Morphs++ vs. Conforming Clothing < how to adjust?

T-KickT-Kick Posts: 40
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi,

I'm curious if there's a solution/ workflow to get Conforming Clothes deformed to the figure.

For example:
When I give V4 wider hips, smaller breasts, thicker arms.
Then apply a conforming jacket and pants.

How to get this clothing to fit neatly around the figure?

Thanks in advance,


using DS 4.5.0.114

Comments

  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,353
    edited September 2012

    It used to be called Morph Follower in DS3, but is now called Transfer Active Morphs in DS4.

    To use it, load V4, morph, load the conforming clothing, right click on it, and select Transfer Active Morphs.

    It doesn't always do it well, depending on how exaggerated the morph is.

    Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 6,206
    edited December 1969

    I find it often works better to first load the clothing onto the figure, apply "fit to" ... then reshape the figure and hopefully the clothing grow too!
    Many clothing items have morphs available on the parameters tab or under poses in the runtime folder to assist as well.

  • T-KickT-Kick Posts: 40
    edited December 1969

    hm .. The right-click-method , and Transfer Active Morphs, actually makes it worse ... :-(

    The figure is not extremely deformed, really just as mentioned above ...


    Will try your method, Patience55, this afternoon ..

  • patience55patience55 Posts: 6,206
    edited December 1969

    Depending upon the clothing, some were also created with the idea that the unseen body parts would be 'hidden'.
    For example, on a long skirt one could hide the thighs.

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

    Tip for ALL: The hide parts not seen in the render is the way it should be done. Here is why. All items in your scene will have lighting and shadow calculations done, that includes all parts UNDER clothing or not in the Render Viewport. That forces RAM to be used to do the calculations for the light(s) on the Diffuse map (texture you see) and all shadows on all Transparency Maps (the parts that are removed in things like Hair or plants), remember that includes items you will never see in the finished render.

    So you get Calculations for a LEG under the pants. You get Calculations for items on the Pre Load FULL Set that are not in the render. Always HIDE parts that will not be seen and Delete items that will not cast a shadow into your finished render.

    This is just good practice, it saves your System more ram to work on the RENDER you will see and it will speed up your render time.

    This has been a Tip just because.

    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • T-KickT-Kick Posts: 40
    edited December 1969

    In my specific case: I'm always exporting to MAX, through .fbx
    And render and animate from there.

    Could still be useful ... if the bone-structure will be kept intact, despite of the missing parts.
    I'll have to test that ..

  • patience55patience55 Posts: 6,206
    edited December 1969

    Jaderail said:
    Tip for ALL: The hide parts not seen in the render is the way it should be done. Here is why. All items in your scene will have lighting and shadow calculations done, that includes all parts UNDER clothing or not in the Render Viewport. That forces RAM to be used to do the calculations for the light(s) on the Diffuse map (texture you see) and all shadows on all Transparency Maps (the parts that are removed in things like Hair or plants), remember that includes items you will never see in the finished render.

    So you get Calculations for a LEG under the pants. You get Calculations for items on the Pre Load FULL Set that are not in the render. Always HIDE parts that will not be seen and Delete items that will not cast a shadow into your finished render.

    This is just good practice, it saves your System more ram to work on the RENDER you will see and it will speed up your render time.

    This has been a Tip just because.

    Good to know! Thanks :-)

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    T-Kick said:
    In my specific case: I'm always exporting to MAX, through .fbx
    And render and animate from there.

    Could still be useful ... if the bone-structure will be kept intact, despite of the missing parts.
    I'll have to test that ..

    I only know this to be TRUE for the 3DeLight render engine (DAZ). I've not tested it with other software.

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    One more TIP: Always save your Scene when you finish setting it up. Then Exit Daz 3D and restart, then load the saved scene and render. This is why. All the textures you TRY before you Render are loaded to a STACK (ram that grows as you add things to your scene) when you try them. They stay in RAM (the Stack) until you save the file. At that time pointers to only the textures used are created in the save file. Yes you also get the RAM back at that time. So why close and reload you ask? Because if your System does not FREE the allocated blocks at save (Fragmented Ram) closing the program FREES all pointers the software is using. If it does not FREE all the ram you have Issues with your OS and not the software (Unless it is written very badly).

  • patience55patience55 Posts: 6,206
    edited December 1969

    Jaderail said:
    One more TIP: Always save your Scene when you finish setting it up. Then Exit Daz 3D and restart, then load the saved scene and render. This is why. All the textures you TRY before you Render are loaded to a STACK (ram that grows as you add things to your scene) when you try them. They stay in RAM (the Stack) until you save the file. At that time pointers to only the textures used are created in the save file. Yes you also get the RAM back at that time. So why close and reload you ask? Because if your System does not FREE the allocated blocks at save (Fragmented Ram) closing the program FREES all pointers the software is using. If it does not FREE all the ram you have Issues with your OS and not the software (Unless it is written very badly).

    That explains a few things.

  • T-KickT-Kick Posts: 40
    edited December 1969

    The bone structure stays intact, even when parts are hidden.
    So also for export(ers) a viable method.

    (Cause in MAX, or any 3D-program, rendering is based on the same principles: If it's there, render it.)

    Material-tree/ -order stays the same as well.

  • T-KickT-Kick Posts: 40
    edited December 1969

    @Patience55
    Well .... dressing up first, and adjusting the figure later, actually seems to work quite well .....
    And gives less problem areas, to start with .... nice!

    Thankfully, afterwards in MAX, I can still move vertices around within the Mesh quite a lot so I think I'm on my way to a happier working climate!


    ps. does not work when applying a body morph directly from the Content Library ... :-( (or at least not the ones I tried ... )

Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel