Men... men, MEN! And more MEN!!... The prodigal sons have returned...

Comments

• EstroyerEstroyer Posts: 1,811
    edited December 1969

Mercedesk said:
    Estroyer said:
    Haha, I have one with a guitar as well!
    I am curious if anyone recognizes him...

I see that P tattoo on his arm, so he's M5 - altered. Cool scene!

Teehee, thanks!
    LOL Yeah that is M5 indeed...but I was aiming for someone else...a celebrity XD
    I really liked that little P, I just had to use it ^^

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 346
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    Mercedesk said:
    Estroyer said:
    Haha, I have one with a guitar as well!
    I am curious if anyone recognizes him...

I see that P tattoo on his arm, so he's M5 - altered. Cool scene!

Teehee, thanks!
    LOL Yeah that is M5 indeed...but I was aiming for someone else...a celebrity XD
    I really liked that little P, I just had to use it ^^

Hmmmm... I tried, you got me. Maybe I haven't been exposed to this particular one. *Shrug* ;-)

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 1,461
    edited December 1969

Since I've been doing so much elsewhere in which Lochlan dresses down, and Brock wears what he has on in the second image (only more of it), I thought I'd mix it up a little. (Though Brock apparently still has a thing for skirt-like clothing. Big as he is, I'm not hugely surprised; I didn't realize what a wall of muscle he was until I tried putting him in clothes. Even some of the Genesis clothes just sort of gave up the ghost; I guess not everything has the right sort of morphs in it to cope with a seriously outsized figure, even with smoothing and collision.)

First, Lochlan and Brock waiting for a train in Neo Station. I'm beginning to get rather fond of point-cloud occlusion/scripted 3Delight render, even if I don't have the slightest idea what it's actually doing.

Second, Brock watching Lochlan rehearse for a rather ... different number. (Actually, I really like how that image came out, for some reason.)

lochlan-ropedance-danceacademy-01.png
    1184 x 872 - 1M
    lochlan-brock-neostation-01-pointcloudocclusion.png
    1044 x 872 - 1M
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 5,993
    edited December 1969

Because it's a very nice job of lighting on the second one? That must've taken some time. :D

edited December 1969

Because it's a very nice job of lighting on the second one? That must've taken some time. :D

Thought I'd posted a response to this last night, but apparently my browser et it.

I'm trying to work up some sort of consistent light set for Dance Studio -- the base set has no lighting of its own -- but that's not it. The lighting for that scene is a linear point parented to the fluorescent bulb (and which clearly isn't working properly, because there's no reflection in the mirror) and the 3DS Sublime Studio Lights from RDNA (NOTE: Mildly NSFW images in that link.) I bought them back when I first got started with Studio, never used them and forgot about them until a couple of days ago. I started experimenting with them and thought it was an interesting effect for the room.

Neo Station, which does have its own lights, was actually a LOT more work. For some reason -- maybe because the station is cavernous and the lights are far away -- I couldn't get the lights to show shadows in normal 3Delight mode. Without shadows, there's just enough ambient and reflection from the floor that the characters look like they're floating over it, rather than standing on it. Throwing it into point-cloud occlusion mode in scripted 3Delight was more or less a last ditch measure that paid off.

edited December 1969

I love that pose from the acrobatic guy!
    And I like your city view as well.
    Where do you get your backgrounds from?

I got a sale mail from RDNA and found this:
    http://www.runtimedna.com/ToolBoiComplete.html

On sale and erm...very artistic looking...I have tons of iddeas what to do with that bundle!

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 620
    edited December 2012

ToolBoi is a must-have and a no-brainer at that price. The set is totally awesome, as is the bad kitteh who made it :D

Post edited by araneldon on
    edited December 2012

araneldon said:
    ToolBoi is a must-have and a no-brainer at that price. The set is totally awesome, as is the bad kitteh who made it :D

I saw that the sale ends today so I am purchasing it now as we speak!

EDIT

Pfieuw!
    RDNA gave me a scare!
    It wouldn't accept my Paypal payment...after a few tries it apparantly changed it mind seeing how desperate I wanted the Boi bundles XD

Post edited by Estroyer on
    edited December 2012

Estroyer said:
    I love that pose from the acrobatic guy!
    And I like your city view as well.
    Where do you get your backgrounds from?

Thanks! The backgrounds just came with another couple sets. 3-D-C/pgmeri at Renderosity makes a few sets -- Photo Studio, Apartment, Nice Places -- that have windows with day and night outdoor backgrounds. I think the DAZ Apartment 39 set also has backgrounds -- a very old New York background, I think -- that can be useful.

Other than that, you can find some royalty-free city skylines out there; just put that image on a primitive plane in the diffuse channel on the Surfaces tab, put it into position where you need the view to be, and you're ready to go. The advantage of that approach is that if you need your scene to be set in a particular city, you can find the skyline/scenery to match.

I got a sale mail from RDNA and found this:
    http://www.runtimedna.com/ToolBoiComplete.html

On sale and erm...very artistic looking...I have tons of iddeas what to do with that bundle!

Oh, yes. One of the really nice discoveries about Studio 4.5, as opposed to 4.0, is that it leaves the Toolboi morphs intact, and when the morphs are intact, Autofit and/or weightmap/Asset Transfer on those items actually works. (The set got mauled by 4.0 autofit and transfer.) When she was looking to release Toolboi here, Badkittehco said that she would do a later Genesis version; when that didn't work out and she took it to RDNA instead, the Genesis version just didn't happen. So it's really nice to discover that it can be used that way.

All I have to do, when I get around to it and want to make it look more realistic, is find some actual tools for the toolbelt.

calebm4shimizu-toolboi-02.png
    1390 x 872 - 2M
    Post edited by vwrangler on
  • ShaaeliaShaaelia Posts: 623
    edited December 1969

ToolBoi looks like a brilliant set... looking forward to getting that one :-)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 5,313
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reminder about ToolBoi... been wanting that and with the RuntimeDNA sale right now.... $19.00 for such a comprehensive set .... yea, that's a steel. I'm going to refit all of the pieces except for the boots to Genesis. There are other work boots I can use for that part.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Thanks for the reminder about ToolBoi... been wanting that and with the RuntimeDNA sale right now.... $19.00 for such a comprehensive set .... yea, that's a steel. I'm going to refit all of the pieces except for the boots to Genesis. There are other work boots I can use for that part.

Yeah, there's a set of workboots here at DAZ for Genesis that I used. By the by, I did the transfer for the Hardhat as both wardrobe/follower and prop/head, to make it easier to deal with some hair, if needed.

Forgot to mention: there's also a set of poses called "Toolman" by Ensary at RDNA that kind of goes with the set. Some of the poses are even meant to look functional, if you have the equipment -- shovels and jackhammers and other stuff. Most of which is even available at ShareCG or Renderosity free stuff. And they transfer well with Posemaster, if you want.

edited December 1969

I just wanted the set for the sexy jumpsuit and shorts! :P

edited December 1969

I need to go out in a min. But I have a site or two with free tools. I'll look them up after I get home!

edited December 1969

Found this thread:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/625/

And I will add a list of my own.
    See last page of that thread!

• aminrougeaminrouge Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I like the Xaas-Victorian-Toolkit-for-Poser.

• BiakoBiako Posts: 309
    edited December 1969

Kind of a work in progress of a character I'm making (or actually revising) for fantasy render purposes. :)

I've named him Loxley.

elf_prince.jpg
    1214 x 2000 - 2M
    edited December 1969

YUMMY! All your stuff is yummy Cagnazzo. Saw one of your renders of the King of the Seven Seas (Aquaman) in some sexy "Hero's Art" slideshow I saw recently!! :-)

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,077
    edited December 1969

This is a render from last month, based upon a roleplaying game character of mine, Felix Denk.

Constructive (please) criticism is welcome. There are many issues I am aware of already but I can't be bothered listing them all. Most notably is the hand pose with the pistol in it, I'm not happy with that, and the fact that there's very little else happening in the scene.

FelixDenk1.png
    1920 x 1440 - 4M
    edited December 2012

Estroyer said:
    Found this thread:

Estroyer, thanks for the list. It looks like it will be very useful!

Just wondering, anyone know if SAV's new guy is based on anyone in particular? He doesn't look familiar to me, but then, the references aren't always as well known to me or as obvious as, say, Mitchell or Eros or Boris or Lucien. (I have to admit, I get slightly weirded out by doing renders with likenesses of living celebrities sometimes.)

I keep thinking the name ought to be a clue, but then, I've got another "Alpha" who, aside from technically being a blond, doesn't look like that guy at all, so.

This guy is also already Genesisisified, so I don't have to sit there and hammer away at GenX until he finally makes it through, which is nice.

(They also updated Spartacos for 4.5 and DSON; I wonder if they'll be doing the same things with Atlas and Lynn, which they also provided Genesis versions with originally.)

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    YUMMY! All your stuff is yummy Cagnazzo. Saw one of your renders of the King of the Seven Seas (Aquaman) in some sexy "Hero's Art" slideshow I saw recently!! :-)

Thanks! ^_^

He has obvious influences, as you might've noticed from the shield :)

And yeah, I've posted Aquaman up in several different locales. As a matter of fact, I posted him in the superhero thread as well, but he kind of got lost in the shuffle with everyone else posting tons of great renders as well.

This is a render from last month, based upon a roleplaying game character of mine, Felix Denk.

Constructive (please) criticism is welcome. There are many issues I am aware of already but I can't be bothered listing them all. Most notably is the hand pose with the pistol in it, I'm not happy with that, and the fact that there's very little else happening in the scene.

Nice render. You should check out Police Officer for Genesis.

It comes with an additional gun pose that's pretty handy (no pun intended :)

Just wondering, anyone know if SAV's new guy is based on anyone in particular? He doesn't look familiar to me, but then, the references aren't always as well known to me or as obvious as, say, Mitchell or Eros or Boris or Lucien. (I have to admit, I get slightly weirded out by doing renders with likenesses of living celebrities sometimes.)

I keep thinking the name ought to be a clue, but then, I've got another "Alpha" who, aside from technically being a blond, doesn't look like that guy at all, so.

This guy is also already Genesisisified, so I don't have to sit there and hammer away at GenX until he finally makes it through, which is nice.

(They also updated Spartacos for 4.5 and DSON; I wonder if they'll be doing the same things with Atlas and Lynn, which they also provided Genesis versions with originally.)

Yeah I saw him earlier. I have absolutely no clue who he's supposed to be... But I did purchase him anyway. But overall the textures look fantastic as well.

edited December 1969

vwrangler said:
    Estroyer said:
    Found this thread:

Estroyer, thanks for the list. It looks like it will be very useful!

Looking at the morph itself, he looks to me a little like a modern, more mature Brad Pitt, but I'm not sure the texture fits him if that's the case. Though in all honesty I haven't looked that closely at Mr Pitt to know what his complexion is like!

Anyone else think this? Maybe I'm talking rubbish.

edited December 1969

Nice render. You should check out Police Officer for Genesis.

It comes with an additional gun pose that's pretty handy (no pun intended :)

Thanks for that. Looks like a good set in general regardless of the gun pose. Spent my budget for this month though (and more!) so will have to wait.

Of course, AFTER I did this render I got the Gun Pose Construction Set, and there's a pose that looks very similar! It's for M4, not Genesis but it still works on Gen, I've tried it.

edited December 1969

A bit more of the same guy up above (who I'm using now as a multipurpose morph :)...

Here he is as a wolfman concept.

running_man_wolf1.jpg
    1545 x 2000 - 2M
    edited December 2012

Decided to try a semi-quick (relatively speaking) test render in Lux of both of the Alpha guys that I have. I picked up SAV's Alpha Male M5 (left) during their sale that just ended, and Project Alpha (right, by PureEnergy and OKCRandy) a while back.

Now that I've worked with him a little, I'm beginning to wonder if maybe AlphaMale was something that SAV tried that didn't quite work the way they intended. It is very odd that he doesn't come with a completely bald texture -- the stubbly head and painted public hair is the only option for him. There's also something off with his rigging; expression morphs tend to move his lips without moving his teeth or the rest of his mouth at all. That said, his underpinnings, so to speak, are a bit better than Mitchell's -- he's got a genuine bump map and displacement, even if the displacement for his body is nothing but a noise map. As smooth as he is, he really doesn't need more displacement than that, if that. (Mitchell's diffuse texture strikes me as being much better, though.) The textures themselves are M4 UV rather than M5, while his body uses the M5 shapes, but that's nothing unusual.

Don't regret having purchased the character, especially for half off, but he is a bit ... odd.

Oh, Alpha Male M5 is wearing Luthbel's Highlander for Genesis (well ... parts of it) and SAV's Eros Short Hair, and Project Alpha has on Sickleyield's Necromancer (and again, parts of it) and SAV's Spartacos long hair. Hellboy Soto's posing background for the back and floor.

Don't ask me what Lux is doing with Alpha Male's eyes; they're supposed to be light brown, and I made certain not to use a version with reflections baked in -- that is, someone else's eyes altogether. All I can think is that having the light source directly in front of him made them react like that.

EDIT: Decided to also try a scripted 3Delight point cloud occlusion render. Still don't even vaguely understand what it does -- I know it adds its own occlusion light and it's a two-pass process, but beyond that? -- but I like the slightly cartoonic look it gives, even though I'm not using the cartoon shader. (Also this render somehow makes them both look ever so slightly insane.) Changed absolutely nothing else about the image but the render engine. Amazing the difference that makes.

alphas-03.png
    1044 x 872 - 543K
    alphas-02.png
    700 x 872 - 880K
  • gypsyangelgypsyangel Posts: 435
    edited December 1969

Jericho---a new M4 I'm working on...

coatofclaretvelvet-pst.jpg
    1244 x 1250 - 374K
    jericho-clean02.jpg
    1231 x 1200 - 264K
  • ErdehelErdehel Posts: 193
    edited December 1969

Awesome guy ;-P

• gypsyangelgypsyangel Posts: 435
    edited December 1969

Erdehel said:

Awesome guy ;-P

Thanks, much!! :D

He is shaping up really nicely... :)

edited December 1969

Well, I'm a happy camper!

Just a quick test render with Stoltz (the Older) for Genesis by Phoenix1966, new in the store today. Tried Guillaume hair on him, and Neftis is NOT kidding when she says that it takes a while to render. 10 minutes to get past his ears, even with the hair Ubersurfaced and invisible to raytracing.

stoltz-03.png
    699 x 872 - 471K
  • AriahAriah Posts: 87
    edited December 1969

Thought I'll have a go with M4 (whom I never actually grown fond of... until yesterday). Finally, after a day of tweaking I've managed to create a character that is all mine that I like.

Inspired by a certain pirate, I couldn't help myself.

Hope you like him.

hook09.jpg
    700 x 632 - 89K