How to get Genesis (solved)

wsxcwsxc Posts: 19
edited October 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have installed DAZ Studio 4.5 over DAZ studio 4. Everything is alright, except one thing: genesis figure and it's files (Genesis.dsf and some morphs) disappeared. Where can I get Genesis figure without reinstalling DAZ Studio?

Post edited by DAZ_bfurner on

Comments

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

You need to also download Genesis Starter Essentials and install it.

They separated the program install from the content install.

If you download it and install it, everything should be in place for you. :)

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited September 2012

The name of the file you are looking for is "14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx.exe" Its 420MB

Post edited by Mattymanx on
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Mattymanx...

Hey! That rhymes.

:)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Thanks, Mattymanx...

Hey! That rhymes.

:)

You're a poet and didn't know it. :)
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,850
    edited December 1969

I'll propose a reversion to prose.

edited December 1969

Oh, I knew it... but looks like Richard blew it. *sigh*

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You should do waht Richard say
    Else he'll tell you "go away"

• Pantom TrilobitePantom Trilobite Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    The name of the file you are looking for is "14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx.exe" Its 420MB

On my 6th attempted down load of this! Thanks for the advice on the size. Now I know I've got - at best - half way before the down load fails. So far how genesis in DAZ3D 4.5 or anything related to it. I'll keep battling the dodgy down load and one day I may end up with a product that I can use and all the $ I have paid to DAZ will cease to be wasted.

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

On my 6th attempted down load of this! Thanks for the advice on the size. Now I know I've got - at best - half way before the down load fails. So far how genesis in DAZ3D 4.5 or anything related to it. I'll keep battling the dodgy down load and one day I may end up with a product that I can use and all the $ I have paid to DAZ will cease to be wasted.

If you get repeated download failures it is possible, even probable, that it is failing at around the same ponit because the broken download is in your cache, try closing your browser, clearing the cache and the attempt the download again.

• kin hellkin hell Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

bm

Post edited by kin hell on
    edited December 1969

Update on download problems psoted here. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8784/#117701