Apollo Maximus is BACK!!! The Optimal 3D Figure--Working Download!

WandWWandW Posts: 1,256
edited July 6 in Freebies

Downloads have been unavailable for quite some time; grab him while he's HOT:

I’ve been able to get in contact with Anton by way of a R'osity Forum Mod acting as an intermediary. Anton says:

“If someone want to give them a copy of the zips, that is fine. I don’t mind. But the files can’t be repackaged into new zips.”

I’ve uploaded the Apollo Maximus Base, Faceroom Head and what add ons available at the download page that I have to Google Drive. I’ll see if I can find some place to host them on a more permanent basis; if anyone wants to do so, grab the files and put a link to them in this thread. As noted above; DON’T REPACKAGE THEM!

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9_I3V6UTuuXflZTRWxZVml0LU5UTV9aTG1ZY3lMNEYyUmxfR0FDbXFrZTRjR2lhb3llbVk&usp=sharing

You will need password for the base files, which is available on Anton’s site. Enjoy.

http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/htmlpages/ApolloMaximusFree3dhumanfigure.htm

Be sure to note the zip password on the above page...

Post edited by WandW on

Comments

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 707
    edited December 1969

Dunno, Wand, got immediately bounced off to a webring site again.

• WandWWandW Posts: 1,256
    edited December 1969

Try from his homepage...

http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 707
    edited December 1969

Yep, THAT worked -- thank you!

Interesting too, that I was able to download the clothing sets. Even though I got the Apollo figure long ago from the same site, I was previously unable to get the gear. I was blocked because I live in Thailand. Not sure why, but several of the file-sharing sites are blocked here. DivShare got through this time, which is exactly what I was hoping for.

edited December 1969

Yay! :)

For those who haven't seen him, here's a render done in Poser Pro 2012...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/175/P120/#241147

I know he works well in Studio 2.3, so I expect he still works in 4.5...

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the heads up, WandW! I was in the same boat as Dorseyland - Apollo but no clothes. Now I have the full set and may actually use him.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,190
    edited December 1969

Oh, good - the last time the files were available, I got corrupted versions of some of the core zips...

(goes and re-downloads everything)

(er, almost everything)

The links to "Poses for the Ogre", "Four Poses for Apollo", "Bonelord Poses", "MGAPCLOTHESV", "FD Apollo Textures One", and "FD Apollo Textures Two" are dead...

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 3,249
    edited December 1969

Been a while since I last used Apollo. Is there anything new? The last time the files were available there was talk of a long-awaited final add-on set. Any chance of this turning up eventually?

• mrposermrposer Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

His dials and utility poses seem to work better in Poser Pro 2012 than in Daz Studio 4.5. But whenever I use his hide toast pose it creates a hole down there.... I guess he doesn't use geometry switching like Michael 2.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 1,365
    edited April 2013

Nope: Max is just a "turn visibility off: the parts are still there" rig. I used to have him, but he didn't work too well for me in P6 or D|S 2.x (this was some years back, when he first became free) so I haven't pursued him since. Looks good, but ungainly with all but his very own poses. The scaling functions didn't seem to be worth jack either.

Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,248
    edited December 1969

So glad to see this great figure available again!! Thanks to Anton for fixing the files and thanks, WandW, for letting everyone know they're fixed!

WandW-Nice render!!

Spotted Kitty - I don't think Anton's done anything with Apollo for years. Perhaps one day he'll come back to the 3d world and continue with the plans he had for Apollo.

Here's an image I did with him years ago

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/175/P120/#291662

• Versora_VincentVersora_Vincent Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Wow. I know. Old thread. But I recently went there and stupid DivShare was being an arse. I had lost poor Apollo after my computer decided to have a tantrum.

edited December 1969

I know someone who knows Anton, so I sent them a note to pass along.

DIVShare is sometimes flakey, so in the meantime, try again periodically.

edited December 1969

Anton has replied that it is an issue with DIVShare, so check daily and see if it's been fixed...

edited December 1969

Yup. I've been doing that. He may wanna switch to a different DL server if DivShare continues being a butt. I haven't given up yet. I really like the Apollo figure.

• ElowanElowan Posts: 387
    edited May 9

No joy here either after several tries. Will try again later today

3 plus hours later - nada

Post edited by Elowan on
    edited December 1969

Well it's going on day 3, still not able to download. Beginning to think it's pointless.

edited December 1969

I think last time there were issues with the hosting site it was a week or more...

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 7,225
    edited December 1969

Three things that make DivShare 'work better'...

No adblocking, no script blocking and allowing any/all cookies it wants to give you (including 3rd party).

In other words...it basically wants a 'wide open' browser...

Or become a paying subscriber.

edited December 1969

braunschwaiger!

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,190
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Three things that make DivShare 'work better'...

No adblocking, no script blocking and allowing any/all cookies it wants to give you (including 3rd party).

In other words...it basically wants a 'wide open' browser...

Or become a paying subscriber.

I put ad blocking in place after an ad (not at DivShare) tried to install software on my computer without permission. So ... no, they aren't getting a "wide open" browser.

If they want me to become a paying subscriber, they'll need to put their rates where I can see them before I make a decision whether to subscribe.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 7,225
    edited December 1969

Not that you can't download from DivShare with blockers in place...just that it takes forever/nearly impossible to do so...

edited December 1969

Well looks like I won't be getting him. I tried for a week and I keep getting a DivShare loop then the page refuses to load. So yeah. I'm gonna count this one as a loss. and the last time I had no pop up blocker, that turned out to be a real disaster. And I was looking forward to having him again. Oh well.

edited December 1969

Well looks like I won't be getting him. I tried for a week and I keep getting a DivShare loop then the page refuses to load. So yeah. I'm gonna count this one as a loss. and the last time I had no pop up blocker, that turned out to be a real disaster. And I was looking forward to having him again. Oh well.

Similar experience here.

• edited December 1969

Paying subscriber to Div don't help. There is many many people wanting the epic clothes files. I have the character but the epic clothes files was corrupted that I have. Any help obtaining them would be much appreciated!

edited July 6

I've been able to get in contact with Anton by way of a R'osity Forum Mod acting as an intermediary. Anton says:

"If someone want to give them a copy of the zips, that is fine. I don't mind. But the files can't be repackaged into new zips."

I've uploaded the Apollo Maximus Base, Faceroom Head and what add ons available at the download page that I have to Google Drive. I'll see if I can find some place to host them on a more permanent basis; if anyone wants to do so, grab the files and put a link to them in this thread. As noted above; DON'T REPACKAGE THEM!

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9_I3V6UTuuXflZTRWxZVml0LU5UTV9aTG1ZY3lMNEYyUmxfR0FDbXFrZTRjR2lhb3llbVk&usp=sharing

You will need password for the base files, which is available on Anton's site. Enjoy. :)

http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/htmlpages/ApolloMaximusFree3dhumanfigure.htm

Post edited by WandW on
    edited July 6

Not seeing anything about a password

Found it - allfilesarecopyrightprotected

Post edited by Elowan on