Men... men, MEN! And more MEN!!... The prodigal sons have returned...

Comments

• BiakoBiako Posts: 309
    edited March 2013

mardook said:
    Beautiful renders and I like the Erikur character morph that you've created Cagnazzo82. Love those thighs, so masculine yet there is a softness in the face that draws you in. :D

Thanks.

I think I can expand on him, but that guy needs a bit of work before he's up to speed with some of my newer characters. I've been updating them all in Zbrush :)

This guy used to be the Erikur morph from a while back. I'm planning on using him as my new superman character. Also, he's probably going to end up on shareCG at some point if I get around to it.

New_Joshua.jpg
    1214 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by Biako on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 5,315
    edited December 1969

Kinda reminds me of Daniel Radcliffe as he is today.

• FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 142
    edited December 1969

Fun with my new gels and pants.

SickleYield,
    What pants are those?
    I was just getting ready to buy a set of yours.
    Also I see you have a new store up. (congratulations)
    You items are some of the ones I have liked right away, because you also put so many morphs into them.
    Looking forward to seeing more male clothes, like the jock.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 5,993
    edited December 1969

fusionla said:

SickleYield,
    What pants are those?
    You items are some of the ones I have liked right away, because you also put so many morphs into them.

That's the Dirty Denim, which I submitted for March Madness and I'm waiting to see it show up any day now.

Thank you, I'm glad you like the Haven. :) I plan to sell mostly male items there.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Kinda reminds me of Daniel Radcliffe as he is today.

I *love* the way he looks today.

But I was actually going more for a character that was versatile, and could probably work as both my superman and also Nathan Drake and/or Chris redfield.

I have a couple variations of his skin texture.

• FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 142
    edited December 1969

fusionla said:

SickleYield,
    What pants are those?

That's the Dirty Denim, which I submitted for March Madness and I'm waiting to see it show up any day now.

Thank you, I'm glad you like the Haven. :) I plan to sell mostly male items there.

I was hoping it was part of the other set of yours, I'm going to buy.
    March Madness! ( yes my wallet is mad at me right now :))
    But again, nice job on the items you create.

• Kurt LundqvistKurt Lundqvist Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

Some fireball stuff.

JB-Pitching2013-DF.jpg
    900 x 600 - 119K
  • Drew ZantiDrew Zanti Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Some fireball stuff.

great image Kurt, the cloth painting is awesome,
    he's sexy too. nice. lol

edited December 1969

Some fireball stuff.

Wow, the shirt is incredibly well done.

Looks fantastic.

• chsmochsmo Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

whoa oa oa oa oa oa oa oa, oh oh oh

trzboy.jpg
    582 x 800 - 337K
    edited December 1969

OMGoodness. How yummy chsmo! :coolsmile:

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 5,993
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    OMGoodness. How yummy chsmo! :coolsmile:

+1

• chsmochsmo Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

:-) Thank you! Some of your freebie morphs in him too, Ramwolff!

edited December 1969

Oh, how cool! Thanks so much! :-)

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 563
    edited March 2013

Thought I'd audition the new guy on the block.

Deacon for Michael 5 by: vyktohria

Added some more Tats from Tattoo Parlor Michael by SimonWM

Thanks all for the posts, everyone. They inspire me to get back to work..

Deacon.jpg
    1536 x 864 - 482K
    Post edited by bohemian3 on
  • HellboyHellboy Posts: 687
    edited December 1969

Posted this one the Luxus forum, but I don't have lots to post, so here it is too.
    My first render with Luxus.
    Genesis and the lovely DAZ Python.

LUXUS.jpg
    590 x 1000 - 425K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 1,462
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:
    Posted this one the Luxus forum, but I don't have lots to post, so here it is too.
    My first render with Luxus.
    Genesis and the lovely DAZ Python.

Any chance you could share the settings you used to get to such a good image? The Luxus PDF documentation is a bit sparse, and video tutorials make me crazy. I hope they come out with some presets to use as starting points; that would be really helpful.

Any road, in keeping with the brief of the thread, a test image of P3D Tom. I was trying to duplicate the look of his painted mohawk with something with a bit more visible height, and discovered that the M5 Elite Hair actually makes a creditable mohawk itself. All you have to do is turn limits off for the "Adjust Sides" sliders, then dial them into negative values. Tinker with the rest of the sliders to get the sort of look you want. Some cleanup here or there might be needed, depending on the look you're going for, or the angle of your image; the back of his head was sort of jagged.

I added in the M4 Shaved Hair for the stubbly look, but I may skip that next time. Between the M5 Elite Hair and the Shaved Hair and Unshaven for the sideburns, even with Raytracing off for those surfaces, it took 3Delight a full 10 minutes just to do his head, with almost nothing else going on in the image.

p3dtom-m5elitemohawk-01.png
    829 x 872 - 444K
  • Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 1,001
    edited December 1969

chsmo said:
    whoa oa oa oa oa oa oa oa, oh oh oh

This Tarzan image is excellent!!

• daveleitz68daveleitz68 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Excellent work, Hellboy! D@mn that looks real!

• Kurt LundqvistKurt Lundqvist Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

Here's one that's a character design pic but it's not a render, just a plain old Photoshop/Wacom effort so sorry if it's not appropriate around here (this being DAZ and all) but this is how I usually start out with new characters before attempting to go 3D...

RD-130329-DF.jpg
    500 x 750 - 96K
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:
    Any chance you could share the settings you used to get to such a good image? The Luxus PDF documentation is a bit sparse, and video tutorials make me crazy. I hope they come out with some presets to use as starting points; that would be really helpful.

Sure!

GLOSSY TRANSLUCENT WITH VOLUME:

Diffuse Color: Diffuse maps and desired color.
    Transmision Color: Darker = less translucent. I used a dark gray here.
    Specuar Color: Specular map and desired color.
    Roughness U and V: How glossy the surface is. Lower = shinier. I used 0.2 here.
    Absorption Color: Color of the light passing through the model. Dunno why, but you use the negative of the color you want. In this case I wanted orange, so I set it at 0 157 255 (intense light blue).
    Absorption Scale: How much of the absorption color is seen. I used 4 here, but that depends on you and even the angle of the light I guess.
    Volume Type: Homogeneous

I don't remember the snake, but it was something similar with a darker diffuse color. I also used a Geometry Shell with Glass 2 with a Refraction of 1.2

Light source is a huge plane.

The real documentation for me are the documentation and examples of the LuxRender site. All the info is there already.

edited December 1969

Great renders guys :)

Here's a bit of an expansion on the new morph character I've been working on. I have to make a few more morph in zbrush to modify him, but he's looking almost about how I want him to look now.

Space_Hero.jpg
    1144 x 2000 - 1M
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 1,976
    edited December 1969

Filed under "Why are you tweaking morphs when you have work to finish?" ;)

Stolz_Revisited.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 286K
  • Agent_UnawaresAgent_Unawares Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

Hellboy said:
    Absorption Color: Color of the light passing through the model. Dunno why, but you use the negative of the color you want. In this case I wanted orange, so I set it at 0 157 255 (intense light blue).

Its because it's the color of light which is actually absorbed by the material. So it'll fade out that color, and you'll wind up with the opposite being reflected/transmitted. Most exporters/shaders in effect take the desired result color and invert it so things are more intuitive.

Post edited by Agent_Unawares on
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:

Its because it's the color of light which is actually absorbed by the material. So it'll fade out that color, and you'll wind up with the opposite being reflected/transmitted. Most exporters/shaders in effect take the desired result color and invert it so things are more intuitive.

Thanks! Yeah, I saw an explanation at the LuxRender site, but I was left pretty much the same. XD
    I get it now!

edited December 1969

Hellboy said:
    Hellboy said:

Thanks! Yeah, I saw an explanation at the LuxRender site, but I was left pretty much the same. XD
    I get it now!

Just out of curiosity... but how long would it take to render say an imagine of 2000 resolution?

Actually how long did it take you to render your image?

Filed under "Why are you tweaking morphs when you have work to finish?" ;)

'
    Not bad Male M3dia.

Did you make that armor? Is that on Genesis?

I've never seen it before.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 2,082
    edited December 1969

Looks like Luthbel's new set. If so it would be Genesis.

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 563
    edited March 2013

Wow... everyone... Really awesome renders today.

Hellboy, you totally inspired me to finally tryout Freak with those displacement maps. That's an awesome render!

Cagnazzo... As always, you're men rule. Great face, great look and costuming. Top shelf as always.

Male-M3dia... I bow to you. Really amazing skin and render.

Kurt - another wow image. You have a very distinct style and vision. I'd know one of yours anywhere.

So here's some more for today, inspired by all of you. Thanks.

IronFort.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 356K
    Donovan.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 185K
    Andy.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 170K
    Post edited by bohemian3 on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 1,976
    edited December 1969

'
    Not bad Male M3dia.

Did you make that armor? Is that on Genesis?

I've never seen it before.

The outfit is Valandar's march madness item... figured I'd dust it off for a quick render.

http://www.daz3d.com/lord-general-for-genesis

edited December 1969

Just out of curiosity... but how long would it take to render say an imagine of 2000 resolution?

Sorry, I have no idea. :/

Actually how long did it take you to render your image?

Not sure, I left it cooking, went to do something else and came back 8 hours later. Seemed ready to me so I stoped it. Who knows when it was ready. :/