Happy Father's Day From DAZ3D - Take 2

13»

Comments

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 19,332
    edited December 1969

    Cactuskim said:
    I assume that since it is for M5 which can only be used in DAZ it is DAZ only.

    The application is DAZ Studio, "DAZ Original" has nothing to do with which application the item works in but - as noted - with who the vendor is.

  • CactuskimCactuskim Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

    Cactuskim said:
    I tried to use my Father's day coupon today, and I keep getting a message that the coupon is invalid.

    ???

    I am trying to buy Ashley for M5. I can't find any indication if that is a "DAZ Original product". I assume that since it is for M5 which can only be used in DAZ it is DAZ only. Doing a search for "DAZ 3D" pretty much brings up the whole store, and the store no longer has the very useful feature of clicking on the vendor/artist name, and bringing up their store only (huge loss of function there btw).

    I tried to submit a help ticket, but that is not working either.

    Cactuskim

    On the product page, see where it says under
    Published Artist(s):


    ForbiddenWhispers
    JSGraphics
    Male-M3dia


    If it was a Daz original, that would say

    Daz3d


    This is where you will find non-PC Club ($1.99) Daz originals

    Starting about halfway down the page

    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/index/?dir=asc&limit=60&order=price&p=28&q=DAZ+3D&top_vendor=DAZ+3D&x=0&y=0

    Thank you Alisa, and also thank you for the link.

    Too bad they don't have the vendor store links anymore; I see from the link you gave me that someone had to wade through almost 1500 items in their search before it was finally narrowed down to just the DAZ original products. That sort of inefficient search/sorting on a web site is very discouraging for the user, and will probably cost DAZ a lot of sales over the long run.

    Cactuskim

  • CactuskimCactuskim Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

    Cactuskim said:
    I assume that since it is for M5 which can only be used in DAZ it is DAZ only.

    The application is DAZ Studio, "DAZ Original" has nothing to do with which application the item works in but - as noted - with who the vendor is.

    Thank you Richard, I will see if there is something from the DAZ Originals that I want instead.

    BTW, do you know if they will eventually restore the vendor stores links? If I see something I like, and want to look at everything else that one vendor has made, using the current search feature hits me with hundreds (sometime thousands) of unrelated hits because it brings up everyone who has credited or just used that word in their listing. It is frustrating and discouraging for anyone who is shopping, especially if they have limited time to do it in.

    Also they did away with links to accessories to items, which was a wonderful feature and its removal makes finding all the textures and expansion packs that go with an item difficult at best. The loss of functionality on the site as a whole by removing these two features is huge, and I hope that they will eventually be restored.

    Cactuskim

    PS... Making all of the promo pictures smaller was IMO a big mistake also. I know it saves a lot of space on the server, but it means that the customer (especially those who like to work big) can't really get a good look at any details or textures, and they pretty much have to buy on faith now... something I personally am not inclined to do, considering the cost involved.

  • woody2woody2 Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

    This seems to be a typical theme going on here lately you give us a coupon and when you go to use it you get a error Coupon code " FATH3RS-DAY-2012 " is not valid. so can't use it again. also my son gave me a gift cards and when I go to get that it gives me a balance of 0 what the F--- is going on with you guys do you not want anyone here anymore. I for one am getting really fead up with this web site. asume to because you had a good site that work and one could make sense with it. just to bad that someone there can't get this thing fixed so we don't have all this trouble. didn't anyone there go to the trouble of trying the new web page out befor you released it. what a mess.


    woody

  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,248
    edited December 1969

    woody2 said:
    This seems to be a typical theme going on here lately you give us a coupon and when you go to use it you get a error Coupon code " FATH3RS-DAY-2012 " is not valid. so can't use it again. also my son gave me a gift cards and when I go to get that it gives me a balance of 0 what the F--- is going on with you guys do you not want anyone here anymore. I for one am getting really fead up with this web site. asume to because you had a good site that work and one could make sense with it. just to bad that someone there can't get this thing fixed so we don't have all this trouble. didn't anyone there go to the trouble of trying the new web page out befor you released it. what a mess.


    woody

    Are you just wanting to scream and curse at Daz, or are you interested in having people help try and resolve this?


    There may be reasons for what you're finding that are user error issues: While there are a lot of things about the new site that are frustrating, it isn't that Daz doesn't want anyone here or has some great conspiracy to make it impossible for us to use coupons or gcs. I've added a gift card and used this coupon with no problems, so Not to say it's impossible that there's something else going on, but -


    Gift Card - did you actually go to MY ACCOUNT/GIFT CARD and enter in the gift card codes?


    Coupon - did you


    enter it in the right place (at checkout)?
    make sure there are no spaces before or after the code when you type it in?
    Use it on the correct item(s) - Daz originals that are not PC $1.99 items?

  • woody2woody2 Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

    Alisa Uh-Lisa
    thanks and I dont want to always harp at daz I just can't figure out how one could put out something that so many people have so much trouble with and not seem to get it fixed. for for that matter why put it up and not keep the old one till they had the bugs out of it. and yes I did put in the right code in the right place. I will call them tomorrow to see what is going on with the gift card.


    woody2

  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,248
    edited December 1969

    You're welcome - We're all feeling frustrated, and I am sure they are up to their eyeballs in alligators :)

    Good luck! Calling is one of the best ways to get things resolved if that's possible!

  • KeryaKerya Posts: 7,185
    edited December 1969

    foxylady said:
    Kerya,

    Did you ever get your question answered about adding two items to the cart to get to the $5.00?

    I didn't - but I just tried. As you now have the option to remove a coupon from the order (one thing that is better than before!) I figured I just try.
    For those worrying I bought something that in the V5ProBundle - I didn't get that (no money, saving for a new computer).

  • BC DreamSmithBC DreamSmith Posts: 2
    edited June 2012

    There really should be just one place to find items that the coupon is good for.
    A single link.

    edit

    Thank you for the coupon.

    edit
    The Wishlist page should be sort able as well so that you could see what items are around $5 would help too.

    Post edited by BC DreamSmith on
  • IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,271
    edited December 1969

    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/index/?dir=asc&limit=60&order=price&p=28&q=DAZ+3D&top_vendor=DAZ+3D&x=0&y=0

    Link will sort out DO and take you past the 1.99 items, just scroll down a little way. Thanks to Skiriki for sussing it out!! :)

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 19,332
    edited December 1969

    Cactuskim said:
    BTW, do you know if they will eventually restore the vendor stores links? If I see something I like, and want to look at everything else that one vendor has made, using the current search feature hits me with hundreds (sometime thousands) of unrelated hits because it brings up everyone who has credited or just used that word in their listing. It is frustrating and discouraging for anyone who is shopping, especially if they have limited time to do it in.

    I believe this is on the list of things to be added, and I hope the same is true for the accessories link which I found very useful.

  • foxyladyfoxylady Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Cactuskim said:
    BTW, do you know if they will eventually restore the vendor stores links? If I see something I like, and want to look at everything else that one vendor has made, using the current search feature hits me with hundreds (sometime thousands) of unrelated hits because it brings up everyone who has credited or just used that word in their listing. It is frustrating and discouraging for anyone who is shopping, especially if they have limited time to do it in.

    I believe this is on the list of things to be added, and I hope the same is true for the accessories link which I found very useful.


    I think the accessories link if a must. Especially if you were getting an older item and wanted to see what other packages were released for it. I think Daz was the only store that did that.

  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,738
    edited December 1969

    Cactuskim said:
    Too bad they don't have the vendor store links anymore; I see from the link you gave me that someone had to wade through almost 1500 items in their search before it was finally narrowed down to just the DAZ original products. That sort of inefficient search/sorting on a web site is very discouraging for the user, and will probably cost DAZ a lot of sales over the long run.

    I did not! :) No wading whatsoever done!

    I searched for "DAZ 3D", then clicked on the left side on "Published Artist: DAZ 3D" button!

    After math (Platinum Club items divided by 60 items per page, sorted from lowest to highest) I just set the page number and I was good to go!

    It took me two minutes, mostly 'cuz I was picking soda while my computer sent the search request.

  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,738
    edited December 1969

    woody2 said:
    Alisa Uh-Lisa
    thanks and I dont want to always harp at daz I just can't figure out how one could put out something that so many people have so much trouble with and not seem to get it fixed. for for that matter why put it up and not keep the old one till they had the bugs out of it. and yes I did put in the right code in the right place. I will call them tomorrow to see what is going on with the gift card.

    Your error message shows that there's a trailing space before AND behind it. Are you sure that you did not copy-paste it with it to the slot?

    ...Coupon code ” FATH3RS-DAY-2012 ” ...

    Coupon code ”FATH3RS-DAY-2012” -- see the difference? :)

    I did not have a problem with the coupon, it resolved prettily.

  • randym77randym77 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere, but I looked around and couldn't find it.

    You used to be able to use more than one coupon/voucher per order. The Father's Day coupon and the PC voucher, for example. Is is no longer possible to do this?

  • FixmypcmikeFixmypcmike Posts: 11,619
    edited December 1969

    randym77 said:
    Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere, but I looked around and couldn't find it.

    You used to be able to use more than one coupon/voucher per order. The Father's Day coupon and the PC voucher, for example. Is is no longer possible to do this?


    Not currently, no.

  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,248
    edited December 1969

    Mike, do you know something about whether this will change??

  • FixmypcmikeFixmypcmike Posts: 11,619
    edited December 1969

    Mike, do you know something about whether this will change??


    No, I have no idea if it will change.

  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,248
    edited December 1969

    Mike, do you know something about whether this will change??


    No, I have no idea if it will change.

    Can someone ask? This is something several of us are pretty sure we were told would be possible.

    Thanks :)

  • perfyperfy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    I can not log in to my account,howcan I spent it?

  • KeryaKerya Posts: 7,185
    edited December 1969

    perfy said:
    I can not log in to my account,howcan I spent it?

    Try logging out here in the forum (where you obviously are logged in) and log in again.
    Sometimes this helps.

  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 8,584
    edited December 1969

    AT this time the coupons don't stack. So no it's not working atm.

  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 267
    edited December 1969

    Coupon code "FATH3RS-DAY-2012" is not valid.

    for me.

  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 790
    edited June 2013

    Greybro said:
    Coupon code "FATH3RS-DAY-2012" is not valid.

    for me.

    Hmmmm...


    Coupon Expires June 18, 2012

    Ummm...

    What year is it?

    Post edited by Sockratease on
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 267
    edited December 1969

    Greybro said:
    Coupon code "FATH3RS-DAY-2012" is not valid.

    for me.

    Hmmmm...


    Coupon Expires June 18, 2012

    Ummm...

    What year is it?

    Ha! Ha! That's what I get for doing a search for Father's Day Coupon!

  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 846
    edited June 2013

    I can see all the other announcements; just not the Father's Day one. Thanks for the coupon...for me it could be the difference between taking advantage of the Genesis Summer Sale and passing on it. And yes, I'm a father...in fact I'm expecting to be a father all over again in a few days (hence the penny-pinching)!

    awww... YAY!!!

    Well, that's an awesome reason for penny-pinching! *big smile* (i jusss wuvs babies!)

    ...and I can see the announcement OK, too, I but haven't tried the coupon cuz I'm penniless... lol... literally. Canada no longer uses pennies.

    Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • LedheadLedhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

    I just tried the damn thing not realizing it said 2012. LOL Why did you have to bring this thread to the front. I wonder how many people are going to try it over the weekend.

    And why didn't we get a coupon this year?

This discussion has been closed.
Rocket Fuel