- - Spyro's Render Thread and Projects - -

13468918

Comments

  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 2,524
    edited December 1969

    Jaderail said:
    Pendraia if you make it, I will snag it. Your good and you know it.
    lol...I think that you see me differently to how I see me. But then I have been accused by people of selling myself short at times...; )

  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 2,524
    edited December 1969

    I've been playing for a while and this what I've got so far...still a long way to go. I still have to add more detail to the skirt. Going to have a break for a while. I'm happy with the rough outline but I want to add more drapery type details to the hem and also around the waist. I've worked out how I'm going to do the brown belt now...hopefully it will all work.

    detailing_wip.png
    1000 x 1414 - 582K
    Tribal_Girl_by_Celestial4ever.jpg
    354 x 500 - 37K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited December 1969

    OMG That is wonderful! Looks great! I'm so excited now :cheese: Can't wait to see your further progress :)

  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 2,524
    edited December 1969

    Spyro said:
    OMG That is wonderful! Looks great! I'm so excited now :cheese: Can't wait to see your further progress :)

    Glad you like it! : ) It's got a long way to go...I did warn you I'm slow at this didn't I? Mainly as I don't have a lot of spare time. I've stopped for today as I'm starting too overthink it. I still have to give the back a bit more shape and I'm debating about the hem and waistband how much movement it needs. Im thinking with the hem of doing a separate material zone so I can add fur either through displacement or using the new hair plugin as that will probably be out soon.

    Do you have any other pics of this outfit? I really would like to see aback view and also if both arms are the same.

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited December 1969

    No unfortunately I don't... I had a lot of trouble finding the reference images that I actually like. There's sooo much "Dress-up" and ridiculously revealing clothing in the tribal genre. It was hard to filter what was appropriate and what wasn't.

    I imagine the back would be a little more rounded, and broad... Best pic I have is this one (The back view)

    I really should get back into my concept art, and develop some designs so that they can be made. I've done lots of sci-fi and modern outfits... But nothing tribal :(


    PS. Thank you so much for all this, I never would have asked you to do it and I'm so very much delighted that you are :)

    Yusuf_Tazim_Art04.jpg
    1500 x 978 - 815K
  • IvyIvy Posts: 1,882
    edited December 1969

    Spyro said:
    No unfortunately I don't... I had a lot of trouble finding the reference images that I actually like. There's sooo much "Dress-up" and ridiculously revealing clothing in the tribal genre. It was hard to filter what was appropriate and what wasn't.

    I imagine the back would be a little more rounded, and broad... Best pic I have is this one (The back view)

    I really should get back into my concept art, and develop some designs so that they can be made. I've done lots of sci-fi and modern outfits... But nothing tribal :(


    PS. Thank you so much for all this, I never would have asked you to do it and I'm so very much delighted that you are :)

    these look like likeable fellas :)
    nice work

  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 2,524
    edited December 1969

    Spyro said:
    No unfortunately I don't... I had a lot of trouble finding the reference images that I actually like. There's sooo much "Dress-up" and ridiculously revealing clothing in the tribal genre. It was hard to filter what was appropriate and what wasn't.

    I imagine the back would be a little more rounded, and broad... Best pic I have is this one (The back view)

    I really should get back into my concept art, and develop some designs so that they can be made. I've done lots of sci-fi and modern outfits... But nothing tribal :(


    PS. Thank you so much for all this, I never would have asked you to do it and I'm so very much delighted that you are :)

    Oh well, I'll just do what I want with it then...; ) Thanks for the pic it gave me a few ideas on how to add more detail...

    Wait until it's finished...lol...you may not like what I do! lol All jokes aside...glad that it pleased you : )

  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 2,524
    edited October 2012

    Work from today...mainly extra detailing.

    I've also set up material zones for the hem and skirt.

    Spryo, do you want me to set up a separate thread for this so I don't clutter your thread up?

    Let me know...

    Pen

    skirt_right_side.png
    1000 x 1414 - 404K
    skirt_left_side.png
    1000 x 1414 - 468K
    skirt_front.png
    1000 x 1414 - 527K
    skirt_back.png
    1000 x 1414 - 547K
    Post edited by Pendraia on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited December 1969

    Pendraia said:
    Spyro said:
    No unfortunately I don't... I had a lot of trouble finding the reference images that I actually like. There's sooo much "Dress-up" and ridiculously revealing clothing in the tribal genre. It was hard to filter what was appropriate and what wasn't.

    I imagine the back would be a little more rounded, and broad... Best pic I have is this one (The back view)

    I really should get back into my concept art, and develop some designs so that they can be made. I've done lots of sci-fi and modern outfits... But nothing tribal :(


    PS. Thank you so much for all this, I never would have asked you to do it and I'm so very much delighted that you are :)

    Oh well, I'll just do what I want with it then...; ) Thanks for the pic it gave me a few ideas on how to add more detail...

    Wait until it's finished...lol...you may not like what I do! lol All jokes aside...glad that it pleased you : )

    Considering you wowed me with the fleshed out stage of the modeling, that's saying something :cheese:

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited December 1969

    Pendraia said:
    Work from today...

    Okay, guess I was bit late responding to your previous post. Did I mention YOU ARE AWESOME!! That is just amazing! I totally aspire to your great skills. You will totally be a vendor one day!! LOVEIN IT!!

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited December 1969

    The ripples in the cloth are looking great, Love the thickness you got going... Many items I've used, thickness is overdone or neglected... Spot On!, I'm very glad you made the seam line too! Adds a really nice definition of detail!! My theory has always been, that if the mesh is modeled with all the details it needs, nothing need be painted on in the texturing, soooo much more realistic! Well done!

  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 2,524
    edited December 1969

    Spyro said:
    Considering you wowed me with the fleshed out stage of the modeling, that's saying something :cheese:
    Thanks : )
    Here are some renders with a fur shader from the supersuit...but I believe it's based on furrify which is based on my original shader I should be able to include some fur.

    Unfortunately looks like it may need some extra mesh as the displacement looks like it's ripping/distorting the mesh.

    Do you want me to start a separate wip thread?

    I think I was updating my post as you you posted...

    test.png
    1000 x 1414 - 3M
    test_2.png
    1000 x 1414 - 682K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 2,524
    edited December 1969

    Spyro said:
    Pendraia said:
    Work from today...

    Okay, guess I was bit late responding to your previous post. Did I mention YOU ARE AWESOME!! That is just amazing! I totally aspire to your great skills. You will totally be a vendor one day!! LOVEIN IT!!

    The ripples in the cloth are looking great, Love the thickness you got going... Many items I've used, thickness is overdone or neglected... Spot On!, I'm very glad you made the seam line too! Adds a really nice definition of detail!! My theory has always been, that if the mesh is modeled with all the details it needs, nothing need be painted on in the texturing, soooo much more realistic! Well done!

    *blushes, Thanks!

    As I've mentioned earlier I still have a long way to go, there is so much I don't know how to do yet!I agree that it's good to have the details modeled in. I've also done some stitching for down the sides but I have to work out how to get it into DS. When I tried send it to ds it tried to make it into morph of the first bit...still have to work out how to fix that.

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited December 1969

    This is amazing! I'm just soooo Excited!!

    If you would like to make a WIP thread, Art zone is the place for it! Feel free to repost all the reference images and art work. This is your modeling project, if you want to make a awesome WIP thread for your creations, by all means :) I'll be following you in there!!

    Thanks again for doing all this!! I'll totally throw my cloth making questions at you as I progress past my boots, You're a natural! Also the fur is really looking good!

  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 2,524
    edited December 1969

    Spyro said:
    This is amazing! I'm just soooo Excited!!

    If you would like to make a WIP thread, Art zone is the place for it! Feel free to repost all the reference images and art work. This is your modeling project, if you want to make a awesome WIP thread for your creations, by all means :) I'll be following you in there!!

    Thanks again for doing all this!! I'll totally throw my cloth making questions at you as I progress past my boots, You're a natural! Also the fur is really looking good!

    Thanks for the support...I'll start a separate thread so I don't clutter yours up. We want to see your renders! ; )

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited December 1969

    LOL, I'm easy, as long as I get author ship of 'Spyro's render thread part II" I'm happy hahaha!

  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 2,524
    edited December 1969

    Spyro said:
    LOL, I'm easy, as long as I get author ship of 'Spyro's render thread part II" I'm happy hahaha!

    lol.. I've set up a separate thread so I don't sidetrack this one.

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited December 1969

    Boots Progress Update

    Working on building up the base leather for the boot. (Working up the leg)

    I've had to rounded the boot as I move up, the ankle to foot area is rather square in the mesh, where as the leg is rounded.

    As I complete the leg, I will neaten up the mesh and adjust the angles of the poly's so as everything smooths over nicely.

    Boot6_2.jpg
    1157 x 771 - 618K
    Boot6_1.jpg
    1190 x 762 - 210K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited December 1969

    Okay... I just got tangled up in verts... Only a matter of time that I did. Now it's set me back :roll:

  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 2,524
    edited December 1969

    Spyro said:
    Okay... I just got tangled up in verts... Only a matter of time that I did. Now it's set me back :roll:
    Bummer...do you have a previous save you can reload?
    What program are you using? I tend to incrementally save in hexagon frequently.

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited December 1969

    I use 3ds max... It's all solvable, I just aligned the wrong vertexes together on the X axis, perspective view vortex modeling solved the issue. This all happens when you're not able to use the symmetry modifier, cos the model of a boot cannot be symmetrical on any axis not to mention the incredibly high poly count necessary for daz models.

    I also do save in increments as well. Though it wasn't too bad to have to switch over to a previous save. Thankfully.

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited December 1969

    Creating the boot with the ripples of the leather. Once again, need to round the geometry before continuing to build up further on the leg.

    Boot6_3.jpg
    402 x 657 - 98K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited December 1969

    Defining the leather. Rounded the leg and am working my way up further.

    Boot6_4.jpg
    669 x 785 - 160K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited December 1969

    Boots Update.

    Much more progression here. The base model of the boot has now been fleshed out. I'm refining the mesh to rid of any dents or extrusions that don't belong. Then I'll work out how I'm gonna go about the leather boot wrapping. (Straps and clips come last.)

    I've also toggled on the smoothing which will help me with making fixes that are needed. Smoothing will always reveal any dents and extrusions.

    ss.jpg
    540 x 738 - 108K
    Boot7_2.jpg
    613 x 767 - 83K
    Boot7_1.jpg
    541 x 749 - 373K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 2,524
    edited October 2012

    Spyro said:
    I use 3ds max... It's all solvable, I just aligned the wrong vertexes together on the X axis, perspective view vortex modeling solved the issue. This all happens when you're not able to use the symmetry modifier, cos the model of a boot cannot be symmetrical on any axis not to mention the incredibly high poly count necessary for daz models.

    I also do save in increments as well. Though it wasn't too bad to have to switch over to a previous save. Thankfully.

    Glad it was easy to sort out. It looks like it is coming along nicely...love the last shot.

    Post edited by Pendraia on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited December 1969

    Thanks Pendraia :cheese:

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    I must admit I'm finding these WIP threads good things to watch. They give us none modelers a peek into a new world.

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited October 2012

    Thanks Jaderail! Soon you might want to learn Hexagon or something and have a WIP thread of your own :cheese: It's great fun, and you get more motivation knowing your showing your progress.

    UPDATE ON BOOTS

    Working on the leather wrapping on the boot (As was designed on the original concept painting) This thickens the boot and gives a more sturdy appearance. In terms of practicality, the boot is reinforced and more protective in the more rugged terrains.

    I was able to use the base boot as a reference for the wrapping, I originally copied the section of the base boot that I wanted then shaped it in the form of the thick wrapping. I'm pretty happy with it so far. To ease the modeling process I deleted several rows of wires, shaped it then am slowly adding them back and shaping them accordingly to build up the high poly model. You can see in the hiddenline view that I have been adding resolution from the bottom up.

    Once the model has all the necessary added wires/verts I will commence defining the ripples and folds in the wrapping. I also intend to have a seam running down one side and for it's opposing side I'm considering a zipper.

    ss.jpg
    540 x 738 - 108K
    Boot8_3.jpg
    434 x 752 - 104K
    Boot8_2.jpg
    587 x 767 - 127K
    Boot8_1.jpg
    575 x 768 - 166K
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited December 1969

    News 7 - Episode 4

    SPYRONews4.jpg
    1000 x 796 - 689K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Spyro the pyro creating around the clock
    News 7 hired him to protect their little flock
    The Zombie hoard did appear
    That was nothing for he without fear
    It took a bit and very much wit
    Some sweat and tears even some grit
    News 7 is clear of the living dead
    Ready for all the news that is ahead
    And all we get is Spyro on his on his butt
    With his mouth for once humbly shut

Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel