Poser Companion? Legacy? DSON Core?

MurgatroydMurgatroyd Posts: 582
edited December 1969 in The Commons

On some of my recent purchases, there are three versions available. I'm purely a DS 4.5 user. Does it make any difference which one I download?

Comments

  • KhoryKhory Posts: 2,572
    edited December 1969

    If your not using poser 9 or 2012 you don't need any of the dson export stuff. So Studio only people will not need to get any of it.

  • MurgatroydMurgatroyd Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

    Khory said:
    If your not using poser 9 or 2012 you don't need any of the dson export stuff. So Studio only people will not need to get any of it.

    That doesn't answer the question. WHICH of the three files should I download? Or does it make no difference, in which case the question is which one is smallest?

  • KhoryKhory Posts: 2,572
    edited October 2012

    Why do you want to download any of them if you don't use poser 9 or 2012? Or did I miss understand when you said you were a studio only user?

    To use genesis in Poser you need all 3.

    Post edited by Khory on
  • MurgatroydMurgatroyd Posts: 582
    edited October 2012

    If I don't download any of the three, I don't get the product I bought.

    Edit: To clarify, I've attached a screenshot from my download page. This is the complete assortment of files for this product. I'm on a Mac, so that cuts it down to three of the six. Which of those three do I want?

    Screen_Shot_2012-10-11_at_7.27_.09_PM_.png
    344 x 277 - 36K
    Post edited by Murgatroyd on
  • SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

    You only need the legacy one for either PC or Mac. The other 2 files are for Poser users.

    Hope that helps :)

  • rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

    If you are using DAZ Studio 4.5, you'll want "DSON Core"...
    If your are using an earlier version of DAZ Studio, one that doesn't support the DSON format, you'll want "Legacy"...
    If you are using Poser 9/Pro 2012 with SR3 applied and the DSON Importer, you'll want the "DSON Core" AND the "Poser Companion"...
    If you are using an earlier version of Poser, you do not have [and you do not intended to have] SR3 or the DSON Importer installed, you'll want "Legacy"...

    -Rob

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    So DSON Core is the New Default DS4.5 file. That's good to know.

  • SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

    Thanks Rob... totally screwed that up. Sorry :(

  • EximorphEximorph Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

    rbtwhiz said:
    If you are using DAZ Studio 4.5, you'll want "DSON Core"...
    If your are using an earlier version of DAZ Studio, one that doesn't support the DSON format, you'll want "Legacy"...
    If you are using Poser 9/Pro 2012 with SR3 applied and the DSON Importer, you'll want the "DSON Core" AND the "Poser Companion"...
    If you are using an earlier version of Poser, you do not have [and you do not intended to have] SR3 or the DSON Importer installed, you'll want "Legacy"...

    -Rob

    I'm using Carrara 8.5 beta, so which files will I need?

  • MurgatroydMurgatroyd Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

    Thanks, Rob.

  • FixmypcmikeFixmypcmike Posts: 12,246
    edited December 1969

    Eximorph said:
    rbtwhiz said:
    If you are using DAZ Studio 4.5, you'll want "DSON Core"...
    If your are using an earlier version of DAZ Studio, one that doesn't support the DSON format, you'll want "Legacy"...
    If you are using Poser 9/Pro 2012 with SR3 applied and the DSON Importer, you'll want the "DSON Core" AND the "Poser Companion"...
    If you are using an earlier version of Poser, you do not have [and you do not intended to have] SR3 or the DSON Importer installed, you'll want "Legacy"...

    -Rob

    I'm using Carrara 8.5 beta, so which files will I need?

    DSON Core

  • KhoryKhory Posts: 2,572
    edited December 1969

    Sorry Murgatroyd, my head was still on the question I have seen a dozen times today. Didn't even think about a new product bought today.

  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,075
    edited December 1969

    Sorry to momentarily derail this but...Khory, I love your avatar! Very nice. :)

Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel