Comments

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

the product section is also not responding

i am not installing to default c/user etc

everything installed through dim to D/etc

under daz studio formats amd poser formats everything is there as it should

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Are you seeing anything at all in Categories/Products?  What exactly is happening, items not showing up, not working?

edited January 2016

all my created categories are there but no content

smart content shows nearly nothing

just a few products

Post edited by Ruphuss on

a new categorizing attempt did also not work

no link in the category

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100

Please go to Help->Troubleshooting->View Log file, scroll to the this time you opened DS and copy and paste the line that starts with "Connected to CMS"

Please go to Help->Troubleshooting->View Log file, scroll to the this time you opened DS and copy and paste the line that starts with "Connected to CMS"

Connected to CMS: PostgreSQL 9.3.4, compiled by Visual C++ build 1600, 64-bit

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,899

I have the same problem, new categorizations doesn't work.
    And when I rename something, it disappears from Smart Content as if I uninistalled it.

Ruphuss said:

Well that means the easy fix won't work. :( Thanks. I have a script that may work, we are still tweaking it, so it is not part of the release. There is some other troubleshooting I may be able to walk you through and I have some questions in regards to your setup and workflow. 

Can you please file a support ticket, so we can see if we can get this working for you. 

Imago said:

I have the same problem, new categorizations doesn't work.
    And when I rename something, it disappears from Smart Content as if I uninistalled it.

I have to ask the same question about what CMS you are connected to. (Most of the tickets we have gotten that are similar are because the customer was using the old CMS.) And if yours is the same, then please file a support ticket. :) I have a feeling I know what it is, but I don't want to talk about your personal machine in public. 

a lot of this stuff coming then

as i said already i wasnt connected to connect til now and i would be happy if i do not have to

WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Query (INSERT INTO "content" (product_id,product_path,filename,default_filename,path,file_and_path,last_filesystem_path,vendor_words,auto_words,user_words,description_id,note_id,content_type_id,compatibility_base_id,audience,group_num,hide,poser_type,studio_type,user_facing,hash,is_vendor,has_cloud_meta_data,is_installed,is_cloud_owned,needs_update,delete_on_update,date_created,last_update) VALUES (-10, '', 'LS Jewels Metals Black.duf', 'LS Jewels Metals Black.duf', 'People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Pretty3D/Little Secret/Materials', 'people/genesis 3 female/clothing/pretty3d/little secret/materials/ls jewels metals black.duf', 'D:/DIMcontent/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Pretty3D/Little Secret/Materials/LS Jewels Metals Black.duf', '', 'LS Jewels Metals Black.duf,LS Jewels Metals Black,duf', '', NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, 0, 0, 'f', 0, 1, 't', '77f092562bbc4f969502b505953313bd', 'f', 'f', 't', 'f', 'f', 'f', '2016-01-21 14:31:59', '2016-01-21 14:31:59') RETURNING id) failed with exception: ERROR:  insert or update on table "content" violates foreign key constraint "content_product_id_fkey"
    DETAIL:  Key (product_id)=(-10) is not present in table "product".

Ruphuss said:

a lot of this stuff coming then

as i said already i wasnt connected to connect til now and i would be happy if i do not have to

You shouldn't have to. I may have a quick fix, but I have to know things about your system and workflow, which is why I asked you to file a support ticket. What may work for you, may not work for Imago, for example. The fixes and troubleshooting are not generic. 

ok thx spooky

now i sent a ticket

since when the zendesk has changed that i cannot see my requests any more ?

• Gr00vusGr00vus Posts: 366

I had similar problems when I tried to use the 4.9 beta as I wrote here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/961590/#Comment_961590

Looks like some of those problems still exist in the release.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    Ruphuss said:
    since when the zendesk has changed that i cannot see my requests any more ?

I'm having an argument with Zendesk over this exact situation right now.

The whole Zendesk page design has been "improved", which means it's less easy to use. Click on your name in its little box at the top of the page, and a little drop-down menu will appear. Click on "My Activities" and you'll get what should have been the very first page to appear, showing all your previous tickets.

Oh, and watch out for the pale grey smudges. Someone at Zendesk has a touching faith in our ability to see and read nearly invisible teeny-tiny text (pale grey on a white background).

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,131
    edited January 2016

Mine was working, now I've lost categories and Smart Content entirely. crying I have submitted Request #209968

Log file says: Connected to CMS: PostgreSQL 9.3.4, compiled by Visual C++ build 1600, 64-bit

Later in the log file I see this line. I don't know if it is significant, but it looks related: WARNING: interface\widgets\dzcontenttab.cpp(348): Bad category path: Root

I was uninstalling some things from the DIM and installing with Daz Connect. Did those two operations step on each other and mess up the database. Shouldn't they use semaphores or something ensure safe operation?

This is what I see.

All smart data lost.JPG
    565 x 655 - 74K
    Categories gone.JPG
    568 x 511 - 43K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

It is  shame of ds 4.9.  There seems no way to categorize each user-made files one by one,  about saved scene ,subset,  presets, and  my orignal items made by myself from scratch.  not improvement, it is regression.

Then,  Almost of user-made file categories had gone away. ( I export user-data, from ds 4.8, untill I install this foolish prodcut version,

then re-import the user data.)

I found , if user make new product for them, they can categorize .  and about category, which I had made original product meta-data,

in ds 4.8 (or 4.5 etc,, I do not remember)  and I re-import these originall product meta-data,  they can be shown.

But  it seems overwork, and regression to manage contents.(not about daz products but for user saved scene or original assets etc)

and DAZ have never recommend user to make Original product meta-data before,

SImply because, In ds 4.8 we could  categorize about all user face files easy. (then exported  user-data and keep it,

then re-import them , (for sudden database problem, and we needed to re-import all meta-data, or reset data-base again etc,)

Or Is there way to make category about just saved scene files, without making product? 

or it is unique case, and I am simply un-lucky?   is it real product version?  or I am testing beta?

I have not connected . just keep off line mode.about ds 4.9 .

1 I launch daz studio 4.9 product version.  keep off line mode.  it load empty scene (which I set so)

2  load primitve cube

3 save as scene subset ,  /Mylibrary/TK/test/JustCubesubset.duf

4 I can load the subset from the directory of  content library (where I saved)

5r-click the icon of "JustCubesubset.duf" in content library, then select "Categorize..."

6  "Categorize" small window  open, then I add new category "testsubset",

Default/testsubset , then check it, and click "Accept"

7 It actually made new User made category "Default/testsubset",  I can see it in content library>categories, with small "U" icon.

8 But there is no referrence icon of the subset . in Categories. I try to "reflesh" but it not work.

9  next I try to add category by Content DB editor,  I set default category, then Accept, but next open Contetn DB editor again,

then check category again,  but the categories have been removed perfectly.

Creating Asset Manager...
    Creating Authentication Manager...

///////////////////////////////////////////

Saved image: I:\myfile\dazstudio4\Mylibrary\TK\test\JustCubeSubset.duf.png
    WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Query (INSERT INTO "content" (product_id,product_path,filename,default_filename,path,file_and_path,last_filesystem_path,vendor_words,auto_words,user_words,description_id,note_id,content_type_id,compatibility_base_id,audience,group_num,hide,poser_type,studio_type,user_facing,hash,is_vendor,has_cloud_meta_data,is_installed,is_cloud_owned,needs_update,delete_on_update,date_created,last_update) VALUES (-10, '', 'JustCubeSubset.duf', 'JustCubeSubset.duf', 'TK/test', 'tk/test/justcubesubset.duf', 'I:/myfile/dazstudio4/Mylibrary/TK/test/JustCubeSubset.duf', '', 'JustCubeSubset.duf,JustCubeSubset,duf', '', NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, 0, 0, 'f', 0, 1, 't', '1f489b7e1130431791f7e008f42452aa', 'f', 'f', 't', 'f', 'f', 'f', '2016-01-22 04:53:54', '2016-01-22 04:53:54') RETURNING id) failed with exception: ERROR:  insert or update on table "content" violates foreign key constraint "content_product_id_fkey"

WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in contentInsert: ERROR:  insert or update on table "content" violates foreign key constraint "content_product_id_fkey"

WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Query (INSERT INTO "content" (product_id,product_path,filename,default_filename,path,file_and_path,last_filesystem_path,vendor_words,auto_words,user_words,description_id,note_id,content_type_id,compatibility_base_id,audience,group_num,hide,poser_type,studio_type,user_facing,hash,is_vendor,has_cloud_meta_data,is_installed,is_cloud_owned,needs_update,delete_on_update,date_created,last_update) VALUES (-10, '', 'JustCubeSubset.duf', 'JustCubeSubset.duf', 'TK/test', 'tk/test/justcubesubset.duf', 'I:/myfile/dazstudio4/Mylibrary/TK/test/JustCubeSubset.duf', '', 'JustCubeSubset.duf,JustCubeSubset,duf', '', NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, 0, 0, 'f', 0, 1, 't', 'f4953fe179a7466bbacf0de835df6ff9', 'f', 'f', 't', 'f', 'f', 'f', '2016-01-22 05:06:21', '2016-01-22 05:06:21') RETURNING id) failed with exception: ERROR:  insert or update on table "content" violates foreign key constraint "content_product_id_fkey"

WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in contentInsert: ERROR:  insert or update on table "content" violates foreign key constraint "content_product_id_fkey"

WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Query (INSERT INTO "content" (product_id,product_path,filename,default_filename,path,file_and_path,last_filesystem_path,vendor_words,auto_words,user_words,description_id,note_id,content_type_id,compatibility_base_id,audience,group_num,hide,poser_type,studio_type,user_facing,hash,is_vendor,has_cloud_meta_data,is_installed,is_cloud_owned,needs_update,delete_on_update,date_created,last_update) VALUES (-10, '', 'JustCubeSubset.duf', 'JustCubeSubset.duf', 'TK/test', 'tk/test/justcubesubset.duf', 'I:/myfile/dazstudio4/Mylibrary/TK/test/JustCubeSubset.duf', '', 'JustCubeSubset.duf,JustCubeSubset,duf', '', NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, 0, 0, 'f', 0, 1, 't', '934014c3162142878e606d1377aeefc1', 'f', 'f', 't', 'f', 'f', 'f', '2016-01-22 05:09:05', '2016-01-22 05:09:05') RETURNING id) failed with exception: ERROR:  insert or update on table "content" violates foreign key constraint "content_product_id_fkey"

no news here ?

waiting for a solution

or do i have to organize all my categories again ?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

This is being looked into

• let me tell you this i dont like this daz connect thing at all.i want to download my products save em on my harddisk (as i do for ages already)and install when and where and if i want. i am very upset now and for the moment my thoughts go as to limit my shopping at the daz store and if i buy i buy only products that i can download manually and if that ceases in the future well then i know what to do.!!

• PeteHPeteH Posts: 19
    edited January 2016

I think the Connect concept is to coerce users to buy only from DAZ.

Smart content has never been useful. How can it provide a answer to this type of question: I want a western scene, so what clothes have I got that are appropriate (Western, Steampunk) then which figure are they for? That works ONLY with categories.

There is also the further problem of "long tree paths" if you use the content library "Daz Studio Formats" to get to the textures/poses/shaders etc. especially if you use non-Daz suppliers. Even Daz producers get carried away. So simple to find using categories.

Post edited by PeteH on
    edited January 2016
    Ruphuss said:

no news here ?

waiting for a solution

or do i have to organize all my categories again ?

We  are trying to track down exactly what is going wrong with the migration. It is my teams top priority at the moment but to solve this we are going to need more information. So please if you are having this issue submit a support ticket, and include as much information as possible. We'll also be asking questions, specific to your circumstances. 

Thanks. :)

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on

i did already and sent the logfile to emmalee yesterday and the reference to this thread

Ruphuss said:

i did already and sent the logfile to emmalee yesterday and the reference to this thread

Yes. Thanks, Yours is one of three my team is looking at. I just know there are more. 

please in this thread stay at the custom categories issue

its not about daz connect that i have no experience with til now

and not about smart content

i know the categories are based on smart content though

• This new version does not save scene subsets. This is the log file:

Importing File...
    Importing !en column4.pp2 ...
    Reading !ENColumn4.obj
    Time to load file: 283.431 ms
    Loaded image !ENStone1.jpg
    Imported: !en column4.pp2
    Building Scene...
    File loaded in 0 min 0.6 sec.
    Loaded file: !en column4.pp2
    WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
    Loaded image !ENStone1.jpg
    File loaded in 0 min 0.2 sec.
    Loaded file: ig_stone20.duf
    Loaded image Stone20.jpg
    Saved image: C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Environments\Architecture\column.duf.png

For users those who have same problem to categorize new user-saved files,(preset, scene etc)   in ds 4.9,   (and  lost category about user-made files which  other daz studio version)

Anyway if you need to categorize about current saved files, and hope to show it in content library, and can not wait daz solve this problem,

at first you need to set new" product " about these files.

go to the directory which you saved the file  (file path based)  of content library , then r-click the  folda (or directory) of the saved files,]

select "create product".  after that, You can categorize these user saved  file.  and serch it by category.

I  found, if I remove the  product (not the file)   the  assignment of the category seems to be deleted at same time.

At current , DS 4.9 seems to manage all files as product_base in DB,  I think.  if the file is not assgiend as product,

we can not make category about these files.

product.PNG
    730 x 711 - 103K