Luke and Laura for Genesis, Genesis Teen Renders

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 16,069
    edited December 1969

...so it sounds like setups for some of the installers were rushed and not tested very well. Par for the course.

Nuts, and I just dropped the 55$ on the Pro Bundle. Not into messing around with where stuff goes in 4.5 which uses a completely different file structure than the classic Poser Runtime one.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited December 1969

I had by mistake installed it all on my desktop then realized when I went to check in daz that all worked ok :bug: I had to reinstall all of it into the actual runtime.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,384
    edited December 1969

It's fairly quick to remedy. I wouldn't let it concern yourself too much. The content is still great.

edited December 1969

...I'm just afraid if I move one thing it will break something else. In older versions of Studio it was a lot more straightforward as he app primarily used the Poser runtimes structure save for things that were exclusively Daz Studio (like LDP or PWGhost) which went into the Content/Studio Subfolder.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,384
    edited December 1969

I didn't move it, I actually copied the file. The problem is that half of the metadata still looks for the .DUF file in the actual location it's installed to, so removing it means breaking the half that does work. I simply created the necessary folders and copied the .DUF file and the errors vanished in an instant. It's only a few KB in size though, luckily.

edited December 1969

...you have to create a new folder structure? That may be simple for some but not this part time luddite of a bushido cowgirl.

Think I'll submit a ticket on that and have the experts fix it.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 2,140
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...so it sounds like setups for some of the installers were rushed and not tested very well. Par for the course.

Nuts, and I just dropped the 55$ on the Pro Bundle. Not into messing around with where stuff goes in 4.5 which uses a completely different file structure than the classic Poser Runtime one.

But isn't the Snowball savings still applicable? You just have to change to the different Snowball Savings lead item. The Bundles are still DAZ Originals, so they should be 50% off, with *whatever* that day's Snowball item is.

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 458
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

But isn't the Snowball savings still applicable? You just have to change to the different Snowball Savings lead item. The Bundles are still DAZ Originals, so they should be 50% off, with *whatever* that day's Snowball item is.

If you read the fine print, under the Snowball logo, it says it excludes free items, $1.99 items, and items newer than 60 days. I'd say the bundle working for part of yesterday was unintentional.

edited December 1969

...would I be so lucky again to have such another glitch happen. After yesterday's "near miss", I'd grab & run with whatever savings I could get even if it wasn't what others said they were getting.

...but then, this pretty much tapped me out for the month. Have to go and try to win the RRRR contest now just to recoup and get the other items I wanted.

• andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 576
    edited December 1969

If it makes you feel any better, Snowball isn't working at all for me today.

edited December 1969

...maybe the "glitch" yesterday broke it.

In the midst of downloading the Pro Bundle Sheesh, what a huge bunch of files. Fortunately I have very good throughput were i am at and it is going fairly quick. More than half way through the list and that is even with Magento hosing things for about twenty minutes.

edited December 2012

Only thing I am not happy with the teens5 is the teeth. They have no morph to return them to default teeth, Far to extreme for my taste, good for characters much much younger, but not for your average teen. Hitomi teeth morph can reduce it I hear, and upcoming 'Dental Plan' by Zev has been tested which fixes it well. Just didn't expect to come across this with teens 5.

What has me confused is that the faces for teens 5 doesn't show the massive gaps between each tooth... Wondering if the teeth is supposed to go all big gappy.

Both Justin and Julie seem to have the big gaps in their character morphs, but Justin more so than Julie.

Julie_Teeth.jpg
    779 x 738 - 205K
    Justin_Teeth.jpg
    773 x 720 - 206K
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 3,483
    edited December 2012

Spyro said:
    Only thing I am not happy with the teens5 is the teeth. They have no morph to return them to default teeth, Far to extreme for my taste, good for characters much much younger, but not for your average teen. Hitomi teeth morph can reduce it I hear, and upcoming 'Dental Plan' by Zev has been tested which fixes it well. Just didn't expect to come across this with teens 5.

What has me confused is that the faces for teens 5 doesn't show the massive gaps between each tooth... Wondering if the teeth is supposed to go all big gappy.

Both Justin and Julie seem to have the big gaps in their character morphs, but Justin more so than Julie.

I have written a bug report on the teeth https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=48671
    I also sent a PM to Thorne asking about the teeth. Have you seen our long discussion here? http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/13686/P15/#199218

Post edited by barbult on
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Spyro said:

I have written a bug report on the teeth https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=48671
    I also sent a PM to Thorne asking about the teeth. Have you seen our long discussion here? http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/13686/P15/#199218

Thanks! No I missed that discussion... I have been off line the last few days, and only came across it by chance in dental plan in commercial products. It does seem to be a glitch... The teeth look like they belong to a young toddler lol not to mention no preview images show this problem.

Thanks for the links :cheese: I'll catch up reading the other thread lol

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 801
    edited December 1969

Dogz said:
    Cypherfox said:

p.s. Just a particular two call-outs, out of a great collection of add-ons: those ankle-boots in the Mall Girl outfit are something I've been looking for forever, .

Thanks, Its really nice to hear, and happy to be of service ;)

*Warning - Shameless self-promotion started*

On a Side note, Mall girl is not just for Julie, it has custom FBMs for most of the Gen5 females (Vikis, Stephs, Aikos and Reby)
    And the Jacket looks ok on the Gen 5 Males
    It can also be mixed an matched with the 3 in 1 skinny and jersey dress outfits - if the mix and match doesnt fit perfectly out of the box, you can bet that I included morphs somewhere that will get it to fit.
    Im aiming for maximium cross compatability across all the casual outfits I make.

*Shameless self-promotion complete*

:P

Just a small note, Dogz, really enjoying all the clothes you have put out so far and especially appreciate that you concentrate on easy to mix-and-match, everyday clothes and you always add special movement/correction morphs where they make sense. I am really getting tired of certain vendors getting a bit 'sloppy' (intentional or not intentional) when it comes to that or on the rigging part, so appreciate the effort you put into your clothes.

Certainly, you are not the only vendor putting in that effort, just felt this needs to be saying as this is a top-selling point for me when buying products.

edited December 2012

Cypherfox said:

Just a small note, Dogz, really enjoying all the clothes you have put out so far and especially appreciate that you concentrate on easy to mix-and-match, everyday clothes and you always add special movement/correction morphs where they make sense. I am really getting tired of certain vendors getting a bit 'sloppy' (intentional or not intentional) when it comes to that or on the rigging part, so appreciate the effort you put into your clothes.

Certainly, you are not the only vendor putting in that effort, just felt this needs to be saying as this is a top-selling point for me when buying products.

I agree Dogz has done a brilliant job with the clothes! I have noticed an influx of clothing lately that has a lack of logical correctional fix morphs and morphs as well. I've became very hesitant to buy clothing for that reason. Great job Dogz Lovin your work :)

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 2,012
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

My product fixes the teeth issues on my morphs as well as put Justin and Julie more in proportion with the other DAZ characters. I posted a render with the height comparison between M5 and Justin and my Justin morphs. The other shows the jaggy teeth issue is fixed.

Teeth_Fixed.jpg
    700 x 910 - 409K
    Height_comparison.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 407K
    edited December 1969

Well done man! I'm really liking your teens! And they are very nicely defined too. The fix will be a big help! I'm hoping it was an unintended bug in the two base products.

Looking forward to your packs release! It will be mine :cheese:

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Well done man! I'm really liking your teens! And they are very nicely defined too. The fix will be a big help! I'm hoping it was an unintended bug in the two base products.

Well my fix only affects my morphs... can't fix stuff that isn't mine, however it shouldn't be hard for them to fix. I think the issue is when you export genesis using the wrong settings. Morphs have to exported at "base" (can add 0 subdivisions just to be safe). I think the morphs were repeatedly exported and imported at "high resolution, zero subdivisions"... so the teeth get messed up after a while. I did on a morph one time, luckily I didn't like the way it was coming out so I discarded it, but it's important how you export genesis so you're working directly with the subdivision cage.

edited December 1969

Oooo, I guessing it wont be so simple of a fix for Daz then. I wonder how much it affected the definition of the body at the same time? Cos it wouldn't be just the teeth that were affected I assume.

Also - Back to your pack, are you spill some more previews or a preview thread before its release? :cheese: I'm lovin what I've seen! The portraits were fantastic too! Also, I found it funny that after all this time, we discussed teens, you were in on the content for them. Gave me a smile when the PC Previews appeared lol

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Also - Back to your pack, are you spill some more previews or a preview thread before its release? :cheese: I'm lovin what I've seen! The portraits were fantastic too!

In promo hell right now. :(

Hopefully I can finish those today.

Also, I found it funny that after all this time, we discussed teens, you were in on the content for them. Gave me a smile when the PC Previews appeared lol

Yeah, ya'll gotta learn to be a bit more patient. ;) Still think your teens are good as well, as well as that outfit... wouldn't mind getting a copy of that. :)

edited December 1969

Thanks man! I started to add some justin to him as a trial, but to be honest, I find I'm rather happy with him as is lol The last month I've actually been aging him towards the 15-16 target, but trying to keep a shortness stature about him at the same time. Funny because it's been easier for me to make him younger. I'm considering creating a FBM based on him.

The outfit is coming together, I'm just so limited with time lately that my progress has slowed. I'm getting into subdivision, I find it really adds to that realism, and helps everything to flow nicely... I'm just trying to balance the poly count with the SubD for good detailed geometry. Biggest thing I wish to accomplish is realism in close ups not just long shots.

On your previews - I would have thought that would be fun for you to do... I cant wait to have my items ready for Promos, kinda like meditation after a war with vertices's and polygons and UV mapping lol

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

On your previews - I would have thought that would be fun for you to do... I cant wait to have my items ready for Promos, kinda like meditation after a war with vertices's and polygons and UV mapping lol

I'm backlogged on what I need to do, so the promos have to pretty much serve as the previews.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 5,536
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Well my fix only affects my morphs... can't fix stuff that isn't mine, however it shouldn't be hard for them to fix. I think the issue is when you export genesis using the wrong settings. Morphs have to exported at "base" (can add 0 subdivisions just to be safe). I think the morphs were repeatedly exported and imported at "high resolution, zero subdivisions"... so the teeth get messed up after a while. I did on a morph one time, luckily I didn't like the way it was coming out so I discarded it, but it's important how you export genesis so you're working directly with the subdivision cage.

That's my thinking. Teeth will not shrink like that without multiple times in and our of ZBrush. I've found that by grouping and masking the teeth during morphing keeps them safe from such horrid deformations. But it's all a learning process and as I've stated Thorne does excellent work so perhaps he/she will be unhappily surprised when returning from vacation to find this glaring issue awaiting a fix.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 1,165
    edited December 2012

Here is another render of J & J. I love the Mall Girl outfit. Thanks, Dogz!

(I just downloaded the "stopgap" :cheese: tooth fix from ShareCG and haven't tried it yet.)

youngteens1.jpg
    1143 x 1500 - 494K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 3,483
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:

(I just downloaded the "stopgap" :cheese: tooth fix from ShareCG and haven't tried it yet.)

Which ShareCG item are you going to try?

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 801
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Luci45 said:

Which ShareCG item are you going to try?

I assume this one

Teeth Morph Adjustments- Genesis Teens DS4.5

edited December 1969

...thank you for the link.

• edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/13808/ - The teen teeth thread. :) The morph is around page 4, but there's other info there too, like an image using the Hitomi (sp?) to fix the teeth, and others :)

• Cybersox13Cybersox13 Posts: 3,116
    edited December 1969

Been posting Julie renders in the official render thread, but I posted an early teen test a ways back, and this is where it finally evolved. 90% Satsuki, with a little K4 and SP4. Unbelievable... after how many years without a single viable teen to replace Luke and Laura, we get three of them in a single month.

Satsuki_-_Teen_Adventurer_SM.jpg
    1440 x 1066 - 352K