DSON for Poser - Whats YOUR verdict ?
Just curious as to what everyones user experiences have been so far with the DSON importer for Poser ?
I spent best part of the weekend trailing the DSON importer and my opinion would be "not yet".
I'm an ardent supporter of both Daz and Poser...Sadly tho my work flow is often split between the two, least it gives me a different approach and choice.
-The beauty of P9 is WM, SSS, ease of animation, the morph brush and Posers vast array of lighting options available (IBL, IDL, Gi Zone, etc)
-The ugliness of poser is its outdated UI, its horrible poke through issues with clothing
On the other hand...
- The beauty of Genesis is its autofit tool; Nothing better than to use Genesis with GenX and have a M4 / Genesis shape hybrid, load up an old piece of M3 or M4 or even V4 clothing and autofit does its business, smoothing and calculating the morphs to have " near perfect" clothing.
- The ugliness of Daz is its next to useless animation system and poor choice of lighting options (UberEnv is getting there but...)
My thoughts on the whole "Genesis in Poser"
- The beauty of having Genesis is the ability to use all your old content flawlessly, its great to be able to morph up a total unique character and have old clothes fit it. At the moment only solution I can see is use the DSON importer to load up genesis, morph it, save, then use "conforming clothing by D3D" or XDresser or Wardrobe Wizard for the clothing in doing this it takes away from the whole beauty of autofit having to jump out of one app to fire up a converter.
- Sadly with this release you have to generate poser companion files or thanks to Dimension 3D with a handy script this may not be the case, I have yet to try but here's hoping it works
- The Separate runtime is horrible, I could live with it if it was JUST for the Genesis figure, but as above splitting off two runtimes just for "poser comanion" content is a total time drain, if like me you have a huge library and pride yourself on keeping it tidy and organised, this will drive you insane.
My hopes would be in future an inapp autofit / conforming util is released alongside the DSON importer and the possibility of a shared runtime.
I'm gonna keep my eye on this as certainly having the choice to use Genesis in Poser is a real boon, as so far Daz allows alot of backwards compatibility with content, here's hoping the same can be made with Poser.
Oh and if anyone does have handy tips for a) bypassing 2 runtimes b) conforming clothing nicely please let me know !
What's your user experiences so far in terms of workflow ?