Staff at Daz3d? no answer for 2 days

omradiocomomradiocom Posts: 41
edited December 1969 in The Commons

So as great sales fly by, I haven't been able to get through to Daz to get a refund on an item, change orders etc....

What gives? The site was down yesterday, 50% items are still on sale today, but if I can't get through, no deals.

What up?

Comments

  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

    What I was told when I was finally able to get someone on the phone at DAZ yesterday was that their sites, including their admin site (whatever that is) were getting DDoSed all day yesterday. That's why everything was so slow, and why, I expect, people were so difficult to get in touch with.

  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 2,748
    edited September 2012

    usually takes 3 or 4 days for me to get the refund via the contact us form. Don't expect a response until then. Before the site change it was the same day, sometimes within a few hours. I called support the day the site change and got a refund in 5 minutes. That was the last time they ever picked up the phone. I have tried calling several times since. Not sure why they still such a delay and don't pick up the phone. Good thing I don't make "big" purchases here because behavior like this would stop that quickly.

    WHile right now they may be under an attack, it doesn't change that they have regularly been a few days to respond to a simple refund request. With that said, they have always taken care of it. One time I had to wait a week but that was regarding getting overcharged for my PC membership.

    Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • Sal UKSal UK Posts: 422
    edited December 1969

    I got a reply from customer sales support yesturday saying my refund request had been done and that the credit would be in my daz account by the end of the working day, but it didnt but they were having probs so I guess it might happen today.

  • omradiocomomradiocom Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

    as a web company owner, I can appreciate how DDoS traffic was yesterday, but otherwise, i get great Daz service.

    Hopefully I can catch them today because I would hate to lose a bargain....

    We bought the new morphing business suit bundle but forgot to add the just posh at same time (since how we get discounts keeps changing)

    But if we don't get it done today, the big price goes back up as do other items....

    hopefully they'll catch phone before end of day.

  • omradiocomomradiocom Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

    an amazing staff is on the phone....so....all is well

  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 2,748
    edited December 1969

    lucky you!

  • Sal UKSal UK Posts: 422
    edited December 1969

    csampson said:
    an amazing staff is on the phone....so....all is well

    Glad you got it sorted mine still aint.

    got this message 1.08pm daz time yesterday but now over half way through the next working day and still no credit... :(


    I have now removed this item from your account and have issued you a credit. This credit will remain in your account until the entire amount has been applied. This refund will be processed by end of business day, thank you for your patience. Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 2,521
    edited December 1969

    Sal UK said:
    csampson said:
    an amazing staff is on the phone....so....all is well

    Glad you got it sorted mine still aint.

    got this message 1.08pm daz time yesterday but now over half way through the next working day and still no credit... :(


    I have now removed this item from your account and have issued you a credit. This credit will remain in your account until the entire amount has been applied. This refund will be processed by end of business day, thank you for your patience. Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

    Sal, were you wanting to buy something with the refund in the catchup sale? If so if you contact them once you have the refund they will more than likely help out.

    I haven't noticed anything unusual but as I'm in Australia it tends to take a while between responses as I'm asleep when they are awake....if you know what I mean.

  • Sal UKSal UK Posts: 422
    edited December 1969

    Pendraia said:
    Sal UK said:
    csampson said:
    an amazing staff is on the phone....so....all is well

    Glad you got it sorted mine still aint.

    got this message 1.08pm daz time yesterday but now over half way through the next working day and still no credit... :(


    I have now removed this item from your account and have issued you a credit. This credit will remain in your account until the entire amount has been applied. This refund will be processed by end of business day, thank you for your patience. Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

    Sal, were you wanting to buy something with the refund in the catchup sale? If so if you contact them once you have the refund they will more than likely help out.

    I haven't noticed anything unusual but as I'm in Australia it tends to take a while between responses as I'm asleep when they are awake....if you know what I mean.

    Well I think I was patiant enough after it was not credited by the end of the 2 buisness days I have ammended my Refund Request and will have it refunded to my paypal account instead, I knew they were having site problems yesterday because of all the loading problems I was having so thought its not thier fault and thought it would have been sorted today but well it did'nt.

    Sal.

  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 1,726
    edited September 2012

    So, the problems yesterday were a denial of service attack? Hmmm...

    Who would want to booger up DAZ? I'm sure they have no military secrets. I hardly think they control vast sums of money. Their environmental policy is unimportant. Unlike "renderotica" or "maleposerotica" they have no prurient agenda. Their political agenda is mind numbingly dull. And they're the refuge of a vast gaggle of geeks.

    I think the DDoS perpetrators got the wrong number! 8-o

    Either that or some bonker religious anti-smut weirdos objected to Vicky's pink panties!


    PS: anybody besides me notice how weird it is that "weird" breaks the "i" before "e" except after "c" rule? 8-o

    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 947
    edited December 1969

    So, the problems yesterday were a denial of service attack? Hmmm...

    Who would want to booger up DAZ? I'm sure they have no military secrets. I hardly think they control vast sums of money. Their environmental policy is unimportant. Unlike "renderotica" or "maleposerotica" they have no prurient agenda. Their political agenda is mind numbingly dull. And they're the refuge of a vast gaggle of geeks.

    I think the DDoS perpetrators got the wrong number! 8-o

    Either that or some bonker religious anti-smut weirdos objected to Vicky's pink panties!


    PS: anybody besides me notice how weird it is that "weird" breaks the "i" before "e" except after "c" rule? 8-o


    Probably just script-kiddies who decided on their target by throwing darts at a wall :D

  • FixmypcmikeFixmypcmike Posts: 11,620
    edited December 1969


    PS: anybody besides me notice how weird it is that "weird" breaks the "i" before "e" except after "c" rule? 8-o

    "or when sounded like AY as in neighbor and weigh"

    Or maybe not. That is wayrd.

  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 1,726
    edited December 1969


    PS: anybody besides me notice how weird it is that "weird" breaks the "i" before "e" except after "c" rule? 8-o

    "or when sounded like AY as in neighbor and weigh"

    Or maybe not. That is wayrd.

    (*giggle*) Don't you just love English?!
    The spelling rules are there just to separate the exceptions. 8-o

  • TotteTotte Posts: 6,913
    edited December 1969

    vwrangler said:
    What I was told when I was finally able to get someone on the phone at DAZ yesterday was that their sites, including their admin site (whatever that is) were getting DDoSed all day yesterday. That's why everything was so slow, and why, I expect, people were so difficult to get in touch with.

    If they were getting DDosed, my best guess is that someone was trying to get the server to crash showing database info to be able to use that to get hand on user info or creditcard numbers, but what I learned DAZ server is not that easy to beat, but some other sites on the net has been cracked that way, forcing server to choke and eventually reveal something of interest like a database password...

Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel