AtticAnne's Attempts at Art

atticanneatticanne Posts: 2,626
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

I have been using Studio 4 for 10-1/2 months and have very little to show for it. I do save as scene, so I started going back through and trying to straighten all the messes I made. Any help will be deeply appreciated. I'm not saying Studio is hard, but...

«1

Comments

  • bighbigh Posts: 5,428
    edited June 2012

    just keep having fun - nice action snap

    you got ice tea in the cooler ?

    on the horse - does she have clothes on ?

    Post edited by bigh on
  • kylumikylumi Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

    AtticAnne said:
    I have been using Studio 4 for 10-1/2 months and have very little to show for it. I do save as scene, so I started going back through and trying to straighten all the messes I made. Any help will be deeply appreciated. I'm not saying Studio is hard, but...

    I can see you are finding things a little tricky but, you at least have some good basics going for you.
    Your little football guy works as does your camping scene but, I am not sure what is going on with the horsey? :lol:

    I would suggest that you concentrate on a single figure scene to start off with.
    Then use that figure as a test bed to familiarise yourself with lighting, posing and clothing etc.
    Basically what I am saying is keep your scenes simple until you feel confident enough to go onto multi-character renders.

    I am still keeping my scenes simple after 3 years of being a Daz user :lol:

    If there are areas you you require specific help with just holler.....!

    Post edited by kylumi on
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 2,626
    edited December 1969

    The Mil horse is supposed to be wearing the blanket from Opti-tex. It was supposed to be a circus/carnival horse with a rider. If I ever got the blanket positioned, then I was going to glitz it up for the circus.

    I'm rotating this one to the bottom of my to-do list. Things are slowly beginning to click and maybe by the time it comes up again I will have learned how to put the blanket on the horse.

  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 2,626
    edited December 1969

    bigh said:
    just keep having fun - nice action snap

    you got ice tea in the cooler ?

    on the horse - does she have clothes on ?

    The ball player is for my grandson Sasha. He got to play soccer last fall and loves it.

    I don't think there is anything in the cooler, but it looks like I dropped a fork on the ground.

    That poor horse. I just cannot get the blasted blanket positioned. If I ever do, then I'll probably find out I can't position the rider or her hat. I think at one point I had the horse wearing the hat on its neck.

  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 2,626
    edited December 1969

    kylumi said:
    AtticAnne said:
    I have been using Studio 4 for 10-1/2 months and have very little to show for it. I do save as scene, so I started going back through and trying to straighten all the messes I made. Any help will be deeply appreciated. I'm not saying Studio is hard, but...

    I can see you are finding things a little tricky but, you at least have some good basics going for you.
    Your little football guy works as does your camping scene but, I am not sure what is going on with the horsey? :lol:

    I would suggest that you concentrate on a single figure scene to start off with.
    Then use that figure as a test bed to familiarise yourself with lighting, posing and clothing etc.
    Basically what I am saying is keep your scenes simple until you feel confident enough to go onto multi-character renders.

    I am still keeping my scenes simple after 3 years of being a Daz user :lol:

    If there are areas you you require specific help with just holler.....!

    Thanks for taking a look and critiquing. My family is becoming used to my gales of laughter and just say, well, she's playing with DAZ again. You just think the camping scene works because I didn't show all of it. Somewhere there are baked potatoes with pats of butter floating off into outer space. I sure did jump into this with lofty ambitions.

    You are right about keeping it simple. The first thing I ever tried involved 2 guys sitting in front of a bear den. My daughter wouldn't even let me keep it on my computer--didn't want Sasha to see it and I had managed to get the guys into very compromising poses. So all tries at that got deleted. But I laughed until I cried.

  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 2,626
    edited December 1969

    Heeerreeee's Amy, dressed in an elven outfit. This was easier that most.

    at_Amy_elven5_small.png
    785 x 616 - 200K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Anne is getting the hang of it! I like this one, so CUTE!

  • bighbigh Posts: 5,428
    edited December 1969

    the blanket is fun to use - I put it on lots of models for a contest ( didn't win ) - had fun for sure
    if I can find the snaps , will post one

  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 2,626
    edited December 1969

    Jaderail said:
    Anne is getting the hang of it! I like this one, so CUTE!

    Thank you, Jade. It was a spur-of-the-moment to see if the elven dress would easily fit Amy and it did with no problems. I love DAZ 4. I have 3 books being delivered today--2 on Bryce and the Avatars book.

  • kylumikylumi Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    AtticAnne said:
    kylumi said:
    AtticAnne said:
    I have been using Studio 4 for 10-1/2 months and have very little to show for it. I do save as scene, so I started going back through and trying to straighten all the messes I made. Any help will be deeply appreciated. I'm not saying Studio is hard, but...

    I can see you are finding things a little tricky but, you at least have some good basics going for you.
    Your little football guy works as does your camping scene but, I am not sure what is going on with the horsey? :lol:

    I would suggest that you concentrate on a single figure scene to start off with.
    Then use that figure as a test bed to familiarise yourself with lighting, posing and clothing etc.
    Basically what I am saying is keep your scenes simple until you feel confident enough to go onto multi-character renders.

    I am still keeping my scenes simple after 3 years of being a Daz user :lol:

    If there are areas you you require specific help with just holler.....!

    Thanks for taking a look and critiquing. My family is becoming used to my gales of laughter and just say, well, she's playing with DAZ again. You just think the camping scene works because I didn't show all of it. Somewhere there are baked potatoes with pats of butter floating off into outer space. I sure did jump into this with lofty ambitions.

    You are right about keeping it simple. The first thing I ever tried involved 2 guys sitting in front of a bear den. My daughter wouldn't even let me keep it on my computer--didn't want Sasha to see it and I had managed to get the guys into very compromising poses. So all tries at that got deleted. But I laughed until I cried.

    ROFL..................and, that is exactly what it is all about...........having fun as you go.
    My family used to laugh themselves silly at my stuff..........now, I charge them for viewings :lol:

  • kylumikylumi Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    AtticAnne said:
    Heeerreeee's Amy, dressed in an elven outfit. This was easier that most.


    Now this image looks really super, and is the type of POV I would create myself.
    My only problem with it is ...................... I am seeing multi-pixelation. Could you upload a Jpeg version for me to see, please? :coolsmile:

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    All I can say is you are coming along very well Anne. I love to watch new users get to the point that they out do me. I bet you catch and pass me before the year is out.

  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 2,626
    edited December 1969

    The Caprinia Solarium set is quite large. I keep losing my figures and props in it. This is just a small shot of what I've done so far.

    at_CapriniaSolarium_Stinger3.jpg
    785 x 785 - 430K
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 2,626
    edited December 1969

    This is David 3. He got shoved to the back, but has now resurfaced.

    at_David3_Corroded4.jpg
    785 x 785 - 349K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    You've been holding out on me. But that's good. Now I see what you can do. I'll keep this in mind for the next class. ;-)

  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 2,626
    edited December 1969

    Thanks, Jade. I have no method, just madness. They'll probably be better with cameras and lights.

  • SzarkSzark Posts: 8,765
    edited December 1969

    kylumi said:

    My family used to laugh themselves silly at my stuff..........now, I charge them for viewings :lol:
    What a great idea. LOL Funny


    As others have said keep it simple and slowly build up to bigger scenes.


    But as I said in the 101 class thread, play with it, test things out on primatives when you can. Reading about how these progarms make things happen is a good start in understanding the programs themselves.

  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 2,626
    edited December 1969

    I worked on this all day for the Newcomers Contest, went to post it, and discovered it closed yesterday, not today. It will be some time before I look at her again because after a month of her, I'm plain sick and tired . I don't think her boots will ever fit. This posing exercise has made me resolve to leave my people barefoot if the shoe don't fit the first time. I ain't agonna force it any more.

    Thanks to all you great people who helped me. Some of it stuck, some of it didn't. That's okay, some days I don't even know what my name is.

    at_piratepinup12b.jpg
    785 x 785 - 447K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 8,648
    edited December 1969

    I'm so sorry you missed the deadline. I know just what you mean about the boots. I hate using footwear because I can ever get them to work right. I started doing all my renders barefoot.

  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 2,626
    edited December 1969

    Whenever I saw a post about problems with shoes, I thought how hard could it be? Well, now I know. I wonder if it's any better in 4.5.

  • kylumikylumi Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Well done, my friend ....................did you fit the boots BEFORE or AFTER you posed your character? :ohh:

  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 2,626
    edited December 1969

    Thanks, kylumi. I fit the boots after posing the figure.

  • revenger681revenger681 Posts: 154
    edited December 1969

    Just dropping by to say: Great renders :)

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,932
    edited September 2012

    AtticAnne said:
    I worked on this all day for the Newcomers Contest, went to post it, and discovered it closed yesterday, not today. It will be some time before I look at her again because after a month of her, I'm plain sick and tired . I don't think her boots will ever fit. This posing exercise has made me resolve to leave my people barefoot if the shoe don't fit the first time. I ain't agonna force it any more.

    Thanks to all you great people who helped me. Some of it stuck, some of it didn't. That's okay, some days I don't even know what my name is.

    Cool stuff Anne! Was this a daz render? and did you render her with the background or layer her in during post work? I ask cos recently I learned you could render in daz as a PNG file, already smoothly cut out. I totally use it all the time now :)

    Love her outfit Too!! I found myself looking for Jack Sparrow with protruding eyes and a not so hidden expression of eyeing her off! HAHA!

    Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • michaeltoomichaeltoo Posts: 120
    edited December 1969

    AtticAnne said:
    Whenever I saw a post about problems with shoes, I thought how hard could it be? Well, now I know. I wonder if it's any better in 4.5.

    Yes I'm sure the problems in 4.5. will be much bigger and better. ;-) Hi Anne just thought I'd add myself to your growing fan club, keep up the good work.

  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 2,626
    edited December 1969

    Just dropping by to say: Great renders :)

    Thank you, revenger681.

  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 2,626
    edited December 1969

    Spyro said:
    AtticAnne said:
    I worked on this all day for the Newcomers Contest, went to post it, and discovered it closed yesterday, not today. It will be some time before I look at her again because after a month of her, I'm plain sick and tired . I don't think her boots will ever fit. This posing exercise has made me resolve to leave my people barefoot if the shoe don't fit the first time. I ain't agonna force it any more.

    Thanks to all you great people who helped me. Some of it stuck, some of it didn't. That's okay, some days I don't even know what my name is.

    Cool stuff Anne! Was this a daz render? and did you render her with the background or layer her in during post work? I ask cos recently I learned you could render in daz as a PNG file, already smoothly cut out. I totally use it all the time now :)

    Love her outfit Too!! I found myself looking for Jack Sparrow with protruding eyes and a not so hidden expression of eyeing her off! HAHA!

    All DAZ Studio renders...I don't know how to do any others yet. I did her first and saved as a scene. Then added to a background and rendered. I like PNGs. The outfit is a texture outfit for Lassie of the Seas.

  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 2,626
    edited December 1969

    AtticAnne said:
    Whenever I saw a post about problems with shoes, I thought how hard could it be? Well, now I know. I wonder if it's any better in 4.5.

    Yes I'm sure the problems in 4.5. will be much bigger and better. ;-) Hi Anne just thought I'd add myself to your growing fan club, keep up the good work.

    Actually, I find shoes much easier in 4.5.

    Thanks, I hope to get some more renders done and up this week.

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

    WHAT? Annie, you been holding out on me? Come on and get me some renders done, been missing you. You been off learning while I was not watching?

    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 2,626
    edited December 1969

    Evidently not learning anything. I'm posting a render over to Basics 101.

Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel