Axel for M5, now avilable {commercial}

24

Comments

  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 6,973
    edited December 1969

    Yeah, I've started getting the duplicate ID error too after installing Axel. But... I must say I love Axel's eyes... The two-color eyes are really cool. Want to play more with this character when I have the time. =-)

  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 2,039
    edited October 2012

    So I think I've fixed the Duplicate ID issue without breaking Axel. I compared the FBMAIAxelBody05SmallScale.dsf to the rest of his files in a text editor, and the last ID statement, the second-to-last actual content line, seems to be missing a -1. So I added that in, Studio stopped throwing off an error message, and the morph appears to work. Woot! or something like that.

    I do have two other questions about Axel. I noticed that some of the morph bodies appear to have multiple copies of the Small Scale body, some labeled DS ONLY -- bodies 2 and 5. Are the others intended purely for Poser? They both seem to work in Studio just fine.

    The other question is, are there supposed to be Bald textures for the tattoos? All of the torso textures for the tattoos have hair, so if you want something other than Axel's painted hair, you have to make sure that it covers that hair.

    And! Purely because I could not resist....

    Leena comes home to discover that somehow her husband has a younger, hunkier twin brother that he never knew about, and he's trying to explain the situation. Not that he understands it. (...What? It's "Generations"! It's a soap opera! They do this sort of thing all the time!)

    Featuring Leena International proper, Axel M4 and Axel M5 with body shape 1.

    leena-axelM4-axelM5-01.png
    1220 x 872 - 2M
    Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 6,973
    edited December 1969

    vwrangler said:
    So I think I've fixed the Duplicate ID issue without breaking Axel. I compared the FBMAIAxelBody05SmallScale.dsf to the rest of his files in a text editor, and the last ID statement, the second-to-last actual content line, seems to be missing a -1. So I added that in, Studio stopped throwing off an error message, and the morph appears to work. Woot! or something like that.

    I do have two other questions about Axel. I noticed that some of the morph bodies appear to have multiple copies of the Small Scale body, some labeled DS ONLY -- bodies 2 and 5. Are the others intended purely for Poser? They both seem to work in Studio just fine.

    The other question is, are there supposed to be Bald textures for the tattoos? All of the torso textures for the tattoos have hair, so if you want something other than Axel's painted hair, you have to make sure that it covers that hair.

    And! Purely because I could not resist....

    Leena comes home to discover that somehow her husband has a younger, hunkier twin brother that he never knew about, and he's trying to explain the situation. Not that he understands it. (...What? It's "Generations"! It's a soap opera! They do this sort of thing all the time!)

    Featuring Leena International proper, Axel M4 and Axel M5 with body shape 1.

    Great picture!

  • JUJUJUJU Posts: 516
    edited December 1969

    Thank you very much, VWrangler!!!
    I added the "-1" and it seams to be fixed!
    :-)

  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 2,410
    edited December 1969

    vwrangler said:
    So I think I've fixed the Duplicate ID issue without breaking Axel. I compared the FBMAIAxelBody05SmallScale.dsf to the rest of his files in a text editor, and the last ID statement, the second-to-last actual content line, seems to be missing a -1. So I added that in, Studio stopped throwing off an error message, and the morph appears to work. Woot! or something like that.


    I sent this fix to QA yesterday, and I'm verifying a few things before the installers are updated.

    I do have two other questions about Axel. I noticed that some of the morph bodies appear to have multiple copies of the Small Scale body, some labeled DS ONLY -- bodies 2 and 5. Are the others intended purely for Poser? They both seem to work in Studio just fine.

    The DS only bodies use scaling to get their short sizes, which at this time doesn't work in Poser. The other two bodies are actually rigged shapes, but as it's my first rigging job some hand pose may be slightly off, so if you're in DS you may want to use the DS-only body shapes so you don't have to adjust any hand poses.

    Any short body shape moving forward will be rigged so there will be only one version for DSON compatibility.... so any updates to DSON in our product line is being held up while i rig these body shapes.

    The other question is, are there supposed to be Bald textures for the tattoos? All of the torso textures for the tattoos have hair, so if you want something other than Axel's painted hair, you have to make sure that it covers that hair.

    I'll have to check, I don't think the hair should be part of the chest tattoo. You can always do a quick fix without waiting for the update by just saving back the tattoo material and just select the skin_torso, skin_hip, and skin_nipple and that should fix it where it works with both bald and hair textures.

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 6,588
    edited December 1969

    I can confirm on my end as well... Duplicate ID's upon loading up Genesis.

  • MardookMardook Posts: 208
    edited December 1969

    I purchased this item the other night... item failed to appear in My Downloadable Products list. I tried to reset the item from the Itemized order history... and it still failed to load up. I don't think I will be ordering anymore items until the store is functioning properly. :(

  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 2,410
    edited December 1969

    mardook said:
    I purchased this item the other night... item failed to appear in My Downloadable Products list. I tried to reset the item from the Itemized order history... and it still failed to load up. I don't think I will be ordering anymore items until the store is functioning properly. :(

    Contact customer service about your order, I think there were a few people ordered the product when the installers weren't associated with it. So this wasn't a store issue.

  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,340
    edited October 2012

    Yeah, I am one of those too. The problem is they changed the store URL and added a -1 when it was re-introduced into the store, so our purchases are linked to the old product which has no installers. Britney in customer service had to forward the ticket to Technical since she couldn't fix it herself.

    Edit: Issued resolved, thanks Britney!

    Post edited by Lindsey on
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

    I can hardly wait until the duplicate id is fixed...he is a lovely character...

    leohead.jpg
    800 x 609 - 86K
  • MardookMardook Posts: 208
    edited December 1969

    How big are the files for this product?
    I am downloading the legacy file and its still going at 300 plus mbs which seems rather unusual for a product of this type. Is this correct?

  • MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 449
    edited December 1969

    I just bought Axel a couple of weeks ago and then you turned around and released M5 of him... ugggh! He's positively gorgeous, but I'm going to have to morph him myself.

    There's one of these morphs where he looks like he could be Angelina Jolie's twin brother... looks great. Well done!

  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 2,410
    edited December 1969

    Mercedesk said:
    I just bought Axel a couple of weeks ago and then you turned around and released M5 of him... ugggh! He's positively gorgeous, but I'm going to have to morph him myself.

    There's one of these morphs where he looks like he could be Angelina Jolie's twin brother... looks great. Well done!

    Aww, go ahead and get him... ya know you want to ;)

    We're majorly behind on our M5 updates, but hopefully we can get them out a lot quicker... we need to the new guys out; poor Johan and ... that other guy needs to be done... ;)

    @nemesis10: oh and nice image!

  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

    Thanks... I love the modeling you did on the chest!

    Axel.jpg
    900 x 685 - 60K
  • MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 449
    edited December 1969

    Mercedesk said:
    I just bought Axel a couple of weeks ago and then you turned around and released M5 of him... ugggh! He's positively gorgeous, but I'm going to have to morph him myself.

    There's one of these morphs where he looks like he could be Angelina Jolie's twin brother... looks great. Well done!

    Aww, go ahead and get him... ya know you want to ;)

    We're majorly behind on our M5 updates, but hopefully we can get them out a lot quicker... we need to the new guys out; poor Johan and ... that other guy needs to be done... ;)

    @nemesis10: oh and nice image!

    Geez louise, yeah... soon as I get my website back up, you're right... I'm going to HAVE to get him, *sigh*

  • alkenalken Posts: 178
    edited October 2012

    Thanks for updating Axel, he's better than ever.

    Axel.png
    1055 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by alken on
  • ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 881
    edited December 1969

    alken said:
    Thanks for updating Axel, he's better than ever.

    oooo very nice! We're glad you like him. :)

  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

    Could anyone post the hand edited solution of the duplicate file question with Axel?

    zane.jpg
    479 x 1076 - 88K
  • Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 321
    edited November 2012

    First, I'd like to thank vwrangler for the solution.

    nemesis10 said:
    Could anyone post the hand edited solution of the duplicate file question with Axel?

    Hi,

    If you have Windows, you can edit the file using notepad. The file path in Windows Vista is: Documents

    Open this document with a text editor like notepad. If on Windows, right click file and select open with. If notepad isn't an option, select choose default program. Select notepad from other programs. Be sure to remove check mark from the "always use the selected program to open this type of file" box before you hit the yes button.

    After the file opens in notepad or your text editor of choice, scroll down to the bottom of the file. The error is in the second line from the bottom of the file.

    First, I'll post what the original file looks like with the id error highlighted. Next, I'll post a screen grab with the error fixed highlighted.

    Updated to change file path from daz3d to daz 3d. :)

    modified-file.jpg
    1201 x 838 - 327K
    original-file.jpg
    1201 x 849 - 325K
    Post edited by Pixel8ted on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 6,588
    edited December 1969

    Ah... just add the -1 to the "id" : "FBMAIAxelBody05SmallScale", so it looks like this: "id" : "FBMAIAxelBody05SmallScale-1",

    Also, your path is slightly off. DAZ 3D is more correct. There is a space. DAZ3D is a legit path but it's not used for Genesis!

    Thanks for the fix!

  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

    Thanks to all; it solved the problem....

  • Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 321
    edited November 2012

    Here's a render I did of Axel M5 wearing one of my newest purchases. I'm really happy with both purchases even though I had to hand fix an id error.

    Below image rendered in DAZ Studio 4 Pro. Postwork was done in Photoshop CS5.

    AxelM5-caput-caseum-forum.jpg
    900 x 565 - 391K
    Post edited by Pixel8ted on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 6,588
    edited December 1969

    Sexy hot!

  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 4,305
    edited November 2012

    nemesis10 said:
    Thanks... I love the modeling you did on the chest!

    Agreed. The chest is very nice:)

    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • dylazunadylazuna Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

    I bought this set because it is promoted as being 'remodelled' for M5 and whilst the textures and morphs are fantastic I was very disappointed to discover that it is still using M4 UVs; especially as it doesn't come with vascular displacement. I was hoping to be able to use the M5 displacement maps. :(

  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

    On the plus side, yo can use all of those cool things like the M4 Displacement maps http://www.daz3d.com/shop/m4-displacement-maps

    Displacement.jpg
    841 x 1108 - 87K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 4,269
    edited December 1969

    lms501 said:
    I bought this set because it is promoted as being 'remodelled' for M5 and whilst the textures and morphs are fantastic I was very disappointed to discover that it is still using M4 UVs; especially as it doesn't come with vascular displacement. I was hoping to be able to use the M5 displacement maps. :(

    I'm afraid I have to agree this looks like a really good character and texture but its not really as advertised, for M5 if the maps don't use the M5 UV's.
    I'm finding the lack of use of M5's proper UV's dissapointing.

  • dylazunadylazuna Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

    nemesis10 said:
    On the plus side, yo can use all of those cool things like the M4 Displacement maps http://www.daz3d.com/shop/m4-displacement-maps

    Yeh I have the M4 displacement maps + some other displacements that came with various M4 textures, however, I don't crank up the displacement and I don't like the weird 'ridges' these M4 maps cause with genesis around the deltoids and shoulder on a subtle displacement.

  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 2,410
    edited December 1969

    lms501 said:
    I bought this set because it is promoted as being 'remodelled' for M5 and whilst the textures and morphs are fantastic I was very disappointed to discover that it is still using M4 UVs; especially as it doesn't come with vascular displacement. I was hoping to be able to use the M5 displacement maps. :(

    I'm afraid I have to agree this looks like a really good character and texture but its not really as advertised, for M5 if the maps don't use the M5 UV's.
    I'm finding the lack of use of M5's proper UV's dissapointing.

    Ok, to put an end to this I'll be straight with you: did the description say that they were for the the M5 UV? Not at all. So it's not false advertising. This project was started at the beginning of this year when a lot of the Poser/Genesis things were in flux and tempers were hsigh. So the decision was made to make the texture against the Genesis M4 UV (which is different from the regular M4 UV), so even people that use M4 could use the new textures, while Genesis owners get a texture that actually included the M5 gens... which you'll rarely get today on characters. Even some recent releases are just M4 UVs with the M5 gens added in. With the textures the morphs were created with enough variety so that it could be a good stepping stone for getting your feet wet with M5. The DSON compatibility was added at the last minute (since it was released while Axel was in QA) and then new rigged morphs for the short bodies had to be added in at the last minute to account for issues with Poser's scaling on one axis.

    So in short Axel now serves as a good jumping on point for people using M5.

    However, with the decision to use genesis M4 UV there are much more advantages:

    1) There are now two generic veins maps products that work with the M4 UV. There are NONE for M5... and I'm not talking about borrowing from M5 product since those are generally specialized for that product.

    2) There is a wet maps product in the store that work for the M4 UV... there are NONE for M5.

    3) Older M4 products like M4 tattoo merchant resources will work with this product... since right now there are NONE for M5.

    So with Axel on the genesis M4 UV you have a lot more stuff working with it than with the M5... hopefully, similar products will appear for M5... as I would love to see a generic veins product, wet maps, etc to work with our products that actually use the M5 UV.

    Until then this decision made more sense. I hope this settles this.

  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,437
    edited November 2012

    Hi,

    Something odd happens with the SSS textures in PP2012,

    When you load the default SSS texture and then apply the body hair, the neck texture is the wrong colour. It stays this way when you load the default chest again. The only time everything is the right colour is if you use the default SSS texture without the body hair. It only shows up when you render and not in the preview.

    The render below illustrates what I mean.

    CHEERS!

    PS (I noticed in the promo renders that used PP2012 and SSS that you didn't use the body hair textures.)

    M5_Axel_Body_Hair_SSS.jpg
    588 x 600 - 119K
    Post edited by Rogerbee on
Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel