Luke and Laura for Genesis, Genesis Teen Renders

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,102
    edited October 2012

Spyro said:
    If daz would finally release Thornes OVERDUE release, I'll be satisfied. To be honest, the renderosity teens really didn't do it for me. I'm getting rather impatient. I check the new releases every day... and although there is some pretty cool stuff being released, I remain rather disappointed in the fact that the FIRST true teen characters in daz for genesis are being ridiculously held back. I'm not interested in 'toon', and now that Hiro 5 is about to be released, I wont be surprised if Thornes teens are held off for another several months. :(

Not so fast. We have to wait until Aiko 5 gets out first.

You know the drill, the female always comes out first so she can get all of the major attention and support, then comes the male crawling in her shadow with half the hype and even half the wardrobe ratio...

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 2,154
    edited December 1969

Well, it's always seemed to work that way, but if that's the drill we ought to expect a David 5 next, and I don't think anyone has heard a peep in that direction.

However, someone who checked the info page saw a notation for Hiro 5, but none for Aiko.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 16,148
    edited October 2012

...Daz is beginning to disappoint me again on this matter.

Poser has DSON, it's been out long enough, so let's get on with it and release Thorne's teens.

...and we also need a K4 body shape so we can use Generation X with the different kid characters and morphs.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 7,244
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    If daz would finally release Thornes OVERDUE release, I'll be satisfied. To be honest, the renderosity teens really didn't do it for me. I'm getting rather impatient. I check the new releases every day... and although there is some pretty cool stuff being released, I remain rather disappointed in the fact that the FIRST true teen characters in daz for genesis are being ridiculously held back. I'm not interested in 'toon', and now that Hiro 5 is about to be released, I wont be surprised if Thornes teens are held off for another several months. :(

You know the drill, the female always comes out first so she can get all of the major attention and support, then comes the male crawling in her shadow with half the hype and even half the wardrobe ratio...

There is somebody watching the new Readme's - there are MANY new Readme's for HIRO 5 and Hiro5 clothes/hair ... still no links to live products, but I think this time he is coming first.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Spyro said:

There is somebody watching the new Readme's - there are MANY new Readme's for HIRO 5 and Hiro5 clothes/hair ... still no links to live products, but I think this time he is coming first.

With the amount of content Hiro 5 has now, I'd say he's very close to release. He's definitely got enough stuff for the pro bundle already.

• Cybersox13Cybersox13 Posts: 3,124
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

If it follows recent pattern, Thorne's teens will be dropped out at a time when there are no other Daz Original promotions going on. That way the sucke... er, early adopters will end up paying somewhere in the neighborhood of 50% off after best case PC discounts. Then, within 90 days, they'll drop to 70% off in a sale, Daz will screw something up and they'll end up 85% off for two hours and while people are moaning about that, they'll suddenly show up for free on a disc from Digital Artist.

(sometimes you don't have to be psychic to see the future.)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

If it follows recent pattern, Thorne's teens will be dropped out at a time when there are no other Daz Original promotions going on. That way the sucke... er, early adopters will end up paying somewhere in the neighborhood of 50% off after best case PC discounts. Then, within 90 days, they'll drop to 70% off in a sale, Daz will screw something up and they'll end up 85% off for two hours and while people are moaning about that, they'll suddenly show up for free on a disc from Digital Artist.

(sometimes you don't have to be psychic to see the future.)

More like they wont release it during the Anniversary sale so they can get full price! Hiro WILL push back the teens release for at least a month, which sucks cos I want 'real' not anime. (That said though, Gen 3+4 Hiro was quite usefull for teens)

Good news though... An item titled "Children of the world" has appeared in the coming soon Read me's! Hopefully that is a re-named pack with Thornes "Basic Youth" in it!!

edited December 1969
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,108
    edited December 1969

I'm looking forward to the Basic Youth set too, but I doubt that Children of the World is it. It's probably more likely to be something like Happy Kids (maybe a sequel by the same PA). http://www.daz3d.com/shop/happy-kids

• KeryaKerya Posts: 7,244
    edited December 1969

There was, once upon a time, a product called "children of our time" by Artcollaborations ...

edited December 1969

I'm looking forward to the Basic Youth set too, but I doubt that Children of the World is it. It's probably more likely to be something like Happy Kids (maybe a sequel by the same PA). http://www.daz3d.com/shop/happy-kids

Your right... It's prob just a Kids4 one... Or another expansion for those toon kids :roll:

• edited December 1969

That's funny, I had no idea there was any Hiro5 content.

incidentally I really liked ArtCollab's Children of our Time.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,861
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Your right... It's prob just a Kids4 one... Or another expansion for those toon kids :roll:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10376/#147919

Some of us love our K4 kids

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Spyro said:

LOL, I didn't mean it like that Cho. Just that we've been waiting for the first genesis teens to finally be released and its taken months and still nothing. We know it is completed (Thorne said so) but daz is holding on to them and wont share lol

edited October 2012

chohole said:
    Spyro said:

Wow, I guessed right! :bug: I can't wait for Kids 5; hopefully there will be one. Genesis Basic Child is okay...much like Basic Female and Basic Male...but V5, M5, etc. are so much better, I'd like to see younger folk get the same attention.

Children of the World looks like a great product for those who use K4. I don't, but if I had money left I might be tempted to get it for the textures.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

Scott it's all speculation at this time... I am not sure if it's Teens or Kids or Toon Kids lol

edited December 1969

Take another look at chohole's link and scroll up...it's the PA's thread about that very product.

edited December 1969

LMAO! See what happens when I forget to click links bahahaha! They are very cute and I'm glad they are genesis compatible!!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,861
    edited December 1969

It doesn't actually say the kids are, the genesis compatible was for an earlier release. the kids she says are for K4.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 2,154
    edited December 1969

I've moved a couple of her K4 faces over through GenX fairly successfully. I'm willing to do it again.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,102
    edited October 2012

JOdel said:
    Well, it's always seemed to work that way, but if that's the drill we ought to expect a David 5 next, and I don't think anyone has heard a peep in that direction.

However, someone who checked the info page saw a notation for Hiro 5, but none for Aiko.

We BETTER get David 5 next! Otherwise I will NOT be happy! >:(

By the way, for those of you starting to worry about Aiko 5, you all might want to take a look at this particular Katumi Dress promo...

http://cdn.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/o/pop-up03_katumi-dress_.jpg

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 415
    edited October 2012

Yeah, I see Hitomi and a custom A4 Genesis character. :)

Post edited by Puntomaus on
  • edited December 1969

And still we lack the teens for Genesis :'(

Waiting for at least the Thorne character to come out :'(

Andro

edited December 1969

And still we lack the teens for Genesis :'(

Waiting for at least the Thorne character to come out :'(

Andro

Yep. Its been months. :(

• Fabricius ParmaFabricius Parma Posts: 12
    edited October 2012

Spyro said:

Yep. Its been months. :(

Bonjour à tous, perhaps the new character of Thorne out with 5 kids?
    It will be a great day to render!
    (Mister Daz release the kids so that our records are full of kindness and innocence.)

Fabricius Parma

Post edited by Fabricius Parma on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 16,148
    edited October 2012

...while we are waiting, been working at a genesis version of Leela however have been unable to get Generation X to load V4/Steph4 into Genesis with the Morphs ++ and NPMs which I find important for creating a teen/preteen character. While the Evolution morphs do include most of the original ++ head morphs, there is no "young" body morph.

I've tried workarounds like injecting a bit of Basic Child and Mavka (adjusting the Mavka Head morph to negative values to compensate), however as I found with V4 a couple years ago, the dialing down breast size still seems to be an issue. The "Breasts Small" morph reduces the "outward" size, but not the breast volume like the NPMs and Morphs++ Breast Size (negative values) do. The Steph4 Breast Volume morph also changes the cleavage which causes unwanted distortion which is noticeable in clothing fits.

I thought of using Thorne's Princess character (as their characters make it easier to get more natural proportions for smaller breasts), however the only morphs for Genesis I can find are for the hips and head, not the overall body.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

I've heard of people using Princess in that way, or Hitomi, or Sadie (Murgatroyd explained his Sadie method in this thread). I'd also recommend taking a look at the free SickleYield/DieTrying morphs...there's a breast volume morph and others that could affect youth/age: http://www.sharecg.com/v/58198/

edited December 1969

The more morphs for genesis you have the better. Formulas are only limited to your runtime. There is always a way... Says the guy who hasn't succeeded in creating his own young teen female lol :-P

edited December 1969

Dryden for Hiro 5

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dryden-for-hiro-5

Made by Thorne and Sarsa...

Did daz split Thorns teens for Hiro5 and 'possible Aiko5' ??? (I'll have to compare images with Thorns teaser pic...)

Nonetheless. Drayden looks pretty awesome.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Dryden for Hiro 5

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dryden-for-hiro-5

Made by Thorne and Sarsa...

Did daz split Thorns teens for Hiro5 and 'possible Aiko5' ??? (I'll have to compare images with Thorns teaser pic...)

Nonetheless. Drayden looks pretty awesome.

Hmmm... Perhaps not lol. Thornes pic appears younger and seems to be smaller built.