The Snow Bikini Complaint Thread

14445464749

Comments

  • TjohnTjohn Posts: 7,393
    edited December 1969

    Here are two Yweebs I textured. One is for my mum and the other one is the first two colors on my color palate in PS.

    I've been enjoying all your eye and other textures. Excellent work! :)

  • Kulay WolfKulay Wolf Posts: 10,853
    edited December 1969

    Here is Chip with Yweeb's eye textures.

    chip2.jpg
    1540 x 862 - 26K
    Chip.jpg
    1540 x 862 - 25K
  • MistyMistMistyMist Posts: 15,175
    edited December 1969

    baybee tis cold outside brrrr

    i am in for the weekend. except for doggy walks. no wanna put my toesies out in the cold.

    scrubbed my bathroom and kitchie sink last weekend. today, just a quick vacuum and poof chores are done.

    baking, pampering, web surfing, and rendering. :)

  • RezcaRezca Posts: 2,436
    edited December 1969

    @Spyro: Well if you hate painted on "muscles" you probably would hate this: http://shop.3dtotal.com/training/training-ebooks-3dsmax/swordmaster-low-poly-game-character-3dsmax.html
    XD

    productmain_01.jpg
    808 x 434 - 64K
  • Kulay WolfKulay Wolf Posts: 10,853
    edited December 1969

    Yweeb can wear Chip's eyes

    yweebwithchipeyes.jpg
    1540 x 862 - 35K
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,457
    edited December 1969

    complaint, why does Google's Picasa photo album thing insist on wanting to face tag Genesis characters in my renders.
    I can understand it trying get me to identify who Vicky and Michael are.. but this guy???

    Alien-infiltration.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 344K
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 2,704
    edited December 1969

    Where can I find Hitomi's templates?

    Are you looking for the texture templates? They are on this page:
    Hitomi 3D Anime Girl for Genesis

    Scroll down until you see the tab titled "Resource Files", then click on "Resource Files."

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,924
    edited December 1969

    Rezca said:
    @Spyro: Well if you hate painted on "muscles" you probably would hate this: http://shop.3dtotal.com/training/training-ebooks-3dsmax/swordmaster-low-poly-game-character-3dsmax.html
    XD

    No I dont hate that :) This model is designed to be low poly, and likely designed and created for gaming use, such models just cant have the highly detailed geometry, games just cant support it. Daz characters are designed and created for high resolution renders/art/animations. strong Painted on details for muscles and collar bones etc simply is overkill, especially when all those details are made from the geometry/morphs.

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,924
    edited December 1969

    damn... 39 updates for my computer are taking forever... and its only installing them :( In for a long night.

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 9,823
    edited December 1969

    Yweeb can wear Chip's eyes

    Hey great textures Kulay :)

  • Kulay WolfKulay Wolf Posts: 10,853
    edited December 1969

    I got myself confused. I forgot what I was doing.

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 9,823
    edited December 1969

    Rareth said:
    complaint, why does Google's Picasa photo album thing insist on wanting to face tag Genesis characters in my renders.
    I can understand it trying get me to identify who Vicky and Michael are.. but this guy???

    I got some editing software does that, is good for a laugh :)

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 9,823
    edited December 1969

    I got myself confused. I forgot what I was doing.

    Happens to me all the time :lol:

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 9,823
    edited December 1969

    tjohn said:
    Non-complaint: I just got a new Grandnephew at 4:30 am today. Meet Walker Edgar Smith. :cheese:

    Awww teh cutie, gratz :)

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 9,823
    edited December 1969

    Spyro said:
    Rezca said:
    Yaaaay is finished! X3

    Well done rezca! great stuff :cheese:

    +1

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,924
    edited January 2013

    Damn Borg, you is up early. (Unless you've joined the night shifters... even on our days off, we find it hard to fully return to the "Normal" daily lifestyle.)

    Just spent an hour with computer updates, only to discover after restart that there are 20 "new" updates ready to be installed... Ridiculous. I did just install the 39 "new" updates minutes ago.

    Mind you, it was worth it... I neglected updates for so long, I didn't realize Nvidia driver was out of date.

    Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 9,823
    edited December 1969

    Been getting a bit of sailing in so keeping irregular hours for the past few days, so exhausted last night was asleep before 8 pm :lol:

  • TjohnTjohn Posts: 7,393
    edited December 1969

    I didn't write these, but they made me laugh.

    tumblr_lckral8c8p1qcad3zo1_500.jpg
    476 x 700 - 91K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,924
    edited December 1969

    tjohn said:
    I didn't write these, but they made me laugh.

    It says it how it is :)

    @Borg - Sailing? That sounds fun :) a lot of early hours involved, I see what you mean.

  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 1,958
    edited December 1969

    I don't know about #2... some of these flat screen TVs don't have many controls or mounted high on the wall where you can't get to them so you'd best keep track of that remote... seems like the authors not to technically savvy to know that.

  • RezcaRezca Posts: 2,436
    edited January 2013

    Spyro said:
    Rezca said:
    @Spyro: Well if you hate painted on "muscles" you probably would hate this: http://shop.3dtotal.com/training/training-ebooks-3dsmax/swordmaster-low-poly-game-character-3dsmax.html
    XD

    No I dont hate that :) This model is designed to be low poly, and likely designed and created for gaming use, such models just cant have the highly detailed geometry, games just cant support it. Daz characters are designed and created for high resolution renders/art/animations. strong Painted on details for muscles and collar bones etc simply is overkill, especially when all those details are made from the geometry/morphs.

    My opinion on that is (FROM MY EXPERIENCES) quite a lot of Poser and D|S renders I've seen - thankfully not in this thread - seem to be very washed out and make heavy, heavy use of ambient lights that totally destroy any shadows in the scene, so subtle geometry shadowing like those areas are lost. If they're painted on, then the folks can go wild with those ambient lights they seem to love.

    Ah yes, and one other thing I see a ton which has become a huge peeve of mine (Epecially when it happens to me XD) is the "Floating Objects" where a can or cardboard box or a chair would be on a flat stone floor but there's no shadowing to show that it's sitting there. Something that in Cinema going into the render settings and enabling Ambient Occlusion fixes 97.5% of the time, but I've still had some renders come out with floating/pasted objects >< Usually when using Vray =) I don't understand the 20 something knobs and dials Vray has to enable AO and their online manual is terribly confusing when compared to Cinema's simple yet thorough one.


    Like this: Vray. Awesome picture, but nothing I did (That I could comprehend) could get it to not look like it was just pasted there in Photoshop or something =P
    Well was one of my first renders so go figure ^^

    gallery_71946_2196_50558.jpg
    528 x 690 - 79K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,457
    edited December 1969

    Rezca said:
    Spyro said:
    Rezca said:
    @Spyro: Well if you hate painted on "muscles" you probably would hate this: http://shop.3dtotal.com/training/training-ebooks-3dsmax/swordmaster-low-poly-game-character-3dsmax.html
    XD

    No I dont hate that :) This model is designed to be low poly, and likely designed and created for gaming use, such models just cant have the highly detailed geometry, games just cant support it. Daz characters are designed and created for high resolution renders/art/animations. strong Painted on details for muscles and collar bones etc simply is overkill, especially when all those details are made from the geometry/morphs.

    My opinion on that is (FROM MY EXPERIENCES) quite a lot of Poser and D|S renders I've seen - thankfully not in this thread - seem to be very washed out and make heavy, heavy use of ambient lights that totally destroy any shadows in the scene, so subtle geometry shadowing like those areas are lost. If they're painted on, then the folks can go wild with those ambient lights they seem to love.

    Ah yes, and one other thing I see a ton which has become a huge peeve of mine (Epecially when it happens to me XD) is the "Floating Objects" where a can or cardboard box or a chair would be on a flat stone floor but there's no shadowing to show that it's sitting there. Something that in Cinema going into the render settings and enabling Ambient Occlusion fixes 97.5% of the time, but I've still had some renders come out with floating/pasted objects >< Usually when using Vray =) I don't understand the 20 something knobs and dials Vray has to enable AO and their online manual is terribly confusing when compared to Cinema's simple yet thorough one.


    Like this: Vray. Awesome picture, but nothing I did (That I could comprehend) could get it to not look like it was just pasted there in Photoshop or something =P
    Well was one of my first renders so go figure ^^

    well I try real hard to minimize the floating look...

    and yeah Ambient lighting, IBL, IDL is all the rage..

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 9,823
    edited December 1969

    Spyro said:
    tjohn said:
    I didn't write these, but they made me laugh.

    It says it how it is :)

    @Borg - Sailing? That sounds fun :) a lot of early hours involved, I see what you mean.

    Would live in water if I could :)

  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Urgh! What a busy day!!! :bug: :bug:

    Went out, got a haircut, had fried chicken for lunch, hit Guitar Center for cables and to talk to the repair guy about replacing a pickup on my Strat, then Wa-Mart for underwear and pay on my credit card, home, swapped the memory on the tablet to max it out at 4GB of RAM, swapped the memory on this i5 box to max it at 8GB, wired my guitar effects pedal into the drum machine, wired the drum machine into the multitrack recorder, tested the connections up to the drum machine outs, took a nap. :-S :-S

    I'm going to go out tonight for DEAD FISH ON A PLATE, then over to listen to some kick-butt live music and suck down a few beers!!! :ahhh: :ahhh:

    Miso soup, tempura veggies, dumplings, and maybe a spider roll!!! :cheese: :cheese:

    Tomorrow - test the multitrack connection, do some recording, hang out and MAYBE relax a bit, :coolsmile:

    I'm going to end up getting an i7 for my main machine, this box will become my writing machine, the tablet stays as my portable device. The Dell D610 and Asus laptops will both get sold when the i7 arrives, along with my Android tablet. In Juine, I'll replace the Lenovo tablet with a Fujitsu Lifebook i3-based Tablet PC and that should be the end of my computer lust.

    Just need to save up for one more guitar, too..heh.. :red: :red: :red:

  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,371
    edited December 1969

    ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:
    tjohn said:
    I didn't write these, but they made me laugh.

    It says it how it is :)
    @Borg - Sailing? That sounds fun :) a lot of early hours involved, I see what you mean.

    Would live in water if I could :)

    Seaborg? :)

    @Wooly: and in the midst of all that, move cubbyholes once more! ;-)

  • MistyMistMistyMist Posts: 15,175
    edited December 1969

    sitting at home waiting for dough to rise. not sure if i kneaded it enough.

    new mixer has the dough twirly attachments, but not sure the mixer has the jules to knead this dough.

    recipe says to let it rise 2 hours, then knead/fold the dough again to let it rise another hour. don't feel i can stay awake 2 hours. what will happen? how much can it rise in one night?

  • MistyMistMistyMist Posts: 15,175
    edited December 1969

    tjohn said:
    I didn't write these, but they made me laugh.

    lol


    #4 nah, you find things when you stop looking for it :)

  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,371
    edited December 1969

    tjohn said:
    I didn't write these, but they made me laugh.

    lol
    #4 nah, you find things when you stop looking for it :)

    I think I'm looking for a new complaint thread name...

    the "I didn't make a snow bikini render in time complaint thread" ... >_<

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 9,823
    edited December 1969

    M F M said:
    tjohn said:
    I didn't write these, but they made me laugh.

    lol
    #4 nah, you find things when you stop looking for it :)

    I think I'm looking for a new complaint thread name...

    the "I didn't make a snow bikini render in time complaint thread" ... >_<

    would have melted anyhow :lol:

  • TjohnTjohn Posts: 7,393
    edited December 1969

    Saw some pictures of my new grandnephew wearing a t-shirt like this. He was born yesterday. :)

    il_570xN.274113847_.jpg
    480 x 480 - 16K
This discussion has been closed.
Rocket Fuel