I'm confused

BurnartBurnart Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

When I look at the Carrara Discussion page the threads are no longer listed in the order in which they were last posted to. If I click on one of the links up the top such as "View New Posts" I'm redirected to a page which shows new posts across all the forums.

If I come and look at the Carrara Discussion thread I want to be able to see at a glance what is going on and what are the hot topics. This new DAZ forum setup makes difficult what is basic to every other forum I've ever seen. Why? It seems very un-user-friendly.

Perhaps its a form of social control forcing us Carraraholics to mix with others?

Maybe I've missed some aspect of the new setup ........ (wouldn't be the first time! ) Please re-educate me if I am wrong.

Comments

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,790
    edited December 1969

    It has been remarked on a few times. The stupid forum software lists threads by when posted, so the newsets posts are at the bottom of the list. We are just hoping it will get sorted out soon.

  • Kulay WolfKulay Wolf Posts: 11,028
    edited December 1969

    chohole said:
    It has been remarked on a few times. The stupid forum software lists threads by when posted, so the newsets posts are at the bottom of the list. We are just hoping it will get sorted out soon.

    Could there be an announcement so that it can be shown at all forums that Daz is aware of the problem?

  • Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 522
    edited December 1969

    This is the absolute best comment I've read about the new forum software!

    chohole said:
    It has been remarked on a few times. The stupid forum software lists threads by when posted, so the newsets posts are at the bottom of the list. We are just hoping it will get sorted out soon.

  • BurnartBurnart Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    I was wondering - there seemed a correlation between the newness of the most recent post and thread order, albeit reversed, on thread list page 2 but it doesn't seem to be consistent on page 1.

  • Akulla3DAkulla3D Posts: 121
    edited December 1969

    FAIL. How is it that DAZ bought software that doesnt even do basic Forum stuff like list new topics first.

  • booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 404
    edited December 1969

    akulla3D said:
    FAIL. How is it that DAZ bought software that doesnt even do basic Forum stuff like list new topics first.

    The telemarketer that cold called the office must have been VERY good.

  • BurnartBurnart Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Burnart said:
    I was wondering - there seemed a correlation between the newness of the most recent post and thread order, albeit reversed, on thread list page 2 but it doesn't seem to be consistent on page 1.

    Probably bad manners to quote oneself but today there is no correlation between thread post order and the recentness of the last post on either of the Carrara Discussion pages. Must be a real pain in the butt for anyone using the more popular DAZ forums.

  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 8,738
    edited December 1969

    They just fixed the order of the threads started so that the newest shows at the top. They are working on the posts bumping the thread to the top of the list.

  • JaguarEllaJaguarElla Posts: 10,629
    edited December 1969

    yeah, even the troll forums use better software.
    the something awful one that embeds a lot of my videos for trolls to rubbish (I look at YouTube insight) has every bell and whistle!

  • MiloMilo Posts: 317
    edited December 1969

    Frank0314 said:
    They just fixed the order of the threads started so that the newest shows at the top. They are working on the posts bumping the thread to the top of the list.

    Doesn't work that way for me, those with the newest postings (showing the bold) where on both pages, with plenty I had read scattered. I am finding myself not looking forward to coming here. I can't imagine if we had many pages of threads and had to search through 20 pages to find a new post :)

Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel