Luke and Laura for Genesis, Genesis Teen Renders

Comments

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 2,158
    edited December 1969

"All I want for Christmas is an autofit clone,
    An autofit clone. An autofit clone...
    All I want for Christmas is an autofit clone,
    Or better still, make that four.

I'll settle for three, of course. Or even two. I mean it's not like DAZ *couldn't* produce autofit clones for Luke, Laura, and Matt/Maddie (not sure there is any difference between those two). And given that there haven't been official teens since Luke and Laura, it would be nice for Thorne's new teens to be able to wear their clothing. (Much of which came from Mada, in any case.) We do have a K4 clone, so the need isn't *quite* as great for the preschoolers, but it would still be nice.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 16,188
    edited December 1969

...Murgatroyd, those morphs look really good

Meanwhile was able to finally get the Steph4 NPM transfer in GenX to work (with help of a few pointers).

Interestingly, found that adding a little bit of Mavka (with the Mavka head shape dialed back to compensate), goes a long way.

Currently in the process of recreating my Leela Teen and things look rather promising.

• Cybersox13Cybersox13 Posts: 3,125
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    I mean it's not like DAZ *couldn't* produce autofit clones for Luke, Laura, and Matt/Maddie (not sure there is any difference between those two). And given that there haven't been official teens since Luke and Laura, it would be nice for Thorne's new teens to be able to wear their clothing..
    Actually, I'm hoping this is the reason Thorne's morphs have been so delayed, given that the market for Luke/Laura/matt/Maddie genesis blanks will drop precipitously once Thorne's come out and people start designing for them.

(Much of which came from Mada, in any case.)

Mada made some nice stuff, but of the stuff that's still on the market, I actually think Poserworld has the selection of Luke/Laura wear that looks most like what kids actually wear.

• andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 576
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    I thought of using Thorne's Princess character (as their characters make it easier to get more natural proportions for smaller breasts), however the only morphs for Genesis I can find are for the hips and head, not the overall body.

...the main reason I have GenerationX was because it is supposed to allow one to use the various morphs and characters available for the Gen4/Gen3 body shapes with Genesis. It is not an inexpensive plugin (something lie 30$+) Yet all I can seem to pull in is the base figure (Steph4, V4, M4 etc) but none of the additional morphs or characters based on those models.

I also still don't know why I do not see the Princess FBM inwith the other the Genesis character shapes.

I've noticed that Dryden and Addison are added to the Gene Pool morph sliders in DS4.5Pro (I'm a Poser user but I'm digging into DS now).

But, how does a character become part of the "gene pool" versus just a morph dial in the parameters? Princess doesn't load as a gene pool slider for me either. However, Dryden, Addison and Princess can all be added as CR2s in Poser (where it loads Genesis at the same time. I don't quite understand the mechanics of getting a Genesis morph to be part of the Gene pool.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,075
    edited December 1969

Hey all I want to thank everyone for posting and keeping this thread alive. You guys have submitted some amazing renders and some very useful information which is more than I was expecting from this thread so thank you again

edited December 1969

...I should have a pic of the latest LeelaTeen update.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited December 1969

Hey all I want to thank everyone for posting and keeping this thread alive. You guys have submitted some amazing renders and some very useful information which is more than I was expecting from this thread so thank you again

While the thread remains active, the topic remains under Daz's nose :)

Maybe soon we will be heard. Thanks for starting the thread by the way :)

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,106
    edited November 2012

Spyro said:
    RKane_1 said:

What are your candid opinions of Oskarsson's Genesis Preteens from Renderosity?

There were a few Issues I had with that Item. I think the concept is very good. But for me, I found the characters were under-defined, there was a bit of a lack of detail. Again, for me, the proportions weren't all there, sort of toonish or exaggerated perhaps.

The problems I faced was a error in the scaling, they would scale down a little bit, but by no means was it scaling correctly, very noticeable next to genesis and other characters. Another issue was the mouth, it tends to be slightly open, observable when close up. I also seem to remember an issue with the eyes for some reason.

On the whole, I think it is a good product, but I think it could be improved. :)

Please no one take offense to this, I mean it to be friendly constructive criticism :)

My critiques exactly. The bodies themselves aren't anything I would distinctly call "Tween". The faces weren't all that interesting, especially the boy's. I think you may have mis-scaled them a bit, because I noticed that your girl (79%) was bigger than your boy (75%). By the way, you accidentally capitalized the "I" in "Girl".

This is what I was able to present after modifying their faces a bit...

Maddie_Matt_5.jpg
    638 x 696 - 343K
    Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited November 2012

Sorry RC my comments were on oskarssons preteens at renderosity (I'm unsure if you're talking about oskarssons ro product or murgatroyds Tweens which we are testing.) I PMd murgatroyd with my feedback as i wasn't sure if murgatroyd wanted me to give feedback on the thread. :s

Your render is lovely, love what you did with the faces :) they do certainly look the part. And nice work with the skins too!

I've been working all weekend so I have a lot more things to try with murg's gem.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited November 2012

Spyro said:
    Sorry RC my comments were on oskarssons preteens at renderosity (I'm unsure if you're talking about oskarssons ro product or murgatroyds Tweens which we are testing.) I PMd murgatroyd with my feedback as i wasn't sure if murgatroyd wanted me to give feedback on the thread. :s

Your render is lovely, love what you did with the faces :) they do certainly look the part. And nice work with the skins too!

Yeah, I was referring to murgatroyds. As for the critique itself, I'm the other way around. If I'm not specified to keep it personal, I let rip wherever. :lol:

• adaceyadacey Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Actually, I'm hoping this is the reason Thorne's morphs have been so delayed, given that the market for Luke/Laura/matt/Maddie genesis blanks will drop precipitously once Thorne's come out and people start designing for them.

I'm a little curious about this thought. I could see how maybe the base figures wouldn't have that much demand but wouldn't the auto-fit targets pair well with the new figures? I'm thinking that having a solid base of legacy clothing that could be used with Thorne's new morphs would fit well. I'll admit that I'm not too familiar with the Luke/Laura/Matt/Maddie characters or what's available with them but based on the complaints I've seen about the lack of kid/teen appropriate clothing for Genesis I'm thinking auto-fit targets for these figures would make a lot of sense for anybody who has a library of older clothing that they'd like to use with Genesis.

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 321
    edited November 2012

I've noticed that Dryden and Addison are added to the Gene Pool morph sliders in DS4.5Pro (I'm a Poser user but I'm digging into DS now).

But, how does a character become part of the "gene pool" versus just a morph dial in the parameters? Princess doesn't load as a gene pool slider for me either. However, Dryden, Addison and Princess can all be added as CR2s in Poser (where it loads Genesis at the same time. I don't quite understand the mechanics of getting a Genesis morph to be part of the Gene pool.

This is done using the Properties Editor. Once you have your morph loaded and your figure selected, go to the editor and in the Group/Property column you will see near the bottom "Morphs". Click the + and you will see Morph Loader (if that is where you morph was loaded to) and your morph should appear below it. Right click the morph and mouse over "Grouping" and your screen will fill with all the Actor groups. Select what you want (e.g. Head/Female). This takes you back to DAZ and you will see your morph has apparently disappeared from the the column! Now look under Actor in the Editor and the group you selected (e.g. Head/Female) and you will see it there. You can right-click again and change other properties under Settings; for example, you can change the internal name and relabel it here, change autofollow, etc. If you go to Grouping again, you can add it to more than one group (this doesn't move it, it adds a copy; you can remove a property if you put it in the wrong place).

It goes into the Shaping tab immediately, but you need to refresh to see it. Of course, you need to it save as a Support Asset/Morph Asset or all this will disappear if you clear the scene. Set the morph to zero before saving, unless you want it on every time you load Genesis.

Post edited by Hiro Protagonist on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 2,158
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    RKane_1 said:

There were a few Issues I had with that Item. I think the concept is very good. But for me, I found the characters were under-defined, there was a bit of a lack of detail. Again, for me, the proportions weren't all there, sort of toonish or exaggerated perhaps.

The problems I faced was a error in the scaling, they would scale down a little bit, but by no means was it scaling correctly, very noticeable next to genesis and other characters. Another issue was the mouth, it tends to be slightly open, observable when close up. I also seem to remember an issue with the eyes for some reason.

On the whole, I think it is a good product, but I think it could be improved. :)

Please no one take offense to this, I mean it to be friendly constructive criticism :)

My critiques exactly. The bodies themselves aren't anything I would distinctly call "Tween". The faces weren't all that interesting, especially the boy's. I think you may have mis-scaled them a bit, because I noticed that your girl (79%) was bigger than your boy (75%). By the way, you accidentally capitalized the "I" in "Girl".

At that age there is a good chance tha tthe girl will be taller than the boy. Girls typically get their main growth spurt earlier. (i.e., just before puberty)

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 1,150
    edited December 1969

RCDeschesne - Those figures look awesome. Looks like Murgatroyd and you should collaborate. *smile*

• DogzDogz Posts: 745
    edited November 2012

RKane_1 said:

Pretty Decent, he made a bit of a mess of the breast area on the female and there are other minor flaws. I'd also give him a slap for putting the clothing in the main Genesis/clothing directory (with no sub folder) - but other than that, its good value product overall.

Post edited by Dogz on
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    RCDeschesne - Those figures look awesome. Looks like Murgatroyd and you should collaborate. *smile*

Maybe! :) Heck, with all these content creators, I do sometimes get a little envious. Plus, I know I can do more for this community than just push for Gen 5 characters. ;)

• MurgatroydMurgatroyd Posts: 585
    edited December 1969

The bodies themselves aren't anything I would distinctly call "Tween". The faces weren't all that interesting, especially the boy's. I think you may have mis-scaled them a bit, because I noticed that your girl (79%) was bigger than your boy (75%). By the way, you accidentally capitalized the "I" in "Girl".

I like what you've done with them.

I fixed the capitalization issue last night. Are you sure about the scale issue? They were designed to be the same size, and as far as I can tell from looking at the code in the files, they should both be 79%. As for the blandness, my main objective here was to make basic figures that could be modified further for more individuality.

At that age there is a good chance tha tthe girl will be taller than the boy. Girls typically get their main growth spurt earlier. (i.e., just before puberty)

The age I was aiming for is exactly when the median female height catches up with the median male height.

• MurgatroydMurgatroyd Posts: 585
    edited December 1969

Now available on ShareCG.

This has been updated since the test version, so testers may also want to download this version.

Changes:
    Now includes head morphs.
    Added two extra chest morphs for the girl: one flat, one rounded to avoid the braless look with tight shirts.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,248
    edited December 1969

Very nice - thanks!

edited December 1969

Now available on ShareCG.

This has been updated since the test version, so testers may also want to download this version.

Changes:
    Now includes head morphs.
    Added two extra chest morphs for the girl: one flat, one rounded to avoid the braless look with tight shirts.

Thank you so much Murgatroyd!! These are a wonderful addition to Genesis. I also love the fact that they are a more advanced and proportionately correct set of base figures! For me, I like to make characters as original as possible an this set of morphs really allow that to freely happen. I am very glad that you added my suggestion for head morphs, it really does assist the processes of creating original faces! And thanks heaps for the chest morphs too.

You made my day with this product! Thank you :)

edited December 1969

...here's the best I came up with so far using GenX and the Steph4 NPMs.

leela_pub_PW.png
    618 x 800 - 728K
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 1,150
    edited December 1969

Nice one, Kyoto Kid.

She looks great!

:)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...here's the best I came up with so far using GenX and the Steph4 NPMs.

She's wonderful Kyoto! Looks very natural. Well done :)

edited November 2012

See, Marcus, Stephanie CAN fill the Young Teen roll! :-)

edited November 2012

...thank you.

The NPMs really make a difference as does a bit of Mavka. One sometimes has to find a way to make things work with what they have available. I really like the way she looks. pretty close to this pic I did by hand many years ago (save for the clothing).

Leela

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited November 2012

I never said S5 or the possible D5 wouldn't be a 'morph asset' for creating young teens. I'm all for the release of D5 and think S5 is wonderful!

I merely express (In a different thread for those who have no idea what we're referring to) that S5 and David are NOT in my opinion a gap filler for young teens. And they are not and should not be a replacement for Luke an Laura who are like 6-10 years younger than Steph and David.

L&L stage of development is a massive difference to S&D who are some what very close to full growth. Luke and Laura are only just beginning and going through their first teenage growth spurt. S5 and david are around 19-25 That is a big difference to 10-15.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited November 2012

Spyro said:

I never said S5 or the possible D5 wouldn't be a 'morph asset' for creating young teens. I'm all for the release of D5 and think S5 is wonderful!

I merely express (In a different thread for those who have no idea what we're referring to) that S5 and David are NOT in my opinion a gap filler for young teens. And they are not and should not be a replacement for Luke an Laura who are like 6-10 years younger than Steph and David.

L&L stage of development is a massive difference to S&D who are some what very close to full growth. Luke and Laura are only just beginning and going through their first teenage growth spurt. S5 and david are around 19-25 That is a big difference to 10-15.

I know. And absolutely, there's no morph support for child morphs like actual child morphs. It's just that in Gen 4 we had to make extensive use of what we got, and unfortunately, when it came to kids that weren't pre or elementary school age we had to make due with heavily alteration of characters like Aiko and Stephanie because they looked younger than Victoria. God help you if you even ATTEMPTED to make a convincing young teen male with Michael, who's only relatively aid was toony, androgynous-faced Hiro.

Basically, if we were to never see official teens like Laura & Luke again, then we either need to rely on 3rd party people like we're doing now, or resort to Stephanie (and hopefully David), which can surprisingly pull off those in-between youth ages we're looking for with enough morphing, scaling, and of course, the right skin textures.

Of course, I'm just saying all of this as Murgatroyd made his Tweens with Evolutionary Morphs and how it personally never took me much effort to make Stephanie into a pretty convincing middle-school chick. ;)

edited December 1969

I just hope that with Thornes work that Daz is holding back the release to make them to be Luke and Laura. I do hope that our excessive wait after months hasn't been in vein. I would understand it if Daz has locked it away for a while as they construct official L&L 5 bundles, but if the product being in limbo for so long was for no legitimate reason, then I am a little annoyed, seems as though they quite accurately solve all our issues here with the outstanding age gap and that there is very little on the market that actually efficiently and solely supports that age group.

Thankfully there is Murgatroyd who has made a great step forward into the luke and laura line! MaleM3dia and his group have also done a great job as well with his bonus characters.

I completely understand how David and Steph were ALL WE HAD in generation 4. I was there and the struggle was painful. :)

I definitely agree that Kids 6-10 also need to be supported, as does David and the Elderly (Zev0 is actually heading in that direction supporting the Elders which is just fantastic!) Since Genesis is a MAJOR leap forward in character creation, I hope to see the millennium family fully unite just as Generation 3 was! Genesis makes this so-much more achievable. We just need the support. (Gen 3 covered very well: Elderly, Ethnicity, Creatures, almost all age groups and characters)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 7,260
    edited December 1969

I wouldn't get my hopes too high. I remember things being bought out by Daz for the reason they needed some stuff for March Madness ...
    Just saying ...

• andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 576
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    I just hope that with Thornes work that Daz is holding back the release to make them to be Luke and Laura. I do hope that our excessive wait after months hasn't been in vein. I would understand it if Daz has locked it away for a while as they construct official L&L 5 bundles, but if the product being in limbo for so long was for no legitimate reason, then I am a little annoyed, seems as though they quite accurately solve all our issues here with the outstanding age gap and that there is very little on the market that actually efficiently and solely supports that age group.

The more I think about it, here's my hope:

DAZ will do a Luke & Laura 3 Shapes for Genesis (with autofit capabilities).

Thorne's teens will either be LL5 or characters for LL5, like Dryden.

They are working on a bundle for LL5 but wanted to do it after H5.
    Bundle will include Bobbie25 clothes, SWAM Hair--more in the "Pure" line, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made Luke & Laura separate bundles (although that would make me sad.)