script - mcjDropToTop - in a few clicks, move an object to the top of another

mCasualmCasual Posts: 3,655
edited November 2012 in Freebies

download and manual here:
https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/mcjdroptotop


Introduction

The idea for this script was suggested by TugPsx fro the Daz3D forums

Use
1 select the target, example, a table
2 select an object that will fall on the top of the bounding box of the Table, example, a cup
3 launch the mcjDropToTop script

the script will move the bottom of the bounding box of the cup to the top of the bounding box of the table

( this script was posted long ago, but i added thumbnail images and a PDF manual )

Post edited by mCasual on

Comments

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 8,044
    edited December 1969

    Thanks, I've been using this one and some of your others for a few months. I tried to follow your link to DeltaX15's MoveOrigin script in the forum, but the link only goes to a forum index for me, not a specific thread or post.

  • mCasualmCasual Posts: 3,655
    edited December 1969

    barbult said:
    Thanks, I've been using this one and some of your others for a few months. I tried to follow your link to DeltaX15's MoveOrigin script in the forum, but the link only goes to a forum index for me, not a specific thread or post.

    it was probably a link to the old Daz Forums

    so it must be in the archive ... let me see ... in google

    archived post is http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=40845

    download links mentioned in the archived post

    http://www.4shared.com/dir/722776/10801f63/DS_Scripts.html
    http://www.savefile.com/files/112075
    http://www.badongo.com/file/1468225

  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

    That's flipping awesome

  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited November 2012

    THIS KICKS ASS!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

    It works for FIGURES!!!! I can place them anywhere the scene and drop them onto whatever I want them to be standing on????? OWAHHOOOO!

    Post edited by wancow on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 8,044
    edited December 1969

    wancow said:
    THIS KICKS ASS!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

    It works for FIGURES!!!! I can place them anywhere the scene and drop them onto whatever I want them to be standing on????? OWAHHOOOO!


    Then you will also love mcjJump. Use it first to move your figure to the location of what it is supposed to stand on, then use mcjDrop to put the figure on top of it.
  • mCasualmCasual Posts: 3,655

    UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE 

    New in version 2

    You can now select the floor node through a dialog window, so the stringent selection order is now not stringent

    you can process a whole range of frame for your animations


    https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/mcjdroptotop

    here's other scripts to drop things or people onto floors and terrains

    https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts4/mcjrepeataction

    https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts5/mcjdroptoterrain

    https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts3/mcjshoesonfloor

    https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts3/mcjplaceunder

    smaldrop.jpg
    800 x 416 - 53K
  • mCasualmCasual Posts: 3,655

    UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE 

    New in version 2

    You can now select the floor node through a dialog window, so the stringent selection order is now not stringent

    you can process a whole range of frame for your animations


    https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/mcjdroptotop

    here's other scripts to drop things or people onto floors and terrains

    https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts4/mcjrepeataction

    https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts5/mcjdroptoterrain

    https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts3/mcjshoesonfloor

    https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts3/mcjplaceunder

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 8,044

    Thank you, Drop to Top is one of my favorites. I have it mapped to a custom action so I can get to it quickly from the Scripts menu.

  • mCasualmCasual Posts: 3,655
    edited March 2016

     if you are used to the one-click version, and want to continue using it that way,

    you'll need to rename the new one to something else, because i gave it  the same filename as the old one

    so at a minimum make sure you backup the old version before installing the new one

     

    the new version lets you select which of your 2 selected nodes is the floor

    i did this because i could never remember if i was supposed to select the floor first or second

     

     

    barbult said:

    Thank you, Drop to Top is one of my favorites. I have it mapped to a custom action so I can get to it quickly from the Scripts menu.

     

    Post edited by mCasual on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 8,044
    mCasual said:

     if you are used to the one-click version, and want to continue using it that way,

    you'll need to rename the new one to something else, because i gave it  the same filename as the old one

    so at a minimum make sure you backup the old version before installing the new one

     

    the new version lets you select which of your 2 selected nodes is the floor

    i did this because i could never remember if i was supposed to select the floor first or second

     

     

    barbult said:

    Thank you, Drop to Top is one of my favorites. I have it mapped to a custom action so I can get to it quickly from the Scripts menu.

     

    Having the extra flexibility to choose which drops to the other will be perfect. I won't have to be so careful when I select them.

  • sueyasueya Posts: 161

    I have just discovered your scripts mcasual and have been told that you have a script that places a figure in a chosen position or places it near a selected prop so that you could instantly sit a figure on a chair or lean them against a pillar for example. Please can you tell me which one I should use for this. I guess I could use the mcjJump and mcjDrop script to sit a figure on a chair.

     

  • mCasualmCasual Posts: 3,655
    sueya said:

    I have just discovered your scripts mcasual and have been told that you have a script that places a figure in a chosen position or places it near a selected prop so that you could instantly sit a figure on a chair or lean them against a pillar for example. Please can you tell me which one I should use for this. I guess I could use the mcjJump and mcjDrop script to sit a figure on a chair.

     

    i have a script that can move an object so that it's in front of the camera

    but i dont think i have a script that can create a pose like what you are saying

    https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts5/

  • dHandledHandle Posts: 585

    Hey, mcj, speaking of that "cometh here" script, (which I use all the time!), did that get broken or something recently?  After looking at this thread, I went in and experimented with "cometh here", in 2 different scene,s and....nothing.  The object I was trying to move didn't move.

    I have no idea what's up with it.

    Thanks!

     

  • mCasualmCasual Posts: 3,655

    It still works for me on Daz Studio 4.9 Pro

     

    Note that the installation package (.zip) contains 2 versions, one is for Daz Studio version 1 and 2 the other for version 3 and 4

    1. mcjComethHereDS1.ds
    2. mcjComethHere.dsa

    - the script will refuse to work if the object is a body part, depending on how Daz Studio is configured, you click on an arm once it selects the figure, you click the arm again and it selects the arm 

    - make sure the object/figure is selected, sometimes if you use the surface/material select tool , the object itself is not considered selected

    - make sure the xTranslate and the yTranslate channel of the object are not locked ( padlock icon in the parameters tab )

     

    unrelated

     

     




    Hey, mcj, speaking of that "cometh here" script, (which I use all the time!), did that get broken or something recently?  After looking at this thread, I went in and experimented with "cometh here", in 2 different scene,s and....nothing.  The object I was trying to move didn't move.

    I have no idea what's up with it.

    Thanks!

     

     

Sign In or Register to comment.