Has anyone tried Garibaldi hair for Daz in Carrara?

3drendero3drendero Posts: 631
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Free beta of a new hair generator for Daz Studio.
I guess that the results can be exported to Carrara, if it is better than the Carrara toolset.
Anyone tried yet?

http://www.garibaldiexpress.com/

Comments

  • araneldonaraneldon Posts: 620
    edited December 1969

    If memory serves the initial release will not have mesh export, so the hair isn't going to be usable in other programs. I could be wrong though.

  • Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 637
    edited November 2012

    Reading through the very long thread people keep comparing it to Carrara hair so I'm thinking some of his tricks may be applicable to what we have already, especially after seeing the render results some have done. It might again be a case of a very talented person working out what others haven't like Howie did with landscape scenes, Age of Armour with particles, 3DCelebrity, Naomi and PhilW with hair, etc. I still think there's a lot of untapped creative potential in Carrara.

    And this is the thread I was referring to if you missed it: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9943/

    Post edited by Kevin Sanderson on
  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Carrara has dynamic hair why try to import something from studio carrara already has?

  • bighbigh Posts: 5,406
    edited December 1969

    ManStan said:
    Carrara has dynamic hair why try to import something from studio carrara already has?

    because we can ;-)

  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 7,201
    edited November 2012

    bigh said:
    ManStan said:
    Carrara has dynamic hair why try to import something from studio carrara already has?

    because we can ;-)

    Probably not...

    Garibalidi hair is an implementation of RiCurves for DS. As of the beta and first release, it won't have an OBJ export (or any 'real' geometry), so it is doubtful that it will be usable in Carrara (or anything else that doesn't use 3Delight, as RiCurves are 'procedural').

    Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 631
    edited December 1969

    mjc1016 said:
    bigh said:
    ManStan said:
    Carrara has dynamic hair why try to import something from studio carrara already has?

    because we can ;-)

    Probably not...

    Garibalidi hair is an implementation of RiCurves for DS. As of the beta and first release, it won't have an OBJ export (or any 'real' geometry), so it is doubtful that it will be usable in Carrara (or anything else that doesn't use 3Delight, as RiCurves are 'procedural').

    Thank you, looks like a request for geometry export is the only way. Besides using Carrara hair that is.

Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel