WIP thread New Users Contest - May 2013

1234568»

Comments

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Gedd I will have others look but to me I think your image is Fine. It is not as In your face as the above mentioned image. That type of image is Allowed I do believe.

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Gedd we have decided as a Team that your image Hot Summer Night is not in anyway beyond the Daz3D TOS on Nudity.

    Please post your Image and I wish you luck in the contest.

  • GeddGedd Posts: 2,473
    edited May 2013

    Thanks, It wasn't an entry. (I already had people complaining about my entry almost a year ago when I was new for the pose contest.) This was just meant to be an 'interest' piece.

    Post edited by Gedd on
  • NedKellyNedKelly Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

    Jaderail said:
    Ned we on the Mod team have removed the posted image. At this time G-string type undies are not allowed by the TOS. If you use a Swimsuit or other bottom covering type of garment you will be fine. It's a very good render and Idea. I hope to see it back soon.

    No worries Jaderail. I never even gave it a thought to be honest and I do apologise for not reading the TOS more closely. I have to say I'm a little surprised though, you can see butt cheeks in PG rated TV and films.

    Anyhoo, here is a modified version of the original (for context) and the latest edit. I found out why I was having such a hard time making any progress with this. The room was a preset scene and there was a distant light in the setup that was causing my pain.

    @ EvilProducer, I used your tip about setting a light eminating from the mirror but went with point lights rather than spots for no other reason than I could work back far enough to see what I was doing yet still be in the room whereas spots aren't so easy to position in that situation.

    deciding-remix.jpg
    1024 x 683 - 425K
    deciding0.jpg
    1024 x 683 - 417K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    nedkelly said:
    No worries Jaderail. I never even gave it a thought to be honest and I do apologise for not reading the TOS more closely. I have to say I'm a little surprised though, you can see butt cheeks in PG rated TV and films.
    Ah yes true, but Daz3D is a G rated site. As in we try to stay Family safe if we can. We have no way to tell if Mom and Dad gave a okay to watch a PG channel. :cheese:

  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 7,700
    edited December 1969

    nedkelly said:
    Jaderail said:
    Ned we on the Mod team have removed the posted image. At this time G-string type undies are not allowed by the TOS. If you use a Swimsuit or other bottom covering type of garment you will be fine. It's a very good render and Idea. I hope to see it back soon.

    No worries Jaderail. I never even gave it a thought to be honest and I do apologise for not reading the TOS more closely. I have to say I'm a little surprised though, you can see butt cheeks in PG rated TV and films.

    Anyhoo, here is a modified version of the original (for context) and the latest edit. I found out why I was having such a hard time making any progress with this. The room was a preset scene and there was a distant light in the setup that was causing my pain.

    @ EvilProducer, I used your tip about setting a light eminating from the mirror but went with point lights rather than spots for no other reason than I could work back far enough to see what I was doing yet still be in the room whereas spots aren't so easy to position in that situation.


    Not a problem. Whatever light works best for your situation. Looks good so far.

  • Ilena52Ilena52 Posts: 0
    edited May 2013

    So far...

    gt.png
    640 x 480 - 352K
    Post edited by Ilena52 on
  • GeddGedd Posts: 2,473
    edited December 1969

    Very nice, it's come a long way. Consider bringing the face tone closer to the body? I think the highlight on the face is a good idea but perhaps a bit subtler... Just an idea...

  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 7,700
    edited December 1969

    Ilena52 said:
    So far...

    I like it! Great job!

  • Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited December 1969

    Here is how the image looks at 107 samples after I've added two area lights to the scene. Please tell me what you think. :)

    May_53__107_Sp_small.jpg
    800 x 450 - 152K
  • Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited December 1969

    With a bit of postwork (colour adjustment).

    May_53__107_small_mod3.jpg
    800 x 450 - 105K
  • Lady BreeLady Bree Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Getting this in here at the last minute but life, as usual, just keeps insisting I not work on these contest pieces throughout the month & forces them to be cranked out at the very last minute. I have tweaked and tweaked and combed over this, ran so many test renders that its embarrassing but I wanted to post it up and see if anyone had any input before I posted it up as a finished piece. I understand the nudity rules but I always worry that suggestive material might get me dinged so if I need to clean it up, please let me know. My piece is as follows:

    Evil is as Evil does

    D|S 4.5 Pro ~ 3Delight Rendered ~ No Postwork

    Items used:
    V4: (Vex/Sabby's Sherry, Kaleya's Mystaria & Lilah)
    Woodland Dream Hair, DMR Totem Tales, Black Kitty, Kaleya's Webs for Black Kitty (Freebie), DMR Lynette's Dark Nights) ~
    Luthbel's Night World Fallen ~ Dagon for Fallen ~ Fog Tool Deluxe III ~ DMR Lynette's Dark Rites ~ Jepe's ElementZ II ~
    Jepe's GraphicZ II ~ Jepe's PlateZ II ~ (In case anyone is interested in any of the items)

    EIAED.jpg
    565 x 800 - 271K
  • GeddGedd Posts: 2,473
    edited May 2013

    Some nice lighting Lady Bree. Only thing I can see of the top is perhaps play with the candle texture, bump it up to AoA or Ubersurface and add some SSS (if you cared to.) But the image is very nice as it is :)

    Oh, and if you wanted to try different settings for the Demon skin, same trick as the candle, or just try changing the base 'Lighting Model' in the surfaces tab for the skin (of the Demon) to see what the different settings give you. You may already know that and it might be how you want it. I'm just throwing that out in case you haven't played with those before.

    I really like changing the base Lighting Model to something other then plastic on a lot of surfaces as it can be a quick fix to how the surface reacts to light and thus give me much more control over how the various objects look in the scene. If that doesn't do it, I then jump up to a different shader and play with the settings, but that isn't necessary as often as one might think.

    Good luck in the contest, it looks like a strong contender to me.

    :)

    Post edited by Gedd on
  • Lady BreeLady Bree Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Gedd said:
    Some nice lighting Lady Bree. Only thing I can see of the top is perhaps play with the candle texture, bump it up to AoA or Ubersurface and add some SSS (if you cared to.) But the image is very nice as it is :)

    Oh, and if you wanted to try different settings for the Demon skin, same trick as the candle, or just try changing the base 'Lighting Model' in the surfaces tab for the skin (of the Demon) to see what the different settings give you. You may already know that and it might be how you want it. I'm just throwing that out in case you haven't played with those before.

    I really like changing the base Lighting Model to something other then plastic on a lot of surfaces as it can be a quick fix to how the surface reacts to light and thus give me much more control over how the various objects look in the scene. If that doesn't do it, I then jump up to a different shader and play with the settings, but that isn't necessary as often as one might think.

    Good luck in the contest, it looks like a strong contender to me.

    :)

    Thank you very much, Gedd. I did not know about the tricks with the candle (still learning that stuff) but I will definitely give it a try! I went into the settings for the demon and this texture set goes on set as skin; I like to change them as well but sometimes forget. I chose it because it has those glyphs on it but, I will fiddle with those settings that you recommended for the candle and see what I can come up with. Also, thank you for the compliments. =)

  • GeddGedd Posts: 2,473
    edited May 2013

    Don't just put skin on because it's skin btw... try things like Metallic, Shiny Metallic, etc.. The basic idea is that these shape how the surfaces react to things like reflection and specularity, so what we are really doing is fine tuning that for a given surface. It may be that Metallic gives you the result you are looking for for something that isn't metallic. etc... I'm just using Metallic as an example. I often use skin on wood or cloth if the wood or cloth is more raw rather then with a shiny finish, as in the wood in this scene. (See image just before it to see the 'before.')

    Post edited by Gedd on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 9,615
    edited May 2013

    I'm really enjoying reading the thread- the links at the beginning and the explanations throughout will help folks long after the contest is over. Thought I'd share what I started with, and worked up to.

    I have to say regarding spotlights- targeting exactly what you want takes practice, and hopefully folks remember to use dark colors too. (I thought of spotlights as light colored.)

    Anyway, I posted the final render over in the contest thread, but here's what I worked up from. Point lights and spotlights and one distant light (all with different colors) brought it along. Thanks for all that you do, sharing information- you probably have many other lurkers!

    Shown here is the scene before the additional lighting.
    EDIT: In the final image, what took me the longest was getting the lit gleam in her eye. I wanted to draw attention to the eyes and that little spark of light took forever to manipulate without lighting other areas. A very teeny spotlight!

    rileycannon6.jpg
    1356 x 1084 - 331K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • SNova332SNova332 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    I thought I would add mine into this

    Sexy_Male.jpg
    618 x 347 - 58K
  • Lady BreeLady Bree Posts: 0
    edited May 2013

    Here is my Evil is as Evil does with some changes made. The texture changes to the candle - I wasnt exactly sure what AoA was (I assumed it was a product of the PA and if so I don't have it yet) so I went with Uber Surface then went into my settings that 4.5 Pro has and turned on Subsurface and changed some coloring from there to get the candle color I wanted to give it what I thought was a hint of realism.

    I also went in and did some major tweaking around with Fallen & the Dagon skin textures. I did not have the Subsurface option available in any of his that I could find. I did not use Uber Surface because that changed the texture and Dagon is what puts those glowy runes on him (or in cases where light hits him - non-glowy runes) and I did not want to lose that feature of his from my scene. Unless I am missing some feature hidden in Studio 4.5, I do not have SSS because I have not upgraded to 4.6 yet. I actively use Reality 2.5.

    Lights used: 4 self made point lights for the 2 candles & 2 spell effects in my scene as well as 1 self made spot light attached to a camera and placed behind the stain glass window to serve as a "moon" shining onto it. I swapped the Mood LIghts for Core Lighting 1, light 2, with the intensity knocked way down to serve as my scene's interior lighting. Hopefully I am not sacrificing any dramatic effect with the changes made. If anyone has any input on my piece, I would love to hear it. Thank you =)

    Edited to finish a sentence cause ima dork & forgot to originally LOL

    EIAED.jpg
    565 x 800 - 284K
    Post edited by Lady Bree on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 8,782
    edited December 1969

    Today is the last day for submissions so get your renders added to the Contest Thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/21482/

  • GeddGedd Posts: 2,473
    edited May 2013

    Good luck everyone in the contest.

    Post edited by Gedd on
Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel