The very long "DAZ, REMEMBER MY PURCHASES!" self-pity post
Okay, I normally hate the incessant complaining about EVERYTHING that so often goes on in the forums. But, having said all that, I have to report that (not even by conscious decision) I'm barely making purchases at DAZ anymore. Rendo and RDNA are getting my money. Not that their products are superior, I'm just COMPLETELY annoyed with the new store website. Realizing that my spending habits have noticeably changed is kind of an epiphany for me. My money DOES depend on my comfort. I never made a conscious choice that, "Darn, I'm ticked at DAZ... I just won't shop there!" And I'm betting most people (even angry ones) never do more than HAVE that thought, or perhaps, at worst, voice it. We are so frequently mindless creatures. We shop here because we like it. If we don't like it, we don't shop here. I wanna LIKE shopping here again. And I can't be that different from other people (except that third nostril) so... HEY! Powers That Be! Here are the reasons that this girl (who's spent enough here to have bought a fairly nice used car) is not even opening the store site regularly anymore.
1) It's NOT about your content. That's great. But unfortunately, I won't know about most of it until someone makes and sells an add-on for it at Renderosity, because I'm not at your site to know what you're selling.
2) Your website went forward in ways *I* don't care much about. Sure, it's prettier. It probably has some shiny features for you guys on the back-end. But me? I'm trying to think of an improvement to the site, and about the only thing I've got is that forum threads don't break. That actually makes me more likely to come here and complain than shop. Because, hey look... I'm complaining. Not shopping.
3) REMEMBER MY PURCHASES!! And no, I don't just mean that as, "I'm a loyal shopper! Remember all the money I spent here and listen to me!" (though, ok, that works too...) I mean LITERALLY, remember my previous purchase history when I put it in the cart! For crying out loud, I've bought the equivalent of A NICE USED CAR here. Do you HONESTLY think I can remember it all?? If your COMPUTER can't remember it, then I sure as heck can't. THIS is why I can't shop here. Special sales are useless to me. I'll browse new items feebly for a few minutes and then leave. Because, let's say a vendor's whole store is on sale, or there's a fastgrab I'd like... If I don't KNOW if I own it, I now have to go into my itemized order history and MANUALLY page through **311** pages of alphabetized items. Yeah, sooooooo... Just not doing that. I don't HAVE to do that at Rendo or RDNA. Why anyone thought that was a minor issue is completely beyond me.
4) Customer service used to be rock-solid here. Then it got very shaky with the release of DS4Pro. Now it seems laughable... though, I only know this because I'm in the forum, reading complaints instead of shopping. You have GOOD PEOPLE in your service department. But things are flying out so fast (DS4, Genesis, DS4Pro, V5, M5, new website...) that the support for it just isn't there.
5) It isn't fun anymore. You have your customers in a constant state of change. Ya know what we really don't like? THAT. There's a reason why every Walmart in the known universe has almost the same layout, and why we all still have junk in our basements from 1987. We are creatures of comfort. I, for one, am willing to accommodate a fair amount of disruption in the name of progress. But, this time, you lost me. Too much pain-in-the-keyster. Too little bang for my buck. Literally.
Please note: I'm NOT a critic. I DON'T whine. I have 8 year old twins, I need no further whining in my life. I want things to get BETTER. I'm not threatening to leave, I'm REPORTING it. How many customers take the time to do that? "Eh, em... Excuse me, fine retailer, but I balanced my checkbook and discovered my allotted payment to YOU has been shifted elsewhere. Can you please help me spend it on you again?"
But there you have it. And that's what I'm saying. I really, really hope someone has fifteen spare minutes to read it, or else I may end up losing something I really valued.