SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• GigabeatGigabeat Posts: 164
    edited December 1969

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worst it did.
    Today each store page I click takes several minutes to load.
    And the only fast loading pages are the ones with error messages. Sigh!
    Interesting that it seems like the whole store is currently on sale, but I never got email notice.
    Then again by the time each page loads the sale would most likely be over.

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I just got some “Fatal error” text while trying to reach the store website. Would it help to post it here or is it unnecessary? Just asking before the thread is flooded. :)
    Cheers.

• edited December 1969

I keep getting redirected to my account page everytime I try and check out...

• LEI1LEI1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

adzan said:
    So how are sales doing on the customer issue backlog
    because I posted on page 3 about pending downloads from the previous week and I'm still waiting for replies to my emails.

:shakingmyhead:

You and me both Adzan, I've had an auth pending on my account for more than two weeks and still … I could hear a pin drop in the silence from Daz customer service :blank:

At this point I'd do backflips just to get a simple: yes, we've receive your email(s).

• jerhamjerham Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

A update of the "DAZ3D Store update" announcement (posted 21 may 2012) would be very nice for those who do not want to go thru 15 pages of this topic alone, in search of information from DAZ.

To be honest i'm starting to find the lack of information from DAZ the most annoying part. I'm aware indivdual problems are answered here on the forum, but i really would appriciate some sort off communication from DAZ itself (some sort indication/timeline in regard to the store issues?).

• LEI1LEI1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

jerham said:
    A update of the "DAZ3D Store update" announcement (posted 21 may 2012) would be very nice for those who do not want to go thru 15 pages of this topic alone, in search of information from DAZ.

To be honest i'm starting to find the lack of information from DAZ the most annoying part. I'm aware indivdual problems are answered here on the forum, but i really would appriciate some sort off communication from DAZ itself (some sort indication/timeline in regard to the store issues?).

I second this! It's not really fair to thrust the burden onto the forum mods, because most are not Daz staffers and though they're kind enough to answer questions, they can only speak on what they know. And right now no one seems to know much of anything about the large concerns ... That aside it's really not the forum team's responsibility to handle customer service in the first place. :-S

The other issue is that not everyone is aware of these threads, and even for those of us who feel comfortable enough to navigate them, things are still buggy and messy. In any case (though I'm not holding my breath considering the stuff piling up) a word from the company is definitely necessary and a bit overdue at this point.

• helgashelgas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Every time I click on it I get an error message. Can this be fixed?

• acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited December 1969

plarson said:
    Frank0314 said:
    Both the store and forum we tested by a large group of people. Most of the bugs were worked out, but when they went live some things changed. It wasn't foreseen and does happen often.

Would you like to buy a bridge to Brooklyn?

Next time someone suggests upgrading the website someone from DAZ should use the same method of teaching puppies not to piss in side. Taje a squirt gun full of water and spray them saying BAD BAD!

Every time DAZ "upgrades" their website it is the same story.

Rule 1: Live tessting isn't good.

Rule 2: If it ain't broke don't break it.

The way in which this so-called "upgrade" has been handled has been truly apalling. Today the site is pretty much unusable because it is so damned slow. Then, when you do finally get a page displayed, nine times out of ten it's a Magento Unhandled Exception report page. Honestly, who would take a risk on buying anything when the site is so unstable?

I really wonder how a business that relies so heavily upon the web for its revenue stream could have allowed such crass incompetence.

And then, just when I think DAZ has reached the absolute pinnacle of inept management, along comes the astonishing issue that most installers are being corrupted ... and it was up to a third party to create a utility to patch them to make them useable!!!! (See: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/865/)

Come on, DAZ. Get your act together! Start by firing the officer who was responsible for this shambles.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

They have been doing updates all day today. This is why the forum keeps going up and down and errors popping up

• acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited December 1969

That's another example of bad management.

Tinkering with a broken site while allowing customers to continue logging in and conduct financial transactions (!!!) is a recipie for complete disaster. Better to take the whole site down until these problems are properly sorted out.

• Alethas FantasyAlethas Fantasy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Amen to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• GnotMeGnotMe Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

I keep getting Errors when I attempt to access my Account, or download items I have purchased.

MAGENTO

There has been an error processing your request

SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections

This is SO *%$$# frustrating. The new site has been an almost total piece of crap.

1. Some of the best features like FASTGRAB are gone.

2 The web pages appear to be magnified so you must scroll like crazy to see the whole page.

3 In downloads I keep getting both MAC and Windows files - when I only want Window - huge waste of my time and screen real estate.
    I cannot find anyplace to specify I only want one

4 I had links to some really important helpful information in the OLD FORUM, and now all I get are dead links with errors. How the hell can I get the helpful tutorials that I counted on but did not have the smarts to copy and save?
    People have lost access to tons of REALLY USEFUL information!!!!

5 The store does not sort things the way I want

6 My Wishlist is missing "Show sale Items Only"

7 It's hard to specify how to pay for a purchase - use or do not use coupons etc.

NOW the *&%$# thing can't even do a store search without CRASHING.

I'm sick and tired having waited at least 2 weeks for the crap to be fixed. I suggest you guys shoot the "idiots" in charge of picking and choosing and failing to test the system properly before implementing it on the entire DAZ customer/client base.

There's serious incompetence here. I'm sure DAZ3D purchases have really fallen to record levels because of the difficulty with just about everything on the web site.

Don't get me wrong. I love DAZ3D, but not just right now. I support DAZ3D and purchased more than I should. Genesis is FANTASTIC, and I am amazed at most of the great new features of DAZ Studio 4, and there is no question that there are some really great, creative, smart people at DAZ3D, but this whole web and store debacle is truly awful.

Of course I will continue to support DAZ3D with my pocketbook, once the site works right.

Dan

• edited December 1969

Anyone getting this Issue? I managed to finally get an order to go through, it says complete in the "My Orders" area and I click the download link for the items and I get...

Download is currently unavailable

Sorry, this download is currently unavailable.

Please go to your Account and check your Order Status.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

No, I think that is a new one. Check here to see if someone has reported it yet and if not submit a report. https://bugs.daz3d.com. If you don't have an account you will have to sign up for one. In the right hand corner of the screen select the drop down and pick DAZ Web Search

• MusicplayerMusicplayer Posts: 515
    edited December 1969

I sent Daz Sales a note 7 hours ago telling them of the same problem, I could not download my purchased items due to the same error you mention. I have not had this particular problem with the new site until now, but have had other issues.
    Still waiting for a reply, and although a great supporter of Daz, this ongoing new website and store problems, is beyond belief for an online business. Might be time Daz to call in some urgent outside help. ;-)

• edited December 1969

1. FastGrab is in the process of coming back: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions/fast-grab-3d-models
    3. This is not going to be fixed. There's a push to making all the downloads platform independent zip files, which will make the mac/pc divide irrelevant.
    4. The old forum is at http://forumarchive.daz3d.com
    6. If you're using Chrome or Firefox, there's a Greasemonkey script for that: https://userscripts.org/scripts/show/133738

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

I hear you. Unfortunately, I'm not in charge either! :lol: A couple of points:

FastGrab appears to be back. I just got the Millennium Horse bundle for $5.99
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions/fast-grab-3d-models
    Go to Shop > Sales and Promotions > Fast Grab

You can get to the old forums. You can edit all your saved links (I know, wotta pain!) from forum.daz3d.com to forumarchive.daz3d.com

The store does have sorts, and you can sort ascending or descending. Still wonky, I know. Search is still bogus, but you can do something like A3+catsuit, but that didn't return what I wanted. The search seems to be way too literal.

• edited December 1969

as a side note i tried logging today into my account and got a MAGENTO error about preferences. so i quit out. came back to try again a few hours later and was logged in as somone else. it showed on top of screen the person had 421 wishlist items. i did not click on anything else, other then the not person listed link on the far right, becasue i knew it was not my accout so i can't say if i coudl get any deeper in. this is a problem due to the fact i am the only one that logs on this machine.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

merged into the Official thread

• thartwickthartwick Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Tollaris said:
    Anyone getting this Issue? I managed to finally get an order to go through, it says complete in the "My Orders" area and I click the download link for the items and I get...

Download is currently unavailable

Sorry, this download is currently unavailable.

Please go to your Account and check your Order Status.

I just purchased an item after suffering long waits and have the same problem as you.

I haven't been on here in a while and the site is so slowwwwwww.

• Totally4RyoTotally4Ryo Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

I had the same problem - I ordered four items and the DS4 Auto-Fit (which is free, but still). The 4 downloadables were stuck in Pending status from my downloads page, and apparently a serial number to input for the Auto-Fit should appear on my serial numbers page, but so far has not. I'm still waiting for a serial number, I did open a ticket.

However, I managed to download the items still pending - I clicked on the reset link, and the item were then available for downloading.

Still, while there are a few things I would like to purchase, I dare not, especially seeing this is a major and widespread problem. I'll go spend my money over at Renderosity instead this weekend.

IMHO - this whole new upgrade really blows, including the item pages in the shop. One thing I miss very much is the link to Accessories which I no longer see. All this "new and improved" which to me is a complete disappointment, and you can't even purchase without fail. :(

• Alethas FantasyAlethas Fantasy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Good luck I have been waiting over 2 weeks to get stuff I paid for.

I have been going to Renderosity also, thinking of joining there member club it's hafe price now & may get out of this one if I don't get my stuff I paid hard money for to go in there bank & nothen for me but a big head ack.

No one responds to me. :(

I hate the new store, they should of took one area at a time & made sure it worked before changing a whole store!!!

Renderosity is the place to be now.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

I wonder if you guys who managed to buy something today are are all from USA or what? Because here where I live in Europe, DAZ store is not just slow - it does not work at all. I cannot view anything in the store, I cannot go to My Account, simpy nothing. When I click on something, the site appears to be connecting, but it goes on forever and never connects (not even after numerous F5 refresh hits). Or maybe it eventually would connect, but I gave up after 40 minutes... And yesterday it only showed "error" or "site maintenance" pages. Could it be that this is only specific to people living outside of US?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

No not all from the US. Many of us are from this side of the Pond, And experiencing very little difference to the guys over there.

• edited December 1969

@ Proxima Shining... I'm from the U.S. and have been having the same problems so I doubt the problems we're seeing are related to where we're located.

• KillebrewKillebrew Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

I've been away for a while. Just bought the "Fantasy Bath" set, which is my first experience with this new store set up.
    I'm glad to hear I'm not crazy or anything, and that I'm not the only one having problems. It ended up charging the full price on that set instead of the listed sale price. I've seen people in the past post about this problem, but this is the first time I've ever experienced it.

This new store system is screwy to me. I still haven't found the "don't show me both PC -and- Mac downloads" button yet, which clears up a lot of visual confusion. And I have no idea what this whole "meta" download stuff is. Plus, the things I just bought would randomly pop in and out of my cart every time I went to a new page, even after I bought and downloaded them.

Everyone gets to throw their two cents in about the new website setup, so here's mine:

I think I'll just avoid using it.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

I sent Daz Sales a note 7 hours ago telling them of the same problem, I could not download my purchased items due to the same error you mention. I have not had this particular problem with the new site until now, but have had other issues.
    Still waiting for a reply, and although a great supporter of Daz, this ongoing new website and store problems, is beyond belief for an online business. Might be time Daz to call in some urgent outside help. ;-)

If your order shows as complete, try going to itemized order history and resetting the products.

• GigabeatGigabeat Posts: 164
    edited May 2012

Grrrr now I'm really pissed off with/by the store.
    Yesterday pages were slow to load and so gave up shopping out of frustration.
    Today all the items that were on sale yesterday are no longer on sale.
    Some sales items prices have increased. Yesterday they were lower.
    Some pages now states site closed for maintenance. Feel like throttling that little green alien.
    Did Daz hire the programmers responsible for Windows Vista or what?

Post edited by Gigabeat on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

GigaBeat said:
    Grrrr now I'm really pissed off with/by the store.
    Yesterday pages were slow to load and so gave up shopping out of frustration.
    Today all the items that were on sale yesterday are no longer on sale.
    Some sales items prices have increased. Yesterday they were lower.
    Some pages now states site closed for maintenance. Feel like throttling that little green alien.
    Did Daz hire the programers responsible for Windows Vista or what?

There was a glitch in which many items which were not supposed to be on sale were put on sale, so I think they turned them all off while they correct things.

• IbanaraIbanara Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

back here after four weeks because I wanted to use my platinum voucher .... nothing works ... can't buy anything

New Problem??

Hi Daz, don't you want my money? I have to set up a new credit card - but I can't, because there is no "country" to select (I come from Germany) on the credit card profile side - so no credit card, no chance to buy anything ...

Please Fix - and please re-issue my platinum voucher next month again because your website prevents me from using it this month ...