Star Trek Builders Thread!

Comments

• crownlioncrownlion Posts: 110
    edited December 1969

just wondering if anyone has made adm rank for these uniforms. i keep trying but it looks like crap

tos uniform for m4 valiant v4 courageous

uniform.jpg
    700 x 700 - 108K
  • Tim OGTim OG Posts: 1,175
    edited December 1969

crownlion said:
    just wondering if anyone has made adm rank for these uniforms. i keep trying but it looks like crap

I only know the Commodore rank, it has a shiny gold rank between the twisty braids.

• blubeetle3blubeetle3 Posts: 137
    edited December 1969

crownlion said:

What about a Next Gen admiral?

starfleetadm01.jpg
    812 x 748 - 190K
  • ssgbryanssgbryan Posts: 692
    edited October 2012

crownlion said:

Yes. The TOS tech manual that Franz Joseph wrote had the Commodore as 3 equally solid bands (which didn't match what was shown on the show) and an Admiral as 4 bands.

I made them by pulling the arm pngs into photoshop elements and extracting 1 solid stripe from each side. To make the Commodore, I placed the solid over the slashed Commander band (V4c-tunic-Operations-r5.png and 4KRDvalTunic-Command-r5.png). For the Admiral, I simply added a 4th stripe.

I have made a number of modifications to the fine work that JamesJAB did. In addition to the flag officer ranks, I have reworked the badges (by both department and ship command) and changed some of the colors also (Weapons/Security is a hunter green, and Support is a grey. At some point, I'll get around to adding a few other colors.)

In the example below, the Male Admiral is the new Chief of Naval Operations (Figure is Rikishi) talking with the incoming commander of 5th Fleet Commodore Heniemann. (V4 3d Celebrity Lola - http://www.daz3d.com/shop/3d-celebrity-lola, get it, it's good) She gets promoted to Admiral shortly.

Flag_Officer_Test-sm.png
    757 x 842 - 503K
    Post edited by ssgbryan on
    edited December 1969

i thought this photo was from the tech manual

edited December 1969

helps when you post the phot

TOSRANKX.jpg
    1017 x 917 - 120K
    edited December 1969

klingons are the least starfleet needs to worry about

Swidhelm's
    Hunter

found here

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Swidhelm

hunter.jpg
    700 x 700 - 118K
  • ssgbryanssgbryan Posts: 692
    edited December 1969

crownlion said:
    i thought this photo was from the tech manual

No, the Franz Joseph Star Trek Tech Manual was in Black & White & printed in the 70's.

• Tim OGTim OG Posts: 1,175
    edited December 1969

slightly off topic, I got my Halloween costume in the mail today. I got a blue JJ-verse uniform shirt and a science division pin. I'm going to do make-up for Trill spots.

• AndypAndyp Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    slightly off topic, I got my Halloween costume in the mail today. I got a blue JJ-verse uniform shirt and a science division pin. I'm going to do make-up for Trill spots.

Nice! i was a trill last year, used liquid eyeliner / eyeliner pencile for the spots

edited December 1969

just working on my klingon

klingon.jpg
    700 x 700 - 300K
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 3,266
    edited December 1969

crownlion said:
    just working on my klingon

Heh, looks like your klingon wants to "work on" you... with some sharp pointy objects. ;-P

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 509
    edited December 1969

I think he has to be holding the sword the other direction, I think. O_o

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 385
    edited December 1969

I'm working on an RPG with some friends set in a post-film era and I'd like some Star Trek-style uniforms but with a sleeker, more modern sci-fi flavor. Any suggestions? I need matching uniforms for M4 and V4.

edited December 1969

Zaarin said:
    I'm working on an RPG with some friends set in a post-film era and I'd like some Star Trek-style uniforms but with a sleeker, more modern sci-fi flavor. Any suggestions? I need matching uniforms for M4 and V4.

the Star Trek Online styles for Valiant and Courageous are not bad.

edited December 1969

Didn't see those--thanks for pointing them out. (Relatively) canon and cool; works for me. ;)

edited December 1969

Any free bridge sets out there? Preferable in the TNG era?

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 1,942
    edited December 1969

Any free bridge sets out there? Preferable in the TNG era?

Check the freebie list on the first page of this forum- second post. There are some there.

edited December 1969

victory shout

death_shot.jpg
    700 x 700 - 212K
    edited December 1969

crownlion said:
    victory shout

Now he is going to mop up my corridor right? :-)

edited December 1969

only if you ask him lol

edited December 1969

crownlion said:
    only if you ask him lol

:lol:

• blubeetle3blubeetle3 Posts: 137
    edited December 1969

Zaarin said:

I'd stick with the DS9/First Contact uniforms. But, that's just me! ;-)

edited December 1969

Zaarin said:

I'd stick with the DS9/First Contact uniforms. But, that's just me! ;-)

I like those uniforms, but I want something a little more...mainstream sci-fi in feel. Especially since at least one of my players is not much of a Star Trek fan (at all, really) but liked the JJ Abrams reboot. So he's going to need some...convincing to get him to play in the traditional timeline. ;)

edited December 1969

How does one install and use this one? I've tried several times and I can't find it, let alone use it.
    http://xcalpro.com/tng/download.php?view.109

I'm using Daz 3, byw.

edited December 1969

How does one install and use this one? I've tried several times and I can't find it, let alone use it.
    http://xcalpro.com/tng/download.php?view.109

I'm using Daz 3, byw.

It won't work in Daz. He has it packaged in a Poser scene file. Someone with the time, will have to import the scene file into Poser and export the obj- making sure all the textures work with it.

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

only takes a few minutes and is easy using Poser Debut - the free version of poser
    just load it in and export out
    to double check can then load it in poseray

but it works fine - just have to increase scale in DS

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

did a quick render of it and posted it on DeviantArt

here is a link if anyone want to see

http://mototsume.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5h938a

• blutobluto Posts: 459
    edited October 2012

Zaarin said:

how about these
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/55216/browse/11/Poser/Alternate-Trek-Textures-for-Valiant-and-Courageous

Post edited by bluto on
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    Zaarin said:

how about these
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/55216/browse/11/Poser/Alternate-Trek-Textures-for-Valiant-and-Courageous

I like those too--even if I don't use them as the main uniform, I might offer them as a uniform variant. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Rocket Fuel