DSON performance in Poser on Mac
So, I've purchased a bunch of genesis stuff. I really like how the characters pose/bend much better. I love the faces I can make with all the morph add-ons. And the usability of the morphs transferring to all characters is really clutch, as is the automatic match of morphs on clothing is great. but...
I'm having horrific performance troubles. I have a Mac, OS X 10.8.2 2012 vintage, 16 GB, quad core. The memory is ample, and the CPU is never being threatened, but put a couple of pieces of clothing on my character and it grinds to a pathetic, aggravating halt. Its not being constrained by the hardware - its DSON and Poser. CPU and Memory is not even being threatened.
1) Load M5 character. morph to my heart's content. everything appears normal. Love it, makes me buy more.
Then I start to use it...
2) Run the script to turn sub-divisions off (doesn't really appear to make a difference, but I do it just in case)
3) Add pants (Bobbie25 Preppy Pants). Conform to my character. Run the script to turn off subdivisions again.
so far, so good. looks good, performance is just a tiny bit off. Just rotate the camera, or pan a little bit and you see a sub-second drag.
4) add the shirt (Bobbie25 Preppy Shirt). [slow] conform to my character [really really slow]. run the script to turn off subdivisions again, just in case it is character specific.
now, performance drags unconscionably slow. all you have to do is rotate the camera. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. seconds and you can do the next thing. pan the camera. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. seconds later you can do the next thing. Try to turn a dial (bend thigh). 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. seconds later - you've only affected the thing by 1 point. This is aggravating.
So how do you deal with this? I'm thinking you have to load your character, pose it into a position, load it into a scene, and pray that you got the pose correct, otherwise its another 15 minutes of manipulation! then take a few minutes I would guess ten at the minimum to load the clothing on it!
Ok, you want more pain?
5) load the vest (Bobbie25 Preppy shirt). [I gave up keeping time. It takes a effing long time.] conform to my character. [even more effing time]
go ahead, try and move that thigh. just try and slide the dial. no luck. spinning circle of pain makes you wait many, many seconds.
So, I'm at a loss. I love the idea, the usability of genesis and all these really cool morphs - but I can't give up the performance. I need my productivity back. I am ready to ask form my money back, purge these files from my hard drive, and go back to trying to the constraints and drawbacks of M4.
unless....can some one tell me what they did to fix this? Does this work better on PC/Is this just a Mac issue?