Can we PLEASE get an updated Powerpose for Genesis (and 2) now? *NEEDS UPDATING FOR G3F*

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 6,194
    edited December 1969

Got it working in D/S4.0 :-)

On W7, I "had to" move the file to be edited "out" of the Programs folder, edit it, then moved it back where it belonged. In D/S4.0 after loading Genesis and getting the page setup; I had to click on the head or hands ... then click back to the full figure image to get that image to refresh properly. For some reason D/S4.0 seems a little sluggish for refreshing its folders on my new computer, might have something to do with the new AV ... however ... it's all working and thank you again very much. :-) The instructions in the .pdf were great.

works_in_4-0.png
    800 x 528 - 274K
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 1,150
    edited December 1969

I am elated that this work was done to restore Powerpose for Genesis.

I am overjoyed and was always kvetching about the lack of support for it.

You guys are awesome and I concur with the poster who suggested placing the new directions and download links in the first post to make them easy to find.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Got it working in D/S4.0 :-)

On W7, I "had to" move the file to be edited "out" of the Programs folder, edit it, then moved it back where it belonged. In D/S4.0 after loading Genesis and getting the page setup; I had to click on the head or hands ... then click back to the full figure image to get that image to refresh properly. For some reason D/S4.0 seems a little sluggish for refreshing its folders on my new computer, might have something to do with the new AV ... however ... it's all working and thank you again very much. :-) The instructions in the .pdf were great.

It's a known issue in PowerPose, sometimes you kinda loose your dots. Adding a default camera and switching selections between genesis and the camera seems to do the trick best.
    Patience55, in your screenshot i still see the old generic template, not the new genesis template. In Win7/Vista under certain conditions (user account control settings or so) when you manually change or overwrite a file, windows will make a copy of the original file, place it in virtualstore and feed that copy to Studio instead of the changed file.
    If you edited the templates.dsx file before changing the security settings as explained in the .pdf that copy might still be there and be used. Try finding the virtual store (user\AppData\Local\VirtualStore) and see if it has a Program Files\Daz directory in it. If so, just delete it. Then check the templates.dsx again, it may have reverted back to the original now. That virtualstore can be a very painful pain in the you-know-what.

• ErdehelErdehel Posts: 190
    edited December 1969

Many thanks to all who contributed to achieve this. Like Adzan I also learned some new stuff reading this thread.

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

In what version will this be fixed?

please no quickfix update by users, the daz team have to fix this for all the users.
    this have to be build into the main program.

edited October 2012

Ok, so here it is : a Genesis template for the PowerPose plugin.
    You can download the files here. I also included a pdf with installation instructions.
    Basically you just drop the templates in the PowerPose directory, open the file Templates.dsx in the powerpose directory with a plain text editor or an xml-editor and add the following lines between the last and at the end of the file :

Genesis
    bipedDynamics.dsx

Genesis

Next time you start Studio and select a genesis figure, powerpose will look like this :

have you sent this to daz to fix this in the main program? i have add the zip to bugrequest thread for fix.

what about more controls for the face (and have easy build of expressions?)

Post edited by Fixme12 on
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 1,202
    edited December 1969

Rkane: I updated the first post a few days ago with the link and other information.

fixme: I let the appropriate DAZ guys know about this fix, it's up to them now whether they will include it in a future version of Studio. Blackfeather also explained that he wasn't able to add morphs to Powerpose, so we'll have to wait and see if DAZ will ever consider it.

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 540
    edited December 1969

SOLVED - Thanks to Adzan and Blackfeather1973, we now have a new Genesis template for Powerpose.

Awesome! Thanks to the three of ya, and everyone who helped or encouraged this effort.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 546
    edited October 2012

T Jaiman said:

SOLVED - Thanks to Adzan and Blackfeather1973, we now have a new Genesis template for Powerpose.

Awesome! Thanks to the three of ya, and everyone who helped or encouraged this effort.

I second that! Thank you so much. I didn't use the Powerpose feature much but I tried it with this Genesis fix and it's fabulous!! Thanks again to everyone for making it possible. :-)

Love, Jeanne

Post edited by Jeanne M on
    edited December 1969

JeanneM said:
    T Jaiman said:

I second that! Thank you so much. I didn't use the Powerpose feature much but I tried it with this Genesis fix and it's fabulous!! Thanks again to everyone for making it possible. :-)

Love, Jeanne

I tertiary... er.. I third it.... yea... that's what I meant to say.

• GiGi_7GiGi_7 Posts: 821
    edited December 1969

Question: It can be done templates for ghost bone in clothes or this only works with a principal figure?

• adzanadzan Posts: 209
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    Question: It can be done templates for ghost bone in clothes or this only works with a principal figure?

yes you can make templates for items clothing

edited December 1969

gilikshe said:

Templates can be made for basically every geometry that has bones/nodes. If there's no template powerpose will present you the generic template (the standard grey figure) but you will only be able to control the bones that are both in the selected object as well as in the generic template.
    It's actually not as complicated as i make it sound :-) Just select the clothing you want to control and open the powerpose-tab.

edited October 2012

OK, who can write a tutorial about this? as it seems so easy to do, it can 't be hard to write a tutorial for this subject.

ps: use the pinning option (with CTRL) from within powerpose is so good.

Post edited by Fixme12 on
    edited December 1969

fixme12 said:
    OK, who can write a tutorial about this? as it seems so easy to do, it can 't be hard to write a tutorial for this subject.

ps: use the pinning option (with CTRL) from within powerpose is so good.

There's still a few things i haven't figured out yet, mainly on the dynamics files, but with some help from adzan, we might be able to cook up a tutorial on this. (no pressure there, adzan ;-) )

I didn't know there was a pinning option in powerpose. How does that work ? I can see the pin when i ctrl+click in powerpose, but it doesn't seem to have much effect ?

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 1,202
    edited December 1969

I was actually going to ask about pinning too. Maybe it's an unfinished feature?

• edited December 1969

The link with the files seems to be unavailable :(

edited December 2012

Both links seem to work fine, must have been a server hickup or something.
    www.snowsultan.com/free/genesispowerpose.zip
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/66074/view/9/Plug-in/Genesis-Template-for-PowerPose (edit : replaced with new link)

Post edited by BlackFeather1973 on
    edited December 1969

Thanks to both SnowSultan and Blackfeather. You guys rock! *smile*

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

This kicks ASS guys! Thank you so much for all your work!

• GeddGedd Posts: 2,473
    edited December 1969

Hi, posting to say thanks and to give this thread a bump for anyone who didn't see it before.

• KalisxKalisx Posts: 104
    edited December 1969

THANK you for the powerpose, Genesis is very happy ... and me too :-)

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

<----thinks this deserves a sticky...

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

think fixing in the main program is more useful.

edited December 1969

Sorry, can't do that. You'll have to ask Daz...

• edited December 1969

Thanks so much for the updated power pose templates, after using it for so long with gen 4 figures it is great to have it working better for genesis.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 3,302
    edited December 2012

Sorry, can't do that. You'll have to ask Daz...

Some people are never happy, so don't be sorry!

Thanks I never used this feature before and think it could be useful. Got it working last night. Good stuff.

It's great when people empower themselves (and this case others as well) instead of just siting back and complaining.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

Well, we need all kinds of people here, that's what i like about this community. But sometimes i do feel like they're barking up the wrong tree :)

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 1,973
    edited December 1969

thank you one hundered times,, I need to say yours :lol:

woo,,, if you said me,, as siting back and complaining TT),,, I am sorry,,

edited December 1969

Lol, no one in particular, and definitely not you, kitakoredaz. I've learned so much from reading your posts on the forum, thank you !