What exactly is this new worldbase item? I don't see any information about it in the forums

124»

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 1,695
    edited September 2012

Has anyone tried pairing this worldbase product up with any of grass sets?
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/pred-pack-grass-one
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/lisas-botanicals-tall-grass
    I was wondering how much extra time it would take to render a large scene using these grass sets in this world base model.
    I have a great idea for a animation :)

Post edited by Ivy on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 7,188
    edited December 1969

Pred pack grass one is a grass that works without Transparency maps, like Traveler's lawn here:
    http://www.runtimedna.com/Naturals3-The-Lawn-Vol-1.html
    Lisa's grasses are transparency mapped ...
    The render times for transparencies are higher.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Pred pack grass one is a grass that works without Transparency maps, like Traveler's lawn here:
    http://www.runtimedna.com/Naturals3-The-Lawn-Vol-1.html
    Lisa's grasses are transparency mapped ...
    The render times for transparencies are higher.

thanks for the reply, I properly will us lisa's grasses only because they are taller. and would make more sense in a field setting. But you r right about the transparency map taking longer in renders .
    I'll have to see what kind of work around i can come up with :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 7,188
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

wow now that maybe do able :) thanks for the lead :)

• edited December 1969

Hi all! I am trying to use the WB XT set with Reality/LuxRender. I loaded the WB XT, then dropped in the Hacienda Hermosa set I bought recently. Then I removed the two lights the WB came with, and added a Reality mesh light, moved it way up in the sky and cranked up its intensity to simulate the sun. Finally, I turned the WB XT Skies into a light within Reality and adjusted the intensity so it would render a sky that would suit the scene.

Here is my current scene. My question is, what do I need to do to get the ground in WB to render properly? In this render, it looks like it snowed! and no, I don't have the Winter expansion. (Yet!)

I really want to be able to use this with Reality and LuxRender, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

~ Russ (a.k.a. Ansel)

WB_XT_Test_7.png
    1294 x 1000 - 2M
  • PilotHighPilotHigh Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

I just installed the 3 parts on my Mac. The Base and Desert are all there but the lights and cameras for SnowLand are missing. I downloaded and installed it twice.

Any Mac users?

edit: I'm using PP 2012

Post edited by PilotHigh on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 1,466
    edited December 1969

I load this item and adjust the sliders and see little to no change. I can't figure it out at all....help please!!!! Maybe someone could post a mini tute of say loading the file then making some adjustments to the camera and light and changing the terrain, I am sure once I see what it does I can figure out from there how to use it, just getting started is a problem. thanks

edited December 1969

I posted this in another thread but maybe more help here. I played around and got this image but when I endered it got these strange colored spots..what may cause them and how could \I remove them? used the WB-Green+Mist2 and 3-lights(smap)

lushlands.jpg
    1088 x 612 - 385K
  • FixmypcmikeFixmypcmike Posts: 11,684
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    I posted this in another thread but maybe more help here. I played around and got this image but when I endered it got these strange colored spots..what may cause them and how could \I remove them? used the WB-Green+Mist2 and 3-lights(smap)

You can sometimes get those artifacts when using Deep Shadow Maps -- it's a 3Delight bug. Sometimes shifting the camera angle slightly will eliminate them, but the only surefire solution is to use Raytraced shadows.

edited December 1969

ok thanks I will try both ideas...maybe I will get the hang of this !! :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 3,411
    edited December 1969

I just bought the Worldbase XT Lushlands in the Fast Grab today. This thread has helped me eliminate the grid marks by adjusting the UE shadow bias and subdividing the XtrRings. (Shadow bias alone didn't do it for me, so I added the subD.) Thank you for posting your solutions.

I still have two problems that I haven't solved. I saw both mentioned in this thread, but I didn't see a solution. Maybe I overlooked it.

1) The dots over the trees happen even with the default setup, with no lighting mods or other adjustments. Did anyone find a solution?

2) Has anyone found a workaround for the very obvious repetitive pattern tiling in the ground plane?

The lack of documentation on this product is frustrating!!! What on earth do icon names like "1-Green+LwC-RT(Slow)" mean? I guess RT means ray trace. Slow probably means slow render time. Any clues about 1-Green+LwC ?

Worldbase_XT.jpg
    810 x 557 - 320K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 1,290
    edited January 2013

I also wondered about that tiled ground in “1-Green+LwC-RT(Slow)”, so I rendered it with only 1 repeat for WorldBase-XtrCntr
    Ground-PlaneSHi (default in this scene is -80). It does not look very well, because of the intended use with the tiling.
    Rendering Time: 8 minutes 30.10 seconds

WorldBaseXT1GreenLwCRT01pic02.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 449K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited January 2013

In next experiment I have applied the procedural shader to WorldBase-XtrCntr Ground-PlaneSHi.
    I have used as an example Age of Armour Metalized Glass shaders preset Carnival Green Gold.
    It looks better, so I guess if one will apply the grass procedural shader to the Ground-PlaneSHi the render should be ok.
    Rendering Time: 11 minutes 8.4 seconds

WorldBaseXT1GreenLwCRT02pic01.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 485K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 1969

Another example with Supersuit Fabric preset "Camo - Jungle Green" applied to WorldBase-XtrCntr Ground-PlaneSHi.

WorldBaseXT1GreenLwCRT03pic01.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 427K
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 5,462
    edited December 1969

I am having a bit of trouble with this product. I am not an advanced lighting user, so I tend to use light sets, and most contain uber environment. I have worked for several hours trying to remove lines from the mountain ring worlbase XRT ring and artifacts from the sky but am not successful. The picture is otherwise gorgeous.

I don't know how to subdivide, which is the only thing I have not tried...Can someone tell me where this is located?

I also am worried, will I have to adjust these settings everytime I use uber light sets... IS there some way to make the ajdustments permanent in this product?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 3,411
    edited December 1969

I believe I have figured out the cause of the dots above the trees in Lushlands. I believe it is a DS bug related to the way transparency maps are handled/scaled. There seems to be a wraparound problem. The Lushlands trees have transparency maps with white areas all the way to the bottom of the map (tree trunks). When the transparency may gets scaled way down, like those distant trees, there seems to be a wraparound problem. The white areas at the bottom of the map (tree trunk bottoms) appear as dark lines at the top.

I have written a bug report https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=48986.

As a workaround for myself, I create a modified version of each tree transparency map and blacked out the bottom 16 lines. That seems to work pretty well, depending on the camera zoom level.

If DAZ doesn't fix this bug or declares that it is not a bug, I think the Lushlands product could be updated by the vendor with modified transparency maps to avoid this problem.

• DreamWeeverDreamWeever Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Could some do a render showing just how big this is against some thing like Streets of The Med please? I have got other 360 enviors before and found them not really big enough. Also how fast would it possibly render on a 5 year old pc with 2 gig ram in poser pro2012?
    Looks amazing, just want to make sure I really need it before taking the plunge.
    Thanks

• MachieltjeMachieltje Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am having a bit of trouble with this product. I am not an advanced lighting user, so I tend to use light sets, and most contain uber environment. I have worked for several hours trying to remove lines from the mountain ring worlbase XRT ring and artifacts from the sky but am not successful. The picture is otherwise gorgeous.

I don't know how to subdivide, which is the only thing I have not tried...Can someone tell me where this is located?

I also am worried, will I have to adjust these settings everytime I use uber light sets... IS there some way to make the ajdustments permanent in this product?

To Sub-D go to Edit > Object > Geometry > Convert to Sub-D and this WIL get rid of the lines as to making it permanent I guess saving it as a scene or a scene subset would work...

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 1,740
    edited December 1969

Could some do a render showing just how big this is against some thing like Streets of The Med please? I have got other 360 enviors before and found them not really big enough. Also how fast would it possibly render on a 5 year old pc with 2 gig ram in poser pro2012?
    Looks amazing, just want to make sure I really need it before taking the plunge.
    Thanks

Here's a very quick and rather dirty render for you. The first image frames Streets of the Mediterranean, the second shows the whole of Worldbase minus it's skydome to show how small Streets is sitting in the middle of it. No prizes for quality in this render, I just went for speed - it can look much better than this!
    Sorry I use DAZ Studio not Poser, so couldn't comment on render speed there. These took me about 5 seconds each on my PC (a 6-month-old with a lot of RAM) but it would be slower with decent lighting, etc. Actually my laptop (4 GB RAM) struggled a bit to use Streets of the Med, so I'm surprised you can do it on 2 GB.

Worldbase-vs-Streets-of-Med-02.jpg
    1024 x 778 - 300K
    Worldbase-vs-Streets-of-Med-01.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 378K
  • DreamWeeverDreamWeever Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    Thanks

Here's a very quick and rather dirty render for you. The first image frames Streets of the Mediterranean, the second shows the whole of Worldbase minus it's skydome to show how small Streets is sitting in the middle of it. No prizes for quality in this render, I just went for speed - it can look much better than this!
    Sorry I use DAZ Studio not Poser, so couldn't comment on render speed there. These took me about 5 seconds each on my PC (a 6-month-old with a lot of RAM) but it would be slower with decent lighting, etc. Actually my laptop (4 GB RAM) struggled a bit to use Streets of the Med, so I'm surprised you can do it on 2 GB.

Thanks for that. Wow its quite big, I might just have to find the $$ sooner lol.
    I am starting to run into issues with only having 2gb of ram now but some how I can still do some rather heavy scenes, best test was 9 gen 4's all with hair, clothing ect in Kelly's lodge.