Ancient Prophecies

FaveralFaveral Posts: 415
edited December 1969 in The Commons

A set built around an ancient Mayan prophecy announcing the end of the world for 2012, released on 9/11 and on day 13 of the PA sale... What are the odds? :)
It's here now: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/ancient-prophecies

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Very nice and different from you Faveral

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

Oh, not what I would've expected from you, but I'm totally in love! :D As long as you're branching out, I'd love to see what you'd do with an Egyptian set. ;)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Well I went and done it, I bought it. :)

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

Indeed! Very Nice!

-MJ

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,508
    edited December 1969

Faveral said:
    A set built around an ancient Mayan prophecy announcing the end of the world for 2012, released on 9/11 and on day 13 of the PA sale... What are the odds? :)

And when you sell 666 items today you know why ;-)

Great set, completed my Faveral collection with it!

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

great set !

love the ambiance !

• FaveralFaveral Posts: 415
    edited December 1969

Thank you all for your nice comments! :)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Ooo, veryvery nice! And I just finally decided to risk updating to 4.5, so I can now use this. Have to remember to buy before it goes off sale.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited September 2012

Another great product. I could not resit buying. your models are always fantastic and they work great in animation so thank you for a job well done and making it poser compatible.

Post edited by Ivy on
  • the3dwizardthe3dwizard Posts: 495
    edited December 1969

Very nice! I particularly like the torch/fire effects.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

CC "broke" ... sigh ... it's okay ... I know where CC's cousin is hehehe ...

Certainly could get '666' sales! Maybe a few people could get some quick vids uploaded to Youtube and have some fun lol ...

Just remember the sage advice of the old Mayan man of today as to what happens come the end of the calendar on 21 Dec 2012.

scroll down ....

Ready .....

"we start a new calendar"

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,834
    edited December 1969

Could someone post a clay render, or a render of the whole thing with default lighting, please? I'm not sure how it fits together, or what exactly is off in the shadows.

• SyndarylSyndaryl Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

Could someone post a clay render, or a render of the whole thing with default lighting, please? I'm not sure how it fits together, or what exactly is off in the shadows.

Will do, I'm downloading now and will install and do a clay render immediately.

edited December 1969

Hmm, I wish the rubble were its own material zone. I wanted to turn it off to make the hall seem a little more "lived-in" and less ruined. :( Oh, well, not something I can't do myself.

edited December 1969

In Poser or DS 4 (or using a modelling application) you should be able to group the rubble and assign it to a new material, if you want to lose it. You could even split it into new objects if desired. Of course that does depend on what's behind it, but I've done the like with various sets when I've wanted extra flexibility.

edited December 1969

In Poser or DS 4 (or using a modelling application) you should be able to group the rubble and assign it to a new material, if you want to lose it. You could even split it into new objects if desired. Of course that does depend on what's behind it, but I've done the like with various sets when I've wanted extra flexibility.

Yeah, like I said, I've assigned new material groups before--but it would have been nice to have it set up that way to begin with. :)
    edited December 1969

Here's looking down on the main area without loading in the pyramid and altar, and with no extra props loaded. I cranked up the ambient lighting for you and turned off the ambient on the fire materials.

test.jpg
    1105 x 755 - 672K
    edited December 1969

Thank you, that helps to clarify it enormously.

edited December 1969

The back doorway there has cobwebs in it. The front wall has two more statues. Here's a quick one looking out the doorway you can see in the first picture (lower quality, sorry).

test.jpg
    500 x 650 - 261K
    edited December 1969

And here's a quick one of the props and the dias and altar

test.jpg
    500 x 650 - 268K
    edited December 1969

Heh, you tipped me over into buying it. Now, I really don't need to buy Cthulhu to occupy it do I?

• aldemps_65d152c25faldemps_65d152c25f Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

Thank you.
    I think I am going to have fun with these sets.

12-09-13_raiders.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 340K
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Startled

Ancient Prophecies rendered with Reality/LuxRender.

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

Can't wait to do some AVP renders

• The RavenmasterThe Ravenmaster Posts: 11
    edited December 2012

What's the deal? I bought this when it first came out. I was going through Faveral"s store and noticed my renders were different then the promo pics and was missing a few things! I just did this render to show what I get. Notice the difference? Why? I really would like to have this fixed!!!

temple_panels.png
    1200 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by The Ravenmaster on
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

The details on the walls are done via displacement maps. Make sure rendering of displacement maps is turned on.

edited December 1969

cwichura said:The details on the walls are done via displacement maps. Make sure rendering of displacement maps is turned on.

Thanks! The reply was a lot faster then what I expected! Got most of it figured out...still missing some on the center panel , around the head sculpture and along the bottom. maybe I haven't found the displacement maps for that yet like I had to for the others. Why weren't the displacement maps in the right places right out of the box so to speak?

edited December 1969

They should be - unless you use the Poser version in DAZ Studio, when the displacement maps will not be set. Make sure you use the DS format version, or apply the DS material presets if there are any, and you should be fine.

edited December 1969

That's where the problem is.......I used the poser version on Daz I believe! A very big thank you to all!