Men... men, MEN! And more MEN!!... The prodigal sons have returned...

Comments

• Kurt LundqvistKurt Lundqvist Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

Let's give everyone a bad day :)

FS-StandForSomething-DF.jpg
    600 x 800 - 222K
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 2,013
    edited December 1969

Took a break from what I was doing to convert "Illusive Dancer" to M5 and the hair to fit genesis too.

PatrickM5_01.jpg
    700 x 910 - 199K
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 1,229
    edited December 1969

looks a bit like Patrick Swayze

• CherokeeCherokee Posts: 267
    edited December 1969

Took a break from what I was doing to convert "Illusive Dancer" to M5 and the hair to fit genesis too.

Looks alot like Patrick Swayze. I'd swear that was him if I didn't know it's a render.

• RosemaryrRosemaryr Posts: 93
    edited December 1969

A little historical man-drop: a Renaissance Germany's Landsknecht

Zweihander.jpg
    798 x 1200 - 404K
  • BiakoBiako Posts: 309
    edited December 1969

Cherokee said:

Looks alot like Patrick Swayze. I'd swear that was him if I didn't know it's a render.

Lol, there's a reason the character's called 'Illusive Dancer' :)

edited December 1969

Let's give everyone a bad day :)

Fantastic as always Kurt, love it.

edited December 1969

Still playing dress-up with my favorite morph.

All he needs now is a second-skin bodysuit and he's good to go as a superhero :)

American_Hero.jpg
    1545 x 2000 - 2M
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 2,158
    edited December 2012

Rosemaryr said:
    A little historical man-drop: a Renaissance Germany's Landsknecht

That's gorgeous.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 1,229
    edited December 1969

Merry Christmas!

XMas2.jpg
    772 x 1000 - 236K
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 267
    edited December 1969

I keep planning on adding some old renders...

caught.jpg
    552 x 527 - 58K
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 267
    edited December 1969

I should do some tidying...

musketeer1.jpg
    1632 x 1165 - 294K
  • oro_snakeoro_snake Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

Haven't posted in the new forums yet and haven't rendered anything in a while. Here's a little contribution for the holidays.

sample.png
    800 x 800 - 345K
  • kjngrafixkjngrafix Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey everyone. LTNS. :)

Just curious what clothing set this comes from?

Thanks.

All he needs now is a second-skin bodysuit and he's good to go as a superhero :)

edited December 2012

I finally got M5, so I'm still learning the ins and outs of DS, but I'm starting to get the hang of things. I still haven't quite gotten the hang of the lighting, so this was done in C4D, which I'm a tad more comfortable with. hehe

I love the new (well I don't know which version it showed up in I jumped from CS2 to CS6) Vibrance adjustment settings in PS, so I named this one after it.

I'm still sifting through all the new products since I was last around, but more to come. :)

Vibrance

Image removed for nudity

Didn't realize TOS changed to no nudity. :/

Post edited by kjngrafix on
    edited December 2012

kjngrafix said:

Thanks.

They're all from different outfits, but I made the American textures.

The boots and holster are from Stalker girl, the trunks are from M4 basic wear, belt is from defiant for genesis, emblem on belt is from Lion-o for M4 freebie, and the bandana is from Bandana for F4 by SOTO.

Post edited by Biako on
    edited December 1969

kjngrafix said:

Thanks.

They're all from different outfits, but I made the American textures.

The boots and holster are from Stalker girl, the trunks are from M4 basic wear, belt is from defiant for genesis, emblem on belt is from Lion-o for M4 freebie, and the bandana is from Bandana for F4 by SOTO.

Cool. Thanks. Figured it was from different sets. Works well together. :)

• gabugabu Posts: 262
    edited December 1969

Lucifer as a young punk angel?

g26a-6ax.jpg
    933 x 1000 - 166K
  • GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 508
    edited December 1969

kjngrafix said:
    I finally got M5, so I'm still learning the ins and outs of DS, but I'm starting to get the hang of things. I still haven't quite gotten the hang of the lighting, so this was done in C4D, which I'm a tad more comfortable with. hehe

I love the new (well I don't know which version it showed up in I jumped from CS2 to CS6) Vibrance adjustment settings in PS, so I named this one after it.

I'm still sifting through all the new products since I was last around, but more to come. :)

Vibrance

Image removed for nudity

You can show the male backside and just a little below his navel from the front as long as no pubes are showing. Personally I think it's lame but then what can you do? Do you have the image posted on your dA account?

David

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,924
    edited December 1969

The TOS has always been pretty strict on nudity, and always has said no nudity of the groin area. It is a little stricter at the moment, as we lack content advisory filters, but shouldn't make too much difference for male renders.

edited December 1969

IMHO, pretty strict and a lot biased.

Anyway... Here's an image for the Christmas season...

David

SantaBear01.jpg
    1463 x 1950 - 3M
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

IMHO, pretty strict and a lot biased.

Anyway... Here's an image for the Christmas season...

David

The Daz3D Forums are a Family Friendly site, think preteen. Full frontal Nudity has never been allowed and never will be.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

I'm not going down this road again. It's been debated to death. End of story.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 1,853
    edited December 1969

I thought about posting a photo of me nude, but out of sympathy for the viewers gave up the idea. Twenty years ago though it would have ended differently. 8-o

edited December 1969

kjngrafix said:

Vibrance

Image removed for nudity

You can show the male backside and just a little below his navel from the front as long as no pubes are showing. Personally I think it's lame but then what can you do? Do you have the image posted on your dA account?

David

Heya Dave. Yeah it's in my DA gallery. It was just a backside shot tho, which I thought was ok. No biggie though. I was actually digging for the Nudity tag after I posted it, but then I found where it's all broken atm. hehe

edited December 1969

Just messing around with the hair features in C4D. I'm quite quite happy with the beard and the chest hair, but I need to tweak the arms and head some more.

Not sure if it just works better on M5, but I could never get these kinds of results with M4. It takes some time to get it all worked out, but maybe once I fine tune it, I won't have to paint hair anymore. hehe

MuscleBear.jpg
    800 x 1010 - 237K
    edited December 1969

Taking a page from Cagnazzo82's book, here's my version of Batman. Batsignal background is by shaunanakin over on dA.

David

Sexy_Batman_01A-01.jpg
    1980 x 1489 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Taking a page from Cagnazzo82's book, here's my version of Batman. Batsignal background is by shaunanakin over on dA.

David

Ha, it seems as though Batman might be phoning Alfred soon for an alternate costume :)

Btw, which belt is that? It looks good.

I'm assuming Supersuit?

edited December 1969

Btw, while I'm here, here's a savage variant version of He-man I created today. The tattoos kind of look celtic, but I think they work... :-S

Savage_He-Man01.jpg
    1214 x 2000 - 2M
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 1,539
    edited December 2012

Btw, while I'm here, here's a savage variant version of He-man I created today. The tattoos kind of look celtic, but I think they work... :-S

Well, I don't think there's any "canonical" version of Eternian tattoos, is there? (Seriously. Have no clue.) So why not Celtic? I like the way you've handled light and shadow in that image.

And now for something completely different: A question for anyone who may have "Leon and the Night": does that character use M5 UV set, or M4? The question was asked, but never answered, in Leon's own thread. You can't tell from looking at the product information, but then, you almost never can.

EDIT: Redacted because I just decided to get the Tattoo Tools anyway, and see if it can be tinkered with to work with M4 as well as M5. Wish it came with the sort of scripts that Draagonstorm used for Hawaiian Tatau -- they autodetect UV and line things up accordingly -- but such is life. Still curious about Leon's UVs, though. Might pick him up during March Madness -- or whatever the next major sale that's coming down the pike next month is.

(Purely a side note: will someone tell me why, in the People category, it is STILL not possible to link purely to any of the Gen5 shapes and characters? Why isn't there a category for them in the sidebar? Why not make it possible for people to directly locate those items without trying to use the [MANY PROFANE AND PUNGENT EXPLETIVES REDACTED BECAUSE NOBODY NEEDS TO KNOW JUST HOW MANY CURSE WORDS I KNOW] thing that pretends to call itself a search engine on this site? When you have to go to Google, and use that to do phrase searching to locate products on this site, THE SEARCH ENGINE, IT IS BROKEN.)

(Also: the "Male Characters" category needs some SERIOUS fixing.)

And, just to keep within the brief of this thread, and just because; Atlas, wearing the Sickleyield Loose Pants, in the 3DC Fight Club Gym (with retextured walls). Texture with a slightly darker diffuse, and the character himself dialspun/slider-slid/whatever it's called when you don't use the original body and face.)

Atlas-3dCFightclub-SYloosepants-03-logo.png
    1174 x 880 - 1M
    Post edited by vwrangler on