Cutting Out The Glare?

franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
edited December 1969 in The Commons

This entire site is now impossible to view for more than a few seconds due to the massive, massive snow blindness induced by the horrendous GLARE.
When will this be fixed?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I use FireFox and "colour that Site" Others are saying they are using "No Squint"

• franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited May 2012

chohole said:
    I use FireFox and "colour that Site" Others are saying they are using "No Squint"

Yes, I use those too, but it's not an ideal solution, the text is hard to see when using Colour That Site, and some stuff is totally uinvisible.

DazAndColourThisSite.jpg
    807 x 539 - 67K
    Post edited by franontheedge on
  • NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

This entire site is now impossible to view for more than a few seconds due to the massive, massive snow blindness induced by the horrendous GLARE.
    When will this be fixed?

what I did with "Colour that Site!" was just Invert the background and then the foreground colours and so far I find I can see everything OK and no blinding glare which is good as I am severe migraine suffer.

you can use the wand to select individual elements but that looked like way to much work to me.

this is how mine looks on the edit screen

web.jpg
    800 x 486 - 84K
    edited December 1969

NeilV 1 said:
    When will this be fixed?

what I did with "Colour that Site!" was just Invert the background and then the foreground colours and so far I find I can see everything OK and no blinding glare which is good as I am severe migraine suffer.

you can use the wand to select individual elements but that looked like way to much work to me.

this is how mine looks on the edit screen

For a few split seconds Neil, your suggestion worked but then suddenly I can't use "Colour That Site" on Daz at all -I get an error message saying "No Site preferences found, cannot load site" or similiar wording - and nothing comes up at all until I delete the "colour that site" changes.
    I just can't stay here with all this glare.

Help!

edited May 2012

The site itself is throwing up an error message on accasion Which starts "Site Error, Unable to load Site Preferences" It is most annoying, and it is still not time for the Daz Office to open, so we can feed this info to someone.

I am finding when I get that message I often need to redo the post or PM I was trying to send.

It may be connected.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • NimosNimos Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

On a related note, many stupid people are complaining about my new cars because the steering wheel is in the trunk. So I tell them about a simple workaround.... just sit in the trunk while driving.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

I decided to adapt.

DSC00406_10.jpg
    600 x 452 - 84K
  • NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

that could work too.

my glasses have reaction lenses so they don't work indoors :P

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited May 2012

On a related note, many stupid people are complaining about my new cars because the steering wheel is in the trunk. So I tell them about a simple workaround.... just sit in the trunk while driving.

This post was hilarious.

I don't mind the odd workaround, but could we actually get things fixed (the site and software) so they work right WITHOUT workarounds?

PS Yes, the glare is ridiculous

Post edited by tsarist on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    The site itself is throwing up an error message on accasion Which starts "Site Error, Unable to load Site Preferences" It is most annoying, and it is still not time for the Daz Office to open, so we can feed this info to someone.

I am finding when I get that message I often need to redo the post or PM I was trying to send.

It may be connected.

It's encouraging that this error isn't just me.
    By the way the site keeps on loosing me being signed in - I didn't used to have to keep on signing in all the time, is this another error in the gubbins of the site?

edited December 1969

Yes it does seem to be. We have it on the list.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yes it does seem to be. We have it on the list.

Oh good, I'll come back when it's fixed then.
    Pity cos I have a question I wanted to ask David Brinnen and he's more often here at Daz than anywhere else.
    But I can't stand it here for long.

Thanks Chohole.