Mec4d's Beards and Bodyhair are here! Hurray!

ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I've been waiting for these, thank you Catharina and DAZ!:-) And at a great price!


Unshaven Beard for Genesis. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/unshaven-beard-for-genesis/
Unshaven Body Hair for Genesis. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/unshaven-body-hair-for-genesis/
Unshaven Bundle for Genesis. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/unshaven-bundle-for-genesis/


I do believe it's Dwarf time.......


Coldrake

«13456

Comments

  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 1,531
    edited June 2012

    Well ... on the one hand, I love this product with a love that is true. Really and truly. (Especially the "Groom Room". Perfect name.)


    On the other hand, I've run into a couple of issues, so maybe there's something that I'm doing wrong.


    The morphs for Treasure_Shorter and Pubic_Shorter don't seem to work the way they're supposed to, or maybe I misunderstand what the slider is supposed to do. I would have thought that as you moved the slider to the right, the hair would get shorter, but instead, it gets longer.


    The other issue is that the Public Hair kind of desperately needs either to be a separate piece or at least a separate material zone that can be made invisible. As part of one piece with the Torso Hair, and not defined separately, if you want to do a shirtless render, as opposed to a fully nude render, the results can be ... unfortunate. (I had posted an image of the clothing pokethrough, but I'm really not sure if that would have been allowed under the old TOS, let alone the new one, so I removed it. Let's just say, there's a whole lotta pokethrough going on.)


    If there's a way to work with it that I'm missing, please let me know. Otherwise, I've got guys that will be wearing a lot of kilts this year. (...OK, they'd be wearing a lot of kilts anyway. But still.)

    Post edited by vwrangler on
  • edited June 2012

    Ouch! Yes, fibermesh bodyhair definitely needs material zones.

    If this is right forum for requests, will there be any fibermesh eyebrows coming? I am in love with Joequick's one-off brows on ShareCG, but it would be wonderful to have a dozen or so eyebrow sets to choose from.

    [Edit] Sorry, here's the link: http://www.sharecg.com/v/62327/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Free-Genesis-Fibermesh-Eyebrows . I'm not sure who's going to win the upcoming Hair Wars -- LAMH or fibermesh -- but I think that fibermesh is definitely the way to go for eyebrows.

    Post edited by AndYourLittleDogToo on
  • thebertthebert Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

    It show M5 but will the production work with Vicky 5. Just for some fun, little hair on the upper lip of old lady or unshaved arm hair for the ethnicity image or period image. It would be nice

    Thanks

  • KhoryKhory Posts: 2,567
    edited December 1969

    Don't have the product yet so not sure if this would be really work intensive.. But there is a way to add new material areas in studio pro. I've done it with several set pieces and a couple of pieces of clothing.

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 5,548
    edited December 1969

    Sounds like some D-Forms might get it squished down flat enough IF the material zone idea doesn't pan out. Also on the shorter / longer dial. If it's not getting shorter then just open up that dials properties and set the negative value higher to give you more control. Might be a reason why Cath limited that though. I'm at work so no way of testing right now...

  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 1,531
    edited December 1969

    Khory said:
    Don't have the product yet so not sure if this would be really work intensive.. But there is a way to add new material areas in studio pro. I've done it with several set pieces and a couple of pieces of clothing.

    I'd forgotten there was a way to do that, and it's even documented! Wound up taking a whole five minutes from start to finish, since all I needed was for it to be a separate area with its own name and surfaces. Then I saved it out as a separate DSF Support/Prop file with a different name. (If you don't set a default color, the new surface group is pure white, which is actually kind of convenient.)


    The length thing turns out to be this weird interaction issue. If you lengthen the other torso hair, then the _Shorter morphs do exactly what you expect. If you haven't lengthened the hair, it doesn't seem to quite know what you need.

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 2,718
    edited June 2012

    I guys , I don't know if this setup was altered or not but seems like it was as the legs hair looks little different from the last beta version as it was the first version , I don't have the final product as it was finished by DAZ , however the chest hair should go off if you slide the morph , for example shortening the pubic hair , treasure trail and chest , each shortening is individual they does not works together , so if you going to eliminate the pubic or make it just shorter slide the morph on , there should be longer-shorter .. and not just longer , in case it make only longer look for the limits and set it to -100% to make it invisible , if you use DSPro just select the polygon editor and with lasso select the hair you like to be vanish then right lick and hide selected polygons .. you can ad material also this way but different clothing request different material zone , so making it invisible is much more flexible , that why I did not made material zones as many clothing and underwear have different position and it will never works perfect with all clothing , the editing is just 2 min and simple .
    The chest-treasure and pubic are fiber that is flexible with the body , the beard - arms -legs are hand made individual geometries and not fiber but simulate the hair grow by sliding the sliders in groom room . And works mostly with all shapes and not only M5
    and to let you know , I was just creator of this geometries and setup in request for DAZ that finalized this as a product .

    It is really cool with more that 31 unique styles for the beards and really worthed for the price especially as it is now on sale .

    if anything let me know

    Cath

    ----------------------
    http://youtu.be/M9cZ6Z486F4 <<< look how the set works in DS

    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • MikeyFTLMikeyFTL Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

    If the bundle is originally priced at $39.95, wouldn't the 50% discount till 6/29 be $19.98...not $27.97? Or am I missing something?

  • BiakoBiako Posts: 309
    edited December 1969

    Are you kidding me? This was ACTUALLY RELEASED??!!!?! :O

    Wow, am I gonna have to eat my words...

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 2,718
    edited December 1969

    Yea that was a long time but I guess the all changes in the site and store delayed everything .


    Are you kidding me? This was ACTUALLY RELEASED??!!!?! :O

    Wow, am I gonna have to eat my words...

  • MikeyFTLMikeyFTL Posts: 292
    edited June 2012

    MikeyFTL said:
    If the bundle is originally priced at $39.95, wouldn't the 50% discount till 6/29 be $19.98...not $27.97? Or am I missing something?

    Disregard...I see it's the Platinum Club that gets the 50% off. I shouldn't nit-pick over $8 anyhoo. This is well worth it.

    Let see some renders. We'll have to start another M5 render thread as well.

    Great job Cath!

    Post edited by MikeyFTL on
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 2,718
    edited June 2012

    THANK YOU

    even for the $24 it is still good , over 31 beards that can be mixed to over 45 styles ,you can't get anything like that for the price anywhere
    plus it was done manually so a lot of work and not just 5 min script as others around , I did expected the price to be higher to tell you the truth .

    MikeyFTL said:
    MikeyFTL said:
    If the bundle is originally priced at $39.95, wouldn't the 50% discount till 6/29 be $19.98...not $27.97? Or am I missing something?

    Disregard...I see it's the Platinum Club that gets the 50% off. I shouldn't nit-pick over $8 anyhoo. This is well worth it.

    Great job Cath!

    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 2,670
    edited December 1969

    Mec4D said:
    I guys , I don't know if this setup was altered or not but seems like it was as the legs hair looks little different from the last beta version as it was the first version , I don't have the final product as it was finished by DAZ , however the chest hair should go off if you slide the morph , for example shortening the pubic hair , treasure trail and chest , each shortening is individual they does not works together , so if you going to eliminate the pubic or make it just shorter slide the morph on , there should be longer-shorter .. and not just longer , in case it make only longer look for the limits and set it to -100% to make it invisible , if you use DSPro just select the polygon editor and with lasso select the hair you like to be vanish then right lick and hide selected polygons .. you can ad material also this way but different clothing request different material zone , so making it invisible is much more flexible , that why I did not made material zones as many clothing and underwear have different position and it will never works perfect with all clothing , the editing is just 2 min and simple .
    The chest-treasure and pubic are fiber that is flexible with the body , the beard - arms -legs are hand made individual geometries and not fiber but simulate the hair grow by sliding the sliders in groom room . And works mostly with all shapes and not only M5
    and to let you know , I was just creator of this geometries and setup in request for DAZ that finalized this as a product .

    It is really cool with more that 31 unique styles for the beards and really worthed for the price especially as it is now on sale .

    if anything let me know

    Cath

    ----------------------
    http://youtu.be/M9cZ6Z486F4 <<< look how the set works in DS


    I wasnt sure if this was even the same product.
    The renders in the thread in the old forum looked so good. The product shots on this kinda didnt sell it as well.
    But now that I know it is the same...I at least know it has the potential that was shown in the old thread...so it goes right in the cart.

    Thanx

    Rawn

  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 1,531
    edited December 1969

    Mec4D said:
    THANK YOU

    even for the $24 it is still good , over 31 beards that can be mixed to over 45 styles ,you can't get anything like that for the price anywhere
    plus it was done manually so a lot of work and not just 5 min script as others around , I did expected the price to be higher to tell you the truth .


    Even without the rest of it, the beards alone are AWESOME!

  • patience55patience55 Posts: 6,194
    edited December 1969

    Thank you ... downloading now :-)

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 2,718
    edited June 2012

    Rawn thanks, the new previews was not rendered by me but by DAZ , I was surprised to see them in place of the others I made
    and kinda I am with you on that it looks more plain and all like the same . But sadly it is not me who decide what show up in the product
    I don't have copy of this product so can't say what was change , beside the stubble remover additional morph not made by me

    RawArt said:
    Mec4D said:
    I guys , I don't know if this setup was altered or not but seems like it was as the legs hair looks little different from the last beta version as it was the first version , I don't have the final product as it was finished by DAZ , however the chest hair should go off if you slide the morph , for example shortening the pubic hair , treasure trail and chest , each shortening is individual they does not works together , so if you going to eliminate the pubic or make it just shorter slide the morph on , there should be longer-shorter .. and not just longer , in case it make only longer look for the limits and set it to -100% to make it invisible , if you use DSPro just select the polygon editor and with lasso select the hair you like to be vanish then right lick and hide selected polygons .. you can ad material also this way but different clothing request different material zone , so making it invisible is much more flexible , that why I did not made material zones as many clothing and underwear have different position and it will never works perfect with all clothing , the editing is just 2 min and simple .
    The chest-treasure and pubic are fiber that is flexible with the body , the beard - arms -legs are hand made individual geometries and not fiber but simulate the hair grow by sliding the sliders in groom room . And works mostly with all shapes and not only M5
    and to let you know , I was just creator of this geometries and setup in request for DAZ that finalized this as a product .

    It is really cool with more that 31 unique styles for the beards and really worthed for the price especially as it is now on sale .

    if anything let me know

    Cath

    ----------------------
    http://youtu.be/M9cZ6Z486F4 <<< look how the set works in DS


    I wasnt sure if this was even the same product.
    The renders in the thread in the old forum looked so good. The product shots on this kinda didnt sell it as well.
    But now that I know it is the same...I at least know it has the potential that was shown in the old thread...so it goes right in the cart.

    Thanx

    Rawn

    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • edited December 1969

    Oh my...ITS HERE!!!

    And dl'ing as we speak (type?) I missed seeing the old thread (was MIA from health problems), so after downloading joequick's eyebrows and beard (render at DA, button in sig), I went and looked it up.....BOINGBOINGBOING!!! OMG, this I HAD to have! But considering that state of things around here, I thought it would be in a whole new level of Daz Soon :) So, I'm very happy (for a change, heh heh)...after Daz finally got to straightening out Suspersuit pricing issues, and refunding California sales tax, I had a nice store credit, which makes for guilt free shopping!! Okay, off to play!

  • Eric WaltersEric Walters Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Cath
    Glad to see it out! Yes-your promo renders were MUCH more impressive! Oh well....

    Mec4D said:
    Rawn thanks, the new previews was not rendered by me but by DAZ , I was surprised to see them in place of the others I made
    and kinda I am with you on that it looks more plain and all like the same . But sadly it is not me who decide what show up in the product
    I don't have copy of this product so can't say what was change , beside the stubble remover additional morph not made by me

    RawArt said:
    Mec4D said:
    I guys , I don't know if this setup was altered or not but seems like it was as the legs hair looks little different from the last beta version as it was the first version , I don't have the final product as it was finished by DAZ , however the chest hair should go off if you slide the morph , for example shortening the pubic hair , treasure trail and chest , each shortening is individual they does not works together , so if you going to eliminate the pubic or make it just shorter slide the morph on , there should be longer-shorter .. and not just longer , in case it make only longer look for the limits and set it to -100% to make it invisible , if you use DSPro just select the polygon editor and with lasso select the hair you like to be vanish then right lick and hide selected polygons .. you can ad material also this way but different clothing request different material zone , so making it invisible is much more flexible , that why I did not made material zones as many clothing and underwear have different position and it will never works perfect with all clothing , the editing is just 2 min and simple .
    The chest-treasure and pubic are fiber that is flexible with the body , the beard - arms -legs are hand made individual geometries and not fiber but simulate the hair grow by sliding the sliders in groom room . And works mostly with all shapes and not only M5
    and to let you know , I was just creator of this geometries and setup in request for DAZ that finalized this as a product .

    It is really cool with more that 31 unique styles for the beards and really worthed for the price especially as it is now on sale .

    if anything let me know

    Cath

    ----------------------
    http://youtu.be/M9cZ6Z486F4 <<< look how the set works in DS


    I wasnt sure if this was even the same product.
    The renders in the thread in the old forum looked so good. The product shots on this kinda didnt sell it as well.
    But now that I know it is the same...I at least know it has the potential that was shown in the old thread...so it goes right in the cart.

    Thanx

    Rawn

  • edited June 2012

    Quick Reality render of the beard and chest hair on M5. Only ran for a half hour. Love these already.

    reality_scene66.png
    500 x 707 - 475K
    Post edited by shadowstar_wd_c3900d4b29 on
  • Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,083
    edited June 2012

    Cool. Thanks for the render sample. I was not certain the beard would work with M5 Hair too. Since all the store shots show him with a saved head. Nice.

    Post edited by Dream Cutter on
  • gero_1478aba0a9gero_1478aba0a9 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Anybody know what face morph/texture set this is? It doesn't look like the base M5 head.

    Cheers

    _product-page_unshaven_bundle_.jpg
    350 x 455 - 41K
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 2,718
    edited December 1969

    Nice render , the beard will works with all hair as the sideburns will nicely poke the hair prop and extend it , that why I made also the sideburns style to use with hair props, one thing you have to do just change the color diffuse that match the color of the hair prop and that is , also to get more shine just extend the smooth angle to 180 , for coarse minder shiny look change the smooth angle under the material to 90 or bellow . You can also use the material from ubersurface and use translucent color for more dynamic look , for example use diffuse color dark brown and for the translucent very light brown . The hair in general should be much darker that the translucent , I hope to see more cool renders .

    Cool. Thanks for the render sample. I was not certain the beard would work with M5 Hair too. Since all the store shots show him with a saved head. Nice.

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 2,718
    edited December 1969

    looks like the standard M5 morph and textures mixed with the other bad guy head morph from M5

    Bigjobbie said:

    Anybody know what face morph/texture set this is? It doesn't look like the base M5 head.

    Cheers

  • gero_1478aba0a9gero_1478aba0a9 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    "looks like the standard M5 morph and textures mixed with the other bad guy head morph from M5 "

    Thanks - will search out pix of his morphs to confirm.

  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

    Had to do something slightly different with the hair. :D

    Genesis with some BugBear, Troll, Ogre and a few other dials twisted...
    RawArt's Medolian
    Luthbel's Way of the Samurai

    Ogre Magi (right-clicky, open in new tab/window to maky biggy)

    omagi_02_zpw.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 625K
    Post edited by adamr001 on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 6,194
    edited December 1969

    adamr001 said:
    ...

    Ogre Magi (right-clicky, open in new tab/window to maky biggy)

    Right-clicky gets image stuff; no open in new tab/window ... people have been posting the larger images elsewhere and posting the link(s) here.

  • jaebeajaebea Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

    Cath, will you be doing an addon for M4?

  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

    adamr001 said:
    ...

    Ogre Magi (right-clicky, open in new tab/window to maky biggy)

    Right-clicky gets image stuff; no open in new tab/window ... people have been posting the larger images elsewhere and posting the link(s) here.

    You must be using IE. Chrome, Firefox and Safari all have the option to Open Image in New Tab. ^_^


    You can also view it on my dA page here.

    Post edited by adamr001 on
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 2,718
    edited December 1969

    No I am sorry but I would not , this type of product have to be created for one shape , genesis allow you to change the shapes and automatic change the shape of the beard but Poser can't do it , so if I create it for M4 any change in the face you do will made it not looking right as the hair will stand out , it would works only if you use the standard head shape what make it not versatile and because it cost a lot of time to do I just skip it . It is different with the scalp hair but body and facial hair will just not working the same way as in DS4 .


    Cath

    jaebea said:
    Cath, will you be doing an addon for M4?

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 2,718
    edited December 1969

    that is first creature I see with the beard .. very cool
    and you are right chrome right click will open the image in new tab at full size

    Cath

    adamr001 said:
    Had to do something slightly different with the hair. :D

    Genesis with some BugBear, Troll, Ogre and a few other dials twisted...
    RawArt's Medolian
    Luthbel's Way of the Samurai

    Ogre Magi (right-clicky, open in new tab/window to maky biggy)

Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel