Men... men, MEN! And more MEN!!... The prodigal sons have returned...

Comments

• BiakoBiako Posts: 309
    edited December 1969

Wow, that outfit looks really hot Nemesis. And great pose! :)

Oh, and Kurt... that just looks awesome. Above and beyond.

I've missed out on most of this thread, I don't even know where to begin. So many amazing renders I'll have to look through later today ^_^

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 5,307
    edited December 1969

Me too, seems the system loves to unsubscribe folks but still show them as subscribed. Nice works folks! :-)

edited December 1969

Posted this guy in the superhero thread... but here's another version of my new pretty-boy Robin morph.

I also finished the textures and gave him a slight tan line :)

Robin_-_Boy_Wonder1.jpg
    2000 x 1723 - 2M
    edited December 1969

YUMMY! How do you achieve the leg texture like that with the porous effect? Looks like a very convincing mans shaved legs sort of look. I like that!

• ShaaeliaShaaelia Posts: 623
    edited December 1969

Brilliant renders! I've missed this thread, can't believe it took me so long to find!

I can't remember if I've posted this one on the forums yet, so here he is:

Hairy_M5_mk_3.png
    619 x 720 - 428K
  • GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 497
    edited December 1969

First time I've seen it. And he's very sexy. I also like the Robin as well. Your characters always seem to wind up in loincloths. Not that I mind... ;)

David

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    YUMMY! How do you achieve the leg texture like that with the porous effect? Looks like a very convincing mans shaved legs sort of look. I like that!

Lots and lots of photoshop. This skin texture is one of my favorites that I've been modifying over and over for new characters since late last year.

Also, I have this filter called Topaz Adjust that I use (lightly) on skin textures prior to rendering. Really helps to bring out the detail.

First time I've seen it. And he's very sexy. I also like the Robin as well. Your characters always seem to wind up in loincloths. Not that I mind... ;)

David

Lol... It's funny, but if you noticed it's usually all the characters that would be wearing those underwear style trunks. I usually just opt for loincloths cause I find it hotter (while leaving something to the imagination).

It's probably for the best that I don't draw comics ^_^

edited November 2012

I LOVE Topaz Adjust. LOVE THAT FILTER!

I also have

Clean 3
    DeJpeg 4
    DeNoise 5
    ReMask 3
    Simplify 4
    and PhotoFXLab

Adjust is the one I use the most though! :-)

Post edited by RAMWolff on
    edited December 1969

I'll have to add that one to my list when I get some extra bucks to spend. For the time being I'll just use the High Pass filter in Photoshop on a duplicate layer and overlay it on top of the image.

David

• AngryDragonRiderAngryDragonRider Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Weird hybrid of a bunch of different characters Ive seen and been inspired by. No direction at all but I like it ....not much skin but sometimes its sexier to be completely covered up.

Fenrir_daz.jpg
    1000 x 722 - 219K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 1,461
    edited November 2012

So I finally got around to playing with the Supersuit that I picked up back during those long-ago heady days of the sales of last month. And some of the presets are ... surprising. Yes, that's the word. Surprising.

As Bob is my witless, I swear that I have not done one thing to this particular preset -- the Heavy Gear Epsilon preset. The places where the suit is transparent are as DAZ made them. (The Cyborg presets don't even have crotchpieces. Weird.) You can't see them from this angle, but there are also cutouts over each buttock, extending down the thigh a bit. That said, some of the effects of the defaults are kind of cool, in the right lighting. (The -- hopefully -- second image of Caleb.)

Also started playing around with the Scripted 3Delight Point Occlusion mode. I don't entirely understand scripted 3Delight presets, but you can get some interesting results, and it seems to be a bit faster than UberEnvironment.

calebm4shimizu-supersuit-magetower-02.png
    706 x 872 - 779K
    calebm4shimizu-supersuit-magetower-04.png
    706 x 872 - 955K
    Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 319
    edited December 1969

I'll have to add that one to my list when I get some extra bucks to spend. For the time being I'll just use the High Pass filter in Photoshop on a duplicate layer and overlay it on top of the image.

David

Thanks for that tip—it's one I missed! I used it on this one for just a bit of extra sharpness.

Behind_the_Door_hp.jpg
    1024 x 1500 - 349K
  • gabugabu Posts: 262
    edited December 1969

young Lucifer?

g21-1dx.jpg
    912 x 969 - 123K
  • EstroyerEstroyer Posts: 1,811
    edited December 1969

Oh, I just found my favorite thread in this forum!
    I'll make a little eyecandy later on :D

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 5,993
    edited December 1969

Well, clearly I have to contribute so I can get notices for these updates. :-D This is Moriphon, a modified Eberron half-elf roleplay character for IRC chat. Here is the full size version at deviantart, with full credits.

MoriphonDAZForum.jpg
    600 x 600 - 423K
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 264
    edited December 1969

Raiya's Leon

crouch.jpg
    1524 x 1160 - 270K
  • AlexLOAlexLO Posts: 161
    edited December 1969

An oldie, but a goodie ;-): Hey Buddy

"it's hard to walk on by, when something catches your eye..."

HeyBuddy1_112709.jpg
    1100 x 635 - 328K
  • AlexLOAlexLO Posts: 161
    edited December 1969

Starting an early morning workout "Up on the roof"

upontheroof_m5111212.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 386K
    edited December 1969

Wow, amazing renders people. Lol, pretty creative use of the supersuit VR... Also, I should probably do a few test renders with the buddy texture. I've had it for a while but never got a chance to use it.

Anyway, here's a concept character that I've been working on and off this weekend.

I aged my robin morph and turned him into a strange mix of a celtic ninja. I still need to work on his skin texture a bit more, and probably play around with his outfit a bit, so I haven't named him yet.

Celtic_Ninja1.jpg
    1215 x 2000 - 1M
    edited December 1969

OOOH, he looks good Oo
    Several names spring to mind, but I am sure that "mr. hotshot, what's your name" or "May I hold that katana" aren't what you're looking for!

edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    OOOH, he looks good Oo
    Several names spring to mind, but I am sure that "mr. hotshot, what's your name" or "May I hold that katana" aren't what you're looking for!

Ha, thanks.

And yeah... His name's going to have to be... a bit less literal. Just a bit :)

I'm thinking of going with 'Blue...' something, but I'm not sure what just yet.

• Kurt LundqvistKurt Lundqvist Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

Always some fight left.

FS-RingRumble-DF.jpg
    540 x 810 - 128K
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    OOOH, he looks good Oo

Ha, thanks.

I found this:
    "The Latin equivalent of 'blue' is Caeruleus. That's a masculine gender adjective."

Maybe you can work something out with that?
    Like Carul or Carolus?

edited December 1969

Always some fight left.

Fantastic render as always, Kurt! :)

Are those shorts painted on? I can never tell with some of your work

Estroyer said:
    OOOH, he looks good Oo

Ha, thanks.

I found this:
    "The Latin equivalent of 'blue' is Caeruleus. That's a masculine gender adjective."

Maybe you can work something out with that?
    Like Carul or Carolus?

That's interesting.

The first ever, ever character I ever created in Daz almost 2 years ago was a superhero named 'Alpha Cerulean'. And come to think of it, he looked like a somewhat cruder version of this character.

Maybe I've come full circle?

I think it's cause my favorite colors are blue and black so that theme keeps reoccurring unintentionally. I might just name his sword cerulean edge or something. I'm still brainstorming :)

• Kurt LundqvistKurt Lundqvist Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

Are those shorts painted on?

Yes, all the clothing/equipment is. :(

• Tim OGTim OG Posts: 1,149
    edited December 1969

This is the James Tiberius morph from ShareCG with Jepe's Jonah texture. Not a bad likeness, but a bit off.

Kirk.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 288K
    edited December 1969

Here's my version of Kirk...

EonM4-pose01-HP-op.jpg
    1286 x 1800 - 811K
  • MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 346
    edited December 1969

Been a while everyone, thought I'd throw my guy in the mix...

BenMcPherson.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 464K
    edited December 1969

Haha, I have one with a guitar as well!
    I am curious if anyone recognizes him...

Jared5smaller.jpg
    2000 x 1746 - 2M
  • MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 346
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    Haha, I have one with a guitar as well!
    I am curious if anyone recognizes him...

I see that P tattoo on his arm, so he's M5 - altered. Cool scene!