Making clothing for Gen Injections

KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 268
edited December 1969 in DAZ Studio Discussion

I feel stupid asking but I have no clue. I got Julie injection for genesis. I made the shirt (for example) in Marvelous Designer and set the shirt up for Julie injection for genesis. I want to sell the shirt, it is a Julie or Genesis shirt?

Comments

  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

    I don't know Marvelous Designer... but if you're exporting the Julie OBJ, make sure you set all figure scaling to 100%. I learned the hard way the perils of having scaling set to any other setting.

  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 2,522
    edited December 2012

    KimberSue said:
    I feel stupid asking but I have no clue. I got Julie injection for genesis. I made the shirt (for example) in Marvelous Designer and set the shirt up for Julie injection for genesis. I want to sell the shirt, it is a Julie or Genesis shirt?

    Hi KimberSue, Genesis doesn't use injections they are called shapes. Are you planning on rigging it for Genesis or using dynamic in poser?

    If you are planning on using conforming. I would start with the default shape and then add the Julie shape as a morph and any others you wish to include. If made for Genesis but with custom morphs it will target a larger audience than just the users of the teen figures.

    Don't forget if Julie uses scaling(I'm not sure as I haven't played with the teens yet. Only just downloaded yesterday) to set the scale at 100% before exporting to MD. Otherwise you will have problems when you import the outfit to ds.

    Edit to add Wancow beat me to the scaling... lol

    Post edited by Pendraia on
  • KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

    wancow said:
    I don't know Marvelous Designer... but if you're exporting the Julie OBJ, make sure you set all figure scaling to 100%. I learned the hard way the perils of having scaling set to any other setting.

    Setting it up in DAZ is the problem. I have the shirt made and all ready to go but I have no idea whether to list it s genesis or Julie.

  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 2,522
    edited December 1969

    KimberSue said:
    wancow said:
    I don't know Marvelous Designer... but if you're exporting the Julie OBJ, make sure you set all figure scaling to 100%. I learned the hard way the perils of having scaling set to any other setting.

    Setting it up in DAZ is the problem. I have the shirt made and all ready to go but I have no idea whether to list it s genesis or Julie.

    When you say setting it up in DS is the problem...do you know how to use the transfer utility?

  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 1,976
    edited December 1969

    Everything for Genesis needs to fit the default Genesis shape. In terms of Gen 4, you would make the clothing against the default V4 and not the amazon fit, Genesis would be the like the default V4 and Julie would be like the amazon shape.

    If you made clothing against Julie and not the default shape, you can use the "reverse from target" option in the transfer tool to get back to the default genesis shape, but you will need to do a bit of cleanup. Once that's created, then you can use that original garment as a fit to the clothing using Morph Loader Pro.

  • KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

    Pendraia said:
    KimberSue said:
    I feel stupid asking but I have no clue. I got Julie injection for genesis. I made the shirt (for example) in Marvelous Designer and set the shirt up for Julie injection for genesis. I want to sell the shirt, it is a Julie or Genesis shirt?

    Hi KimberSue, Genesis doesn't use injections they are called shapes. Are you planning on rigging it for Genesis or using dynamic in poser?

    If you are planning on using conforming. I would start with the default shape and then add the Julie shape as a morph and any others you wish to include. If made for Genesis but with custom morphs it will target a larger audience than just the users of the teen figures.

    Don't forget if Julie uses scaling(I'm not sure as I haven't played with the teens yet. Only just downloaded yesterday) to set the scale at 100% before exporting to MD. Otherwise you will have problems when you import the outfit to ds.

    The MD software is not a problem, I got that all done and I move the shirt back into DAZ onto Julie and did all the transferring (at least I think I did) It works for me. I had actually planned on listing this shirt on Sharecg to see how it worked before selling any Julie clothing. I have never done genesis before, only Kid4, gumdrop, etc in poser. I did move Julie to poser using the DSON to make I comfort clothing but the import to poser was horrible.

    I was only trying to figure out how to list the shirt when offering it. Julie is the first genesis shape I liked enough to considering using genesis.

    Thanks

  • KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

    If you made clothing against Julie and not the default shape, you can use the "reverse from target" option in the transfer tool to get back to the default genesis shape, but you will need to do a bit of cleanup. Once that's created, then you can use that original garment as a fit to the clothing using Morph Loader Pro.

    That's exactly what I did. But I was not sure if it was considered a genesis shirt or Julie shirt.

  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 1,730
    edited December 2012

    There's the problem. You made the outfit on a Julie body, not the base Genesis figure. everyone else said, use reverse from target when transferring.
    As for whether it's considered a Genesis shirt or a "Julie" shirt, any outfit made designed for any Genesis shape is a Genesis outfit. This is why it's best to make the outfit on the base Genesis figure in the first place.

    Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,375
    edited December 1969

    If you built a shirt for Genesis it generally works fairly well on every Genesis shape. There are some extreme morphs which can occasionally cause problems, but that's easily fixed by adding smoothing groups and colliding the mesh with Genesis. If you built it on the original Genesis shape, it's a Genesis shirt. If you modeled it on Julie then you want to reverse from target, clean it up and it's still considered a Genesis shirt.

    The best thing about Genesis is how it can wear any Genesis outfit. Always aim for the bigger market.

  • KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

    Thanks, I got it, Genesis is Genesis, and Julie is really just Genesis and not it's own figure.

  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 1,730
    edited December 1969

    KimberSue said:
    Thanks, I got it, Genesis is Genesis, and Julie is really just Genesis and not it's own figure.
    Exactly.

  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 2,522
    edited December 1969

    KimberSue said:

    The MD software is not a problem, I got that all done and I move the shirt back into DAZ onto Julie and did all the transferring (at least I think I did) It works for me. I had actually planned on listing this shirt on Sharecg to see how it worked before selling any Julie clothing. I have never done genesis before, only Kid4, gumdrop, etc in poser. I did move Julie to poser using the DSON to make I comfort clothing but the import to poser was horrible.

    I was only trying to figure out how to list the shirt when offering it. Julie is the first genesis shape I liked enough to considering using genesis.

    Thanks

    I'm glad you worked out the transfer utility. Sharing a few things on Sharecg before aiming to sell is a good idea. It helps you to develop a customer base. I'm glad you like Julie enough to give Genesis a try. I love it and wouldn't move back but I can understand that it isn't going to suit everyone.

    I'm not familiar with DSON in Poser so I'm not sure how that could be best achieved.

    I would list it as Genesis with a custom shape for Julie.

    Hope that helps.

    Pen

Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel