Photoshop bridge....

RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi Folks,

I'm a bit perplexed. I upgraded to Photoshop CS6 Extended. I've not explored any of the 3D options as of yet since I was just trying to get my hair project for AprilYSH's Lyon hair completed, which it is now but...... I did take a few minutes and look around in the 64 bit and 32 bit versions of PS and well.. I can't find the bridge at all. It's installed but no where to be found! :-(

Anyone that uses the bridge tell me where to look or how to invoke it? DS 4.5 has NOTHING about the bridge either so not sure if it's a bug or what.

Thanks much!

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

I just figured out how to get it working.. it’s there but I had to make sure that I had the bridge installed to the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Photoshop (I only installed it to the 64 bit and forgot to install it to the 32 bit version so need to do that since so many plugins only work in the 32 bit version of PSCS). Then I was able find the bridge under the File > Automate menu in Photoshop.

If you don't have an icon on your Toolbar in DS you can set that up via the Edit > Customize menu. Invoke the Customize menu. Left pane, expand Bridges and you will see the Photoshop Bridge there. Right pane, the 3rd tab “Tool Bars” and expand. Expand the “Input Output” section. From the left pane drag and drop the PS Bridge to where your other bridges are. I have Hexagon, Bryce and ZBrush bridges showing. Hit Apply at the bottom of the dialog and then Accept. Your icon should be there on your Toolbar now….

Now actually using the Bridge I have no idea at this point. I need a tutorial!

What I'm trying to figure out is HOW to get Genesis in there. I remember another member showing me that indeed she was able to get Aiko3 in there and showed screen shots of her painting directly on Aiko's body. So it's possible but I don't know how to do that. Not sure if the Bridge comes into play or no....

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited September 2012

I haven't had much luck with the
    Edit - hate it when I click the wrong button. Anyway, what I was trying to say is, I haven't had much luck with the Photoshop Bridge. For me, almost every time I use it, Photoshop hangs (not responding) and I have to use the Task manager to kill it. I have CS6 (not extended). I'm using 64 bit. Haven't tried 32 bit. There is a tutorial or readme somewhere. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Post edited by barbult on
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much for looking that up for me! :-)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

Well, I have a PDF document that I downloaded from DAZ documentation center several months ago - before the big website "upgrade". It is titled:
    DAZ Studio™
    3D Bridge Automation
    for Photoshop®
    User Documentation
    Revision A, DCN 002
    28 March 2008

So, you can see that it was out of date even then. It may still be available in the new documentation center, but I didn't find it yet. Here are some links to look through. Keep digging and you may find what you need.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/?do=googlecustomsearch&id=bridge
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/3dbridge/reference/main
    https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/21045731-how-to-install-and-use-3d-bridge-in-daz-studio-4-pro
    https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/20671347-how-to-use-daz-studio-4-with-photoshop-cs
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/3dbridge/reference/3d_bridge_tab

I try to use the bridge to import image maps, modify them, and export them back out. While modifying them is when PSCS 6 hangs for me. I'd be real interested to know if it works for you.

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

Just select the 3Dbridge camera in DS to get the view you want then in PS do preview or render image. that's pretty self explanatory

You also can import texture and work on them and send back to DAZ and render either in PS or DS

I never used the export functions

edited September 2012

Thanks barbult. I do remember that the bridge became unstable after a short while. So perhaps that's still borked. My desire is to bring in a full 3D model, OBJ, into the extended part of PSCS3EXT and work on that and export maps. If not that's OK. I just downloaded and played around with the beta of 3DCoat, still very unstable on my system. Not sure what's going on with that program. Seems finding a really good, affordable 3D paint program is really not that easy. I got Blacksmith 3D on the system too and just upgraded that. I think I'm going to let 3DCoat go though... not planning on paying them another $175.00 for the upgrade to version 4 when it hits the market. No way, not for that sort of instability. All the vids I watch of it things seem to work fine on other folks systems. I load up Genesis and it's painting it all wrong and then freezes. Maps are all on top of each other, which might be the default mapping but saw no option to bring them in broken up on their own UV maps. So when I'm painting the head the arms and legs are being painted and then it freezes. YUK! On top of that the folks over in the 3DCoat forums are in their own little click and ignore any pleas for help 90% of the time or they start to help and then *poof* no more help. I don't like snobs.....

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • Vege MiteVege Mite Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    I just figured out how to get it working.. it’s there but I had to make sure that I had the bridge installed to the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Photoshop (I only installed it to the 64 bit and forgot to install it to the 32 bit version so need to do that since so many plugins only work in the 32 bit version of PSCS). Then I was able find the bridge under the File > Automate menu in Photoshop.

This information is incorrect. You don't need to install both the 32 Bit and 64 Bit versions. The trick is to install it to the "PlugIns" folder in PhotoShop. :-)

edited December 1969

Of course I installed to the plugins folder. silly

• craig.melvillecraig.melville Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

I'm having the same issue.

JUst installed latest DAZ with the latest Photoshopcs6 Extended and Bridge.

Photoshop says:

DAZ Studio was detected without the 3D Bridge being active. The 3D Bridge can be activated from the DAZ Studio menu by going to:
    Edit > 3D Bridge...

However 3dit>3d Bridge doesn't exist in the menu.

• acelestingreeracelestingreer Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Vege Mite said:
    RAMWolff said:

This information is incorrect. You don't need to install both the 32 Bit and 64 Bit versions. The trick is to install it to the "PlugIns" folder in PhotoShop. :-)

I was able actually to use this exact method (installing 32 bit) to get it working in DAZ 3D as it automatically detects the plug-ins folder anyway, so I am thankful to the OP and wanted to suggest anyone else to try it.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071
    edited December 1969

I've tried repeatedly to download, much less install the 32 bit version and the file is missing the dll. So, as usual, it defaults into quitting the damn installation.

I had hopes of using this to get a tattoo correctly placed onto the back of M4, but it looks like I'm going to have to go back to CS5E and do it by hand. I have the 64 bit version installed and even if I go to initialize the bridge from Studio, Photoshop doesn't recognize the bridge connection and gives a fault error.

Eh. Such is life.

• ChakradudeChakradude Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

Hi,I have been trying to get the bridge working on various Mac systems for the last few years without success. I was psyched to see they had updated the bridge at long last. Currently I am trying to get the bridge working on an iMac running OS 10.8.2 intel core with 4 gigs ram
    Photoshop extended
    D|S 4.5.0.114 pro 64bit

I can find the Daz studio palate in Photoshop but it says that the bridge is not activated in D|S. When I check Studio the plugin is not loaded.

This is what it says:

Plug-in failed to load!
    Filename:
    /Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/plugins/libdz3dbridge.dylib
    Plug-in:
    libdz3dbridge
    Author:
    Unknown
    Version:
    Reason:
    Plug-in was made for a newer version of DAZ Studio.

Unknown

A newer version of Daz studio? I updated this at the same time as installing the plugin! Anyone have an Idea? Id love to finally get this working.

Thanks in advance for seeing what I can't.

Bob

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,197
    edited December 1969

Where did you get the plugin? The current version should be included with the Pro installers, so if you reset a separate order that may not have been updated to work with .114.

• RavenSpectreRavenSpectre Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Hello Everyone concerned with Photoshop 3D Bridge crashing. I have found a solution that works for me. I open both DAZ Studio 4.8 and Photoshop 64-bit. In DAZ Studio, Initialize 3D Bridge. Switch to Photoshop and Automate - DAZ Studio. When the window opens, Import an Image File. Once the file is opened, CLOSE THE PHOTOSHOP 3D BRIDGE WINDOW!!! Edit your image map in Photoshop. When you have everything ready, RE-OPEN THE DAZ 3D BRIDGE AND EXPORT THE IMAGE.

• Hello Everyone concerned with Photoshop 3D Bridge crashing. I have found a solution that works for me. I open both DAZ Studio 4.8 and Photoshop 64-bit. In DAZ Studio, Initialize 3D Bridge. Switch to Photoshop and Automate - DAZ Studio. When the window opens, Import an Image File. Once the file is opened, CLOSE THE PHOTOSHOP 3D BRIDGE WINDOW!!! Edit your image map in Photoshop. When you have everything ready, RE-OPEN THE DAZ 3D BRIDGE AND EXPORT THE IMAGE.

Dude, that fixed my freezing issues in Photoshop CS5 every time I would Import a Texture Image Map it would freeze up after importing it in. Now I close the Daz Bridge Window in Photoshop and all works great!!!