    Washed-up.jpg
    768 x 768 - 495K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 16,167
    edited December 1969

    Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Sisca said:
    Hmm...I have a feeling some peoples content budgets are going to take a hit today (KK) - http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions.


    ...yep. At least I have the PC Coupon for the G2 Morphs Pack, that will save at least 6$.


    If another 5$ coupon is offered (hint hint), that will help with this and one other thing I need to get started.


    Guess I could also wait until the mid month judging is complete for the PC August Challenge but that would be cutting things close. Though competition is pretty stiff. even a 10$ GC would be a big help.

    If you enter the Freebe Challenge and get a Accepted render it's worth a $5 GC just saying...

    ...I thought about it, but rolled back my FF so that some of my plugins worked again and lost my entire Download history.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 16,167
    edited December 1969

    ps1borg said:

    ...driving lesson # 17. Never, never tailgate a truck carrying propane canisters.

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 7,449
    edited December 1969

    oh mannn utoob took down the mark.ruffalo/craig.ferguson clip, was looking forward to my nightcap laugh and now it's gone.

    There seem to be plenty of other videos from his show, and all the ones I've watched are funny.

    Dana

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 16,167
    edited August 2013

    ...crikey, this is getting really annoying. Now something in the PM notices is buggered.

    When I came home this evening and signed in there was notice of a new PM, however, when I opened it I discovered it was one that was sent earlier today which I not only read but responded to as well. I signed out, signed back in and it still shows that it is unread.

    It's really a pain in the bum as I have to keep checking every so often to make sure there isn't a new PM.

    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I thought about it, but rolled back my FF so that some of my plugins worked again and lost my entire Download history.
    OUCH!!

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 7,449
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Sisca said:
    Hmm...I have a feeling some peoples content budgets are going to take a hit today (KK) - http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions.


    ...yep. At least I have the PC Coupon for the G2 Morphs Pack, that will save at least 6$.


    If another 5$ coupon is offered (hint hint), that will help with this and one other thing I need to get started.


    Guess I could also wait until the mid month judging is complete for the PC August Challenge but that would be cutting things close. Though competition is pretty stiff. even a 10$ GC would be a big help.

    If you enter the Freebe Challenge and get a Accepted render it's worth a $5 GC just saying...

    ...I thought about it, but rolled back my FF so that some of my plugins worked again and lost my entire Download history.

    Are you saying that the only way you know where you got a freebie is by looking at your download history in FF?

    Dana

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 16,167
    edited August 2013

    ...it's the quickest way. I hit a lot of sites that have free content, not just ShareCG and Rendo. For the Freebie challenge, you need to provide working links to all the freebies used in your submission. The DL History is a big help as I can just right click on the particular DL listing and that provides the link which I can then copy without having to manually go back to all the different sites I downloaded from.

    When you're talking a minimum requirement of ten freebies (and the more you have the better you score) it saves a tonne of time.

    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 16,167
    edited August 2013

    ...bugger, not only has the V4 to G2F clone disappeared from the store, but the G2F Morphs bundle is no longer 51% off.


    ...somedays you just can't win for losing.


    Welcome to my curse.

    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 7,449
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...it's the quickest way. I hit a lot of sites that have free content, not just ShareCG and Rendo. For the Freebie challenge, you need to provide working links to all the freebies used in your submission. The DL History is a big help as I can just right click on the particular DL listing and that provides the link which I can then copy without having to manually go back to all the different sites I downloaded from.

    When you're talking a minimum requirement of ten freebies (and the more you have the better you score) it saves a tonne of time.

    I have a method that works, and I share it in a brief tutorial on my site. Maybe I'm a bit obsessive. But I've been able to help people find a lot of links in there, quickly, by using my method. And you have to go back anyway, to confirm that the links are working. But if you have saved the link, like I do, then that's easy.

    It's a special theme this month, I hope you do try to enter. It's in honor of BWSman, who passed away recently.

    Dana

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 16,167
    edited December 1969

    ...I actually use my Downloads history as my record. When I do periodic cleaning of cookies & such I make sure to uncheck the box for this.

    To check to see if the link is good I'd just click on the entry and if the Download dialogue came up that means the link was still good.


    On my old system I had three years of DL history before the old HD went bad.

  • VaskaniaVaskania Posts: 5,113
    edited December 1969

    If you keep the zips, a lot of freebies tend to have readmes, or you can google the name of the product and creator if you know that which should turn something up.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 16,167
    edited December 1969

    ...yeah, that works as a backup. Just that i have to search through several folders to find everything the way my archives are organised. One submission I made a while back had something like 33 freebies in it and that would have taken a very long time having to search for and go to each website manually to verify the link.was still active or wasn't moved to another site.

    ...and some readmes are terribly incomplete or not even included.

    I found it was just so much simpler using the DL history, especially to test that the link was still valid, then copy/paste it into the submission post.

    As you may have seen, many of my scenes tend to be fairly involved with a lot of little things going on to give the setting a more 'lived in" look. The one for the RRRR challenge back in April had over 160 separate items in it to create the look of an absent minded eccentric scientist's lab.

  • VaskaniaVaskania Posts: 5,113
    edited December 1969

    Yep, I've definitely seen those. lol You might just have to start cataloging them some other way as a backup method so you don't have to rely on a download history (temp/cache files can take up a fair bit of space if you collect enough). Maybe create your own simple text file with the same name as the zip with the address in it.

  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 1,493
    edited August 2013

    Change it to DS took away the manual files and is forcing me to use DIM complaint thread....

    Post edited by Bobvan on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 19,963
    edited December 1969

    Bobvan said:
    Change it to DS took away the manual files and is forcing me to use DIM complaint thread....

    For the beta, at least for now.

  • SiscaSisca Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...bugger, not only has the V4 to G2F clone disappeared from the store, but the G2F Morphs bundle is no longer 51% off.


    ...somedays you just can't win for losing.


    Welcome to my curse.

    Can't help you with the morphs bundle, though it is still 30% off for PC and there was a new 5/25 coupon that went out last night.

    V4 for G2F clone is still in the store though - http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 9,904
    edited December 1969

    Rareth said:
    Been having fun in Bryce Lately..

    Hey great :)

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 9,904
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...bugger, not only has the V4 to G2F clone disappeared from the store, but the G2F Morphs bundle is no longer 51% off.


    ...somedays you just can't win for losing.


    Welcome to my curse.

    This one? http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,769
    edited December 1969

    tjohn said:
    And what, exactly, would be wrong with looking like a squirrel? :-/

    It would get you chased out of my kitchen and you'd miss my tasty cooking.

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 9,904
    edited December 1969

    On fire drop. Playing with fluid dynamics so is a LW render :)

    FF.jpg
    1500 x 628 - 48K
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,457
    edited December 1969

    Nice
    love the glow effect

  • MistyMistMistyMist Posts: 15,579
    edited December 1969

    my virtual bf won't make coffee for me. he says he'll put the pot on but then nothing happens. what does a girl have to do for a cup o cawffee

    day old croissants for breakfast :)

    croissant, is french for crescent?

    no milk to make pancakes, feh

  • ElowanElowan Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

    tjohn said:
    ...

    One last complaint. Why do the stores always put the products made to help with back pain on the freaking bottom shelf?! >:-(

    It's a test to insure that you really qualify for the purchase.:P

  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

    MMrmph.. Saturday. Coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and lots of it! :blank:

    Had a hell of a good time last night and didn't spend all my money, wow! Amazing.. (evil grin)

    Today - stay home and render all day! More fun w/ volumetrics, fog, and the glow shaders. DS isn't Lightwave but it's pretty amazing what it'll do. :cheese:

    Lunch time.. I think a chipotle cheese quesidilla! :coolsmile: Yummy!

    Now, where to start? Oh yeah.. rescan for the new content.. :blank:

    *edit* Finally getting somewhere! I needed to RTFM on the atmospheric camera, now I'm seeing volumes! :coolsmile:

    Amazing what reading the directions can do... :blank:

    Post edited by Woolyloach on
  • MistyMistMistyMist Posts: 15,579
    edited December 1969

    DanaTA said:
    oh mannn utoob took down the mark.ruffalo/craig.ferguson clip, was looking forward to my nightcap laugh and now it's gone.

    There seem to be plenty of other videos from his show, and all the ones I've watched are funny.

    Dana


    he does a brilliant Bowie impersonation, didna he? :) didya see the leaky roof episode?

    wish i knew how to type with a Scottish brogue :lol:

This discussion has been closed.
Rocket Fuel