Ideal 'hips and beauty legs' for Genesis? Has anyone had a chance to try these new products out yet

BiakoBiako Posts: 309
edited December 1969 in The Commons

And by this new product, I'm referring specifically to this released set of morph fixes:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/ideal-beauty-legs-for-genesis/94487
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/ideal-beauty-hip-for-genesis/95422

Honestly I wasn't even aware genesis had bending issues, but from what I see in the demonstration, the bending seems to appear more... natural?

If you've had a chance to try it out, could you post a few pictures of different forms bending with it? (If it's not too much to ask)

Thanks so much! :)

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,932
    edited December 1969

I have got and use Ideal legs for genesis. They are very usefull but a little over done in some poses. This is the only fix I use lower than 100%, on average I generally have it set at 65%. There are issues with genesis under certain poses, but overall Genesis is well rigged and fixes are only really requred to repair muscle collisions and flexions. With legs fix, I noticed that the hip area has a little side-effect to the fix... I'd say It's best to have both fixes as it is likely designed to be. I'll be getting hip fix soon.

edited December 1969

Legs fix comparison I did a few days ago.

Left to right: Leg fix 100%, Leg Fix 65%, No leg fix

Tribal_Boy-Marcusfinnigon_Fixes_ComparisonScaled.jpg
    2000 x 1052 - 668K
    edited December 1969

Also the hand fix (Daz) and Feet fix made by the same guy as legs and hips are really good as well!

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 3,591
    edited September 2012

The best value setting when using the ideal legs on female shapes like V5 is 0.088. I bought the ideal hip set. Works great. Also needs to be dialled down. These sets were designed to work on the basic genesis female shape, not v5, v4 and V3. If you dial in those shapes the values have to drop in order to get good results. But overall a great series. I use them on all my figures. The hip set is fantastic, but creates a weird gap between the butt cheeks when the figure is upright. Luckily I have morphs that counter that. Only apply when bent:) Below is an example of how the ideal legs look on V5. Makes a huge difference.

1.jpg
    901 x 874 - 72K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SedorSedor Posts: 975
    edited December 1969

Yes, that's it, works fantastic at the basic Genesis - but when using with V5 you have to lower it down.

I am still not sure if I should get the current hips fix or wait until it is released for V5 (as I user most times V5).

edited December 1969

Just dial it down like the legs set. Works just as well.

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 349
    edited September 2012

If genesis had a real muscle system, we do not need such kind of fixes.
    i still vote for such dazsystem to fix all these mesh/pose problems.

just like to have Faceweight without jiggling...
    where's all the fun?

Post edited by Fixme12 on
    edited September 2012

Genesis has a muscle flex system, but that does not fix shape issues. It can be done, But nobody has done the full package, hense all these little bits from various vendors.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-evolution-muscularity

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev, I got the hip fix... I totally see what you mean about the character standing upright!!! I think there be a fault with the hip fix.

edited September 2012

It does seem like a fault, I have a morph to fix that, but still, since the morphs on that set are automated via body part rotation, that gap should not appear when standing up, only when bent.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Should we be notifying this to renderosity or the vendor or something... I'm not all that knowledgeable with that site, other than basic daz department navigating and downloading purchases lol

edited December 1969

What is the fix you're using? or is it a personally made morph?

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Should we be notifying this to renderosity or the vendor or something... I'm not all that knowledgeable with that site, other than basic daz department navigating and downloading purchases lol

I will notify him since I am a vendor there as well. It is a personal made morph, I have seen a freebie morph that does the same. Its here.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/58198/

Under the glute morphs look for "inner" you can adjust the glute to fix the problem.

edited December 1969

DieTrying's morphs are so good, didn't think to try that lol, I do have it and will give it a go :cheese: Hopefully should the vendor fix the problem, that it is announced. But I shall keep checking just in case :)

edited December 1969

Im mailing him a screenie of my gaping A$$ (on the figure) and see what he says:)

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 2,770
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Im mailing him a screenie of my gaping A$$ (on the figure) and see what he says:)

LOL

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

LMAO, that will prove a point haha!!

edited September 2012

Zev0 said:
    Genesis has a muscle flex system, but that does not fix shape issues. It can be done, But nobody has done the full package, hense all these little bits from various vendors.

that's not a real muscle system, that's just done with displacmentmaps and the movement of the joints
    watch bonespro or maya muscles for real muscle systems.

why not contact daz about this problems and ask for solutions to fix this?

we see again all the quick fxes done by vendors, like we had with the generation4 figures.
    why can't this be done right from the first time? frustrating, not...

Post edited by Fixme12 on
    edited September 2012

It can be done, but then where does that leave vendors? If Daz creates for example a piece of clothing that can become anything, what will happen to the vendors and their clothing products? This is a business, the whole structure is that Daz creates a base, and vendors contribute to it. Asking Daz to release such all in wonder products will kill this small industry and vendors will be without jobs, thus leading to less variety because everybody will have the same thing. Its a topic that is definately interesting, but end of the day has no positive effect on the growth of this industry. Also daz is free, if you want maya features are you willing to pay that price? This is a hobby, a lot of uses do not have that kind of money. Genesis is already a huge improvement on what was there before, I'm sure it will only get better.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Because the software is oftern free, and the base genesis figure... The $$$ is in the expansion products, without these expansions, there'd be no profit unless (like Zev stated) the software was exceptionally high priced like Maya or Max.

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    It can be done, but then where does that leave vendors? If Daz creates for example a piece of clothing that can become anything, what will happen to the vendors and their clothing products? This is a business, the whole structure is that Daz creates a base, and vendors contribute to it. Asking Daz to release such all in wonder products will kill this small industry and vendors will be without jobs, thus leading to less variety because everybody will have the same thing. Its a topic that is definately interesting, but end of the day has no positive effect on the growth of this industry. Also daz is free, if you want maya features are you willing to pay that price? This is a hobby, a lot of uses do not have that kind of money. Genesis is already a huge improvement on what was there before, I'm sure it will only get better.

for clothes or extra morphs you are right that can be a vendor business, but the base muscle system have to be a plugin or inside build tool like the rigging and weightmap paint.
    and you don't have to look to maya anymore, watch what's possible in free blender today.
    if those features can be in blender, why not in dazprograms?
    and dazstudio pro wasn't free the first time. i've spent $$$ on it. i also remember a price around $429 without PA membership.
    normally there was to be a free basic version, some more advanced version, and a pro version.
    i expect studio 5 not for free, at least not the pro version.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 2,770
    edited September 2012

I don't think it matters what happens with Studio 5 pricing wise. We are using 4.x right now. While I agree it would be nice if Genesis had better bends, remember Genesis does bend better than V4. So we did get an improvement over the prior generations for free. Sure certain poses still don't look as nice as we may like, but we can't forget where we came from.

I do understand the Daz biz of get people in with free and charge em for content, I can't see how it would hurt if they improved Genesis even more in future iterations. My guess is with current budget/time Genesis is the best they could come up with and even if they were to change things it very likely would have to be in a future generation or software package.

Oh and I have the hips and legs package and they are "OK". It helps reduce postwork or reposing a little bit, but not nearly as much as I would like. I experiment with the settings and sometimes have found things look better with the fixes set in the negative numbers. So it's one more tool in the shed and fortunately they weren't too expensive.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

we did get an improvement over the prior generations for free

that's not correct to all of us, some people have paid for the program and still didn't go for a refunds request.
    i think those expect at least something when DS5 will be there.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 543
    edited December 1969

fixme12 said:
    we did get an improvement over the prior generations for free

that's not correct to all of us, some people have paid for the program and still didn't go for a refunds request.
    i think those expect at least something when DS5 will be there.

Right!
    For me this whole DS4.5 is like a Beta release so I still use DS4.0.3.47 on my main, 64 bits, machine.

Love, Jeanne

• MrugnakMrugnak Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

fixme12 said:
    Zev0 said:

that's not a real muscle system, that's just done with displacmentmaps and the movement of the joints

It's not done with displacement maps at all. It's done by standard mesh deformation - morphs.

edited December 1969

Syndaryl said:
    fixme12 said:
    Zev0 said:

It's not done with displacement maps at all. It's done by standard mesh deformation - morphs.

it's still a quick solution, why don't we get a real muscle system in the pro version of studio and let us pay for the program?
    that could solve all this problems, now that we have weightmaps we can move on to complete our characters more realistic.