Why doesn't Daz tell me when I have bought something before?

2»

Comments

  • DalijnaDalijna Posts: 1
    edited October 2012

    first post in new forum *g* but it seems to fit in here :)

    i hope daz will fix it (also for the old ones) cause.. since chance of homepage and since i noticed, i do not get a warning any longer, when i'm unsure if i purchased it.. and i do not need it for an actual picture (and do search my item history - and i hate it - a searchfield would be comfortabler - but searching only with the arrows and site numbers for alphabetical? i think its a unreasanable demand that i should do this only to be sure if i purchased it before - and i mean..years and tons of items) then in the last months i decided often to simple not purchase it - so i spend the money i saved at daz at other stores.

    i mean.. for me its simple - there are other options and its not so often for me in the last months, that there are items, i really really need from daz and could not find something alike from a other store - and much more comfortable to buy (or maybe in the deep of my runtimes something to work around and so safe the money completely, what is not bad for my creditcard and money - but i think, bad for the shop cause it lost a purchase i would have made, when there are warnings)

    thanks for the link for the daz historytool.. but when im honest i think it also as impertinence, that purchasing at a shop (and be sure you havent purchased the software before, cause we are speaking of non shippable items) i had to run a tool to get sure.

    i mean: a big big thank you for the one who made this tool!
    its really a nice workaround and thank you for this! i will help me :) and im sure it will help many others.

    But for Daz? Sorry - thats a in my honest opinion nothing else than a confession of failure.
    Yes there may be problems - but i'm not writing as a homepage supporter or something and daz have my whole sympathy for dealing with all the problems - i only write as a customer, and sympathy or not - its also simple a matter of time to spend and money i have to spend.
    And as a customer.. i do not think, this is necessary for me to spend my time for a uncomfortable search if i purchased something before (or use a tool to find out if i purchased it before), when there are other options at other stores.

    I mean, no harm to daz and i am a customer for long years and for a long time, daz was my mainstore to purchase - but in the last months i noticed the change (already did not renew my PC Membership and suspended the monthly renew, cause it wasnt necessary for me any longer and didnt help me saving money).
    So im not writing to moan or threat - i noticed the changes in my buying manner - without thinking about daz lesser than before or something - i am also not angry or something else - its simply not so useful and comfortable to buy at daz for me any longer and this seems to result (for me) in more money at other stores (and without the decision to do not buy at daz or something - it simple happend in the last months)

    I am also not writing this to critizise only - i am sure they do what they could!
    and if they are not able to warn you about a prevoius purchase any longer, than so it is. Many other people would not mind or are willing to do the search for previous purchase.

    But i think, there are others feeling similar to me... and for this - and so for Daz (hey i liked spend my money here before! and i like my purchased products - its a great store) i hope they could fix it for all purchased - old and future.

    Post edited by Dalijna on
  • BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 577
    edited December 1969

    esther said:
    well sometimes it is more than a year or even longer before I notice I have something twice. If it is something one has bought a long time ago then I am sure many would never notice they have bought it twice.

    Esther is so right.
    I have had this problem too. Even when I bought something which would not work in D4, and didn't discover until months later, because it exceeded 30 days, no store credit.

    There has got to be a better way.
    Renderosity is very good at informing you if you have bought an item before, so it can be done.

  • BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 577
    edited December 1969

    OK, sounds like a great idea just introduced by Esther....

    How about a render thread for a Poser Secretary?
    With the great talent here, and the wonderful humour so many here present, it should be a lot of fun.

    R

  • jinix90jinix90 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    esther said:
    30 days doesn't help me as I buy stuff I know I am going to need later. And I can easily buy the same thing twice but not install it for months.
    Normally it is such a small amount individually that I can't be bothered to write in about it. I guess that is why it isn't a high priority. I would call it a bug.
    Pity. It stops me shopping for anything except new stuff.
    Love esther

    If all the customers are like you then it adds significantly to income - it sounds like a smart business move and moves more product.
    Not a bad thing in the end as costs money to improve the products.
    In the long run it's up to the buyer to keep track of their own spending.
    Do you have email receipts somewhere?

  • FixmypcmikeFixmypcmike Posts: 12,124
    edited December 1969

    jinix90 said:
    esther said:
    30 days doesn't help me as I buy stuff I know I am going to need later. And I can easily buy the same thing twice but not install it for months.
    Normally it is such a small amount individually that I can't be bothered to write in about it. I guess that is why it isn't a high priority. I would call it a bug.
    Pity. It stops me shopping for anything except new stuff.
    Love esther

    If all the customers are like you then it adds significantly to income - it sounds like a smart business move and moves more product.
    Not a bad thing in the end as costs money to improve the products.
    In the long run it's up to the buyer to keep track of their own spending.
    Do you have email receipts somewhere?

    I doubt it's a smart business move -- they probably lose more from people not buying because they aren't sure if they've bought it before then they gain, and returns cost money.

  • AngMoAngMo Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

    This may have been suggested before but:

    Perhaps being able to manually search your own account’s “Itemized Order History” would help fill the void.

    The database is in place and updated with every purchase.
    It shouldn’t be too difficult to add the search field to the top of the Itemized Order History page(s) such as the one above where you can “search the forum” and
    have the search engine use the same data that would be gathered for displaying all of the individual’s purchases.

    "If you aren’t in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?" -T.S.Eliot

  • estheresther Posts: 473
    edited December 1969

    that would be really useful, but if they were going to do that they would have done it by now.

  • AngMoAngMo Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

    There seems to be a number of things they should have done by now.

  • ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 537
    edited December 1969

    Other people have suggested this, but it's worth doing for a number of reasons.

    Make a spreadsheet that lists your purchases. Include individual item names for bundle purchases. Include price, place bought (Daz, Rendo, RNDA, PoserWorld, etc), whether you have eternal access to download it, the filename of the installer, price paid, and its normal price (good for bragging and tracking spending and sales).

    It takes a while to set up and is a commitment to maintain, but it is SOO worth it. I barely even noticed when DAZ stopped notifying about previous purchases.

  • AngMoAngMo Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

    Actually, I had already done this, but if your collection is growing (as I'm rather certain that DAZ would like for it to be) then keeping a spreadsheet up to date can be more than a pain. More time spent adding to the spreadsheet means less time browsing, searching & purchasing. (creating, rendering, etc.)

  • KeryaKerya Posts: 7,236
    edited October 2012

    AngMo said:
    Actually, I had already done this, but if your collection is growing (as I'm rather certain that DAZ would like for it to be) then keeping a spreadsheet up to date can be more than a pain. More time spent adding to the spreadsheet means less time browsing, searching & purchasing. (creating, rendering, etc.)

    Especially when you have to browse each time you buy something through your itemized order history here to copy the line from there ...
    I have Taozen's DazHistoryManager, but it doesn't list items in bundles.

    Post edited by Kerya on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 2,340
    edited December 1969

    Greetings,
    Wow. I've mostly figured Taozen has this stuff locked up; it's a great tool from everything I hear, but I couldn't use it because I'm on a Mac, so I built a web app to do it all for me, but I figured most folks would be using his tool. Would folks be interested in using a web app that let you download your order history, with bundle information broken out, in CSV format?

    My web app already checks for content that I bought in bundles when I'm browsing DAZ's store pages (E.g. the attached image)...the only thing I'd have to add is a CSV exporter...

    -- Morgan

    bundle-example.png
    700 x 172 - 102K
  • TaozenTaozen Posts: 2,206
    edited December 1969

    Kerya said:
    AngMo said:
    Actually, I had already done this, but if your collection is growing (as I'm rather certain that DAZ would like for it to be) then keeping a spreadsheet up to date can be more than a pain. More time spent adding to the spreadsheet means less time browsing, searching & purchasing. (creating, rendering, etc.)

    Especially when you have to browse each time you buy something through your itemized order history here to copy the line from there ...
    I have Taozen's DazHistoryManager, but it doesn't list items in bundles.

    I'm actually working on including support for bundles also, shouldn't take too long before it's ready if all goes as planned.

  • TaozenTaozen Posts: 2,206
    edited October 2012

    esther said:
    well sometimes it is more than a year or even longer before I notice I have something twice. If it is something one has bought a long time ago then I am sure many would never notice they have bought it twice.

    Esther is so right.
    I have had this problem too. Even when I bought something which would not work in D4, and didn't discover until months later, because it exceeded 30 days, no store credit.

    There has got to be a better way.
    Renderosity is very good at informing you if you have bought an item before, so it can be done.

    Well their system don't work for bundles either, AFAIK.

    Post edited by Taozen on
  • randym77randym77 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    For a long time, I just didn't buy anything older products here because it was too hard to tell if I already had them.

    DazHistoryManager is a lifesaver for PC users. I try to remember to check the "Fun With Bundles" page before placing an order, too.

    It's not 100% effective; for some reason, a few items are not in my order history (even though I have receipts for them and know I bought them).

    If you use a Gmail account, you can search it for the item name and see if you bought it that way.

    I've caught many duplicate purchases when I download them and it asks me if I want to overwrite the file. (I always download purchases to the same file(s). Put in a ticket to DAZ, and usually get the credit in a few days.

  • GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 638
    edited October 2012

    Yeah, I probably would have spent a lot more in the PA and PC sale if I didn't have to spend 10 minutes to find out if I bought something every time something caught my eye. I basically gave up after a while.

    Post edited by GhostofMacbeth on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 7,236
    edited December 1969

    Taozen said:
    Kerya said:
    AngMo said:
    Actually, I had already done this, but if your collection is growing (as I'm rather certain that DAZ would like for it to be) then keeping a spreadsheet up to date can be more than a pain. More time spent adding to the spreadsheet means less time browsing, searching & purchasing. (creating, rendering, etc.)

    Especially when you have to browse each time you buy something through your itemized order history here to copy the line from there ...
    I have Taozen's DazHistoryManager, but it doesn't list items in bundles.

    I'm actually working on including support for bundles also, shouldn't take too long before it's ready if all goes as planned.

    Oooooh! :) :) :)

Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel