For users of DAZ History Manager

1246711

Comments

  • estheresther Posts: 473
    edited December 1969

    oh, well you should let tao know about that one. What a pain! DAZ has become very hard work. I've employed a secretary to help me.

  • TaozenTaozen Posts: 2,123
    edited November 2012

    Haruchai said:
    Has DAZ changed the DSON page address again? Haven't been able to get a list for over 24hrs, coincidentally from the time Black November kicked off. I am getting a 'not currently available, try again later' message.

    I suspect they've messed up something - the URL still exists but there's something else there now:

    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all

    Post edited by Taozen on
  • Cybersox13Cybersox13 Posts: 2,978
    edited December 1969

    Taozen said:
    Haruchai said:
    Has DAZ changed the DSON page address again? Haven't been able to get a list for over 24hrs, coincidentally from the time Black November kicked off. I am getting a 'not currently available, try again later' message.

    I suspect they've messed up something - the URL still exists but there's something else there now:

    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all

    It am no messed up! Daz Store is run by BIzzarro Programmers. Anything that work, they must break... that are just good BIzzarro service. Yes?

  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 264
    edited December 1969

    Taozen said:
    Haruchai said:
    Has DAZ changed the DSON page address again? Haven't been able to get a list for over 24hrs, coincidentally from the time Black November kicked off. I am getting a 'not currently available, try again later' message.

    I suspect they've messed up something - the URL still exists but there's something else there now:

    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all

    Not sure...actually that is the DSON items as far as I can see. I kept a seperate Excel record of that category and it's all there. Just not sure why DHM can't see it.

  • TaozenTaozen Posts: 2,123
    edited November 2012

    Haruchai said:
    Taozen said:
    Haruchai said:
    Has DAZ changed the DSON page address again? Haven't been able to get a list for over 24hrs, coincidentally from the time Black November kicked off. I am getting a 'not currently available, try again later' message.

    I suspect they've messed up something - the URL still exists but there's something else there now:

    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all

    Not sure...actually that is the DSON items as far as I can see. I kept a seperate Excel record of that category and it's all there. Just not sure why DHM can't see it.

    Hm, looks like you're right, actually. They've just changed the title tag which is what the program uses to ID the pages. Here's an update that should fix it:

    http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/updates/dazhm-a0538a.zip

    Post edited by Taozen on
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 264
    edited December 1969

    Thanks, your service is as excellent as your program. Leaving the house now but will try it later.

    Thanks again :)

  • KeryaKerya Posts: 7,186
    edited December 1969

    Works! :)
    Thank you!!!

  • randym77randym77 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Is anyone else having a problem with DAZ History Manager? It used to miss the occasional product, but lately it's not finding anything I purchased recently. Weird, because it used to work so well.

  • Cybersox13Cybersox13 Posts: 2,978
    edited December 1969

    randym77 said:
    Is anyone else having a problem with DAZ History Manager? It used to miss the occasional product, but lately it's not finding anything I purchased recently. Weird, because it used to work so well.

    Have you updated the program with the most recent version? Or bought a lot of bundles? Anything purchased in those doesn't show up except under the bundle name... hence the constant need to refer to the fun with bundles page. http://home.arcor.de/familie.reichow/3D/fwb1.html

  • randym77randym77 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    I am using the latest version, and no, it's not bundled items that are the problem. Basically, I'm not getting anything bought since September.

  • SpitSpit Posts: 1,584
    edited December 2012

    randym77 said:
    Is anyone else having a problem with DAZ History Manager? It used to miss the occasional product, but lately it's not finding anything I purchased recently. Weird, because it used to work so well.

    Interesting. After reading your message I did some checking and am finding the same thing. Lately I've mainly been purchasing only new items but I had noticed a problem with a couple files a month ago and just filed it away in my head because I wasn't sure if it was me or the program.

    As I'm testing I'm finding that after about the first few days in October new purchases I've hunted for aren't showing up. I'm running version 0.538 and updated the database just a couple of nights ago again.

    Let me add that the files don't appear in the database even though when it does the update the total count it's processing does increment and seems right. The items just aren't actually getting in the db.

    Post edited by Spit on
  • randym77randym77 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Thanks, at least I know it's not just me.

    Dunno if this is related, but the stuff I bought in September is listed in duplicate. I didn't buy the times twice - the order numbers and dates are the same. They're just listed twice.

  • SpitSpit Posts: 1,584
    edited December 2012

    randym77 said:
    Thanks, at least I know it's not just me.

    Dunno if this is related, but the stuff I bought in September is listed in duplicate. I didn't buy the times twice - the order numbers and dates are the same. They're just listed twice.

    I haven't found any dupes like that in September yet. Were they purchased on a single date? Maybe DAZ had a hiccup somewhere and duplicated invoices. I vaguely remember something like that, not sure, and will have to check.

    Post edited by Spit on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 1,584
    edited December 1969

    Well, I've got everything in the DB now.

    I checked the .csv file in the data folder and noticed the last updated date on the file was October 12 2012.

    I've updated several times since then.

    So I renamed the csv to csv.bak and updated the history again and when I scrolled through the list this time the numbering matched the number it reported it had processed.

    I hit 'save/update history' and the new database was created.

    I'm getting the sneaky feeling I haven't been hitting the 'save/update' history button when I update since October 10. :( Though it's rather strange that I was hitting that button before and suddenly forgot to do it anymore.

    Anyway, problem solved here anyway.

  • TaozenTaozen Posts: 2,123
    edited December 1969

    Not sure what can be causing this. I can't reproduce it myself.

    But the number of lines in the CSV file should match the number of items it downloads, plus 1.

  • randym77randym77 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Spit said:
    I checked the .csv file in the data folder and noticed the last updated date on the file was October 12 2012.

    I've updated several times since then.

    So I renamed the csv to csv.bak and updated the history again and when I scrolled through the list this time the numbering matched the number it reported it had processed.

    Where is the data folder?

    I'm getting the sneaky feeling I haven't been hitting the 'save/update' history button when I update since October 10. :( Though it's rather strange that I was hitting that button before and suddenly forgot to do it anymore.

    I don't usually do that. I could never get it to work right. I get "nothing to save, please download current history first." So I download the current history, and try again, and get the same error message.

    But it never mattered, because I'd just download the current history, search it, and not save it. Since I shop a lot, I kinda had to download the current history every time anyway. But now it's not working.

  • TaozenTaozen Posts: 2,123
    edited December 1969

    BTW, I've discovered something strange. When you click the "Log In Browser" button it's supposed to auto-login, i.e. automatically open the DAZ login page, fill in the fields and trigger the log in button, and then show the "Account Dashboard" page.

    On the machine I use for developing the program it works allright, but on another, identical machine with the same OS (XP 32) it doesn't work. It doesn't fill in the fields or trigger the login button on the DAZ login page, as it should. The page just jumps a bit whenever I click the browser login button, like this video shows:

    http://taosoft.dk/temp/hm_browserlogin01

    I also have Win 7 Ultimate 64 on the second machine, and auto-login doesn't work there either. I've been testing the program many times on a previous Win 7 installation on that machine, and I'm sure it worked allright there, so this is a bit of a mystery to me.

    Anyone else experiencing this? I imagine that some may not know that the browser is supposed to auto-login and therefore fill in the fields and click the login button themselves, and therefore haven't reported it

  • Cybersox13Cybersox13 Posts: 2,978
    edited December 1969

    randym77 said:
    Spit said:
    I checked the .csv file in the data folder and noticed the last updated date on the file was October 12 2012.

    I've updated several times since then.

    So I renamed the csv to csv.bak and updated the history again and when I scrolled through the list this time the numbering matched the number it reported it had processed.

    Where is the data folder?

    In the folder you unzipped DHM to, you'll see a sub folder called "Data." Open that and you'll see the csv... which can then be opened in Excel and copied off as a regular spreadsheet. Add in the missing items from the FWBundles page, and you've got a pretty reliable record of all your Daz purchases. (I keep both my DHM and the excel sheet on a Jump drive so I can move it from computer to computer, just in case I have to order something while traveling.)

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 15,777
    edited December 1969

    ..yeah I'm on XP 32 and have to manually fill in the username/password fields every time.

    A bit of a bother but a small one compared to the benefits the utility offers. Being able to reset DLs for multiple items rather than one at a time is a huge time saver.

  • TaozenTaozen Posts: 2,123
    edited December 1969

    randym77 said:

    I don't usually do that. I could never get it to work right. I get "nothing to save, please download current history first." So I download the current history, and try again, and get the same error message.

    But it never mattered, because I'd just download the current history, search it, and not save it. Since I shop a lot, I kinda had to download the current history every time anyway. But now it's not working.

    It does that if you use some of the ofher functions before saving the downloaded data. You must save the data right after downloading them, before doing anything else.

  • TaozenTaozen Posts: 2,123
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ..yeah I'm on XP 32 and have to manually fill in the username/password fields every time.

    OK, thanks. Have to look into this then as it probably happens to others as well.

  • randym77randym77 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Taozen said:
    It does that if you use some of the ofher functions before saving the downloaded data. You must save the data right after downloading them, before doing anything else.

    Thanks, that appears to have fixed my problem. Even those weird duplicates went away.

  • TaozenTaozen Posts: 2,123
    edited December 2012

    The browser auto-login in History Manager should have been fixed now, so it should work on all machines. If the login fields in the left side of the program are filled in, the browser should now log in automatically when you click the "Log In Browser" button.

    Updated version can be downloaded here:

    http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/updates/dazhm-a0539a.zip

    Post edited by Taozen on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 15,777
    edited December 2012

    ...many thanks.

    [edit]...seems a simple "thank you" is considered spam by this crappy forum software.


    [rant]The more I deal with things like this the less of an "improvement" it seems, I mean, Isn't an "upgrade" is supposed "improve" not detract form the user's experience?"[/rant]

    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TaozenTaozen Posts: 2,123
    edited December 1969

    Yea, I doubt that many spam messages just contain the words "thank you". Besides, such a filter should only work for new users, not for people who have been posting for months or years.

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,397
    edited December 1969

    Taozen said:
    Yea, I doubt that many spam messages just contain the words "thank you". Besides, such a filter should only work for new users, not for people who have been posting for months or years.



    You would actually be surprised to find out how often it does happen.

  • TaozenTaozen Posts: 2,123
    edited December 1969

    chohole said:
    Taozen said:
    Yea, I doubt that many spam messages just contain the words "thank you". Besides, such a filter should only work for new users, not for people who have been posting for months or years.



    You would actually be surprised to find out how often it does happen.

    That a spam message only contains a "thank you"?

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,397
    edited December 1969

    Taozen said:
    chohole said:
    Taozen said:
    Yea, I doubt that many spam messages just contain the words "thank you". Besides, such a filter should only work for new users, not for people who have been posting for months or years.



    You would actually be surprised to find out how often it does happen.

    That a spam message only contains a "thank you"?

    Yes. The spam will then be in the signature bar. As a live link taking you straight to a site.

  • Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 543
    edited December 2012

    Taozen said:
    The browser auto-login in History Manager should have been fixed now, so it should work on all machines. If the login fields in the left side of the program are filled in, the browser should now log in automatically when you click the "Log In Browser" button.

    Updated version can be downloaded here:

    http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/updates/dazhm-a0539a.zip


    It did that already on my machine. I'm sorry I didn't reply at your first post about this auto login but somehow I didn't receive notifications anymore :(
    Anyhow, it works fantastic, all of them do. Your contentdownloader saves me a lot of time, thank you very, very much!! Now only DAZ has to continue the naming as it had for the MAC and the PC items! Now your program can't find all the mac-files (I'm on a windows machine) to filter them out. My downloadable products have reached 195 items again! (only because reset in the History Manager works great!! ;) )

    Oh, I'm using the downloader at renderosity also now and there too it works like a charm, even with the few things I get it's much easier. :)
    And I forgot to test them at RDNA, next time I'll remember.

    Love, Jeanne
    edited to ask: Is it maybe possible the password wil stay in the content downloader also? TIA

    Post edited by Jeanne M on
  • TaozenTaozen Posts: 2,123
    edited December 2012

    chohole said:
    Taozen said:
    chohole said:
    Taozen said:
    Yea, I doubt that many spam messages just contain the words "thank you". Besides, such a filter should only work for new users, not for people who have been posting for months or years.



    You would actually be surprised to find out how often it does happen.

    That a spam message only contains a "thank you"?

    Yes. The spam will then be in the signature bar. As a live link taking you straight to a site.

    OK. But then you could tag the link and block all posts with that signature link.

    And the filter should only work on new account, regular users usually don't spam.

    Besides, I don't think I've ever seen a spam post here, are there actually any? If there are, it can't be many.

    Post edited by Taozen on
Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel