Magento Store Errors

Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 0
edited September 2012 in The Commons

Does anyone else keep getting these? I've just had my fifth in ten minutes.

"There has been an error processing your request"

No kidding.

Also, dare I ask what this actually means? "Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons. Error log record number: 774193585957"

Just when I thought everything was getting back on track too... :down: Please tell me it's not just me! (Or hell, even if it is just me...)

Post edited by Pax Asteriae on

Comments

  • trilltrill Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Nope You aren't alone - me too! :shut:

  • GhostpantherGhostpanther Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

    Me, too.

    Nearly every page I open and exactly the same error number - which seemingly never changes.
    After closing and opening each page a second time, everything worked.
    But sooooooooooooooooooooo slowly !

    Post edited by Ghostpanther on
  • TaozenTaozen Posts: 2,134
    edited December 1969

    Kachi said:
    Does anyone else keep getting these? I've just had my fifth in ten minutes.

    Also, dare I ask what this actually means? "Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons. Error log record number: 774193585957"

    I've got a couple of them.

    The error message means that the cause of the error is not being shown, as it possibly may contain data that hackers may use to hack the site.

    "Exception" is a term used in programming for something unexpected happening during execution of the code:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exception_handling

  • Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

    Taozen said:
    Kachi said:
    Does anyone else keep getting these? I've just had my fifth in ten minutes.

    Also, dare I ask what this actually means? "Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons. Error log record number: 774193585957"

    I've got a couple of them.

    The error message means that the cause of the error is not being shown, as it possibly may contain data that hackers may use to hack the site.

    "Exception" is a term used in programming for something unexpected happening during execution of the code:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exception_handling

    Ahh, thanks, I did wonder why they weren't showing the cause of the error (I do know what an exception is though, should have probably been clearer there, sorry. Got to see a lot of them with Windows 95 & 98, bless their little cotton socks ;-) ).

    I'm so glad it's not just me though, I was starting to wonder... So frustrating. I got one right as I was checking out too. So relieved it didn't disrupt payment.

    Post edited by Pax Asteriae on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 2,233
    edited December 1969

    Greetings,
    Yeah, evidently (according to the PA sale thread) they're getting record levels of traffic. (Given that all the PA items are 50% off, I can imagine!) They expected some additional load, but the response has been pretty overwhelming evidently, and Magento is not behaving nicely.


    It's evidently a known issue of stock Magento that its design isn't very receptive to burst-y loads. The quip about Magento (paraphrasing an older line about democracy) is that it's the worst shopping cart system, except for all the other ones that have been built.


    Load is a good problem to have, but a problem none-the-less.

    -- Morgan

  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 905
    edited September 2012

    I didn't get the error message - I got hung at 'processing checkout' and ended up with two identical orders. So I've closed the browser tab that was still running and put in a CS request for a refund on the second one.


    ETA: Kudos to CS -- they've processed the refund already.

    Post edited by namffuak on
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

    When i was talking with tech support earlier about updating a bundle it was mentioned that DAZ has been experiencing Denial of Server Attacks against them since last night. That may be the cause of the problem along with the huge amount of people trying to buy items.

    Post edited by Jay_NOLA on
  • randym77randym77 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Jay_NOLA said:
    When i was talking with tech support earlier about updating a bundle it was mentioned that DAZ has been experiencing a Denial of Server Attacks against them since last night.

    That makes sense. I tried at 6am ET this morning, when most of the US was in bed, and it was even worse than it is now. I know DAZ has an international customer base, but blaming the PA sale seemed silly to me. They've had a PA sale for years now, and it never caused this kind of problem.

  • DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    We are getting ahold of the problem. We don't have any security issues, it's is just putting a load on our system.

  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 905
    edited December 1969

    randym77 said:
    Jay_NOLA said:
    When i was talking with tech support earlier about updating a bundle it was mentioned that DAZ has been experiencing a Denial of Server Attacks against them since last night.

    That makes sense. I tried at 6am ET this morning, when most of the US was in bed, and it was even worse than it is now. I know DAZ has an international customer base, but blaming the PA sale seemed silly to me. They've had a PA sale for years now, and it never caused this kind of problem.

    I wonder if they're being targeted directly or are just collateral damage from all the DOS attacks on the major banks the last 24 hours.

  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 3,405
    edited December 1969

    Despite the slower then normal browsing, I was still able to download my purchases at full speed and several packs at a time at that.

  • randym77randym77 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Mattymanx said:
    Despite the slower then normal browsing, I was still able to download my purchases at full speed and several packs at a time at that.

    I was not. Ugh, boatloads of Magento errors. I have given up for today. I'll try to download my purchases tomorrow. Maybe make a few more, if they get this fixed.

    Tip: open the download link in a new tab. It's much less annoying to close empty tabs than it is to navigate back to your download page if you get an error.

Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel