Advice on choosing a skin texture?

Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,128
edited June 2012 in The Commons

I'm looking to fill a gap in my skin texture collection...I need a female skin, relatively pale, preferably no freckles, dark brows and lashes. Bonus points for looking a bit ethereal... I'd like to get a Daz Original, and I'd prefer it to be under $20 or so (pre-discount price).

My questions:
1. Has anyone used the Taiga skin texture on a more realistic character? Does it still look pretty good?
2. Anyone have an opinion on Bladerune Ryver and/or RM Delphinia V4? I'm a Genesis user and don't have GenX, so if I got a V4 product I'd be buying it just for the textures.
3. Or would it be better to pass on all three of those, and save up for V5 Elite Valerie?

I think all of the above would work for the character I have in mind, although Bladerune Ryver is probably closest to how I envision her. Also open to alternative suggestions, if anyone has any.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 2,791
    edited December 1969

I would suggest checking out Surrealitys' store...her characters are quite pale and ethereal looking.

Warrior maiden tazi is one of my favorites.

(and since genesis can take v4's textures..they should all be good)

• FixmypcmikeFixmypcmike Posts: 13,075
    edited December 1969

I don't have Taiga or Delphinia, but Valerie is a lot paler than Ryver.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,128
    edited December 1969

I own surreality's Tamesis and wouldn't mind picking up another of hers...I'll take a look. And that's good to know, fixmypcmike...thanks. In general,'re happy with both?

• FixmypcmikeFixmypcmike Posts: 13,075
    edited December 1969

I haven't had a chance to do much with them -- I bought Ryver looking for a pale texture, so I didn't end up using it for that.