Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser

13031323436

Comments

  • griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 218
    edited December 1969


    I am getting soooooooooooo VERY frustrating seeing this after repeated loading. I have 64bit, on Poser Pro 2012 upgrade. It won't find it no matter what I put it. Does anybody understand the frustration of uninstalling and reinstalling several dozen times with NOTHING working at all?


    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2012 Content\Genesis Essentials\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Genesis.py", line 1, in
    import dson.dzdsonimporter
    ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter


    Did you make sure that you are running SR3 or SR3.1 for your PP2012? And did you install the DSON importer to the main PP2012 runtime?

  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 3,835
    edited December 1969

    Mec4D said:
    it is there FREE :)

    Buddy2 to M5 Companion files

    http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=88

    Aww, thanks Cath,

    You're a diamond! That's finalised my shopping list for tomorrow now!

    CHEERS!

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 5,544
    edited December 1969

    I'm going to hold off on the Buddy for M5 files Cath, until you get the rest updated so I can just visit the one time. Thanks so much for all the support, you are truly a diamond as Rogerbee stated! XOXO

  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 3,835
    edited October 2012

    Sunfire said:

    I am getting soooooooooooo VERY frustrating seeing this after repeated loading. I have 64bit, on Poser Pro 2012 upgrade. It won't find it no matter what I put it. Does anybody understand the frustration of uninstalling and reinstalling several dozen times with NOTHING working at all?


    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2012 Content\Genesis Essentials\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Genesis.py", line 1, in
    import dson.dzdsonimporter
    ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter


    Did you make sure that you are running SR3 or SR3.1 for your PP2012? And did you install the DSON importer to the main PP2012 runtime?

    Ok,

    Leave PP2012 where it is.

    Uninstall DSON and the Genesis files. (You may well have put them in the wrong place.)

    Open Computer, click Documents under Libraries.

    Create a new folder called DAZ.

    Install DSON into the directory where you installed PP2012.

    Install the Genesis content into DAZ. This is 2 files:

    Genesis Starter Essentials - Poser Companion - PC

    Genesis Starter Essentials - DSON Core - PC

    Go into PP2012 and look at the library, click the icon in the shape of a folder, this is Add Library, locate and add DAZ. (You can click Documents under Libraries again to find it.)

    Go to the Scripts menu and select DSON Support and click Importer Preferences, enter the path for the DAZ folder in the box for Writable Runtime Folder.

    Once you've done this DSON should work. It does for me anyway!

    CHEERS!

    PS (Big thanks to Catharina for pointing out that final step.)

    Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 2,718
    edited December 1969

    what about pointing the writable runtime to the script ? in menu bar

    Rogerbee said:
    Sunfire said:

    I am getting soooooooooooo VERY frustrating seeing this after repeated loading. I have 64bit, on Poser Pro 2012 upgrade. It won't find it no matter what I put it. Does anybody understand the frustration of uninstalling and reinstalling several dozen times with NOTHING working at all?


    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2012 Content\Genesis Essentials\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Genesis.py", line 1, in
    import dson.dzdsonimporter
    ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter


    Did you make sure that you are running SR3 or SR3.1 for your PP2012? And did you install the DSON importer to the main PP2012 runtime?

    Ok,

    Leave PP2012 where it is.

    Uninstall DSON and the Genesis files. (You may well have put them in the wrong place.)

    Open Computer, click Documents under Libraries.

    Create a new folder called DAZ.

    Install DSON into the directory where you installed PP2012.

    Install the Genesis content into DAZ. This is 2 files:

    Genesis Starter Essentials - Poser Companion - PC

    Genesis Starter Essentials - DSON Core - PC

    Go into PP2012 and look at the library, click the icon in the shape of a folder, this is Add Library, locate and add DAZ. (You can click Documents under Libraries again to find it.)

    Once you've done this DSON should work. It does for me anyway!

    CHEERS!

  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 3,835
    edited December 1969

    True, you can do it that way, but I was just going with what I found to work.

    CHEERS!

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 2,718
    edited December 1969

    I mean DSON Importer Preferences have to be set up correctly and point to the writable Runtime :)
    most folk skip it

    Rogerbee said:

    True, you can do it that way, but I was just going with what I found to work.

    CHEERS!

  • edited October 2012

    Sunfire said:

    I am getting soooooooooooo VERY frustrating seeing this after repeated loading. I have 64bit, on Poser Pro 2012 upgrade. It won't find it no matter what I put it. Does anybody understand the frustration of uninstalling and reinstalling several dozen times with NOTHING working at all?


    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2012 Content\Genesis Essentials\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Genesis.py", line 1, in
    import dson.dzdsonimporter
    ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter


    Did you make sure that you are running SR3 or SR3.1 for your PP2012? And did you install the DSON importer to the main PP2012 runtime?

    That was it. I didn't know, it was the updated service pack from Smith Micro that I needed. I selected preserve previous back up and it still didn't save my old preferences, but at least it works...
    Now I have to figure out how to get all of the old V5 stuff I purchased months ago, and load it into the new file.

    Thanks

    Post edited by bennet.battle_d6138d08c9 on
  • griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 218
    edited December 1969

    Sunfire said:

    I am getting soooooooooooo VERY frustrating seeing this after repeated loading. I have 64bit, on Poser Pro 2012 upgrade. It won't find it no matter what I put it. Does anybody understand the frustration of uninstalling and reinstalling several dozen times with NOTHING working at all?


    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2012 Content\Genesis Essentials\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Genesis.py", line 1, in
    import dson.dzdsonimporter
    ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter


    Did you make sure that you are running SR3 or SR3.1 for your PP2012? And did you install the DSON importer to the main PP2012 runtime?

    That was it. I didn't know, it was the updated service pack from Smith Micro that I needed. I selected preserve previous back up and it still didn't save my old preferences, but at least it works...
    Now I have to figure out how to get all of the old V5 stuff I purchased months ago, and load it into the new file.

    Thanks

    Get your stuff reset, download the DSON Core file and the Poser Companion file for each item, then install them in the same place you installed the starte essentials.

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 2,718
    edited October 2012

    new Update for DAZ customers that got Neanderthal from here .. DSOn COmpanion Poser files for Neanderthal 4.5

    free here : http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=89

    I am so glad the hair working in Poser so well with the expression , it take a little time to render

    bellow preview shot from Poser also

    P.S I am going to reset all orders in my own store for the new upgraded Neanderthal to studio 4.5 so give me a moment
    I have to do it manually .. :(

    DSON_NEANDERTHAL_comp.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 432K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • LillianaLilliana Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Ugh the price went up on the pro suite bundles... I asked how long they would be on sale and no one responded to that...

    Geez thanks.

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 2,718
    edited December 1969

    I think the Daz sale ends on 10/19 i read something about this morning

    Lilliana said:
    Ugh the price went up on the pro suite bundles... I asked how long they would be on sale and no one responded to that...

    Geez thanks.

  • LillianaLilliana Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    The Prices were at 76% ish for the beginning of the sale. Does me no good now. I could afford things at that lower price point, now it is out of reach.

    Mec4D said:
    I think the Daz sale ends on 10/19 i read something about this morning

    Lilliana said:
    Ugh the price went up on the pro suite bundles... I asked how long they would be on sale and no one responded to that...

    Geez thanks.

  • BelladzinesBelladzines Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

    danboi said:
    danboi said:
    I've gone bog-eyed reading through all these posts for the answer I'm looking for :) I'd be interested to know if there any Poser 9 users here that are able to use the DSON importer without the library totally freezing after the Genesis figure imports with DSON?
    Windows 7 using the 32 bit version!

    Danny

    Hi Danny,
    I have Windows 7, 64 bit. But I am using Poser 9 32 bits. I used the DSON 32 bits on my computer. Genesis works great. I need to learn more about using Poser. Renders real fast. I am working my way up to multiple characters in a scene, I haven't put all my Daz and Poser stuff on my computer yet.

    Hi WitchStorm. It's good to know that it does work on a system and set-up that is similar to my own. With the library freeze I'm suffering from I feel so near but yet so far ;-S

    Danny

    im using PP2012 64 bit, i have poser fully updated with all the SR's yet my library still freezes with Genesis in scene .... im still reading the 50 pages but is there an answer on how to resolve this?

  • estheresther Posts: 473
    edited December 1969

    I think someone said you have to make your library floating instead of docked?

  • FixmypcmikeFixmypcmike Posts: 12,151
    edited December 1969

    Artemis3d said:
    danboi said:
    danboi said:
    I've gone bog-eyed reading through all these posts for the answer I'm looking for :) I'd be interested to know if there any Poser 9 users here that are able to use the DSON importer without the library totally freezing after the Genesis figure imports with DSON?
    Windows 7 using the 32 bit version!

    Danny

    Hi Danny,
    I have Windows 7, 64 bit. But I am using Poser 9 32 bits. I used the DSON 32 bits on my computer. Genesis works great. I need to learn more about using Poser. Renders real fast. I am working my way up to multiple characters in a scene, I haven't put all my Daz and Poser stuff on my computer yet.

    Hi WitchStorm. It's good to know that it does work on a system and set-up that is similar to my own. With the library freeze I'm suffering from I feel so near but yet so far ;-S

    Danny

    im using PP2012 64 bit, i have poser fully updated with all the SR's yet my library still freezes with Genesis in scene .... im still reading the 50 pages but is there an answer on how to resolve this?

    I've lost track of where the workaround was posted -- something like Preferences > General > Library > Startup > External

  • ioanna72ioanna72 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    If you make a utility which convert to dson to convert my content and everything i have (i hate to download everything again,its soooo confusing)
    I will buy it for sure!!!!!!!!!
    please DAZ or someone genious like D3D ;)
    thank you:)
    Jo

  • BelladzinesBelladzines Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

    In PP2012 if you set your library preferences to External, it will solve the lagging/freezing issues .... Laurie posted this over at Rendo forum for Poser.

  • AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 680
    edited December 1969

    Just wanted to share how an existing .duf format product was updated with a Poser Companion File (pcf) installer a couple of days ago ...

    The product is Yolande Hair for genesis and mil4. The genesis version was already in .duf format since it was released last month, plus the mil4 version is hr2. So it originally had the trx installer for genesis/ds and a separate mil4 installer for the hr2 package with poser and .dsa mats.

    Since the pcf update, there is a third installer which just installs the poser companion files. The 3 are:
    Yolande Hair - Victoria 4 (1 PC & 1 MAC) -- this is the mil4 hr2 version with .pz2 and .dsa mat presets
    Yolande Hair - DSON Core - (1 PC & 1 MAC) -- this is the trx genesis ds .duf version
    Yolande Hair - Poser Companion - (1 PC & 1 MAC) -- this is the NEW genesis poser dson importer version

    I like how the pcf files are separate so you don't have to install it unless you want to... and it can be updated/dropped independently if needed.

  • BelladzinesBelladzines Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

    Now i have a new issue ...

    After having to update my Daz Studio to 4.5 .... and i reinstalled the DSON stuff ... my v5 shapes isnt showing up in Female REal world parameters in my PP2012 ....

    does anyone have any ideas on this one?

  • GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 508
    edited December 1969

    Here's an example of what I was able to do once I got the DSON importer working. I just wish that it would import into Carrara 8 decently. I do most of my rendering in C8 and setup in P9.

    David

    augustine_genesis_01.jpg
    1125 x 1575 - 606K
  • Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 1,588
    edited December 1969

    ketthrove said:
    Isikol said:
    does anyone else has a black line towards his body in the preview in poser?

    is this normal?

    Those are on whenever the figure is subd or being grafted to.


    So this must be the reason will can't hide body parts !

  • rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

    ketthrove said:
    Isikol said:
    does anyone else has a black line towards his body in the preview in poser?

    is this normal?

    Those are on whenever the figure is subd or being grafted to.


    So this must be the reason will can't hide body parts !

    DSON Importer > for Poser > User Guide > Using the DSON Importer for Poser > Tutorials > How to Use the DSON Importer for Poser # A few things to Keep in Mind

    -Rob

  • Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 1,588
    edited October 2012

    rbtwhiz said:
    ketthrove said:
    Isikol said:
    does anyone else has a black line towards his body in the preview in poser?

    is this normal?

    Those are on whenever the figure is subd or being grafted to.


    So this must be the reason will can't hide body parts !

    DSON Importer > for Poser > User Guide > Using the DSON Importer for Poser > Tutorials > How to Use the DSON Importer for Poser # A few things to Keep in Mind

    -Rob


    Got it Rob thanks

    To Hide a body part - The “Visible” check box in your parameters will not work on Genesis. To hide a body part do the following:

    Select the body part.
    In the Parameters pane, scroll down to “MeshResolution” and expand it using the (+).
    Set SubDivision Exclude to “1.000 (1 = Exclude “ON”, 0 = Exclude “OFF”)

    Post edited by Midnight_stories on
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 3,835
    edited October 2012

    Mec4D said:
    I mean DSON Importer Preferences have to be set up correctly and point to the writable Runtime :)
    most folk skip it

    Rogerbee said:

    True, you can do it that way, but I was just going with what I found to work.

    CHEERS!

    Will it not work if you don't do that!? If it does work then perhaps I did it. It was early in the morning when I set DSON up and I was kind of on autopilot!

    Anyhow, when I've done all my shopping I'll get Buddy 2 to M5 set up.

    CHEERS!

    EDIT:

    Ah, I had a look and I had done it, I'll go back to my steps in case anyone reads them!

    Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 3,835
    edited December 1969

    Artemis3d said:
    Now i have a new issue ...

    After having to update my Daz Studio to 4.5 .... and i reinstalled the DSON stuff ... my v5 shapes isnt showing up in Female REal world parameters in my PP2012 ....

    does anyone have any ideas on this one?

    Is your V5 the DSON version!?

    CHEERS!

  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 3,835
    edited October 2012

    Artemis3d said:
    In PP2012 if you set your library preferences to External, it will solve the lagging/freezing issues .... Laurie posted this over at Rendo forum for Poser.

    Library issues are interesting, I remember asking about them way back when I first got P9. I was told then that Flash and the way other browsers used it could cause library issues in Poser. As far as I can recall, Google Chrome and Firefox aren't good due to the way they utilise Flash. Safari, so I was told, was one browser that wouldn't have much effect. I've been using it as my default browser for ages and haven't really had that many library issues. Keeping Flash up to date is always a good idea and you always have to do that via IE.

    I can only go by what has worked for me though, other issues others have had might well be due to other things I haven't encountered.

    CHEERS!

    EDIT

    I think Adobe Air is something that P9 and PP2012 also make use of, so it's best to update that when necessary too.

    Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • oz_tanglesoz_tangles Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

    Mec4D said:
    no idea I did not checked , but this may help until then http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=86

    The Genesis figure in DAZ Studio supports several different UV mapping options (V4, M5, ...). What is the default UV mapping for the DSON Genesis figure? Will alternative mappings be supported?

    Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for.

  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 3,835
    edited December 1969

    Mec4D said:
    no idea I did not checked , but this may help until then http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=86

    The Genesis figure in DAZ Studio supports several different UV mapping options (V4, M5, ...). What is the default UV mapping for the DSON Genesis figure? Will alternative mappings be supported?

    Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for.

    Watching the videos on the site is also a good idea.

    CHEERS!

  • oz_tanglesoz_tangles Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

    Thanks again to Mec4D for the free UV mapper!

    I have another problem. I've installed Genesis Evolution Bodymorphs 1.4 which is supposed to be DSON compatible. The files are
    in Genesis Essentials\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Base. However I can't find the morph dials in PP2012. I am probably looking in the wrong place!

This discussion has been closed.
Rocket Fuel