DAZ Studio Pro BETA (220.127.116.11) Release Candidate!
DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next public version of the DAZ Studio Pro BETA - version 18.104.22.168!
What is a BETA?
Despite our best efforts, DAZ 3D cannot possibly test the software under all possible conditions. So, we are providing this version of the application to the general public in order to uncover problems that were not discovered during internal testing. We expect that there will still be problems and we hope that when users encounter any problems, they will report them to the Bug Tracker so that they can be validated, prioritized and fixed.
As with any software classified as being in the BETA phase of development, you should expect to encounter bugs. Any bugs you do encounter while using BETA software can vary in terms of severity, from minor features that do not work correctly to problems that cause your computer to crash. Before choosing to use BETA software for production purposes, you should decide whether the benefit of new features and bug fixes provided by the BETA version outweighs the risk of instability you may encounter.
What is a Release Candidate?
A Release Candidate is a BETA version that has the potential to replace the General Release if no significant new bugs emerge.
What is new in this version? Do I need to update my copy?
The 22.214.171.124 version resolves several issues and implements many improvements since the 126.96.36.199 General Release. More detail on specific fixes/changes/improvements can be found in the Change Log, which can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site. All new downloads of the DAZ Studio Pro BETA product (SKU: 12000) will be of this version.
Public BETA 2 - Release Candidate 1 (188.8.131.52) highlights are:
1) Additional work on OpenSubdiv support; handling of badly constructed geometry
2) Additional work on TriAx to TriAx support in AutoFit and Transfer Utility
3) Additional work on Geometry Shells; Subdivision, UVs and Materials
4) Additions/improvements to CCT tools/actions; Joint Editor, Polygon Group Editor
5) Fixed handling of default accelerators (keyboard shortcuts) on Mac
6) General stability and bug fixes
Public BETA 1 (184.108.40.206) highlights are:
1) Updated the embedded CMS client to Valentina 5; fixes several crashes, particularly on Mac.
2) Updated the 3Delight render engine to 10.0.125; see 3Delight Change Log for more details.
3) Added support for TriAx to TriAx AutoFit.
4) Added support for OpenSubdiv subdivision algorithms; Catmark, Bilinear, Loop; adds support for edge and/or vertex weights/creasing.
5) Added support for Ptex.
6) Added support for independent UV set selection on Geometry Shells.
7) Added support for Gamma Correction.
8) Added support for Surface Selection Sets.
9) Added the ability to Spot Render to a New Window.
10) Added support for Hierarchical Pose Presets.
11) Made improvements to various CCT tools/actions.
Has the Genesis Starter Essentials content been updated too?
No, the Genesis Starter Essentials content that is provided with the product has NOT been updated.
How do I get the latest version?
If you have previously added the DAZ Studio Pro BETA product to your account, simply locate it within the Product Library [once you are logged into your account] by entering "DAZ Studio Pro BETA" into the text field near the top left of the page and clicking the "Filter" button, or by clicking here. Then, simply click the "Download" button next to the file(s) you wish to download and install.
If this is your first time downloading DAZ Studio Pro BETA, simply follow this link, click the "Add to Cart" button on the page and then follow the checkout process.
Can I have the General Release and the BETA installed at the same time?
The simple answer is... Not within the same major version (4.x).
The more complicated answer is yes, but only if you are running a 64-bit operating system and you install the 32-bit version of one and the 64-bit version of the other.
What about the plugins I have?
The DAZ Studio 4.5 SDK has not changed in any way that is binary incompatible, which means that any plugins created for a previous version of DAZ Studio 4.5.x should continue to load and function. That said, as with any new release, there is always the possibility that a plugin has had bugs fixed or features added, so the latest versions should be downloaded and installed if they are provided.
Is there any documentation?
Yes, some documentation is located here.