Luke and Laura for Genesis, Genesis Teen Renders

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 5,571
    edited October 2012

I'm in shock... DAZ actually released HIRO 5 before they released AIKO 5! *faints*

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/hiro-5-pro-bundle

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    I'm in shock... DAZ actually released HIRO 5 before they released AIKO 5! *faints*

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/hiro-5-pro-bundle

I Told ya.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 2,152
    edited October 2012

Spyro said:
    Dryden for Hiro 5

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dryden-for-hiro-5

Made by Thorne and Sarsa...

Did daz split Thorns teens for Hiro5 and 'possible Aiko5' ??? (I'll have to compare images with Thorns teaser pic...)

Nonetheless. Drayden looks pretty awesome.

Nope. Thorne's sneak peak was showing the male teen with a V4 texture because his texture wasn't ready yet.

This is a different figure.

Now, What I *suspect* is that H5 uses the M5 UVs, but I won't know until I install him. I doubt that he has a separate UV set of his own. I've no idea what UVs the Thorne teens will use -- but the earliest indications are that they may use the V4 UVs.

Post edited by JOdel on
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Spyro said:
    Dryden for Hiro 5

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dryden-for-hiro-5

Made by Thorne and Sarsa...

Did daz split Thorns teens for Hiro5 and 'possible Aiko5' ??? (I'll have to compare images with Thorns teaser pic...)

Nonetheless. Drayden looks pretty awesome.

Nope. Thorne's sneak peak was showing the male teen with a V4 texture because his texture wasn't ready yet.

This is a different figure.

Now, What I *suspect* is that H5 uses the M5 UVs, but I won't know until I install him. I doubt that he has a separate UV set of his own. I've no idea what UVs the Thorne teens will use -- but the earliest indications are that they may use the V4 UVs.

I'd imagine the boy would use M4... Since the V4 uv's on a male dont work all that well. The chest area is the killer.

• MurgatroydMurgatroyd Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...while we are waiting, been working at a genesis version of Leela however have been unable to get Generation X to load V4/Steph4 into Genesis with the Morphs ++ and NPMs which I find important for creating a teen/preteen character. While the Evolution morphs do include most of the original ++ head morphs, there is no "young" body morph.

I've tried workarounds like injecting a bit of Basic Child and Mavka (adjusting the Mavka Head morph to negative values to compensate), however as I found with V4 a couple years ago, the dialing down breast size still seems to be an issue. The "Breasts Small" morph reduces the "outward" size, but not the breast volume like the NPMs and Morphs++ Breast Size (negative values) do. The Steph4 Breast Volume morph also changes the cleavage which causes unwanted distortion which is noticeable in clothing fits.

I thought of using Thorne's Princess character (as their characters make it easier to get more natural proportions for smaller breasts), however the only morphs for Genesis I can find are for the hips and head, not the overall body.

Unfortunately, breast shapes vary enough that unless a character comes with her own reduction morphs, it's almost impossible to shrink them without issues. I've had more success working up from flat than down from an adult female shape. Even for that, there are no really good morphs on the market; my current solution involves several homebuilt morphs I created using D-Formers -- three of them, with different areas of effect, which in combination cover most of the range from flat up to the size where the basic Breast Size morph starts to be useful.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 2,152
    edited October 2012

Which reminds me; Surreality's Otherworldly Wonders:Equinox has a shocking number of morphs, one of the ones for the V4 base (with Morphs ++ I think) is quite properly flat-chested and asexual. The morph transfered over very nicely with GenX, but I haven't yet tried to use it for blending a child figure. It's the standard supermodel-tall V4.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • Cybersox13Cybersox13 Posts: 3,122
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately, breast shapes vary enough that unless a character comes with her own reduction morphs, it's almost impossible to shrink them without issues. I've had more success working up from flat than down from an adult female shape. Even for that, there are no really good morphs on the market;

Yeah, kinda weird that no one markets a package called Pre-Teen Breast Forms...

Or maybe not. ;-P

Gee, my 200th post in the new forum and what do I use it for...?

• edited December 1969

Here's my try of a (low)teen girl. I actually have found that the Genesis-face is very (or too) hard to morph in something I would like to see. For some reason, it lacks a certain kind of 'living'-quality I need for my renders. I actually use a V4-head (with mainly the 'Gaia'-morph) which is 'fitted' to the Genesis-figure. I can't say what I used to achieve this because I mixed a lot of different morphs and also created dozens of my own in ZBrush.

bambibait.jpg
    1920 x 1920 - 703K
    edited December 1969

I think she looks really good actually. Her face looks very life like!

• edited December 1969

Do you mean Genesis or my render? If you mean Genesis: yes, at first glance she looks lifelike, but I want my figures to have a certain doll like quality, but still have a livelyness to them. When you try to morph the Genesis-face to reflect that, I found that especially when you make the eyes bigger, the turn strange and 'cold'. I can't explain it better, I am happy with my V4-faces and because I think the Genesis body is vastly superior when it comes to muscles and morphs, I have tried to shape the Genesis face to resemble that of my V4's. Every time I ended up with an ugly (or unhealthy) looking chick!

• edited December 1969

BTW, I don't use my models for renders as such, but for so-called 3D-prints. This places different demands on the shape of the figure than in 2D-renders.

DSC09072.JPG
    1331 x 2000 - 260K
  • PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 415
    edited December 1969

BTW, I don't use my models for renders as such, but for so-called 3D-prints. This places different demands on the shape of the figure than in 2D-renders.

First one is a render and this one is 3D-print? That's really cool.

• edited December 1969

Yes;)

edited December 1969

Hmmm, well the 3D render looks great. I still think she's a really nice looking shape. The only thing I think looks odd is the neck up where it meets with the head. Looks a little off to me.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 16,126
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...while we are waiting, been working at a genesis version of Leela however have been unable to get Generation X to load V4/Steph4 into Genesis with the Morphs ++ and NPMs which I find important for creating a teen/preteen character. While the Evolution morphs do include most of the original ++ head morphs, there is no "young" body morph.

I've tried workarounds like injecting a bit of Basic Child and Mavka (adjusting the Mavka Head morph to negative values to compensate), however as I found with V4 a couple years ago, the dialing down breast size still seems to be an issue. The "Breasts Small" morph reduces the "outward" size, but not the breast volume like the NPMs and Morphs++ Breast Size (negative values) do. The Steph4 Breast Volume morph also changes the cleavage which causes unwanted distortion which is noticeable in clothing fits.

I thought of using Thorne's Princess character (as their characters make it easier to get more natural proportions for smaller breasts), however the only morphs for Genesis I can find are for the hips and head, not the overall body.

Unfortunately, breast shapes vary enough that unless a character comes with her own reduction morphs, it's almost impossible to shrink them without issues. I've had more success working up from flat than down from an adult female shape. Even for that, there are no really good morphs on the market; my current solution involves several homebuilt morphs I created using D-Formers -- three of them, with different areas of effect, which in combination cover most of the range from flat up to the size where the basic Breast Size morph starts to be useful.

...the main reason I have GenerationX was because it is supposed to allow one to use the various morphs and characters available for the Gen4/Gen3 body shapes with Genesis. It is not an inexpensive plugin (something lie 30$+) Yet all I can seem to pull in is the base figure (Steph4, V4, M4 etc) but none of the additional morphs or characters based on those models.

I also still don't know why I do not see the Princess FBM inwith the other the Genesis character shapes.

I don't have Sadie (too expensive plus I have a huge investment in the original character that I built up over the years)

I don't have Hitomi (too much an "anime" look and besides, I still have a soft spot for Aiko3).

I am not all that up on creating custom morphs and I never could get DFormers to work right.

During my "experiments" I actually created a weight mapped Steph4 (the only way I could save the character with all the morph sets intact), but because the geometry changed, pretty much all character MATs, save for the Base V4 and Steph4 ones, no longer work. Also because the character is now "tri-ax" (I think that's the term) weight mapped geometry, I no longer can use GenerationX to combine it with Genesis.

This is a real sticking point for me for I feel I can only get "so close" compared to what I could do with V4 and Stph4.and the various morphs/characters available to them. This was a major part of why I was so reluctant to embrace Genesis at the outset for it seemed like having to start all over again waiting (and in this case waiting... [insert old forums "waiting" smiley here]) for the morph sets/characters I need.

• Cybersox13Cybersox13 Posts: 3,122
    edited December 1969

Wow. I love the ceramic/Hummel-type figure coloring. Which medium was that print made in?

edited October 2012

To Thorne
    (Should she still be following this thread)

LOVE your Genesis Body Morph Resource Kit 2! I also have #1 as well. Really cool!

In relation to this thread....

It would be so awesome for all of us here to see a Genesis Body Morph Resource kit for teens/children! You can never have too many of these separate morphs, I for one totally crave individual features morphs lol (Most genesis people are full body morphs, which is fine, but its the individual sliders like your resource kits and Genesis Evolution that is what builds our original characters!)

I always make my characters as original and as unique as possible, and think this would be a fantastic edition to your Resource Kit series! And as you of all people are aware, there are many different features and characteristics on the growing human figure than the fully grown adults. Judging from your product gallery, I can see you make a point of adding those features to your creations exceptionally well. :cheese:

Just a idea for a possible future product :)

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

I have a pair of free morphs that I think are ready for distribution. Before I release them for the world to download, I'd like a tester to make sure they install properly and work on systems other than my own. Any volunteers?

tweens1.jpg
    648 x 899 - 118K
  • nickalamannickalaman Posts: 53
    edited December 1969

I'm game... max osx mountain lion

nick

• edited December 1969

I'll try if you want - I use Poserpro 2012 so don't have a lot of experience with Genesis yet, so not sure if you need someone with more familiarity.

edited December 1969

I do not have Poser companion files for this, so unless you can make your own, I think you're out of luck.

edited December 1969

I should probably mention that while these morphs do have custom components, they also require the Evolution morphs.

• edited December 1969

np - I wouldn't know how to make my own, but hopefully someone with more skill than me will be able to make them Poser compatible at some point.

edited December 1969

I have a pair of free morphs that I think are ready for distribution. Before I release them for the world to download, I'd like a tester to make sure they install properly and work on systems other than my own. Any volunteers?

Are they a full character morph, or is it all made with the many evolution morphs? (Just out of curiosity)

I'm happy to do some testing. But it might be worth putting it on Share CG and put a note like Testers wanted, or something similar. "Please comment so that I know it works well", I did something similar with my first freebie, when I was worried about weather it would work on someone else's computer. I soon got feed back that clarified it all worked.

(BTW I use DS.4.5.1.6 Pro) Genesis 1.6.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,102
    edited December 1969

Why not, I feel like I owe this community something useful after being the source of two days worth of hell. :)

• KaboomKaboom Posts: 11
    edited November 2012

Here's my try of a (low)teen girl. I actually have found that the Genesis-face is very (or too) hard to morph in something I would like to see. For some reason, it lacks a certain kind of 'living'-quality I need for my renders. I actually use a V4-head (with mainly the 'Gaia'-morph) which is 'fitted' to the Genesis-figure. I can't say what I used to achieve this because I mixed a lot of different morphs and also created dozens of my own in ZBrush.

I saw the pic and was like, damn that looks like Eric van Straatens work, then I saw your username O_o
    sorry for being a total fanboy, but I love your work.

Anyway, back to the topic. Haven´t been using poser/daz for awhile now as I´ve moved more into physical sculpting lately, but I´m still looking forward to a good preteen/lower teen model to make reference pics with.
    For me it´s not so much about charts and numbers, but more of an idealized child. Like if you´d take just about any character by Thorne and changed some bodyproportions and got rid of boobs. So, yeah eagerly awaiting Thornes/Daz´s teen.

Murgatroyd, those models look really good atleast the bodies. Face I sometimes find hard to judge without a map since it can tend to look more angular in just grey.

Thanks to everyone for really interesting discussion.

Post edited by Kaboom on
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Are they a full character morph, or is it all made with the many evolution morphs? (Just out of curiosity)

They were made using the basic Genesis morphs, Evolution morphs, and several from resource kits. I used the resource kit morphs to make a single custom morph for each shape, and control the Genesis and Evolution morphs via ERC.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 1,150
    edited December 1969

@ Eric Von Straaten: Very provacative work, sir. I like your website.

@ Murgatroyd: Nice figures. I would gladly help test them if you are still interested. DAZ 4.5.1.6 running Genesis 1.6 on Windows 7

Good work and good conversation all.

What are your candid opinions of Oskarsson's Genesis Preteens from Renderosity?

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

They were made using the basic Genesis morphs, Evolution morphs, and several from resource kits. I used the resource kit morphs to make a single custom morph for each shape, and control the Genesis and Evolution morphs via ERC.

I am so impressed Murgatroyd!! I love them! and they are very well made! Thank you!

(I have PM you with my thoughts in detail) :)

Thanks Again! :cheese:

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

What are your candid opinions of Oskarsson's Genesis Preteens from Renderosity?

There were a few Issues I had with that Item. I think the concept is very good. But for me, I found the characters were under-defined, there was a bit of a lack of detail. Again, for me, the proportions weren't all there, sort of toonish or exaggerated perhaps.

The problems I faced was a error in the scaling, they would scale down a little bit, but by no means was it scaling correctly, very noticeable next to genesis and other characters. Another issue was the mouth, it tends to be slightly open, observable when close up. I also seem to remember an issue with the eyes for some reason.

On the whole, I think it is a good product, but I think it could be improved. :)

Please no one take offense to this, I mean it to be friendly constructive criticism :)