Luke and Laura for Genesis, Genesis Teen Renders

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,080
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    @Westland44 - 15 or 16? :) But it's hard to know from appearances alone... We all grow at different rates, genetics and individuality play a big part in growth. When I was still at school Ive been friends with many that were 15 and looked like they were ten.... and 15 and looked like they were 20. I think you've done a great job with him, I like him :)

I've also found that texture choice can also greatly affect the perceived age of a 3d character too, as with hair as well.

15 or 16? With that face, the guy looks almost 25. :-/

• Westland44Westland44 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have always had trouble estimating people's ages but know some who are very good at it.

Skin, hair, clothing and their way of standing and moving are clearly important and not just shape and proportions.

I have tried two different textures in an effort to produce a younger face.

How old now?

Ken-texture2.jpg
    1199 x 719 - 157K
    edited November 2012

I have always had trouble estimating people's ages but know some who are very good at it.

Skin, hair, clothing and their way of standing and moving are clearly important and not just shape and proportions.

How old now?

Still too old. The faces themselves are a bit too developed.

Every time I make boys, I always a make it a point to smooth out the jaw curve and angle. Facial roundness is also a big factor; the rounder a male's face is, the more babyish, and therefor younger it looks. However, sometimes if done right, reducing the roundness can actually help youthenize a male face. And of course, actually adding youth to the face directly helps, among other things.

Basic_Teen_Boy_Formula.png
    681 x 609 - 83K
    Basic_Teen_Boy_Head.jpg
    638 x 696 - 164K
    Basic_Teen_Boy.jpg
    638 x 696 - 79K
    Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,923
    edited November 2012

How old now?

What age are you aiming for? This has a big influence on advice and tips... Are you using a reference photo?

Texture can play a part in the perceived age of a character, but largely, you will want a suitable male texture that has little or no facial hair (Again, this depends on the target age) I would avoid using the basic child texture, I think it has degraded the realism of your character (It is a basic sort of texture). I tend to dabble with Hiro4 textures for male teens and kids. Many M4 textures are too hairy or have strong facial hair development.

Cool character RC :)

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • GoneGone Posts: 629
    edited December 1969

Here's a couple built off the Dryden morph. It only needed minor tweaks to change the apparent age.

H5BoyTeenChar.jpg
    1200 x 1800 - 518K
    H5BoyChar.jpg
    1200 x 1800 - 499K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 2,521
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

How old now?

What age are you aiming for? This has a big influence on advice and tips... Are you using a reference photo?

Texture can play a part in the perceived age of a character, but largely, you will want a suitable male texture that has little or no facial hair (Again, this depends on the target age) I would avoid using the basic child texture, I think it has degraded the realism of your character (It is a basic sort of texture). I tend to dabble with Hiro4 textures for male teens and kids. Many M4 textures are too hairy or have strong facial hair development.

Cool character RC :)

Part of the problem In developing a teen figure is that they come in many shapes and sizes. I work in a p -9 school and while lack of facial hair is probably average there are many who are beginning to get stubble or bum fluff ,( at least that is what it is called here.)

My own son had to shave at fifteen and at twenty is able to grow a full beard, but all of my brothers had problems growing a beard into their late twenties. My husband had a full beard in high school and is very proud of the fact that he hasn't shaved it off since.
    I've also seen students at school who look similar to the picture shown...then consider all the different ethnicities. All the different facial shapes.

This is why having a genesis teen figure is so important. It will give us the base to springboard off and with all the shapes it would be easy to show a lot more variety.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 15,705
    edited December 1969

How old now?

Still too old. The faces themselves are a bit too developed.

Every time I make boys, I always a make it a point to smooth out the jaw curve and angle. Facial roundness is also a big factor; the rounder a male's face is, the more babyish, and therefor younger it looks. However, sometimes if done right, reducing the roundness can actually help youthenize a male face. And of course, actually adding youth to the face directly helps, among other things.

...really nice, Kind of looks like someone I actually know.

For girls, I find a little more roundness to the face works better. I actually use a bit of both the "Heart" & negative value on the "Chin Width" morphs so I an get a narrower softer chin profile.

I wish there was a young FBM for Genesis. For now I use the one from the V4 Morphs++ loaded through GenX.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

There's also a young face morph with Die Trying's 182 morph set.
    http://www.ShareCG.com/v/58198/view/21/DAZ-Studio/DieTryings-182-V4-Morphs-for-Genesis

edited November 2012

There is light at the end of the tunnel finally!

Skiriki spotted this in the new release readme's...

Mention of Julie
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/15411/start

Mention of Justin “Aaron for Genesis Young Teen Justin”
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/15406/start

This may be a bundle product under the name of Genesis young teens!

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • edited December 1969

Ooooh I nice bundle would be awesome :D

Andro

edited December 1969

Ooooh I nice bundle would be awesome :D

Andro

Oh YES!

edited December 1969

Here's Vyktohria's Reney... I tried to make her look about 13...
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/reney-for-v4-and-genesis/92646

ReneyChild.png
    469 x 591 - 179K
  • MurgatroydMurgatroyd Posts: 573
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    There is light at the end of the tunnel finally!

O frabjous day!

edited December 1969

Pardon me, ladies and gentlemen, but is that a Pro Bundle I smell coming from DAZ's kitchen? :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 15,705
    edited December 1969

...the thought of a Genesis Teen Pro Bundle makes me react like Pavlov's canine. [need a drool smiley here]

• Westland44Westland44 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The hair is here but not the faces.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/hair/jayden-fever-hairstyle

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 2,071
    edited December 1969

The promos were using Dryden for Hiro 5 in a number of the shots. I suspect that texture will work very nicely on the Justin figure as well.

edited December 1969

It has the fits for Justin-Julie so that's a good sign. So far no new read me's have appeared to my knowledge.

edited December 2012

30 pages! Nice! :-)

At least 30 pages says a lot more than 30 signatures for a failed petition... :down:

• timnaas_202ce12143timnaas_202ce12143 Posts: 75
    edited December 1969

There are some really nice formulas posted here. I really like RCDeschene Laura 5 settings. I played around with their settings and this is what I came up with. I don't have Stephanie 5 yet, so the face settings are slightly. Minor changes I added are as follows
    V5 Head .25
    Breast small .73
    NGMGe Areolae Front .25
    NGMGe Nipple .25
    Areolae .30
    Breast Dia (V4 Morph) -.3
    Chin Depth .95
    Chin Depth (V4 morphs) -1.06
    These next settings were from the Face resource kit by Thorme
    girl face .43
    Baby fat2 .22
    Baby fat .26
    The rest of the settings remained the same.
    I hope you don't mind me doing this cause I would like to used these setting (I will credit you for the setting)
    And those face resource kit for genesis by Thorme is a must have for doing young faces! I use them all the time.
    I have been playing around for quite a while coming up with good setting for kid and young teens for a while. Some can be viewed in my DA gallery, just search my name (timnaas) Comment and suggestions are always welcomed

Laura_5.jpg
    494 x 700 - 177K
  • andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 575
    edited December 1969

Jayden Hair has Bieber Fiever.

edited December 2012

Wow! Thanks! :-)

I love what you did with them! You should post that in my (dead) General Gen 5 Iconic Character Thread as your Laura 5. :)

edited December 1969

So, you have no problem with me using our setting then. I would like to do more renders of her and post over at DA (with credit) if you don't mine I truely like this little lady. I save your Luke settings as well and used the M5 David texture on him. Looks pretty good on him. Hard to find male textures that don't make them look to old for here age!

• dyretdyret Posts: 105
    edited December 1969

So... I saw a reference to transferring K4 morphs via D3D GenX plugin. Have anyone had any luck in transferring K4 morphs with Gen X? It worked in the first version, but doesn´t work for me at least since Studio 4.5.

edited December 1969

timnaas said:
    So, you have no problem with me using our setting then. I would like to do more renders of her and post over at DA (with credit) if you don't mine I truely like this little lady. I save your Luke settings as well and used the M5 David texture on him. Looks pretty good on him. Hard to find male textures that don't make them look to old for here age!

I'm just happy to hear that some one actually appreciates my formulas! :) If DAZ can't promise you a full Millennium Family every generation, I most certainly will. :-)

I'm almost done whipping up a nice Maddie & Matt 5 screen, too! ;)

edited December 1969

OK, here is a portrait of RCDeschere's Laura 5 with the head settings I posted above! I don't know about you all, but I think personally she's pretty darn cute and pass for a 13 or 14 year old pretty easily!!!!
    Enjoy!

Lauras_portrait.jpg
    900 x 900 - 389K
  • MurgatroydMurgatroyd Posts: 573
    edited December 1969

She looks good. What texture and hair did you use?

edited December 1969

Agreed! I must know YOUR secret, now! :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 7,185
    edited December 1969

The hair looks like Alanis to me
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/alanis-hair/86047

I don't know about the skin.

edited December 1969

Yes, hair is Alanis, There's no secret here! I used your formula minus S5 head and added settings I posted in full render above! Skin in Victoriastyle by Vickie Vasquez Davalos skin resource with HSS applied and minor surfaces setting adjustments. Can't remember where or when I got it!
    Glad you like! I will have more of here posted at DA in the near future.