Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

1161719212250

Comments

  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,766
    edited December 1969

    Oh yeah! I want to know too!

  • IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 508
    edited December 1969

    Hey Joe - you did an amazing Wonder Woman using a custom transparency map for the supersuit - is there any way we can beg that from you? Not the other stuff, just the transparency map... I stink at making those and want to pick yours apart to see how you did it.

  • VI KnightVI Knight Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

    Re-subscribing. all the new stuff is looking so awesome guys.

    Post edited by VI Knight on
  • edited December 1969

    The Sentinels in the pic are made mostly from the Coalition Katana set and CyberM4 (although a few other things mixed in there as well, and some different materials).

  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,075
    edited December 1969

    Wow, I was way off then. It looked like you used a slightly altered Iron Man suit to me. :)

    Great render, btw. :)

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 5,583
    edited December 1969

    a Galactus Render

    Now that the notifications are fixed again I finally saw this since it was an older one. WOW... WOW... WOW! Awesome work!

  • Spinach ChinSpinach Chin Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

    Has JoeQuick released any of his upcoming sets? He mentioned late July but haven't seen anything?

  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 870
    edited December 1969

    Has JoeQuick released any of his upcoming sets? He mentioned late July but haven't seen anything?

    Nope, my last release was the genesis duckies on July 12th. After that was a wedding, a honeymoon, the start of the school year, buying a house, moving, and home repairs. I'm just now sitting down and starting to work on stuff again.

  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,075
    edited December 1969

    Wow, congrats, Joe! :)

    Here's John Henry Irons AKA Steel. A guy we never really see in Renders these days. Thanks to ChaomancerOmega for letting me use his S Shield symbol.

    John.jpg
    1000 x 915 - 297K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 5,583
    edited December 1969

    WOW is right. Congratulations on the nuptials and new home. :-)

  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 870
    edited December 1969

    Ikyoto said:
    Hey Joe - you did an amazing Wonder Woman using a custom transparency map for the supersuit - is there any way we can beg that from you? Not the other stuff, just the transparency map... I stink at making those and want to pick yours apart to see how you did it.

    I've not done a Wonder Woman (other than with Tyler or McG's stuff), and I tend to avoid the Supersuit unless I need a daz product to use in daz promo renders. Is there another Joe?

  • Spinach ChinSpinach Chin Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

    Joequick said:
    Has JoeQuick released any of his upcoming sets? He mentioned late July but haven't seen anything?

    Nope, my last release was the genesis duckies on July 12th. After that was a wedding, a honeymoon, the start of the school year, buying a house, moving, and home repairs. I'm just now sitting down and starting to work on stuff again.


    Busy busy busy.... And congrats!


    I see you're doing Genesis stuff. please don't forget M4/V4 users... Can't wait to see more new items.

  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 1,150
    edited December 1969

    BIG congrats, Joe. I did the wedding and getting a house and moving shuffle a couple of years ago and haven't QUITE recovered since. *chuckle* (For months, I was still finding odd bits of things placed where my inlaws thought they would logically go but .... yeah.... no. *laugh*)

    What do you have your artistic sights set on this go around?

    (*Crosses fingers and hopes for "Golden Age for Genesis"*)

  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 1,150
    edited December 1969

    Wow, congrats, Joe! :)

    Here's John Henry Irons AKA Steel. A guy we never really see in Renders these days. Thanks to ChaomancerOmega for letting me use his S Shield symbol.

    WOW! NICE one, Knight!

  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 638
    edited December 1969

    Joequick said:
    Has JoeQuick released any of his upcoming sets? He mentioned late July but haven't seen anything?

    Nope, my last release was the genesis duckies on July 12th. After that was a wedding, a honeymoon, the start of the school year, buying a house, moving, and home repairs. I'm just now sitting down and starting to work on stuff again.

    I can't believe you let trivial stuff like that get in your way. ;-)

    Congratulations all 'round.

    Thanks again for Muck for Genesis; I posted this in the old forum under the Chibi Boy topic, but figured I should drag down the overall quality here as well. It's Tooned Muck as Clayface with a Chibi-Boy Bats (trying out a few different toon styles).


    -- Walt Sterdan

    Chibi-Bats-and-Muck-01.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 121K
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 638
    edited December 1969

    RKane_1 said:

    What do you have your artistic sights set on this go around?

    (*Crosses fingers and hopes for "Golden Age for Genesis"*)

    That would be an instant buy for me as well; as it is, I *almost* buy the M4 version every week or so, but hold off in hopes of a Genesis version.

    Here's a quickie Chibi-Boy/Chibi-GIrl 60s JLA (the original seven) done toon-style (also posted in the old forums, but not to this thread). One of these days I'll get around to finishing their costumes and doing an actual action shot with them... one of these days... ;-)

    -- Walt Sterdan

    Chibi-JLA-Final-Large.jpg
    1024 x 369 - 83K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 5,583
    edited December 1969

    So those are Genesis? Those are the CUTEST toon JLA I've EVER seen!

  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,075
    edited December 1969

    RKane_1 said:
    BIG congrats, Joe. I did the wedding and getting a house and moving shuffle a couple of years ago and haven't QUITE recovered since. *chuckle* (For months, I was still finding odd bits of things placed where my inlaws thought they would logically go but .... yeah.... no. *laugh*)

    What do you have your artistic sights set on this go around?

    (*Crosses fingers and hopes for "Golden Age for Genesis"*)

    I secoond Golden Age Heroes for Genesis. :)

  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,075
    edited December 1969

    Joequick said:
    Ikyoto said:
    Hey Joe - you did an amazing Wonder Woman using a custom transparency map for the supersuit - is there any way we can beg that from you? Not the other stuff, just the transparency map... I stink at making those and want to pick yours apart to see how you did it.

    I've not done a Wonder Woman (other than with Tyler or McG's stuff), and I tend to avoid the Supersuit unless I need a daz product to use in daz promo renders. Is there another Joe?

    I think he's confusing you with DAZ_Rand.

  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,075
    edited December 1969

    RKane_1 said:
    Wow, congrats, Joe! :)

    Here's John Henry Irons AKA Steel. A guy we never really see in Renders these days. Thanks to ChaomancerOmega for letting me use his S Shield symbol.

    WOW! NICE one, Knight!

    Thanks! :)

  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 1,150
    edited December 1969

    wsterdan said:
    RKane_1 said:

    What do you have your artistic sights set on this go around?

    (*Crosses fingers and hopes for "Golden Age for Genesis"*)

    That would be an instant buy for me as well; as it is, I *almost* buy the M4 version every week or so, but hold off in hopes of a Genesis version.

    Here's a quickie Chibi-Boy/Chibi-GIrl 60s JLA (the original seven) done toon-style (also posted in the old forums, but not to this thread). One of these days I'll get around to finishing their costumes and doing an actual action shot with them... one of these days... ;-)

    -- Walt Sterdan

    Holy crapola! How did you do the costumes on the figures? What base suit did you use?

  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 638
    edited December 1969

    RAMWolff said:
    So those are Genesis? Those are the CUTEST toon JLA I've EVER seen!

    Yup, I'm pretty much using Genesis whenever possible. With Smays' Chibis/Nata/Hyde and 3DUniverse's Jason/Jasmine/Amy/etc. and the growing multitude of monsters, aliens and fantasy/SciFi characters available, it makes things a whole lot easier and more fun.

    I did those Chip and Cookie Legionnaires a while back (the first 17 are in the attached pict, I think I got up to 24 before I ran out of hoiday time), but since the Genesis toons started appearing, C+C are pretty much benched these days.

    -- Walt Sterdan

    The-Legion-17.jpg
    1024 x 640 - 164K
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 638
    edited October 2012

    RKane_1 said:
    wsterdan said:
    [Here's a quickie Chibi-Boy/Chibi-GIrl 60s JLA (the original seven) done toon-style (also posted in the old forums, but not to this thread). One of these days I'll get around to finishing their costumes and doing an actual action shot with them... one of these days... ;-)

    -- Walt Sterdan

    Holy crapola! How did you do the costumes on the figures? What base suit did you use?

    Oops, sorry for not giving credits where credits are due. The figures are Genesis with smay's Chibi-Boy and Chibi-Girl (with scaling), the main outfits are the GSuit using a few of atrion666's superhero logos, Wonder Woman's outfit is Terrymcg's V4 Cosplay, Supe's belt and trunks are from Vacasoft (Vadlor, PCGaijin and Drusila) while his boots are from uzilite's M4 Superman, GL's ring is from Gonzalez Graphics (Marco Antonio) and his mask is from Muskateer Graphics, Flash's wings are from Aztecmarco, and the rest are just DAZ stuff.

    I can't gush enough about the freedom Genesis is giving me; for example, I cobbled chibi-GL together in about 15 minutes, then dialed out Chibi and dialed in Jason, changed the textures and bang, instant 60s-styled GL. I could change to a more realistic GL in a matter of minutes. Before Genesis, that wasn't possible, not without the work of converting the clothing and such. These were done before the release of Supersuit/Belt/Boots/Masks, so I'll probably redo them eventually using those.

    I don't do this for anything other than fun, but time is always very limited, and with Genesis taking so much of what used to be "work" out of the equation, I'm having way more fun with the little bits of time I can squeeze out for playing.

    -- Walt Sterdan

    Jason-GL-02.jpg
    779 x 765 - 192K
    Post edited by wsterdan on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 1,150
    edited December 1969

    Let's just hope we can all sweet talk Joequick into making Golden Age for Genesis (Along with the banded metallic armor and a few other goodies. *smile*)

  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 870
    edited December 1969

    RKane_1 said:
    BIG congrats, Joe. I did the wedding and getting a house and moving shuffle a couple of years ago and haven't QUITE recovered since. *chuckle* (For months, I was still finding odd bits of things placed where my inlaws thought they would logically go but .... yeah.... no. *laugh*)

    What do you have your artistic sights set on this go around?

    I haven't hung my dry erase board back up again yet. But this is what was on it before the move. No promise that any of these will actually get done.

    -Poison Darts -> The frog that was my first Genesis project. There are some head seam issues that need to be addressed, but other than that I think that project was about good to go. It's just over a year old, so when I look at it and the Turtles, there's a massive quality difference.
    -Alien Force Genesis -> The headmorphs from the K4 version with a new super-deformed body morph. A new heroic bodysuit. And a slightly more exaggerated version of Overbrain with his outfit. I had slowed on this one because I couldn't duplicate the look of the procedural skin I'd been using in Poser in Studio. But with the Turtle project, I think I got to the point where I could make a good universal mapped creature skin texture that would look good with the different aliens.
    -America's Best Comics -> Expansion pack for Golden Age using some public domain characters. Practically done, just need to finish up a Shader pack for studio.
    -V4 Sidekicks -> Flame Girl and Cat Girl costume elements for V4 to go along with the ABC expansion. Not started, but these would basically just be a manual conversion of the M4 elements, so they wouldn't take long.
    -Street LVL M4 -> A collection of different things from that Batman streak that I'd been on. The elements that aren't explicitly derivative of established IP. The Frank Miller Cape/Cowl combo would go freebie, as would the robin badge and red robin chest straps and emblem.
    -Street LVL V4 -> The zippered bodysuit, ribbed bodysuit, converse ish boots, military surplus boots, a tattered cape, a cowl neck cape, a basic cape. A couple kinds of gloves. A couple kinds of belts.
    -M4 SciFi casual -> That coat that's been sitting on my hard drive for just about a year, along with a bodysuit and some funky boots.
    -Turtle Power -> This was a learning exercise, my texturing skills grew greatly, but I got hung up on the shell. Hal had to help me out with it. I'm also hung up on tying the bandana and how to rig it. I still don't really know how to rig and just rely on quick conform and auto group to do it for me.
    -Damian -> A teen morph, texture, and scaling preset for M4
    -M4 Gods of Stone and Pain -> You might recognize them if you saw them.

    Since the move I've started working on the shark dude, a toon duck, and a shabby suit for the toon duck.

  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 1,150
    edited December 1969

    *Sigh*

    No hero love for Genesis? You do some of the best hero stuff hands down and I would love to see it for Genesis. What would it take to convince you? Do I have to bake pie? I'll DO it, you know. I'm not above baked good bribery.

  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 1,150
    edited December 1969

    For the person looking for thew WonderWoman outfit earlier, I thin the best one I have seen is for V4 at SharCG by TerryMcG

    TerryMcG's Cosplay page on ShareCG

    Hope this helps. He has more than just Wonder Woman too but tends to lean exclusively towards women heroes.

  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 870
    edited December 1969

    RKane_1 said:
    *Sigh*

    No hero love for Genesis? You do some of the best hero stuff hands down and I would love to see it for Genesis. What would it take to convince you? Do I have to bake pie? I'll DO it, you know. I'm not above baked good bribery.

    I just don't want to make all of those cowl morphs again. Doing something the first time is fun, the second time is a chore.

  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 1,150
    edited December 1969

    Joequick said:
    RKane_1 said:
    *Sigh*

    No hero love for Genesis? You do some of the best hero stuff hands down and I would love to see it for Genesis. What would it take to convince you? Do I have to bake pie? I'll DO it, you know. I'm not above baked good bribery.

    I just don't want to make all of those cowl morphs again. Doing something the first time is fun, the second time is a chore.

    But... but... there's pie!

    :(

  • K T OngK T Ong Posts: 359
    edited October 2012

    I haven't gone through the whole thread, but I'll bet no one so far has made a good VENOM. ;-) (Referring to Spider-Man's nemesis, of course.)

    [EDIT: Okay, my mistake, just found that there's one at page 30. :-/)]

    Post edited by K T Ong on
This discussion has been closed.
Rocket Fuel