Wish I could do what I envision
So I have all of this cool content that I want to work with but yet I still get no where. I just can't get out of my head and onto the screen like I see it. And I know it takes time and practice ugh. But still.
So here is a scene I want to tackle - the Cyro Environment with CryoTubes from Stonemason. Really great set for me.
If I load everything as is, blank environment, and render it looks great from the default. The problem is when I add characters and effects.
The characters are too dark, too many shadows and you can't see them clearly. I really want to add some atmosphere to this.
So here's what I would like to accomplish:
1) Have the characters show clearly (probably need to lighten the set as a whole)
2) Have the glass on the tubes kind of a translucent glow (as if the machine is working or whatever) or light the inside of the tube. I've tried but can't do the effect in my head yet.
3) Add some kind of smoke or fog effect near the bottoms of the tubes or something like steam from the machine.
4) Fix the stupid color on the tubes I did - green and blue. They look over exposed. I really like the light flares or whatever it is called on the promos that Stonemason did but have no idea how to achieve that affect. Maybe it was done through post work?
5) Fix the figures. I know their feet aren't solidly on the floor. :)
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I'm just frustrated. I'm getting better at lighting single people but doing scenes as a whole has a lot to be desired.