Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Or, as we often say, welcome to your new addiction. The first needle is free, kid! :lol:

• KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

Or, as we often say, welcome to your new addiction. The first needle is free, kid! :lol:

Ah, but some of us were smart and made sure that was an IV needle that kinda stays put ... ;-)

• silva.ant3dsilva.ant3d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi Daz world, I'm Kath aka Silvant3d and i have spent the last 7 months awakening the 3d 'monster' in me. And its a crave that has me captivated.I have a passion to get into making 3d interiors and sets, that seems to light my fire. Look forward to being part of the family. choa for now.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,349
    edited December 1969

Welcome to the site Kath. You will have a good time here.

• deloquenciadeloquencia Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

...and saying for a second time hello :-)

after I’ve joined this month’s beginners contest I thought to introduce myself here. Late but not to late…
    My name is Thomas and I live since years in Europe, moving around a lot.

Around half a year ago I started doing 3D CG with DAZ Studio and Poser focusing on portraits, choreography and sci-fi.

For years I worked as photographer in Vienna, Zurich and Hamburg but I never accomplished to frame reality in
    a touching way - so once I stopped triggering the camera.

In last Spring I started to frame my own reality in the realm of 3D and to trigger illusions to come true.
    Most of what I’ll seek is realism to the extreme. It’s still a long way to cross this border, but let’s meet there :-)

In between I’m working now as a network administrator, facing dark clouds and try to survive in this society.
    See you - here and there (-:

------
    btw: Why do you have a welcome forum and a sticky say hello thread?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Not quite certain, it's the way we have always done it since the New Users Area was started.. A lot of people will drop in and start their own threads, some will post in the Hello thread.

THis was the old welcome Area.

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewforum.php?f=98 You can see what I mean about people starting their own threads to say Hello

• edited December 1969

Hi I'm nobody, cause no one likes me...

• deloquenciadeloquencia Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

Well, okay :-/
    Welcome anyway... (-:

At what you're focusing in 3D, ranger3000ca?

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Now why would you say that? I hope not because we don't know you yet. I'm sure as people get to know you, they'll like you very much.

In any case, welcome to the madness that is DAZ 3D's forums, oh and yes, to your latest addiction. ;-)

• edited December 1969

Hi everyone

Thought I would make my first post here and say hello. "Hello..."

I am sort of new to Daz using it a few years back but stopped when I got sick (just as Daz 3 was being released).

These days I have way to much time on my hands as I can't work any more, don't like watching television and have watched almost all the movies from the local Video Hire shop. A few days ago I saw DazStudio mentioned on a site (had forgotten all about it), so i joined up and downloaded it today.

After a few hours of playing around lots of things are coming back to me though it is a lot more advanced than I remember and most of the tools make no sense to me but I can see I will have a lot of fun trying to figure them out.

Anyway, starting to ramble on so I will leave it there. Hi again!

edited December 1969

Hi and welcome.

ANy problems you have getting used to DS4, and hints and tips you need, do pull into the "New Users Help Forum and ask away.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Welcome back bluemoon!

The version of DAZ Studio that is free now is in fact the Pro version, so lots of new tools to play with.

The New Users Forum is the ideal place to ask questions, or even the DAZ Discussion Forum if the question is a bit more advanced.

Have fun, you are among friends here.

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the welcome chohole and JimmyC_2009

• aby8grimwaresaby8grimwares Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Welcome, Nobody. You'll find everyone likes you here. We're all here because we are not altogether there.

I'm Bernard, managed 61 posts before finding this thread.
    I like to hang out in Dylath Lene, the Mountains of Madness and of course the PC forums.
    I read almost anything (I lose interest if it gets to explicit)
    Fave movies? NOSFARATU, METROPOLIS (not the anime version), ROCKY HORROR, ARMY OF DARKNESS, just follow pattern.
    Music? anthing but newage, modern country and modern jazz. otherwise anything from BACH to ZZ TOP( current house bands are PINK FLOYD AND EVANESSENCE)

This enough? can we do The Time Warp now?

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Welcome, welcome, bluemoon and ranger. This is a mad, mad world and all its inhabitants are mad in one way or another. DAZ is fun, funnier, funniest.

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited August 2012

Hello World, can't remember my old post count btw, XD
    Oh, looking the forumarchives is 3802

898986lo.jpg
    688 x 254 - 50K
    Post edited by Zilvergrafix on
  • HimmelelchenHimmelelchen Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

oh, ich habe mich in diesem forum noch nicht vorgestellt- ich bin das himmelelfchen.
    bin verheiratet, habe 2 erwachsene kinder und einen kater, der einem meiner kinder gehört, ich aber immer für ihm da bin.
    mir macht das posern mit daz studio4 pro unheimlich viel spaß- nun update 4,5-
    arbeite mit psp9, px2, px4

• Craigs3dCraigs3d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi my names Craig for Craigs3D... I've been modelling well for sometime now although mainly components items...

However I'm new to producing characters and DAZ3D.... I felt that this site and products has a lot to offer allowing me to complete my goals to the required quality and within an ever shrinking time frame...

Thank you..

Craig xx

edited December 1969

Welcome to the site Craig. You should be able to find any information you need throughout the forms

• reginahowardreginahoward Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi there! I'm a newbie here. :)

edited December 1969

Welcome to the site

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
    edited December 1969

Hello, my name is tjohn, and it's been 2 days since my last render...what? This isn't Renderholics Anonymous? Well, hi anyway!

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Welcome, regina and John, even if it's not what you were expecting. We did have a 12-step program (or maybe it was only 10 steps). I don't remember what it was for and since it was anonymous I can't contact anyone for more info. Oh, well, just join the rest of us in learning and fun.

• omarshahzadcaomarshahzadca Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Hi guys I’m Omar Shahzad, 29years old and new member of this forum. i am gona participate in discussions going on in this forum.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If you need any help using the software visit us in the new users forums. Many of us will try to give you the help you need. We also have contest's for new users every month that you might like to look into. If you look in the old New User Contest WIP threads you can find tips on lots of things explained for users to use from the very start.

And most of ALL WELCOME!! and have happy Renders.

edited December 1969

Hi guys I’m Omar Shahzad, 29years old and new member of this forum. i am gona participate in discussions going on in this forum.

Welcome to the forums. As Jaderail said come and join us in the New Users forum to have all your questions asked. We have a very dedicated group of people to help

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Hi folks, i'm pretty new to the whole 3d-thing. Been playing around with Daz Studio 4 and Poser Debut for a few weeks now, took my first steps with Hexagon.
    Looking forward to learn some modeling and creating a few half-decent renders soon... :lol:

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Welcome to the addiction. It can sneak up on you very fast so watch yourself.

edited December 1969

Hi and Welcome. Any questions you may have, do come visit us in the New Users Help forum, very friendly, and we try and make you feel at home there.

• jeffrie7jeffrie7 Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

Hi There!

My name is Jeff and I am a sucker for digital eye-candy that can be found in video games, digital art-books, and on wallpapers. Day-job wise, I am in IT and my creativity is spent on business solutions. I'd like my creative energy to foster some eye-candy coolness to share, inspire, relate, and elevate some dreams. Maybe get DAZ listed under a CGSociety.org entry or in a Ballistic Publication (Dreaming? Yes, No?)

My inspirations draw mainly from video game art and concepts that can relate to:

• Darksiders© (Vigil Studios; Joe Madureira)
    • WH40K SpaceMarine© (Relic; Games Workshop)
    • Ballistic Publishing©

Aspiration wise, I would like to achieve original high-polish artwork that would go on a book or in an art-book. The pursuit of a graphic novel has me really amped. Especially after seeing what was created by Shane Smith.

As for Meatloaf, I prefer it on my plate with mash potatoes and corn. However, I do laugh when I hear, "Paradise By The Dashboard light".

I would have to say my optimistic outlook and enthusiasm makes me unique and lovable.

In closing, I wish you all the best in your endeavors and in staying focused. Don't be surprised if I bug you with "how'd you do that? questions.

(ya know...now that I've posted this here out in the open in front of all of you....now I have to deliver....yep...no pressure :-P )