How to export animation data from DAZ

Dream StoryDream Story Posts: 25
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Hello :

Recently I began to try marvelousdesigner to design character cloth. I could export 3d characters from DAZ and import to marvelous designer but if I would like to make my characters animated in Marvelousdesigner I need to open character animation file and the file type is *.anm.

I tried to find how to save animation data from DAZ to be *.anm but did not find the function.
Did DAZ support *.anm file type?
Any suggestion is welcome.


Daniel Lee 2012/10/26

Comments

  • bighbigh Posts: 5,409
    edited December 1969

    AppleShop said:
    Hello :

    Recently I began to try marvelousdesigner to design character cloth. I could export 3d characters from DAZ and import to marvelous designer but if I would like to make my characters animated in Marvelousdesigner I need to open character animation file and the file type is *.anm.

    I tried to find how to save animation data from DAZ to be *.anm but did not find the function.
    Did DAZ support *.anm file type?
    Any suggestion is welcome.


    Daniel Lee 2012/10/26

    no DAZ doesn't support anm

    there is a plugin at the Marvelousdesignersite you can get for character animated in Marvelousdesigner ,
    look in the forums there

  • Dream StoryDream Story Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

    bigh said:
    AppleShop said:
    Hello :

    Recently I began to try marvelousdesigner to design character cloth. I could export 3d characters from DAZ and import to marvelous designer but if I would like to make my characters animated in Marvelousdesigner I need to open character animation file and the file type is *.anm.

    I tried to find how to save animation data from DAZ to be *.anm but did not find the function.
    Did DAZ support *.anm file type?
    Any suggestion is welcome.


    Daniel Lee 2012/10/26

    no DAZ doesn't support anm

    there is a plugin at the Marvelousdesignersite you can get for character animated in Marvelousdesigner ,
    look in the forums there

    Yes, that plugin is animation editor but it needs to load avatar animation data which is anm file exported from 3D software lika maya.
    After the anm file is loaded the animation editor could record the avatar animation together with cloths and then export recorded animation anm file back to 3D software for more animation integration.

    Or I need some plugin for DAZ to export animation to be anm file type and import anm file type back to DAZ?

  • DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Will the software import FBX files? DAZ Studio has a FBX Export tool with a great deal of flexibility. See docs here: FBX Docs

  • Dream StoryDream Story Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

    Maevelous designer2 accept collada and obj import. Yesterday I tested to export a gensis model from DAZ pro4.5 with a animation by animatte lite to be collada file.
    When I import into Marvelous designer2 the avatar shows normally but animation data did not appear.

    I tried to import original collada file into carrara to check whether the animation is exported precisely. I found the avatar skelton appears in carrara 8 but animation did not be imported.
    My past experience for DAZ is to render static images this is my first time to create animation. may some export config is missing. Did you have any step by step export tutorials to show how to exported animation to collada file?

    Recently my company is as Marvelous designer 2 Taiwan agent. I have to write a document to tell our customer how to integrate marvelous designer 2 and DAZ together
    and encourage them to adopt marvelous designer 2 to design cloth and animate or render imagesin DAZ pro.

    I hope I could solve the animation issue.

    Any suggestion is welcome.

    Best Regards,

    Daniel Lee 2012/10/29

  • bighbigh Posts: 5,409
    edited December 1969

    AppleShop said:
    Maevelous designer2 accept collada and obj import. Yesterday I tested to export a gensis model from DAZ pro4.5 with a animation by animatte lite to be collada file.
    When I import into Marvelous designer2 the avatar shows normally but animation data did not appear.

    I tried to import original collada file into carrara to check whether the animation is exported precisely. I found the avatar skelton appears in carrara 8 but animation did not be imported.
    My past experience for DAZ is to render static images this is my first time to create animation. may some export config is missing. Did you have any step by step export tutorials to show how to exported animation to collada file?

    Recently my company is as Marvelous designer 2 Taiwan agent. I have to write a document to tell our customer how to integrate marvelous designer 2 and DAZ together
    and encourage them to adopt marvelous designer 2 to design cloth and animate or render imagesin DAZ pro.

    I hope I could solve the animation issue.

    Any suggestion is welcome.

    Best Regards,

    Daniel Lee 2012/10/29

    I don't think collada works any more .
    Can you import BVH files in marvelous designer 2 ?

  • Dream StoryDream Story Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

    Yes, Marvelous designer2 accepts BVH import but I still could not make DAZ exported animation data work in marvelous designer2.
    I think that might something wrong of config when exported from DAZ.
    Did anyone get success animation exported case from DAZ to marvelous designer2 or to carrara?
    I would like to make sure my DAZ export config is correct.

  • bighbigh Posts: 5,409
    edited December 1969

    AppleShop said:
    Yes, Marvelous designer2 accepts BVH import but I still could not make DAZ exported animation data work in marvelous designer2.
    I think that might something wrong of config when exported from DAZ.
    Did anyone get success animation exported case from DAZ to marvelous designer2 or to carrara?
    I would like to make sure my DAZ export config is correct.

    Yes I have had success bring BVH to Carrara from DS .
    Don't have a copy of marvelous designer2 - wish I did .

    I found the best way to test the BVH file is to see if DS will import the file it made - I know it should but some times it doesn't .
    Be sure the model you make the BVH file from is the same you are using in marvelous designer2 .

  • Dream StoryDream Story Posts: 25
    edited October 2012

    I could succeed to import same avatar collada and bvh exported from DAZ to marvelous designer2 and found that the animation in marvelous designer 2 can not work even I could see animation timeline happen in marvelous designer2.
    Hence that I import original collada and bvh into carrara 8. I also could see animation time line in carrara 8 after I import bvh but the animation still not work.
    I think bvh is no problem because I can not find config seetings when exported from DAZ. I think the problem might be collada config settings.
    Could you kindly show me how to well config collada export settings for animation?
    I adopt DAZ4.5 Pro and Carrara 8. Does the version matter?
    following picture is my collada settings. The animation is "corner left" animation block of animate lite.

    collada.png
    1600 x 900 - 571K
    Post edited by Dream Story on
  • bighbigh Posts: 5,409
    edited December 1969

    AppleShop said:
    I could succeed to import same avatar collada and bvh exported from DAZ to marvelous designer2 and found that the animation in marvelous designer 2 can not work even I could see animation timeline happen in marvelous designer2.
    Hence that I import original collada and bvh into carrara 8. I also could see animation time line in carrara 8 after I import bvh but the animation still not work.
    I think bvh is no problem because I can not find config seetings when exported from DAZ. I think the problem might be collada config settings.
    Could you kindly show me how to well config collada export settings for animation?
    I adopt DAZ4.5 Pro and Carrara 8. Does the version matter?
    following picture is my collada settings. The animation is "corner left" animation block of animate lite.

    For collada I would try the Unity setting .
    I think there is some thing wrong in marvelous designer2 how it reading the animation files .
    But thats a guess.

    I am using Carrara 8.5 pro and DS 4.5 pro .

  • DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    bigh said:
    AppleShop said:
    I could succeed to import same avatar collada and bvh exported from DAZ to marvelous designer2 and found that the animation in marvelous designer 2 can not work even I could see animation timeline happen in marvelous designer2.
    Hence that I import original collada and bvh into carrara 8. I also could see animation time line in carrara 8 after I import bvh but the animation still not work.
    I think bvh is no problem because I can not find config seetings when exported from DAZ. I think the problem might be collada config settings.
    Could you kindly show me how to well config collada export settings for animation?
    I adopt DAZ4.5 Pro and Carrara 8. Does the version matter?
    following picture is my collada settings. The animation is "corner left" animation block of animate lite.

    For collada I would try the Unity setting .
    I think there is some thing wrong in marvelous designer2 how it reading the animation files .
    But thats a guess.

    I am using Carrara 8.5 pro and DS 4.5 pro .

    I believe that the Genesis figure won't work with COLLADA, The changes in the figure are just not supported in the COLLADA format.

  • Dream StoryDream Story Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

    bigh said:
    AppleShop said:
    I could succeed to import same avatar collada and bvh exported from DAZ to marvelous designer2 and found that the animation in marvelous designer 2 can not work even I could see animation timeline happen in marvelous designer2.
    Hence that I import original collada and bvh into carrara 8. I also could see animation time line in carrara 8 after I import bvh but the animation still not work.
    I think bvh is no problem because I can not find config seetings when exported from DAZ. I think the problem might be collada config settings.
    Could you kindly show me how to well config collada export settings for animation?
    I adopt DAZ4.5 Pro and Carrara 8. Does the version matter?
    following picture is my collada settings. The animation is "corner left" animation block of animate lite.

    For collada I would try the Unity setting .
    I think there is some thing wrong in marvelous designer2 how it reading the animation files .
    But thats a guess.

    I am using Carrara 8.5 pro and DS 4.5 pro .

    I believe that the Genesis figure won't work with COLLADA, The changes in the figure are just not supported in the COLLADA format.

    To clarify the problem I would like to make sure the exported avatar and animation from DAZ to Carrara could work therefore I would try the original exported files to marvelous designer 2.

    I could see some successful integrations between DAZ and marvelous designer2 as below youtube video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIStVqTbBBM&list=PLUrk_UMKUXWzzYyl7D4e4addzk6NYebw9&feature=mh_lolz

    This moment I tried to adopt victoria 4.2 not gensis model from DAZ to carrara but only could see skelton and can not animate.
    The attachment is my BVH import to carrara settings.
    Hope someone could assist me what is wrong of my config settings..

    CarrareimportBVHsettingAfterdaeimported-step3.png
    1600 x 900 - 357K
  • bighbigh Posts: 5,409
    edited December 1969

    first off you should use bimilworm_v4b....
    not rcollar
    2- in the video he used DS 3
    3- why do you want to use Carrara at all ? - you don't need it

  • bighbigh Posts: 5,409
    edited December 1969

    look at this video DS to marvelous designer2 back to DS -
    http://youtu.be/SabzGVsSRjc

  • Dream StoryDream Story Posts: 25
    edited October 2012

    bigh said:
    first off you should use bimilworm_v4b....
    not rcollar
    2- in the video he used DS 3
    3- why do you want to use Carrara at all ? - you don't need it

    I just want to make sure my config is ok before import into Marvelous designer 2.
    This morning I found one tutorial of gensis export from DAZ to marvelous designer 2 including animation.
    I follow that tutorial and succeed. My mistake is that did not bake the animation before export to bvh.
    But after I add hair to characters in DAZ I found that the hair animation and body animation is separated when import into marveloud designer 2.

    Now I need to find solution to solve it.

    I will study the youtube video you show me and study it later .

    Post edited by Dream Story on
Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel