Luke and Laura for Genesis, Genesis Teen Renders

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 7,237
    edited December 1969

I am happy to hear you are having a better experience this time! Honestly. I was worried you are loosing having fun with rendering.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 2,524
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Seems some of the memory management issues with 3A and earlier versions of 4.0 that I found so vexing may have been resolved as I never could cancel a render, and try another one without first closing and reopening the app. Also cancelling a render immediately ends the process unlike in older versions where it would keep running, sometimes for a long time before clearing. Still wish they had a background/queue rendering mode like Poser Pro 2010/2012 have though.

Going to try a few more poses expressions and settings as well as recreating the Harpsichord scene but this time with her elven friend Tracey (who will use a bit more of Princess) to see just how far I can push things.

I guess I should maybe put Throne's Teen character on the "virtual wish list" however Princess works so good, especially for getting a more youthful face as TZORG mentioned.

OK, so guess I was a bit harsh on 4.5/Genesis. Most of my initial experiments were with the early releases of 4.0 which admittedly did negatively colour my opinion. The body shapes (I have all the Gen4 and AIko/HIro3 ones) along with GenerationX help a lot and actually make this interesting again. The original Leela took years to "perfect" as best as Gen 4 could handle it. Only 3+ hours from basically "nothing" to a fairly finished character with Genesis is, frankly, amazing.

OK, everyone, grab those cocoanut creme pies and begin throwing. :red:

No coconut creme pies...just really pleased that you have gotten it to work better for you. : )

The time it takes to create characters using genesis is amazing I agree!

Hugs

Pen

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 972
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    TZORG said:

I check the store every day for Thorne's product... That's the last thing I'm still waiting for

DAZ is *Still* holding out on us :( I've been waiting ever since Thorne made the announcement. Like you, checking almost every day since.

'Daz soon' is like never.

It's a conspiracy - DAZ did not buy Thorne's morphs to release them themselves. They bought them to make sure they are never released, so there never, ever will be teens character for Genesis.

Just because they're evil ^^

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    Spyro said:
    TZORG said:

I check the store every day for Thorne's product... That's the last thing I'm still waiting for

DAZ is *Still* holding out on us :( I've been waiting ever since Thorne made the announcement. Like you, checking almost every day since.

'Daz soon' is like never.

It's a conspiracy - DAZ did not buy Thorne's morphs to release them themselves. They bought them to make sure they are never released, so there never, ever will be teens character for Genesis.

Just because they're evil ^^

:-P

t-1000notamused.jpg
    311 x 298 - 17K
    edited December 1969

Hoping they release it today*...

*Unlikely

• edited December 1969

Barubary said:

I've entertained a similar thought. Where DAZ thinks "Thorne's kids are just too good, we must buy up the supply to prevent them from getting out"

edited December 1969

OR they holding off cos they making the official Luke&Laura; 5... Again Unlikely. But one would hope that the excessive wait wasn't in vein.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 2,144
    edited October 2012

Well, from today's big announcement, I'd say that they've had other fish to fry. This looks like a real game changer.

On the other hand, I'm still waiting for the kids myself -- although when I *really* needed them was back in 2010 and 2011.

ETA: I've had a lovely thought since this morning, but it may well be a slice of blue sky pie. Probably is, actually.

The PC Anniversary is running a Buy It All promotion. The bonus earned by buying it all (which appears to be every PC item released during the month. There may be other items as well since someone mentioned "crossover" items) is a Pro collection for one of the Gen 5 figures.

That's a significant prize, but given that PC members got significant discounts on them when they came out, I wonder how much of a draw that is for the bulk of the membership.

HOWEVER, if buying it all qualified one to trade the credit earned on a wild card substitution for the Pro collection of the *next* Gen 5 figure, or figures to be released, I'd go for that in a New York minute. Sight unseen.

But you know that I'm thinking of Thorne's teen figures.

Unfortunately, nice as it is to think of, if it's on the menu it presents a bit of a grumph in ETA. The Buy It All bonus won't be awarded until the start of December. I'd really not have to wait that long. But we may have to, Buy It All or not.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • MurgatroydMurgatroyd Posts: 581
    edited December 1969

I've just come up with a remarkably simple formula for a pair of young teens. Each of the kids in the attached picture was made using a total of three morph sliders.

simpleteens.png
    648 x 899 - 395K
    edited December 1969

And they look really good, too. If you start from a specific character, that looks like an extremely useful way of depicting a given character at different ages.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,105
    edited December 1969

I've just come up with a remarkably simple formula for a pair of young teens. Each of the kids in the attached picture was made using a total of three morph sliders.

Only three sliders? They turned out really well--nice job!

• Westland44Westland44 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

May we know which? Thanks.

• Westland44Westland44 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Well, from today's big announcement, I'd say that they've had other fish to fry. This looks like a real game changer.

[. . .]

Please, what announcement? Thanks.

• adaceyadacey Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

2nd this, please share the details, these look really good, all the more so when it's only 3 dials.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,102
    edited December 1969

adacey said:

2nd this, please share the details, these look really good, all the more so when it's only 3 dials.

3rd.

edited December 1969

adacey said:

3rd.

Girl:
    50% Sadie
    -40% Sadie Head
    50% FemaleBody03 from Feminine Touch for Genesis*

Boy:
    50% Sam
    -40% Sam Head
    50% ManlyMen04 from Manly Men M5*

I also zeroed out the hidden MCM that the Sadie and Sam Head morphs erroneously apply when set to negative values.

*Other morphs can be substituted for these. I just went through the female and male morphs I had installed until I found ones that looked good.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,102
    edited December 1969

You know, I HAD a feeling that SOMEONE was going to point out a solution involving Sadie & Sam with their heads morphed back... :)

Just because of that, I may very well end up buying a couple Toon bundles, my self. I always did like Jasmine and Jason's bodies... ;)

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 1,885
    edited December 1969

You know, I HAD a feeling that SOMEONE was going to point out a solution involving Sadie & Sam with their heads morphed back... :)

Just because of that, I may very well end up buying a couple Toon bundles, my self. I always did like Jasmine and Jason's bodies... ;)

With Genesis, you never know WHAT will come in handy. A little Troll and a little Reptillian and a little Anubis and a little Sam and ....

Bubble, bubble, ....
    Bibbity, bobbity, ....
    yadda, yadda, yadda.

Kendall

edited December 1969

JOdel said:

[. . .]

Please, what announcement? Thanks.

The Genesis for Poser announcement.

edited December 1969

adacey said:

3rd.

Girl:
    50% Sadie
    -40% Sadie Head
    50% FemaleBody03 from Feminine Touch for Genesis*

Boy:
    50% Sam
    -40% Sam Head
    50% ManlyMen04 from Manly Men M5*

I also zeroed out the hidden MCM that the Sadie and Sam Head morphs erroneously apply when set to negative values.

*Other morphs can be substituted for these. I just went through the female and male morphs I had installed until I found ones that looked good.

Okay, so we have to click the show hidden morphs, and then what? WHere do we find the MCM that needs to be zeroed?

edited December 1969

The easiest way to find it is under Currently Used.

• edited December 1969

Yeah I'm liking 50% Sadie 50% someone else. I didn't try dialing down the Sadie head though.

I'm having a lot of fun using Puppeteer to nail down exactly the morph mix I want.

• myklgrantmyklgrant Posts: 4
    edited October 2012

I've been following this thread since the first post and...

I've had the Genesis character since day one and it is remarkable. It is also remarkable that here we are over a year later and there are no teen/young adult characters available. Several months ago I switched entirely to Genesis and deleted my Gen 3 and 4 runtimes (except the materials) and haven't looked back but... I am still waiting for a replacement for Luke/Laura/Millennium Kids. I've tried to create own with varying degrees of success (the Sadie and Sam morphs mentioned in this thread are a pretty clever hack) but they still lack the professional look that the Thorne/Sarsa and Handspan custom characters had. I could just re-download the Gen 3 and 4 teen characters but what's the point of upgrading to new technology if you have to bring out the old for some jobs

There has to be a market for these characters. What gives? Anyone?

Michael Grant

What`s with the “new member - total posts 1”? I`ve been using Studio/Carrara/Hexagon/Bryce for years and posting in the forums all that time. Geez I even paid for them!

Post edited by myklgrant on
  • ssgbryanssgbryan Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

myklgrant said:

I've had the Genesis character since day one and it is remarkable. It is also remarkable that here we are over a year later and there are no teen/young adult characters available. Several months ago I switched entirely to Genesis and deleted my Gen 3 and 4 runtimes (except the materials) and haven't looked back but... I am still waiting for a replacement for Luke/Laura/Millennium Kids. I've tried to create own with varying degrees of success (the Sadie and Sam morphs mentioned in this thread are a pretty clever hack) but they still lack the professional look that the Thorne/Sarsa and Handspan custom characters had. I could just re-download the Gen 3 and 4 teen characters but what's the point of upgrading to new technology if you have to bring out the old for some jobs

Michael Grant

There are YT characters available - just not at DAZ:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/genesis-preteens/94170

I am tired of waiting for T&S - I'll be using these to get YT/Genesis figures into Poser. I am like you, I use YT figures - my stories don't exist in a "Logan's Run" universe, I need family members of all ages.

Of course, if you are using Poser 2012, you can weight-map the Gen3 figures yourself - That has been my short-term solution with Luke & Laura - the mesh issues are fixed, but too many of the Gen3 textures are made for Poser 4 - the state of the art has moved forward over the past decade.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 16,098
    edited December 1969

...I'm just going to keep pushing the morphs as best I can for now. Heck, I created an 7 - 8 year old out of Vicky4 (granted, took a while). Maybe by the time I almost get it right, there will be a good teen/preteen character released.

edited December 1969

If daz would finally release Thornes OVERDUE release, I'll be satisfied. To be honest, the renderosity teens really didn't do it for me. I'm getting rather impatient. I check the new releases every day... and although there is some pretty cool stuff being released, I remain rather disappointed in the fact that the FIRST true teen characters in daz for genesis are being ridiculously held back. I'm not interested in 'toon', and now that Hiro 5 is about to be released, I wont be surprised if Thornes teens are held off for another several months. :(

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 3,479
    edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:
    I am tired of waiting for T&S

Thorne said a while back that they were sold to DAZ. So ball is in their court.

• PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 414
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    ssgbryan said:

That and it's Thorne and HandspanStudios :)

• ssgbryanssgbryan Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

Puntomaus said:
    Mattymanx said:
    ssgbryan said:

That and it's Thorne and HandspanStudios :)

My bad. It was late & I was low on caffeine.

• edited December 1969

myklgrant said:

Michael Grant

There is Taiga... I think she is quite reminiscent of the old MGPT characters.

I also like 3DU Aven... (another one where I didn't get the promo images, but eventually bought and was very happy with)

I'm actually pretty happy right now, especially with Puppeteer to refine mixes. I want to have the T+HS take on youth but I don't feel like it's "holding me back" to not have it.

Personally I wouldn't go back to previous generations at this point...